/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim Friends

muslim_friend
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
:sl:

My best friend is a Hindu. Should i break my relations with him? I've known him since i was 6 years old.

Ever since i got 'into' Islam about 2-3 months back, i've sorta developed a disgust for the the non muslim's beliefs. And this is increasing everyday.I don't hate the kaafir, the least i would do is feel pity for him. But i find it absurd to be a friend to someone who has betrayed our Master.

I thought of the idea of being in touch with him so that i can try and convert him to Islam, but can this be called hypocrisy?

What should I do now? I haven't met him in a long time, and he sends text messages to me via phone.. should i keep replying? I need some sound advice.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-08-2006, 02:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim_friend

My best friend is a Hindu. Should i break my relations with him? I've known him since i was 6 years old.

Ever since i got 'into' Islam about 2-3 months back, i've sorta developed a disgust for the the non muslim's beliefs. And this is increasing everyday.I don't hate the kaafir, the least i would do is feel pity for him. But i find it absurd to be a friend to someone who has betrayed our Master.

I thought of the idea of being in touch with him so that i can try and convert him to Islam, but can this be called hypocrisy?

What should I do now? I haven't met him in a long time, and he sends text messages to me via phone.. should i keep replying? I need some sound advice.

I am not a Muslim, so my reply may be of limited use to you. But I am sure Muslims brothers and sisters will join this thread to give you their advice.

My response would be this:

If it's not long since you 'got into Islam', this may be your time for adjusting to your new faith. Part of that adjustment may be suddenly realising how different other people are (or perhaps, how different you are now? :? )
Things will spring out at you, which you now find wrong or even 'disgusting', which you have never minded or even noticed before!
That's probably a good thing, because God is working in you, and changing you.

However, when I get these feelings of what I would call 'self-righteousness' (i.e. feeling that I am better than others), I personally take that as a sign that I need to step back and humble myself before God.
As a Christian I believe that I am no better than the next person, and that I fall short of God's commands as much as my neighbour.
I don't know what Islam says about this, but I believe that as a human being I have no right to judge others. They are as much part of God's creation as I am - and I do not know what God's plans are for any of us!

So my advice would be, not to burn your bridges with your friend, but to remain friends and share your faith with him - providing he is willing.

I should also say ( and this may sound like a contradiction), that there is a place for surrounding yourself with fellow believers and choosing friends within your own faith.
This may be especially the case if you are new to your faith and need guidance and support.
But I would not go as far as advising you to break all contact with non-Muslims.

Perhaps this helps. Wait and see what others recommend!

Peace! :thankyou:

Ayesha Rana
06-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Yes Glo is right bro. Islam does not forbid being friends with non-muslims, it only forbids us from taking them as friends and protectors over muslims. Consider this: before you were a muslim what were you like? Did you follow your old religion knowing that you were betraying your Maker? Perhaps your Hindu friend is unaware of his wrongs as you once were. I think you should remain friends with him. Since he is your friend and has not yet received guidance it is up to you to show him the straight path. Teach him what Islam is really about. It does not encourage breaking ties so think of it as an opportunity to guide your friend. If you care for him then try and get him into Jannah Insha'Allah. May Allah help you.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 03:04 PM
If you continue to be friends with him then you may have a good influence on him. However you should not hold him as a best friend, and make sure that any unislamic mannerisms don't rub off on you.
This is my opinion, may Allah forgive me if I have said anything incorrect.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
06-08-2006, 03:06 PM

Is this an extremist's view?

Did Allah not create all? Who are you to say he has betrayed the master, when we were all created, and do as is the will of God!!

Mohsin
06-08-2006, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Is this an extremist's view?

Did Allah not create all? Who are you to say he has betrayed the master, when we were all created, and do as is the will of God!!

I see what your saying bro and in part i agree with you. But i understand the bro's point. before i started practising i used to have many non-muslims friends, and still do, i just don't chill with them like i used to

Basically when i started practising i wanted to stop swearing, stop talking about girls saying how fit they are as i felt it was wrong to lower the status of women to just sexual attractions, also i wanted to stop backbiting. When i was in a mosque or around pious muslims friends it was easier for me to avoid doing this, but as soon as i got around my non-muslims friends i started talking about these issues again. It was the wrong environment. To my non-muslim friends that kinda talk is perfectly normal, but to me constantly backbiting about someone as a joke, or making fun of someone even though he doesn't like it, or continually staring at a girl just ebcause she's pretty is immoral, and i felt i needed to change my company. i still see them and try and give them da'wah (invitation to islam) whenever i play football with them, but even there there is continual swearing and cheating which i don't like

I'll give you an example og how i feel on swearing. i used to swear all the time. Wouldn't care where or who in front of. Then gradually i realised i shouldn't in front of my younger bros and sisters. It would be extremely hard for me to refrain from swearing in front of them. Then gradually i wanted to stop swearing completely. It was hard, and eachj time i had a slip i would feel extremely guilty, so it went from not wanting to swear because it was against my religion, to not wanting to swear because it was wrong. Now today i feel uneasy even if i hear others swear such is my dislike for swearing, and in non-muslim environments they don't usually see it as a problem

Muslim friend. There is nothing wrong with beng friends with him, as long as it doesn't deter you from your deen. For example a lot of times muslims stop practising in front of their friends. they'll go cinema or something or go park and will feel embarressed to stop and pray. In such instances you should refrain from hanging around with them. But ideally you should go with them and stop and pray infront of them and gently give them da'wah

AvarAllahNoor
06-08-2006, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin

Muslim friend. There is nothing wrong with beng friends with him, as long as it doesn't deter you from your deen. For example a lot of times muslims stop practising in front of their friends. they'll go cinema or something or go park and will feel embarressed to stop and pray. In such instances you should refrain from hanging around with them. But ideally you should go with them and stop and pray infront of them and gently give them da'wah
That makes sense, if i too had friends who were a bad unfluence i would not retain that same bond.

I didn't agree to the way he said his friend had 'betrayed the master' :rant: :)

muslim_friend
06-08-2006, 04:21 PM

no..no.. i'm not a convert. That's why i put the 'into' within quotes.. what i meant was.. 2-3 months ago i wasn't a good muslim but i changed later and started praying etc.. Alhumdulillah. LOL. Sorry for making everyone misunderstand.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
Yes Glo is right bro. Islam does not forbid being friends with non-muslims, it only forbids us from taking them as friends and protectors over muslims.
I hope you are right. it wil be difficult to break away from someone whom i have shared the best moments of my life with. i didn't understand what you meant by 'friends and protectors'?

I think you should remain friends with him. Since he is your friend and has not yet received guidance it is up to you to show him the straight path. Teach him what Islam is really about. It does not encourage breaking ties so think of it as an opportunity to guide your friend. If you care for him then try and get him into Jannah Insha'Allah. May Allah help you.
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
If you continue to be friends with him then you may have a good influence on him. However you should not hold him as a best friend, and make sure that any unislamic mannerisms don't rub off on you.
Well, what i am worried about is hypocrisy.What you are telling me, is to befriend him so that i can show him islam.. but whenever i would get to meet him, he will not know that my true intentions would only be to convert him to islam.he will expect me to be the same good ol' friend, so.. that would make me feel bad. a smile on my face before i convey the message to him, and a frown on my face if he happens to reject it. what u think about this?

Or perhaps, before i try doing daawah to him, i should tell him that my intention is to try and convert him to Islam?

JazakAllah for the replies. thanks for ur effort. but waiting for more answers.

muslim_friend
06-08-2006, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
Just saw ur post. Thanks bro, good advice.But if i may ask, is it possible to prove ur point from Qur'an and sunnah? i hope i'm not asking too much.

muslim_friend
06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I didn't agree to the way he said his friend had 'betrayed the master' :rant: :)
But i'm just being realistic. To me, the truth behind things is far more important that what i would desire it to be.

yasin
06-08-2006, 10:03 PM

Does Islam not preach understanding and acceptance?

Would our prophet give up his friends because they arent Muslims?

That should answer your question :)

Pk_#2
06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

If problems arise between you and your non-Muslim friend you don't run away but solve the problems you are having :)

Also as a practicing Muslim now...it is your job to give da'wah...invite him to Islam if he is willing to listen to you inshaAllah and that is the best thing for you now...

Don't get yourself into a position where you think you are better than him...

And Allahu Alum (Allah knows best)

WalaykumSalaam.

AvarAllahNoor
06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin
Does Islam not preach understanding and acceptance?

Would our prophet give up his friends because they arent Muslims?

That should answer your question :)
That's the point i was making.

chacha_jalebi
06-08-2006, 11:06 PM
salaam

bro u sudnt develop a disgust lol, it says in many hadiths that dont cuss sum1 religion or have hatred towards it, because they will do the same for to ur religion!!! :D

ISLAM MEANS PEACE!!

brother i have a few non muslim mateys :D & i think of them as normal mateys, obviosly a bond with a muslim matey is different, like i wud drink from the same bottle that a muslim has used but wudnt do it, with a non muslim :D because theres a bond innit, but islam dont permit us 2 b racist or not 2 hav friends dat r non muslim, we r encouraged to keep them. also bro set d best example u can of bein a muslim cos maybe inshallah ur friend will like sumthing about islam and he may decide to convert inshallah!!

but :p that doesnt mean that u constantly try 2 convert him lol, jus be his friend as you were before & me kinda agrees with not keepin him as a best friend, because this may come in the way of ur islamic duties i.e imagine u wana go n pray Jummah in a mosque & hes wit u, you wont be able 2 do that,

also 1 important we are all Allah (swt) creations! he created us all, so we cant be bad 2 his creation :D

inshallah Allah (swt) will help ya :D

Pk_#2
06-08-2006, 11:08 PM
we all bruvas and siters init chacha!!!!!!!

BIG HUG!!!!!!!! :rollseyes :X :hiding:

Mohsin
06-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Just saw ur post. Thanks bro, good advice.But if i may ask, is it possible to prove ur point from Qur'an and sunnah? i hope i'm not asking too much.

bro what exactly from my text would need clarification from Qur'an and Sunnah. All i've simply said akhi is there's nothing wrong with continuing to be their friend as long as they don't deter you from your deen. Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say you can't befriend non-muslims. it says don't take them as protectors over you meaning don't be such close friends that your deen is comprimised.

Now you ask about being hypocritical. Well you're not really. Tell me what's the best possible way you can be of a friend to your non-muslim friend, whats the best possible gift you can give him, what will make him most happy upon accepting such a gift. The answer of course is Islam, with a ticket to Jannah. Theres nothing hypocritical about this, you are trying to be a good friend saving him from the hell-fire

Mohsin
06-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I found a really good article for you on islam-online

Question: A Greek Christian friend of mine came to me and said that he wanted a book that guides him to the way a man should live. I handed him a copy of the Qur'an. He took deep interest in reading it until he came across the following verse: [O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma’dah 5: 51)

Reading the verse, he asked "why is that so?" Why is your book telling you that we can't be your friends? Does that mean I can't be your friend? And at his request I am seeking help from you to throw some light on it. I am too confused by this. And if that is so then why does Islam allow us to marry Christian and Jewish girls (despite the fact they might not want to change their religion.) Please reply soon

Answer:In the first place, we would like to stress that Islam urges all Muslims to deal kindly and justly with all people. Muslims should have good relations with all people. At school, at work, in your neighborhood, etc., you should be kind and courteous to everyone. Muslims are allowed to have non-Muslims as friends as long as they keep their own faith and commitment to Islam pure and strong. Allah has clearly forbidden Muslims from fighting those who fight not their faith or drive them out from their homes. Referring to this, [Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong- doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)
In his response to the question, Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, President of the Fiqh Council ofNorth America, states:

The Qur'an does not say that non-Muslims cannot be Muslims' friends, nor does it forbid Muslims to be friendly to non-Muslims. There are many non-Muslims who are good friends of Muslim individuals and the Muslim community. There are also many good Muslims who truly and sincerely observe their faith and are very friendly to many non-Muslims at the same time.

Rest Of Answer

SirZubair
06-09-2006, 09:34 AM

You want his point from the Quran and Sunnah?

Try this :

http://alghazzali.org/resources/articles/friendship.pdf

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

AvarAllahNoor
06-09-2006, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
we are all Allah (swt) creations! he created us all, so we cant be bad 2 his creation :D
Exactly!

aamirsaab
06-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Tis ok to have non-muslim friends. My first friend ever was non-muslim. :)

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 02:54 PM
One of the forms of making friends with the kaafirs which is forbidden is taking them as friends and companions, mixing with them and eating and playing with them.

In the answer to question no. 10342 we have quoted Shaykh Ibn Baaz as saying:

Eating with a kaafir is not haraam if it is necessary to do so, or if that serves some shar’i interest. But they should not be taken as friends, so you should not eat with them for no shar’i reason or for no shar’i purpose. You should not sit and chat with them and laugh with them. But if there is a reason to do so, such as eating with a guest, or to invite them to Islam or to guide them to the truth, or for some other shar’i reason, then it is OK.
The fact that the food of the People of the Book is halaal for us does not mean that we may take them as friends and companions. It does not mean that we may eat and drink with them for no reason and for no shar’i purpose.

Shaykh Muhammad al-Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on mixing with the kuffaar and treating them kindly hoping that they will become Muslim. He replied:

Undoubtedly the Muslim is obliged to hate the enemies of Allaah and to disavow them, because this is the way of the Messengers and their followers. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibraaheem (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: ‘Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allaah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever until you believe in Allaah Alone’”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:4]

“You (O Muhammad) will not find any people who believe in Allaah and the Last Day, making friendship with those who oppose Allaah and His Messenger (Muhammad), even though they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred (people). For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with Rooh (proofs, light and true guidance) from Himself”

[al-Mujaadilah 58:22]

Based on this, it is not permissible for a Muslim to feel any love in his heart towards the enemies of Allaah who are in fact his enemies too. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

But if a Muslim treats them with kindness and gentleness in the hope that they will become Muslim and will believe, there is nothing wrong with that, because it comes under the heading of opening their hearts to Islam. But if he despairs of them becoming Muslim, then he should treat them accordingly. This is something that is discussed in detail by the scholars, especially in the book Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah by Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him).

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 3, question no. 389.

Secondly:

With regard to mixing with the kuffaar, the reason why mixing with the kuffaar is not allowed is not only the fear that one may fall into kufr, rather the main reason for this ruling is their enmity towards Allaah and His Messenger and the believers. Allaah has indicated this reason in the verse where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies (i.e. disbelievers and polytheists) as friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth (i.e. Islamic Monotheism, this Qur’aan, and Muhammad), and have driven out the Messenger (Muhammad) and yourselves (from your homeland) because you believe in Allaah your Lord”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:1]

So how can it be appropriate for a Muslim to keep company with the enemy of Allaah and his enemy, and make friends with him?

How can he be certain that he will not start to think of their ways as good? Many Muslims have fallen into kufr and heresy and have apostatized from Islam because of keeping company with the kuffaar and living in their countries. Some of them have become Jews and some have become Christians, and some have embraced atheistic philosophies.

We ask Allaah to make us steadfast in following His religion.

See also the answer to question no. 2179, which explains the important principle of the prohibition on taking the kuffaar as close friends. It also describes many forms of the kinds of friendship that are forbidden.

In the answer to question no. 43270 you will find the ruling on saying that the morals and manners of the kuffaar are better than those of the Muslims, and there is a quotation from Shaykh Ibn Baaz on the prohibition on saying such a thing.

In the answer to question no. 26118 and 23325 it is stated that it is forbidden to keep company with the kuffaar and make friends with them.

Allaah has forbidden the believers to take the kaafireen (disbelievers) as friends, and He has issued a stern warning against doing that.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Awliyaa’ (friends, protectors, helpers), they are but Awliyaa’ of each other. And if any amongst you takes them (as Awliyaa’), then surely, he is one of them. Verily, Allaah guides not those people who are the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers and unjust)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:51]

Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

In this verse Allaah tells us that whoever takes the Jews and Christians as friends is one of them because of his taking them as friends. Elsewhere Allaah states that taking them as friends incurs the wrath of Allaah and His eternal punishment, and that if the one who takes them as friends was a true believer he would not have taken them as friends. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You see many of them taking the disbelievers as their Awliyaa’ (protectors and helpers). Evil indeed is that which their ownselves have sent forward before them; for that (reason) Allaah’s Wrath fell upon them, and in torment they will abide.

81. And had they believed in Allaah, and in the Prophet (Muhammad) and in what has been revealed to him, never would they have taken them (the disbelievers) as Awliyaa’ (protectors and helpers); but many of them are the Faasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allaah)”

[al-Maa’idah 5:80-81]

Elsewhere Allaah forbids taking them as friends and explains the reason for that, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Take not as friends the people who incurred the Wrath of Allaah (i.e. the Jews). Surely, they have despaired of (receiving any good in) the Hereafter, just as the disbelievers have despaired of those (buried) in graves (that they will not be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection)”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:13]

In another verse Allaah explains that this is so long as they are not taken as friends because of fear or taqiyah (i.e., being friendly with them in order to avoid harm); if that is the case then the one who does that is excused. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Awliyaa’ (supporters, helpers) instead of the believers, and whoever does that, will never be helped by Allaah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:28]

This verse explains all the verses quoted above which forbid taking the kaafirs as friends in general terms. What that refers to is in cases where one has a choice, but in cases of fear and taqiyah it is permissible to make friends with them, as much as is essential to protect oneself against their evil. That is subject to the condition that one’s faith should not be affected by that friendship and the one who is behaves in that manner out of necessity is not one who behaves in that manner out of choice.

It may be understood from the apparent meaning of these verses that the one who deliberately takes the kuffaar as friends by choice and because he likes them, is one of them. End quote.

Adwa’ al-Bayaan, 2/98,99

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

chacha_jalebi
06-09-2006, 03:04 PM
sister what we need to understand is some surahs of the Quran were revealed when a certain event happened, so they were talkin about that particular time & they refer 2 dat particular time!!! i.e surah Maidah was revealed when RasoolAllah (saw) in madinah, when the battle was gona happen & Allah (swt) knew that the jews wud brake the trreaty wit d muslims, dats why he says "dont take as awliyaa or friends" but in islam men can marry a jew or christian, then that means we can certainly take them as friends!!! :D

muslim_friend
06-09-2006, 05:07 PM

I honestly don't know what to say.I'm even more confused now. we had 2 brothers giving evidences from Qur'an that a Muslim can take unbelievers as friends, n then a sister proves the opposite plus quotes Ibn Baz?!!! :confused:

I simply love my friend, we've spent our school years together.His parents are like my parents. But no matter, how hard the truth may be, i'll follow it.. but the correct verdict? that's what i'm looking for.

JazakAllah everyone. May Allah reward you. But i am still dissatisfied. i think i will have to look for this answer seriously. Make dua for me, that Allah s.w.t makes my path easier and makes me stronger in imaan.

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
sister what we need to understand is some surahs of the Quran were revealed when a certain event happened, so they were talkin about that particular time & they refer 2 dat particular time!!! i.e surah Maidah was revealed when RasoolAllah (saw) in madinah, when the battle was gona happen & Allah (swt) knew that the jews wud brake the trreaty wit d muslims, dats why he says "dont take as awliyaa or friends" but in islam men can marry a jew or christian, then that means we can certainly take them as friends!!!
Asalamulaikum brother.

The quotes are not just from one paticular surah they are taken from loads of other surahs.

secondly I havent posted those quotes from my own understanding but from islam q&a which is a highly regarded fatwah site whose knowledge far exceeds our own.

As for "brother" zubair. I noticed u use sunni forum and are a fan of mr hamza yusuf so need I say more.

Muslim friend, ur heart is in the right place n i pray Allah swt rewards u for that. ameen. By all means be kind n polite n friendly but dont take him as ur close friend, and keep ur intention of being friends with him only to giv him dawah.

One thing that u might want to think about is, well firstly the words of Allah swt in the qur'an and also ask ur self by remaining tight friends with him what are u actually gaining that u cannot gain from a muslim brother? When u are both chatting what do u talk about as in what do u even have in common with the guy as both ur lifestyles are completely different. When u go out where do u go, or where can u go that suit ur lifestlye and his also. u can go for a coffee but i dnt think thats what guys do. u cant go to the pub or club or anything.

When I started practicing i found it very difficult to think of anything to say to my friend whose a non practicing christian, we cudnt play pool any more cuz they serve alcohol there, i couldnt spend too long with her cuz i had to keep going back for namaz, she wanted to talk about music n clubbin n how hammered she got n i didnt, we had nothing in common left, we spoke about religion but she was like "to u ur way n me mine" so eventualy our friendship deteriorated but we txt eachother now and then to ask how eachothers doing.

Remember when u giv up something for the sake of Allah swt he grants u better.

If u dnt take heed from fatwas from islam q and a even tho they use hard evidence like quotes from the quran and hadith and the salaf who by the way Allah swt promised were upon right guidence then I can confidently say that many other scholars will tel u the same thing from other sites etc.

I pray Allah swt makes it easy for u and guides u to make the right decision ameen.

Asalamulaikum

Dawud_uk
06-10-2006, 12:38 AM
assalaamu alaykum sir zubair,

you lack adhab, if you consider someone in error then correct them or leave em be. insulting them really is quite uncalled for.

i would advice the original brother who asked the question to try to give this person da'wah, be friendly but not best friends if you see what i mean.

the fatwah site sister nafeesa quoted from is very reliable though you will never find a site or Sheikh you will agree with 100%. islam Q and A uses the authentic sunnah and Quran to answer questions and refers to those with the best understanding of this, the salaf and those who follow in their methodology.

brother, one of the things you need to bare in mind is good manners are also a form of da'wah and some people on here are just not going to be able to teach you that, so stick to good company and not those who go around dropping insults without good cause.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum sir zubair,

you lack adhab, if you consider someone in error then correct them or leave em be. insulting them really is quite uncalled for.
You are correct.

I do lack adhab.I lack adhab as much as alot of people around here lack intellect.

Make dua for me.And i will make dua for them

Wa'salaam.

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
As for "brother" zubair. I noticed u use sunni forum and are a fan of mr hamza yusuf so need I say more.
Why am i a "brother"?

Do you doubt i am a man or do you doubt that i am a muslim?

Anyway,...No,you need not say more than you already have.

I am sorry about my post earlier,i am sorry i called it a 'rubbish fatwa site'. As brother Dawud pointed out,it is a reliable site.

And yes,i use it too,Time to Time,i dont completly depend on it.Keep this in mind,..an apple tree can produce good apples as well as bad apples,just like that,people can make good judgements and bad judgements.

In my opinion,that fatwa is a bad judgement.But thats just me and my opinion.You have the rights to live life according to that fatwa.

A fatwa is Non-binding,it is a human attempt at reaching the divine wisdom of allah swt.

And once again,please accept my apology.My earlier response was very unislamic.

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

Dawud_uk
06-10-2006, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Why am i a "brother"?

Anyway,...No,you need not say more than you already have.

I am sorry about my post earlier,i am sorry i called it a 'rubbish fatwa site'. As brother Dawud pointed out,it is a reliable site.

And yes,i use it too,Time to Time,i dont completly depend on it.Keep this in mind,..an apple tree can produce good apples as well as bad apples,just like that,people can make good judgements and bad judgements.

In my opinion,that fatwa is a bad judgement.But thats just me and my opinion.You have the rights to live life according to that fatwa.

A fatwa is Non-binding,it is a human attempt at reaching the divine wisdom of allah swt.

And once again,please accept my apology.My earlier response was very unislamic.

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

assalaamu alaykum zubair,

it takes a bigger man to admit he is wrong than one who sticks to his guns when he has made a mistake.

when i first reverted i was well rude, yes much worse than now but keeping good company helped me with that. to the original poster - try to get yourself many good muslim friends and the masjid is the best place for that!

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 08:20 AM
May allah swt bless you Akhi.

Wa'salaam.

Daffodil
06-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Asalamulaikum

Im glad we cleared the air.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Why am i a "brother"?

Lol!

SirZubair
06-12-2006, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Lol!
You better be laughing with me ;D :X :giggling:

hassanomar
06-13-2006, 11:37 PM
Remember the best role model the Prophet (pbuh) even he created alliances with Jews and Pagans when he entered Yathrib (Modern day Madina) so make sure you stay friends!!

syilla
05-08-2009, 09:29 AM
*bump

:D (laughing on other unrelated content...ignore me)

Strzelecki
05-08-2009, 09:49 AM
This is a golden daw'ah opportunity. ;)

Snowflake
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
friends are for life.. not just for christmas

I miss my non muslims friends who've moved away :(

glo
05-08-2009, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
friends are for life.. not just for christmas
I'm out of reps, sis, but that comment made me laugh! :giggling:
So true!!

I miss my non muslims friends who've moved away
Are you staying in touch by other means (emails, phone, letters)?

Snowflake
05-08-2009, 06:04 PM
^lol sis Glo!

Sadly no. I think we were all too young and thought it's just a part of life to move on. I just didn't realise how much I'd miss them. Still, I hope I bump into them somewhere, sometime, God willing. :):(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.