I got this from another forum, but its kinda important insha'Allaah.
What do you do if you get arrested, or interrogated??
As-Salaamu ’Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu
My dear brothers and sisters in Islaam
I have something important to share with you and I ask Allaah to assist me, and to let this short article benefit us all since this is an important topic that we all need to be aware off because of the situation we live in today. Muslims are getting detained each day and each day we see more arrests worldwide.
It can happen to any of us and our only crime most of the time is that we look like muslims and hold tight onto our deen. But there is some important information we need to be aware of in regards to this issue in order to safeguard ourselves and the ummah from the plots of the kuffar.
They (the kuffar) don’t care whether you’re a male or female, nothing prevents them, gender, age or anything else for that matter. If you’re a “threat” in their eyes, this alone is a good enough reason for them.
It is very important that we are prepared for this before it happens to us, so you can survive the arrest and interrogation without causing any trouble for yourself, or any other muslim(s) they are questioning you about.
We should expect this to happen to us and prepare for it, since it is part of this long journey of haqq. And we should not act like the munafiqeen, who agree with the enemy whilst on this path as long as they don’t have to sacrifice anything for the deen.
What will follow is some important notes I have written for us all, from your sister in Islaam whose brother has been imprisoned by the tawagheet.
Some important notes to remember:
- Don’t say anything! Remember war is deception. Don’t give them any information and the only thing you should say is. I DONT KNOW. I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING. I NEVER SAW ANYTHING. You have a right to remain silent, and they can never force you to speak. And even if they tell you “we will release sooner if you speak” this is merely but a lie. And as they say, “If words are silver, silence is Gold”.
- Always think about situation in accordance with the shareeah. You can never harm a muslim no matter what situation you’re in. And talking not only harms you, but the one you talk about aswell, and because of the words you say, a person can get locked up for years. Would you ever wish that for yourself?
- A great example is Asmaa’ Bint Abi Bakr (rathiallaahu ‘anha). When the Prophet (salla Allaahu alayhi wa-sallam) and Abu Bakr (rathiallaahu ‘anhu) were hiding in the cave, Quraysh started searching for them and Abu Jahl knocked on the door, of Asmaa’ and she opened the door. When he (Abu Jahl) asked her about her father she said: “I DONT KNOW” Abu Jahl slapped her across the face so hard that her earring broke. She was a young girl, facing the fir’aun of her time!! But she still remained steadfast. Who is worse than him?? Shouldn’t we remain steadfast in front of the cowards of our time who fear young boys and lock them up? Just remember the words of Asmaa’ “I DONT KNOW”
- NEVER sign any paper! If you sign anything they will use it against you and other Muslims.
- NEVER believe what they say! They lie about everything, and they will play you up against you’re muslim brothers and sisters. And they will try to feed you lies and tell you they (your brother or sister) said this and this, and just remember this is a part of their game.
- You have a right to get a lawyer, and he/she has to be there when they interrogate you, they can’t interrogate you without a lawyer present. But even if you have a lawyer, don’t trust him/her too much if they are kuffar, deep down a kaffir is never on your side and they hate you because of your deen.
- They will accuse you of something big at first, but they know you are innocent, it’s just a technique they use to stress you out and normally you will defend yourself, and most people fall into their trap and start to give out details and this is the exact details they wanted to know. Do not give them any information. If you do that, they will keep you for hours to get more.
- If they break into your house, they will most likely do it very early in the morning and in a very noisy way so they can scare you and the neighbors and make people think you are something big, to show the world look we caught a “big fish”.
- If anything happens to you, remember Allaah much and make du’aa nonstop. Remember the story about the Sahaabi that was stopped by a thief that wanted to kill him. So the Sahaabi said, let me pray 4 raka’at before you kill me. And he made the du’aa:
Yaa thal Arshil majeed
Yaa Fa’aalun limaa tureed
As’aluka Bi’Izzikal lathee laa yuraam
Wa Bimulkikal lathee laa yudaam
Wa Binoorikal lathee mala’a Arkaana Arshik
An takfeene (and mention the matter that you need help with)
Yaa Mugheeth Aghithnee (3 times)
- We also have the example of Khubaib bin Adiy (rathiallaahu ‘anhu) who fell into the hands of the Polytheists who escorted him from the Sacred Masjid-ul-Haram to kill him. He said to them, “Let me pray two raka’ahs.” When he finished he said to them, “If it were not that you were to think that I am afraid of death, I would have lengthened my prayer.” He became the first to establish the tradition of praying two raka’ahs before execution. He then said, “O Allaah! Count them one by one! Kill them one by one! And let there not remain a single one from them alive!”
- He then said, “As long as I am killed as a Muslim for the Sake of Allah, I do not care on what side I fall. All this is for the sake of Allaah: if He wishes, He will bless me with the reunion of the torn pieces of my body.” He was then finally killed by Uqbah bin Al-Harith.
- If Allaah decides prison for you, it is you’re Qadr, and it cannot pass you by. Be patient and wait for the reward. And remember everything in this duniya is temporary, everything has its end.
- Don’t fear the kuffaar. Its one of shaitaans tricks to get you to fear his awliyaa’. Remember the ayah: “Qul lan yuseebanaa Illaa maa kataballaahu lanaa, huwa Mawlanaa, Wa Ala Allaahi Falyatawakkalil Mutawakkiloon”
- As long as your emaan is strong then everything else does not matter. Remember what Nusaybah Bin Ka’b said: “Laa Ubaali Maa Asaabani Min Ad-Dunyaa”
- A special note for the sisters: they want to interrogate sisters because they know they are emotionally affected and easier to get information out of if and they will threaten them (the sisters) so be prepared for this. They will look for the sisters weak spots and keep pushing you until you fall into their trap.
- And remember what tests are for, one of the reasons is that it distinguishes the munafiqeen from the truthful believers who are willing to go all the way for this deen,even if they have to sacrifice.
- While you’re still free start memorizing the Qur’aan, because you will need it in there as sometimes they don’t even allow you to have a mushaf.
- Learn the rules of how you make ijmaa’ in your salaah and tayammum etc as you will most probably need this.
- Never trust people in you cell because usually it’s full of spies which they the kuffar planted in there for you, even in muslim lands so don’t trust other cell mates to avoid their traps.
- They will threaten you and be prepared for this - one example of how they threaten you, is what happened to a brother. He refused to speak with them, so they said we will get your sister and rape her. He told them to go get her. They went and got her, and put her in the room next to him so he could hear her. They started beating her and she started screaming, to make him think they were raping her. They let her go when they realised it didn’t have any affect on him. So just have full tawakkul. And He subhanahu wa ta’aala will provide a way out for you from every difficulty.
- Dont say anything you don’t want others like the kuffar to hear on the phone, msn or through emails, they save everything and track it down. Learn from the mistakes of others and avoid them. There is no reason to commit a mistake that can prevent you from helping muslims in need. A kaafir lawyer once said, don’t say or type anything you don’t want to see again.
Finally, I pray that you and I learn something from this, and I request that you all help by spreading this short article, since it can help someone avoid committing a mistake that could cost someone years in prison. Please spread on other forums and forward as emails
I ask Allaah to make us from those who act upon what we know and spread it to others, and may Allaah protect us from the plots of the kuffar, and hasten the release of our imprisoned brothers and sisters worldwide.
Dont forget me from your sincere du’aa
Was-salaamu ‘Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu