/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaykh al-Amin Ali Mazrui

Umm Safiya
06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
As-salâmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullâhi wa barakâtuh..

Who is al-Amin Ali Mazrui?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
REPSTER
06-07-2006, 10:03 AM
:sl:

Dont know:?

AvarAllahNoor
06-07-2006, 10:08 AM
As a scholar, Shaykh Al-Amin Mazrui attempted to be a bridge between Islam and modernity. He argued that while Christianity became the vanguard of progress when it became more secular and less Christian, Islam was the vanguard of progress when it was more Islamic and less secular. According to Shaykh Al-Amin, progress among Muslims required not the abandonment of Islam but the recovery of the original spirit of Islamic enlightenment. Shaykh Al-Amin's choice of these favored sayings of the Prophet

In 2003, Mazrui was detained and questioned by the Department of Homeland Security after returning to the United States from Africa. Mazrui admitted to officials that he tried to meet with a radical Islamist leader, but was unsuccessful. Officials concluded that no crime had been committed, but his critics pointed to this as evidence of ties to terrorist activity

scentsofjannah
06-07-2006, 09:47 PM

Ive read his book the Content of Character which contains the ethical sayings of Prophet Muhammed saw..translated by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf:) check the link below inshaAllah

[LINK REMOVED DUE TO SECTARIAN CONTENT]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Safiya
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM

Jazak Allâhu khayr!
Is he sufi?

Umm Safiya
07-24-2006, 09:57 AM
^:?

scentsofjannah
07-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Shaykh Amin Ali Mazrui is a muslim scholar from East Africa..thats the most important thing..let us not be blinded by sectarian fanaticism that we only listen to people from this or that sect..this is haraam in Islam..we are one ummah.

:w:

Umm Safiya
07-25-2006, 07:44 PM

I know that we are one ummah.. But it is not forbidden to ask if he belongs to any particular sect.. But I guess he is yes, since you don't wanna answer the question..

:)

scentsofjannah
07-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Sister Umm Hamzah..its not that i dont want to answer..its that i got no answer to your question and i couldnt care less whether he is or not..hes a muslim and thats all that matters to me..how bout you? you said 'you know we're one ummah'..do you really mean that? i think not!! you should be honest with yourself first sister before anything else.

We're One Ummah..there are far more important things to worry about..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.