Oh Masha Allah nice article.

Uthman
02-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Assalam alaikum,

Yup, great article!

Hash, please see here.

Uthman
02-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Mashallah/Subhanallah/alhamdulillah (Whichever one applies)

A common misconception about Islam. Even if muslim women are happy and testify that the misconception is not true then until the end of time there will always be people trying to cause disunity in Islam and spread lies about Islam to all non-muslims. Even when people do convert to Islam the argument is either they are brainwashed or they are complete loonies :brother::sister:

This one converted to Islam. Subhanallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Gardens & Rivers
02-15-2005, 07:59 AM
if the atheist really wanted to find out whether or not women are oppressed, how come he asked the men? ???

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-21-2005, 02:41 AM
lol, hash, your story reminded me of another one.

At one khutbah the Imaam was discussing family relations and decided to ask a question. He said "Everyone who is afraid of his wfe, stand up."

They all stood up excpet for one young man. The brothers around him stared at him with disbelief and said "MashAllah brother! you must be a very brave man!"

The young man looked up at them in dismay and said " By Allah! My wife broke my legs! I can't stand!"

:lol:

Khattab
02-21-2005, 03:41 PM
jazzakallah khair for this article brother ansar i missed it before, before reading this I thought in the Koran moslems where told to beat there women :omg:

Far7an
02-21-2005, 03:58 PM
The Quran teaches us that we are allowed to hit our wifes after using all other means possible, but we are not to hit them on there faces, and we should not strike hard.

Surah AN-NISA (WOMEN) Verse 34
Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

WomanOfJihad
02-21-2005, 09:36 PM
:sl:

true . hitting a wife shud b the last thing on Earth a Husband shud do .. n if they do hit them ..it shud b only a little slight tap .. and those who hit their wives now n then are considered to b sissys ..theres a hadeeth i read on this .inshallah if i find it .. will post it .. or if any1 else knows it ..then do post it up here . JazakAllahu Khairan
:w:

Far7an
02-21-2005, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WomanOfJihad
and those who hit their wives now n then are considered to b sissys
lol

Khattab
02-21-2005, 11:15 PM
you need read it in arabic to understand that verse it does not mean "beat" and the prophet (swh) also explained the meaning to this verse where it means to only tap, prohet (swh) was so kind to his wives never once did he mistreat or hit any of them an excellent example, anyone who beats a women is just coward

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-22-2005, 12:00 AM
The word is idribuhunna.

One meaning is to "leave them" as a last resort. The other is to "use light force on them" as a last resort. You decide which interpretation you agree with.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Just wanted to raise this thread again for some new opinions...

Uthman
04-05-2005, 04:24 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Just wanted to raise this thread again for some new opinions...
On the subject of a husband beating their wife?

WomanOfJihad
04-05-2005, 04:39 PM

On the subject of a husband beating their wife?
interesting .. we all know its DISALLOWED in Islam .. and for sUm Reason if it DOEs cum to that Extent .. then the husbands shud only Tap them Slightly ... the only reason why they wud beat their wives is coz they are Quik Tempered .. n cant control their Anger .. n those who Beat their Wives arent Called MEN at all ..

However if the husband keeps beating the Wife continuously.. then the Wife shud take some STRONG actions n not just Sit there geting beaten up for it can AFFECT the CHILDREN as well..

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-05-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm glad brother Osman raised this issue as it is a veryg big misconception.

Would everyone please read the newly posted article here:
http://www.load-islam.com/C/Women/TafsirAyah34

Umm Yoosuf
04-05-2005, 04:55 PM
People need to understand the rights Islam gives to women!

Indeed it's most pure and beautiful. They also need to understand that it is not Islam that Oppresses women but some so-called muslims, whom their own disires have over taken them. They follow their cultures and traditions and reject the law of their Creator.

If Islam Oppresses women how comes there millions of Muslim women? How comes they don't leave Islam? or adopt the culture of the West? Why and how comes young women from the West are coming to Islam?

Uthman
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM

Indeed! People are getting mixed up between Islam and it's so-called followers. They think that just because a muslim is oppressing a woman then Islam must teach them to do so. This is like blaming a civilian for having a bad prime minister. :

One has only to ponder over how many converts their are to Islam to realise that Islam must be something beautiful indeed. :)

It is a very big misconception but can we really blame the people for believing it? Or should we blame the muslims themselves for letting them believe it? I'll read that article soon Ansar. :)

root
04-05-2005, 07:27 PM
I found an interesting article on this issue:

MODERATOR'S COMMENT: SUCH WEBSITES ARE KNOWN TO PROPAGATE HATRED TOWARDS MUSLIMS AND THEIR ARTICLES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THIS FORUM.

IF YOU HAVE A SINCERE DESIRE TO VERIFY THE CREDIBILITY OF THE ARTICLE YOU MAY ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU WISH.

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Root, you should know better than that. That would be like posting an anti-semitic article on a Jewish forum.

moreover, the artidcle itself is sheer nonsense.

Women were treated horribly before Islam. Do you know that girls used to be buried alive before Islam? They were hated so much, nobody wanted a girl.

81:8. When the female (infant), buried alive, is questioned -
81:9. For what crime she was killed

Islam changed all that. Islam gave women so many rights that the pagans were astonished.

For example, it elevated the status of the mother so much. The Prophet Muhammad pbuh said:

"Heaven lies under the feet of mothers."

This is something that men can never have. Islam took the closest relationship in the family from the man and gave it to the woman.

Please use the intellect that God has given you to seperate fact from fiction.

Shaakira
05-15-2005, 09:16 PM
Allah [S.W.A.] says as muslim woman we are the most honered in Islam and as a mother Paradise lies at are feet so to the mothers out there obey Allah and hold on to the deen because to have this honered position is a mercy and blessing from Allah [S.W.A.] :w: :sister: :Mosque: :Crescent: The Prophet Muhammed [P.B.U.H.]said honer thy mother three and then honer thy father.

Protected_Diamond
05-15-2005, 09:26 PM
mashallah...intresting

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Threads merged.

Insha'Allah we can continue our discussion here.

Khayal
09-13-2005, 11:03 PM

MashaAllah an excellent article, :rose: jazak ALLAH khair.

Khayal
06-22-2006, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
lol, hash, your story reminded me of another one.

At one khutbah the Imaam was discussing family relations and decided to ask a question. He said "Everyone who is afraid of his wfe, stand up."

They all stood up excpet for one young man. The brothers around him stared at him with disbelief and said "MashAllah brother! you must be a very brave man!"

The young man looked up at them in dismay and said " By Allah! My wife broke my legs! I can't stand!"

:lol:

:sl: Brother

:lol::lol:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.