/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fajar...how do you get up

Safeena
06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
How do you wake up for Fajr? Do you have a Fajr buddy? Does your mum wake you up? Do you get water chucked into your face? HAve you ever been woken with a slap? So yeah, share ideas people...

Sleeping on something like the floor usually helps btw, because you arnt as comfortable, you arnt in as deep a sleep, so yeah, try that...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
06-07-2006, 10:09 PM
wen i was small lol my mum used 2 force me lik propa shake me & me sister flyin kicked me once :heated:

lol nowadays me gots hols from uni, so i jus do tahajjud & stay up til fajr :D cos its only lik @ 3.09, but if i got work or uni then i set lik 20 million alarms!! dat alwyz works :D

lol @ fajr buddys lol dey dnt work cos wot happens if both of ya fall asleep or dnt wake up & its a mission wen sum1 keeps miscallin u @ lik 3 am in d mornin:omg:

sleepin on floor is gud idea but once u get in d sleepin mood then ka booom ur gona sleep dats me tlkin frm xperience lol

afriend
06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
well, there's always one thing that wakes me up, the anticipation of listening/reading Quraan after waking, just feels as tho you gain something more than sleep...

Also, I play this call loud as I switch on my PC, although it isn't 'Salaatul Qiyaam' at that time, but I love that call to prayer they do in Makkah just before Taraweeh starts...:wub: :'(

I could upload it somewhere....but where?

A7med
06-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Me i have a clock built in my head :p <--4 the bros!!

na...... trust me............ make intention to wakeup for fajr before u sleep....and u will wake up automatically :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
06-07-2006, 10:14 PM
erm ........ from d computer :p

The Ruler
06-07-2006, 10:14 PM
:sl:

now i can wake up for fajr cuz i put my alarm on n keep it away from my reach so dat i cant switch it off....n wen it rings, its lyk soooo lound i v ta get up n switch it off....n das wen i wake up.....but b4 lyk wen i was really young, i neva used ta wake up for skool, but my mum used ta switch de tv on n say da cartoons on n off i get :D....but den agen most of de tym iwake up cuz i remind myself dat if i dnt pray den der wud b no xcuse for dis on de day of judgement n das y i cud wake up ta pray :)
oh yeh i did get water sprayed on mi face....but i used ta scream cuz its wayyyyy too annoyin n also da tune dat my mum/dad cals wen im asleep ta wake me up :grumbling.

:w:

chacha_jalebi
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brown Clown
na...... trust me............ make intention to wakeup for fajr before u sleep....and u will wake up automatically :)
its tru mashallah bro :D

afriend
06-07-2006, 10:17 PM
LOL

All tested...I used to miss Eshas and fajrs, until recently, I got into the habit of reading on time (I love my grand dad :wub:)...And today, was one of those days where Esha and fajr was completed.....Zuhr was such a peace of mind...

Cos I make up during Zuhr time! :(

Daffodil
06-07-2006, 11:18 PM
DUA TO ASSIST ONE IN AWAKENING FOR TAHAJJUD /Fajr

A person remarked to
Abdullah bin Abbas [radhiyallahu anhu],
"I always intend awakening in the last portion of the night to perform Salaat but
sleep overpowers me."
Ibne Abbas [radhiyallahu anhu] replied,
"Before sleeping recite from "QUL LAW KANAL BAHRU MIDADAL..." to the end of Surah
Kahf.
Allah Ta'ala will waken you at whatever time you intend rising."
[Tha'labi-Ma'ariful Quraan vol 51 ]

One could also use this method to wake up for Fajr Salaah)

Verse 109 / 110 Surah 18 – Surah Kahf should be recited before sleeping intending in your mind what time you wish to wake up, having full trust on Allah. It has been the experience of our pious predecessors that this was very effective in awakening a person who read it at the actual time desired.
If u make it ur intention before u go bed to wake up for fajr then u wake up, supplicate to Allah before u sleep that he helps u n he will.

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever forgets a prayer or sleeps and misses it, the expiation for that is to pray it when he remembers it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (572) and Muslim (684).

This hadeeth indicates that the one who sleeps is not accountable during the time of his sleep, and there is consensus on this point.

The apparent meaning of the hadeeth is that there is no negligence in sleep if a person sleeps before the time for prayer begins or after that but before the time becomes too short. And it was said that if a person deliberately goes to sleep before the time becomes too short and he takes that as a means of not praying because he thinks it most likely that he will not wake up until the time for the prayer is over, then he is sinning. But the apparent meaning is that there is no sin on him because of sleeping, because he did that at a time when it was permissible to do it, so he is included in this hadeeth. But if he did it deliberately in order to miss the prayer, then there is no doubt that he is sinning thereby.
my husband wakes me up for fajr or sometimes i wake him up n we both try n set our alarms but sometimes i dnt because my alarm is annoying n my husbands aint so i leave it to him to set which is bad really cuz i shud take my own measures n not rely on him. its harder for married couples to get up for fajr cuz u have to have a bath n the thought of havin a bath at 3 am is a bit off putting n its easy to think forgetttt it n fall back to sleep astagfirullah may Allah swt forgive us, and giv us the abillity to wake up ameen.

F.Y.
06-08-2006, 12:31 AM
Just drink - lots of water. You'll get up in the middle of the night - it'll be fajr time!

Peace

tabligh
06-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Alhumdulilallah i wake up for fajr by a phone call to my cell phone by my cousin may Allah give him reward

syilla
06-08-2006, 02:22 AM
don't really know...

but i think 'something' always wake me up. i'm not sure what it is.

syilla
06-08-2006, 02:24 AM
i don't use any alarm...

always woke up 10 minutes before fajr.

alhamdullillah for that

Hawa
06-08-2006, 02:38 AM
alarm clock..a persistent alarm clock

north_malaysian
06-08-2006, 04:40 AM
alarm clock. I'm easy to wake up because my ear is too sensitive. When I was in campus years, if I slept at 10.00 PM and at 3.00 AM my roomate ask where did I put my notes etc, I can hear it and answer back while closing my eyes. I can listen everything while sleeping - frogs, dogs and of course those mysterious sounds too.

amirah_87
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
fajar...my mums like a human alarm clock so we hardly ever miss fajar alhamdulillah

Muslim Soldier
06-09-2006, 11:16 AM
well once one wakes up everday one developes a conditional reflex towards it

Nawal89
06-09-2006, 11:24 AM
My mother usually wakes me up. But then even if she doesnt its just in me to wake up on that time alhamdulillah. But sometimes i dont know what happens but my dad has to half break down my door before i wake up.

Arwa
06-09-2006, 11:27 AM

In summer if I'm busy doing stuff till about 1:30, I might stay up still 2am (when fajr starts). Otherwise, I have an alarm and my dad. :)

Mawaddah
06-09-2006, 01:02 PM
I wake up every morning at exactly the same time....on the dot. I find it pretty amazing too sometimes. Like now, everymorning I wake up at exactly 5:10........I guess I have an inner alarm clock or something. Alhamdulillah

06-09-2006, 01:11 PM
My parrot usually starts off in the morning doing the iqaamah :). But we're immune to him now so my mum/sister wake me up.

Protected_Diamond
06-09-2006, 01:14 PM

Put your alarm clock or whatever you use at the other side of the room and in order to switch it off you'll have to get up & insha' Allah you should be awake then

:w:

vpb
06-09-2006, 01:19 PM
i get up with a mobile alarm clock, sometimes with Athan, and sometimes it happens to wake up before the alarm or athan.

Safeena
06-09-2006, 01:41 PM
mashallah its good 2 hear that every1 prays

era
06-09-2006, 01:59 PM
my pet cat wakes me up for fajar :)
at the fajar its breakfast time:D

its my best alaram if some time it not works then dad voice is my best alaram to wak up soon.:statisfie

amirah_87
06-09-2006, 02:05 PM
it's soo nice in muslim countries "the Adaan goes off" instead of havin' to rely on a lil' alarm clock *rolls eyes*

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
it's soo nice in muslim countries "the Adaan goes off" instead of havin' to rely on a lil' alarm clock *rolls eyes*
unless they done the adhan through then megafone things right in my ear i wudnt wake up.

06-09-2006, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
I know! I remember how the azan would wake me up in the morning and i'd just sit their listening to it.... I'ts so beautiful hearing the azan in the morning, especially the part that means 'prayer is better that sleep'.

unless they done the adhan through then megafone things right in my ear i wudnt wake up.
lolz sis :giggling:

amirah_87
06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah ..i know theirs usually two adaan that go off, although i'm too deep in sleep to hear the first....!!!:p

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 02:21 PM
Got the adhan as ma ringtone...so i just get up when the adhan sounds on ma phone alarm! :)

Sumtyms it dnt work but ma sista's ringtone sho wakes me up if myn dnt work...her fones vibration is loud aswell :grumbling

H4RUN
06-09-2006, 03:33 PM
or u can strap 2 phones around your head preferably next to your ears and wait for the alarms to come on, may be a touch uncomfortable, but hey you'll get used 2 it...erm ok maybe not lol
but if all else fails, just place 2 or even 3 phones next to your bed and by the time you press 'snooze' or 'stop' on each phone you'll be in total outrage, y? because somehow the alarms comes on again!!! ( i think i may have pressed the snooze there LOL)
OR drink plenty of red bull and coffee and just dont sleeep!!!:happy: i'm a bright spark arnt i :rollseyes
peace out
w/salam

hassanomar
06-14-2006, 12:12 AM
alarm on my phone - does it everyday!!

jkr
06-14-2006, 08:09 AM
I wake up automatically at fajr time Alhamdulillah,but sometimes if i sleep late then when i wake up,i tell myself to sleep for ten more minutes,when i sleep again i get a bad dream and i end up running to make wudhu Loooool.

DAWUD_adnan
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
i just wake up i do not need a alarm clock subhanAllah!!!

[BANANA][/BANANA]

Safeena
06-14-2006, 12:26 PM
salaam
same here i do not need a alarm clock i wake up my self which is good

Hijaabi22
06-14-2006, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

lol @ fajr buddys lol dey dnt work cos wot happens if both of ya fall asleep or dnt wake up & its a mission wen sum1 keeps miscallin u @ lik 3 am in d mornin:omg:
i had many...they all tried....they all failed... they all given up on me...im jus a lazy ass man me n my sleep ...ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzzzzz

S_87
06-14-2006, 01:35 PM

atm fajr starts at 1:31 so i stay up

otherwise the good old alarm

Najiullah
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
dont need an alaram ,

fajar time starts at 4 :19 am , i wake up for tahjud like 3 am

Pk_#2
06-14-2006, 03:03 PM
mashaAllah bro..

May Allah give you great rewards..

i get up for fajr...but don't do tahajjud and dat

InshaAllah one day :)

Hajar
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM
I put my mobile under my pillow and set it to vibrate alarm.. Alhamdoulilah I wake from that:)

Starseeker
06-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I put my mobile on the lodest it will go and put it on the other end of the room so that I actually get up out of bed to swich it off.

SistaHH
06-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I usually set my alarm on this vibrate tone thingy, and it gives you such a fright that you wake up!

But now its summer, Fajr starts really early wher i live- around 1.18am so I just stay up and pray and then sleep.

person
06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by safeena
How do you wake up for Fajr? Do you have a Fajr buddy? Does your mum wake you up? Do you get water chucked into your face? HAve you ever been woken with a slap? So yeah, share ideas people...

Sleeping on something like the floor usually helps btw, because you arnt as comfortable, you arnt in as deep a sleep, so yeah, try that...
put your alarm on, try get people to wake you up via physically or on your phone insha Allah. fajr salah is a big test for us, will we wake up and fulfil Allahs obligation of will we fail and obey shaytaan? be strong insha Allah. once you wake up for fajr, you will fing it easier to wake up afterwards once you have put in into a routine. eveyhardship follows wit ease so Allah will make things aesy for us all.

maryam (",)
06-15-2006, 07:25 PM
alarms
parents
calls from friends

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.