PDA

View Full Version : What do you do if you get arrested, or interrogated??



- Qatada -
06-08-2006, 11:01 AM
:salamext:


I got this from another forum, but its kinda important insha'Allaah.


-------------------------------------

What do you do if you get arrested, or interrogated??



As-Salaamu ’Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu


My dear brothers and sisters in Islaam


I have something important to share with you and I ask Allaah to assist me, and to let this short article benefit us all since this is an important topic that we all need to be aware off because of the situation we live in today. Muslims are getting detained each day and each day we see more arrests worldwide.



It can happen to any of us and our only crime most of the time is that we look like muslims and hold tight onto our deen. But there is some important information we need to be aware of in regards to this issue in order to safeguard ourselves and the ummah from the plots of the kuffar.


They (the kuffar) don’t care whether you’re a male or female, nothing prevents them, gender, age or anything else for that matter. If you’re a “threat” in their eyes, this alone is a good enough reason for them.


It is very important that we are prepared for this before it happens to us, so you can survive the arrest and interrogation without causing any trouble for yourself, or any other muslim(s) they are questioning you about.


We should expect this to happen to us and prepare for it, since it is part of this long journey of haqq. And we should not act like the munafiqeen, who agree with the enemy whilst on this path as long as they don’t have to sacrifice anything for the deen.

What will follow is some important notes I have written for us all, from your sister in Islaam whose brother has been imprisoned by the tawagheet.


Some important notes to remember:


- Don’t say anything! Remember war is deception. Don’t give them any information and the only thing you should say is. I DONT KNOW. I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING. I NEVER SAW ANYTHING. You have a right to remain silent, and they can never force you to speak. And even if they tell you “we will release sooner if you speak” this is merely but a lie. And as they say, “If words are silver, silence is Gold”.

- Always think about situation in accordance with the shareeah. You can never harm a muslim no matter what situation you’re in. And talking not only harms you, but the one you talk about aswell, and because of the words you say, a person can get locked up for years. Would you ever wish that for yourself?

- A great example is Asmaa’ Bint Abi Bakr (rathiallaahu ‘anha). When the Prophet (salla Allaahu alayhi wa-sallam) and Abu Bakr (rathiallaahu ‘anhu) were hiding in the cave, Quraysh started searching for them and Abu Jahl knocked on the door, of Asmaa’ and she opened the door. When he (Abu Jahl) asked her about her father she said: “I DONT KNOW” Abu Jahl slapped her across the face so hard that her earring broke. She was a young girl, facing the fir’aun of her time!! But she still remained steadfast. Who is worse than him?? Shouldn’t we remain steadfast in front of the cowards of our time who fear young boys and lock them up? Just remember the words of Asmaa’ “I DONT KNOW”

- NEVER sign any paper! If you sign anything they will use it against you and other Muslims.

- NEVER believe what they say! They lie about everything, and they will play you up against you’re muslim brothers and sisters. And they will try to feed you lies and tell you they (your brother or sister) said this and this, and just remember this is a part of their game.

- You have a right to get a lawyer, and he/she has to be there when they interrogate you, they can’t interrogate you without a lawyer present. But even if you have a lawyer, don’t trust him/her too much if they are kuffar, deep down a kaffir is never on your side and they hate you because of your deen.

- They will accuse you of something big at first, but they know you are innocent, it’s just a technique they use to stress you out and normally you will defend yourself, and most people fall into their trap and start to give out details and this is the exact details they wanted to know. Do not give them any information. If you do that, they will keep you for hours to get more.

- If they break into your house, they will most likely do it very early in the morning and in a very noisy way so they can scare you and the neighbors and make people think you are something big, to show the world look we caught a “big fish”.

- If anything happens to you, remember Allaah much and make du’aa nonstop. Remember the story about the Sahaabi that was stopped by a thief that wanted to kill him. So the Sahaabi said, let me pray 4 raka’at before you kill me. And he made the du’aa:



Yaa Wadood



Yaa thal Arshil majeed



Yaa Fa’aalun limaa tureed



As’aluka Bi’Izzikal lathee laa yuraam



Wa Bimulkikal lathee laa yudaam



Wa Binoorikal lathee mala’a Arkaana Arshik



An takfeene (and mention the matter that you need help with)


Yaa Mugheeth Aghithnee (3 times)

- We also have the example of Khubaib bin Adiy (rathiallaahu ‘anhu) who fell into the hands of the Polytheists who escorted him from the Sacred Masjid-ul-Haram to kill him. He said to them, “Let me pray two raka’ahs.” When he finished he said to them, “If it were not that you were to think that I am afraid of death, I would have lengthened my prayer.” He became the first to establish the tradition of praying two raka’ahs before execution. He then said, “O Allaah! Count them one by one! Kill them one by one! And let there not remain a single one from them alive!”

- He then said, “As long as I am killed as a Muslim for the Sake of Allah, I do not care on what side I fall. All this is for the sake of Allaah: if He wishes, He will bless me with the reunion of the torn pieces of my body.” He was then finally killed by Uqbah bin Al-Harith.

- If Allaah decides prison for you, it is you’re Qadr, and it cannot pass you by. Be patient and wait for the reward. And remember everything in this duniya is temporary, everything has its end.

- Don’t fear the kuffaar. Its one of shaitaans tricks to get you to fear his awliyaa’. Remember the ayah: “Qul lan yuseebanaa Illaa maa kataballaahu lanaa, huwa Mawlanaa, Wa Ala Allaahi Falyatawakkalil Mutawakkiloon”

- As long as your emaan is strong then everything else does not matter. Remember what Nusaybah Bin Ka’b said: “Laa Ubaali Maa Asaabani Min Ad-Dunyaa”

- A special note for the sisters: they want to interrogate sisters because they know they are emotionally affected and easier to get information out of if and they will threaten them (the sisters) so be prepared for this. They will look for the sisters weak spots and keep pushing you until you fall into their trap.

- And remember what tests are for, one of the reasons is that it distinguishes the munafiqeen from the truthful believers who are willing to go all the way for this deen,even if they have to sacrifice.

- While you’re still free start memorizing the Qur’aan, because you will need it in there as sometimes they don’t even allow you to have a mushaf.

- Learn the rules of how you make ijmaa’ in your salaah and tayammum etc as you will most probably need this.

- Never trust people in you cell because usually it’s full of spies which they the kuffar planted in there for you, even in muslim lands so don’t trust other cell mates to avoid their traps.

- They will threaten you and be prepared for this - one example of how they threaten you, is what happened to a brother. He refused to speak with them, so they said we will get your sister and rape her. He told them to go get her. They went and got her, and put her in the room next to him so he could hear her. They started beating her and she started screaming, to make him think they were raping her. They let her go when they realised it didn’t have any affect on him. So just have full tawakkul. And He subhanahu wa ta’aala will provide a way out for you from every difficulty.

- Dont say anything you don’t want others like the kuffar to hear on the phone, msn or through emails, they save everything and track it down. Learn from the mistakes of others and avoid them. There is no reason to commit a mistake that can prevent you from helping muslims in need. A kaafir lawyer once said, don’t say or type anything you don’t want to see again.


Finally, I pray that you and I learn something from this, and I request that you all help by spreading this short article, since it can help someone avoid committing a mistake that could cost someone years in prison. Please spread on other forums and forward as emails

I ask Allaah to make us from those who act upon what we know and spread it to others, and may Allaah protect us from the plots of the kuffar, and hasten the release of our imprisoned brothers and sisters worldwide.


Dont forget me from your sincere du’aa

Jazaakumullaahu khairan


Was-salaamu ‘Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuhu

Author: Anonymous
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-08-2006, 11:19 AM
:sl:

Good article it'll be useful.
Reply

Panatella
06-09-2006, 05:17 AM
Paranoia.
Reply

Malaikah
06-09-2006, 05:31 AM
:sl:

^^ Ditto.

This is of course, assuming the person is innocent, right?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
ACC
06-09-2006, 04:24 PM
So basically, non-muslims lie a lot and want to deceive. Very enlightening.

A better theory is to just be honest.
Reply

Ghazi
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Panatella
Paranoia.
:sl:

Really I hope this doesn't happen to you, I'm sure all the people who got arrested never ever thought this could happen to them.
Reply

j4763
06-09-2006, 04:40 PM
What do you do if you get arrested... Tell the truth, if your not, then its obvious that you’re up to no good.
Reply

Ghazi
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
:sl:

^The kufar just want to scare the public into thinking theres possable threath heading their way, so they get a few raids going get everyone all worked up, and guess what a state of fear has been reached, I guess it makes it easier to pass any bill regarding terrorism or anything in that nature.
Reply

HeiGou
06-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
^The kufar just want to scare the public into thinking theres possable threath heading their way, so they get a few raids going get everyone all worked up, and guess what a state of fear has been reached, I guess it makes it easier to pass any bill regarding terrorism or anything in that nature.
I hate to break it to you but there is a very real threat heading my way. The police are not carrying out enough raids if you ask me. Does that mean I am scared? I suppose it does, but am I justified in being scared? Well the fact that some people want to blow up Canadian targets is the straw that broke the camel's back (if you will forgive the expression). Cuddy friendly Canada? The country that did not side with Bush, did not take part in the Iraq War and even offered political asylum to American deserters? Clearly there are people out there who hate. And hate people like me not for what we might have done, but for who we are and what we believe. I'd support any Bill on terrorism right now because look at this thread! It is basically taken from a Terror manual - why wouldn't a sensible person, of any religion, just tell the police the truth? Why encourage them to lie to the police? I have been told on this website any number of times those terrorists are not good Muslims. If so why not draw a line between the posters here and those killers? Why give those killers tips to avoiding prosecution?

This is scary stuff, quite frankly. And it is a problem that needs to be solved.
Reply

ACC
06-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

^The kufar just want to scare the public into thinking theres possable threath heading their way, so they get a few raids going get everyone all worked up, and guess what a state of fear has been reached, I guess it makes it easier to pass any bill regarding terrorism or anything in that nature.

As I said earlier, non-muslims are pretty much all liars and deceivers, right?
Reply

Abdul Fattah
06-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Deosn't thisl depends on what kind of information they are trying to get from you? Should we try to obstruct interofation when they are trying to stop a terrorist attack? Aren't we in a way an acomplishment to those act by alowing them to happen?

And something else I'd like to add. Saying: "I don't know" while you do know is a lie. It's better to say: "no comment" or: "I wish to remain silent" when you don't want to share something. Of course they'll know then that you do know something, but they'll also now that your determined not to tell them and that you are not intimidated (you're taking a stand).

And when they are nice to you, and respect your rights, but are just doing a routine check; then be nice to them to. Afteral, they are doing there job.
Reply

Woodrow
06-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Asalaama Alaikum,

Quite interesting. But keep in mind, an arrest is not always because the person is Muslim. Before I reverted, I got arrested a few times (my big mouth) Actually it reached a point were I really felt I was singled out and being harassed. Each time (One exception) I spent the night in Jail. Went before the JP in the morning, pleaded not guilty, released and then get a letter saying that no charges would be pursued and the case was dropped. The one time I was guilty (my big mouth) I was quite arrogant, spent a week in jail because I refused to see the judge without an attorney and I was not going to pay for an attorney. Finaly got a court appointed attorney. Got into quite a hassle. Learned the hard way it does not pay to be uncooperative. Turned out I would have been out if I had immediatly pleaded quilty and paid the $200 fine. My big mouth kept me in jail for a week.

My lesson, the OP made some very good suggestions in the first post.
Reply

ACC
06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Asalaama Alaikum,

Quite interesting. But keep in mind, an arrest is not always because the person is Muslim. Before I reverted, I got arrested a few times (my big mouth) Actually it reached a point were I really felt I was singled out and being harassed. Each time (One exception) I spent the night in Jail. Went before the JP in the morning, pleaded not guilty, released and then get a letter saying that no charges would be pursued and the case was dropped. The one time I was guilty (my big mouth) I was quite arrogant, spent a week in jail because I refused to see the judge without an attorney and I was not going to pay for an attorney. Finaly got a court appointed attorney. Got into quite a hassle. Learned the hard way it does not pay to be uncooperative. Turned out I would have been out if I had immediatly pleaded quilty and paid the $200 fine. My big mouth kept me in jail for a week.

My lesson, the OP made some very good suggestions in the first post.
You say you were born in Conn, but it sounds like you do have some Texan in you after all.
Reply

HeiGou
06-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Learned the hard way it does not pay to be uncooperative. Turned out I would have been out if I had immediatly pleaded quilty and paid the $200 fine. My big mouth kept me in jail for a week.

My lesson, the OP made some very good suggestions in the first post.
So how do you reconcile your lesson in that first bit with your claim in the second? The OP advocated lying, being unco-operative, clamming up, and lying some more. How long do you think that would have got you in the pokey?

Call me old fashioned, but if someone advsies everyone to keep silent in all circumstances, it suggest to me that they are on the wrong side in the fight against terrorism.
Reply

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Bro Fi_Sabilillah AsalamuAlaykum,

jazakhala for your post very beneficial indeed! Just wanted to ask you if you could translate the arabic in your post...if possible.

WalaykumSalaam.
Reply

SirZubair
06-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Panatella
Paranoia.
TOO TRUE.

I've been interrogated many times by Airport Customs,..what have i done?

SMILE at them,Talk to them nicely. (remember,your actions/behavior are a form of Dawah)

At the end of the day,they are doing their job.They have families to feed.If you were in their shoes,you would do the same thing.

So accept and respect the law,it is a law that doesnt go against our religon either,so i dont see why people are complaining.

Dont complain unless you have a very good reason to complain.

Otherwise allah s.w.t will truly give us something to complain about.

Trust me,you dont want that.

Wa'salaam

-Zubair
Reply

Halima
06-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by Panatella
Paranoia.

You might call this paranoia, but when you get arrested one day it'll be too late! Some muslims changing their names just because they are apart of this so-called terrorist.

Muslim entrepreneurs hanging up a cross with Jesus Christ in their office just to make the public think they are not terrorist. This is what I call a pathetic situation brothers and sisters.

This is the real test from Allah(swt) to see if you will stand your ground or you will denounce your religion just becuase of the other people.


Think to yourself, are you really being paranoid because of what the police will do..or because you don't want to go to hell?
Reply

HeiGou
06-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Halima
You might call this paranoia, but when you get arrested one day it'll be too late! Some muslims changing their names just because they are apart of this so-called terrorist.
I may get blown up one day too. It will definitely be too late then. Which do you think is more likely?

Muslim entrepreneurs hanging up a cross with Jesus Christ in their office just to make the public think they are not terrorist. This is what I call a pathetic situation brothers and sisters.
Indeed it is pathetic. But if Muslims do not make it clear that these acts are un-Islamic - not merely by saying they are un-Islamic, but by word and deed - people will go on assuming they are Islamic. What has the Muslim response been to the last raids in London? Threats, complaints, demands, refusal to co-operate and from the majority, silence. What has the Muslim response to the Canadian raids been? Actually much better. See this

http://www.islamonline.net/English/N...06/06/01.shtml

But still, everyone knew, apparently, that the mosque was used to preach violence. Did any other members of the mosque complain? Report it to the police? It appears not.

This is the real test from Allah(swt) to see if you will stand your ground or you will denounce your religion just becuase of the other people.

Think to yourself, are you really being paranoid because of what the police will so..or because you don't want to go to hell?
Indeed it is a real test. To see if people will stand their ground and defend their religion - if indeed it is being made to look bad by terrorists. To see if Muslims can be equal citizens in the West or if the Sharon plan is the only solution.
Reply

Panatella
06-10-2006, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Halima
You might call this paranoia, but when you get arrested one day it'll be too late! Some muslims changing their names just because they are apart of this so-called terrorist.

Muslim entrepreneurs hanging up a cross with Jesus Christ in their office just to make the public think they are not terrorist. This is what I call a pathetic situation brothers and sisters.

This is the real test from Allah(swt) to see if you will stand your ground or you will denounce your religion just becuase of the other people.


Think to yourself, are you really being paranoid because of what the police will do..or because you don't want to go to hell?
I have been arrested before. A few times in fact. Each time, behaving as the first post suggests got me arrested in the first place, or in more of a hassle after being arrested. Bad Advice. Co-operate if you have nothing to hide. If you are truly a good muslim you should have nothing to hide. You will be home in time for supper. (I stay out of trouble these days. No more arrests. :) )
People get arrested every day that are not muslims. The police carry out investigatations, and bring people in for questioning. It is how the job is done. It matters very little if you are muslim, christian, or jedi. If you don't co-operate, you are digging yourself a hole. Believe me, take my word. If you have nothing to hide, then co-operate. It is better advice than what you have been given.
Reply

Trumble
06-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Panatella
If you don't co-operate, you are digging yourself a hole. Believe me, take my word. If you have nothing to hide, then co-operate. It is better advice than what you have been given.
Absolutely. The 'advice' quoted in the first post, despite the window dressing, seems to be for the guilty. If you have nothing to hide there is no reason not to co-operate fully, whether you have been arrested on suspicion of terrorism or any 'ordinary' crime.

The best way to avoid such "arrests and interrogations" is the same for both muslim and non-muslim alike - stay out of trouble in the first place!
Reply

Woodrow
06-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by ACC
You say you were born in Conn, but it sounds like you do have some Texan in you after all.
This is my third time as a Texas, resident. First time was for one year, second time was for 8 years this time I've been here for 17 years so far. so I guess after spending a Total of 26 years in Texas, probably have picked up a few Texas habits.

Now, the reference to the OP, I did say I felt some of the advice I should have followed. And I did learn that if the same circumstances ever happen again, they are a better choice then mouthing off like I did. I don't agree with all the OP, but it does contain some valid suggestions.

To be exact, I should have followed this part:

Don’t say anything! Remember war is deception. Don’t give them any information and the only thing you should say is. I DONT KNOW. I NEVER HEARD ANYTHING. I NEVER SAW ANYTHING. You have a right to remain silent, and they can never force you to speak. And even if they tell you “we will release sooner if you speak” this is merely but a lie. And as they say, “If words are silver, silence is Gold”.

- Always think about situation in accordance with the shareeah. You can never harm a muslim no matter what situation you’re in. And talking not only harms you, but the one you talk about aswell, and because of the words you say, a person can get locked up for years. Would you ever wish that for yourself?

Believe me it is much better to keep quiet then to answer in anger.
Reply

HeatherBud
06-11-2006, 02:43 AM
Telling the truth while being interrogated never got me anywhere. The more I told the truth, the more they assaulted me. :? Punished regardless. :uhwhat They accused of being a part of the Trade Tower attack and the Bali Bombings..

I was sexually assaulted by Police and my dogs murdered...lost everything I had. Even once found innocent, the harrassment continued. You cannot win with honesty...or least, I never have but I shall try not to become like them.

My advice - try stay calm. I failed by reacting with abuse. :grumbling

Every few years they drag me off for another assault session [MAD][/MAD] but next time, I shall do my best NOT to speak at all. :X

I would rather be dead than sexually assaulted and bashed by interrogation thugs. :heated:

But I keep my chin up and plod on best I can. I keep rebuilding by life and they keep taking it away. I understand oppression and am determined to keep walking forwards with my life journey. Still in recovery from the last attack but still got my sense of humor. ;D :hiding: :happy:
Reply

Panatella
06-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Originally Posted by HeatherBud
Telling the truth while being interrogated never got me anywhere. The more I told the truth, the more they assaulted me. :? Punished regardless. :uhwhat They accused of being a part of the Trade Tower attack and the Bali Bombings..

I was sexually assaulted by Police and my dogs murdered...lost everything I had. Even once found innocent, the harrassment continued. You cannot win with honesty...or least, I never have but I shall try not to become like them.

My advice - try stay calm. I failed by reacting with abuse. :grumbling

Every few years they drag me off for another assault session [MAD][/MAD] but next time, I shall do my best NOT to speak at all. :X

I would rather be dead than sexually assaulted and bashed by interrogation thugs. :heated:

But I keep my chin up and plod on best I can. I keep rebuilding by life and they keep taking it away. I understand oppression and am determined to keep walking forwards with my life journey. Still in recovery from the last attack but still got my sense of humor. ;D :hiding: :happy:
It is indeed sad to hear of the poor treatment you describe. It seems to me your situation is isolated, and something you may or may not be aware of, raised a red flag on your name. This does not happen to many people. For most people, co-operating would make the experience as quick and painless as possible.
Reply

HeatherBud
06-12-2006, 03:00 AM
In my experience and travels - some get more harrassed than others. Sometimes those that interrogate, Want to be Right!
Reply

- Qatada -
04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
:salamext:


bump
Reply

lyesh
04-02-2007, 11:31 AM
:sl:
masha Allah good article!
jazakAllah khair!
Reply

noodles
04-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Good bump indeed ;D

As far as Interrogation go, I do think that in some cases the police are 'looking' for people to blame. What better way to calm the public than to say they've got a suspect? [Say another 9/11 bombing took place in your vicinity, and you are a suspect(and for no reason at all), as a result they take you into custody and interrogate you. Despite all the answers you give they are still not happy and resort to lying as means of "making" you say something you didn't do] In those definite cases, they bring up things that have no relation to why they were arrested in the first place.

Imagine the outrage the community would be in if they started having raids in on the church because of suspected terrorist activity. (I'm not accusing anyone here, I'm just saying it as a possibility) Furthermore, if they started raids on people's houses (One that did go to church) As a result you can be sure that everyone is going to be on their edge and anything they say or do can be used against them.

For me, I'd be more than happy to comply and answer their questions, but the minute they start act presumptuous, I'm all for the shutting down mode.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 07:26 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 06:57 AM
  4. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
  5. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 08:50 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!