/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims 'should stop helping police'

sonz
06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Yvonne Ridley, the former journalist who was kidnapped by the Taliban, has said that Muslims in east London should stop co-operating with the police after last week's terror raid in which a man was shot.

Miss Ridley, who is now an activist with George Galloway's Respect Party, said the community was being "terrorised" by the Metropolitan Police and should end all contact with the force.

But a senior officer said good relations on the ground were vital to ensuring difficult issues were handled in a sensitive way.

Miss Ridley was held hostage by the Taliban during the US-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001. She had snuck into the country to cover the war for Express Newspapers.

She was released and later converted to Islam, and has been outspoken about the treatment of Muslims in Britain.

"I don't think the Muslim community should communicate with the police any more until they start showing some respect to the community," she said.

"There are Muslim community leaders - largely self-appointed - who regularly hold meetings with the police.

"I'm afraid these leaders are confusing access to the top brass with influence. The reality is that they have neither. What we are witnessing now is the terrorisation of one community."

At a meeting of the Respect Party last night in the area of the raid, she suggested non-co-operation "goes from asking the community copper for directions to passing the time of the day with the beat officers".

But Commander Steve Allen, who heads territorial policing, said co-operation between communities was vital.

"What is more likely to deliver effective police and community and responses to situations like this?" he asked.

"Is it when we talk to each other, when we spend time trying to understand each other's perspective or is it when we call for complete disengagement?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...07/ixnews.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-07-2006, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Salam,
Wrong move to make in my humble opinion :-\
:sl:

I agree but that's what the opinion will change to with the police for targetting muslims constantly, I wonder what has happened to all the non-muslim terrorists have they gone into retirement or does the police only care about muslim threats.

- Qatada -
06-07-2006, 06:20 PM
:wasalamex

Anyone notice how the IRA dropped out just on the same day of 7/7?

insha'Allaah Allaah will protect all the muslim ummah.

Will ye not fight people who violated their oaths, plotted to expel the Messenger, and took the aggressive by being the first (to assault) you? Do ye fear them? Nay, it is Allah Whom ye should more justly fear, if ye believe! (9:13)

:salamext:

Panatella
06-07-2006, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I agree but that's what the opinion will change to with the police for targetting muslims constantly, I wonder what has happened to all the non-muslim terrorists have they gone into retirement or does the police only care about muslim threats.
No, terrorists rarely make it to retirement. The retirement fund is huge now, as none have ever collected retirement benefits.

Seriously though, on topic, it is a mistake to not co-operate with the police. If the majority of muslims are peaceful, then surely they would agree that the benefits that the vast majority enjoy in the form of law and order, far outweigh the isolated problems experienced by a few. The alternative would be terrorists and thugs operating with impunity. Anarchy would ensue.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
06-07-2006, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
No, terrorists rarely make it to retirement. The retirement fund is huge now, as none have ever collected retirement benefits.

Seriously though, on topic, it is a mistake to not co-operate with the police. If the majority of muslims are peaceful, then surely they would agree that the benefits that the vast majority enjoy in the form of law and order, far outweigh the isolated problems experienced by a few. The alternative would be terrorists and thugs operating with impunity. Anarchy would ensue.

I agree

Trumble
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
I wonder what has happened to all the non-muslim terrorists have they gone into retirement or does the police only care about muslim threats.
Other than a few animal liberationists what other threat is there at present? To answer your first question, the answer is to all intents and purposes "yes". The Provisional IRA finally totally renounced violence on 28 July 2005. Gerry Adams had called for that to happen in April of that year. It's weapons are now verified as having been destroyed. It's former members are now in comfortable retirement running extortion rackets and robbing banks.

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Anyone notice how the IRA dropped out just on the same day of 7/7?
No, because it didn't happen. The IRA had been effectively inactive since 1997. A relatively small splinter group, the "Real" IRA is still active on a small scale in both Northern Ireland and the Republic but is not considered a significant threat.

lavikor201
06-07-2006, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Panatella
Very good post. I agree that not helping the police will not get anything solved.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.