/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Jesus Papers

azim
06-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...lance&n=283155

Anynone heard of or read this book?

The author supposedly states there are letters sent by Jesus to the Romans where he denies being the Son of God - as well as saying that Jesus was never crucified and claiming he has proof for this.

I havent read it, intend to after exams (make dua for me). Just wondering if anyone else had read it?

Wsalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
06-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Hmm.. I see Amazon are bundling it with The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail. There might be a message there, somewhere! ;D

family
06-09-2006, 12:01 AM
interesting

iLL_LeaT
06-09-2006, 12:20 AM
I’m skeptical.

There have been many debates on if Jesus was literate. Most people in that time were not. You can’t write if you don’t know how.

Moreover, why would Jesus feel obligated to write anything to the Romans?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
06-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Interesting book. I might buy it and see what it is about.

Crescent
06-09-2006, 02:26 AM
How reliable can Christians be? The Bible claims that the world is flat and has corners.

nimrod
06-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Ill_Leat, the bible records Jesus writting in the dust.

John 8
But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." 8Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

Thanks
Nimrod

iLL_LeaT
06-09-2006, 04:50 AM
I know these sources aren’t very reliable, but a quick search turned up a few links that speak of Jesus’ literacy

http://www.tektonics.org/gk/illit.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_Jesus

And again, why would Jesus feel obligated to tell the Romans that they didn’t crucify him? Jesus was very small potatoes to the Romans. Why would Jesus be like,” Ha ha, I slipped through you fingers?” It’s not like he was Spartacus or anything. Moreover, Jesus didn’t really have anything to prove to the Romans

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.