/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinians: Israelis kill 7 on beach

Nablus
06-09-2006, 08:29 PM
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- An Israeli navy gunboat fired shells into northern Gaza

on Friday, killing at least seven people on a beach where Palestinians were picnicking, Palestinian medical sources said.

Five militants also died earlier Friday in Israeli strikes, Palestinian sources said.

Also Friday, the military wing of Hamas called off a 16-month-old cease-fire with Israel.

A spokesman for HamasSami Abu Zuhri, said it was "impossible to remain silent" after viewing "terrifying pictures of the women and children" on the beach. (Watch the aftermath on the beach -- :46)

"These demonstrations emphasize the necessity of the renewal of the struggle," he said.

The IDF apologized and said it "regretted the strike on innocents," the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported.

The Israeli paper quoted Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas as condemning the killings as a "bloody massacre."

A mass demonstration erupted in Gaza City, where protesters called for revenge, including Thursday's killing of a Hamas official in an Israeli missile strike.

The Israel Defense Forces said it was shelling rocket-launching areas in Gaza from the sea. A representative said the areas were believed to be uninhabited.

The IDF halted firing pending an investigation of the strike on the beach at the village of Beit Lahya.

Lt. Gen. Dan Halutz, the IDF's chief of general staff, said the military is investigating the possibility that it was not naval artillery that struck the beach.

Video footage from the beach showed ambulance workers carrying away injured people on stretchers. A young girl was screaming for a parent in the footage.

Palestinian security sources said about 20 others were injured when Israeli shells hit the beach.

Earlier Friday, also in the Beit Lahya area, the IDF said militants launched a Qassam rocket that landed in Israel but caused no damage or casualties.

The militants got into a car, which the Israeli air force then attacked, according to the IDF. A large explosion followed. The IDF said it believed the blast was due to explosives in the car.

The three dead were members of the Popular Resistance Committees, a coalition of militant groups, Palestinian security sources said. Palestinian sources said the dead included two brothers and a cousin.

After the attack in Beit Lahya, a car was hit at Jabalya refuge camp, killing two militants, Palestinian sources said.

Last summer, under then-Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Israel withdrew from Gaza, and Israeli forces forcibly removed about 8,000 settlers from Gaza and four small areas of the West Bank.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/09/mideast/

u can watch videodown the page

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-09-2006, 08:31 PM
I heard this on the radio today.
What a dreadful story! :heated:

I heard there was going to be an investigation ...

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Maybe if militants would have avoided shooting missles into israel with the aim of trying to kill innocents in schools... this would never have happend. I hate how the inncoent end up dieing. The IDF was definitly wrong to do this... but these are responses to attacks on innocent Israelis.... and the aim of these shells are to kill militants trying to kill innocent. The fact that they did not have 100% information on who was at the beach is very terrible, and should be investigated.

Satellite?blobcolurlimage&ampblobheaderimage2Fjpeg&ampblobkeyid&ampblobtableJPImage&ampblobwhere1145961387792&ampcachecontrolnever&ampssbinarytrue -
The Kassam rocket that was launched into a school in Sderot, Israel by Palestinian Militants

Defense Minister Amir Peretz woke up Wednesday to the sound of Kassam rockets landing just meters from his home in the southern town of Sderot and vowed to take swift action to prevent additional rocket fire.

Four Kassam rockets landed in the Western Negev Wednesday morning with two striking homes in Sderot, one landing in an open field and the fourth landing inside the nearby kibbutz of Or Haner. Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the attacks. Two people suffered from shock after their Sderot apartment building - not far from Peretz' home - was struck by a rocket. The attacks came 24 hours after an elite IDF unit operated on the ground for the first time in Gaza since disengagement and killed four Islamic Jihad operatives in the midst of setting up Kassam rocket launchers.

In response to Wednesday's attack, IDF artillery cannons pounded Kassasm launch sites in the northern Gaza Strip.

Peretz, who was shaken awake by the sound of the Red Dawn Kassam alarm, postponed his trip to Jerusalem where he was scheduled to participate in the first meeting of the security cabinet and instead visited the home of his neighbor Moti Ashkenazi, 50 meters from his own home and struck by one of the rockets.

"I was supposed to go to the security cabinet meeting but ten minutes before I was set to wake up I heard the Red Dawn alarm go off and then a large explosion," Peretz recalled Wednesday. "Unfortunately this is not the first time that Kassam rockets have fallen next to my home."

The IDF, Peretz said, would continue utilizing all of the resources at its disposal to curb the rocket fire including additional ground operations deep inside the Gaza Strip. "I am a man of peace but no one should disillusion themselves into thinking that we will go easy on Kassam launchers," he said as he surveyed the damage caused to his neighbor's home. "We will take action that will prevent these terrorists from succeeding in launching Kassams at Israel."

OC Southern Command Maj.-Gen. Yoav Gallant joined the defense minister in asserting that the IDF was making great efforts to prevent terror cells from launching rockets at Israel. While some attacks did succeed, Galant said that the IDF had noted a decrease in both the number and accuracy of the rockets.

The IDF, the Jerusalem Post has learned was is in the midst of developing new technology capable of granting better protection to the Gaza-belt communities against the homemade and primitive Kassam rockets. The technology would defend the communities from the rocket fire as well as have the ability to attack terror cells on the ground before they launch the rockets.

"We will find the way to take actions that prevent these organizations from firing toward Sderot and other communities," Peretz said Wednesday. "Therefore I hope that the [Palestinian] population understands that these organizations are bringing them toward a catastrophe."

Ashkenazi, whose home was damaged by the rocket, said that Kassams have become a part of life in Sderot. "With time, the senses dull a bit and we continue with our daily routine" he said. "Subconsciously, we know that when it falls on the right and falls on the left one day it will [also] strike our home."

Sderot Mayor Eli Moyal urged the government to take action against the rockets that have plagued his city for years. In interviews he asserted that the solution was not occasional military activity, but rather "either decimating the area from where the launches take place, or controlling the area."
jpost.com

glo
06-09-2006, 08:39 PM
And so it continues ...:'(
When will the killing end? I am sure that most people don't want to see innocent people dying!

peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nablus
06-09-2006, 08:39 PM
palestinian have air craft and mass weapon!!!! u r really blind

Daily Israel kill innocent people so they have the right to answer them
in what vr they have

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
palestinian have air craft and mass weapon!!!! u r really blind

Daily Israel kill innocent people so they have the right to answer them
in what vr they have
Palestinians have been launching Kassam Rockets, and Missles into Israel throughout this whole "cease fire" which they have supposidly agreed to. Then Israel responds by attacking the areas the terrorists are (which are always highly populated on purpose, thats why they choose those bases) and then everyone is "even" and just more bloodshed is spilt! When will it end....

Nablus
06-09-2006, 08:49 PM
this family on the beach making aholiday so why did they kill them?

bcz this is the terror of Israel

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 08:51 PM
There were probably terrorists in the area. They use highly populated areas as bases so Israel will have a tough time responding when they shoot missles at schools. It sad how they use these innocent people whose only crime was to be at the beach as there "sandbags"

root
06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Lavikor does have a point though;

I remember when a bunch of dumb UK citizens went out to Iraq as "volunteer human sheilds" as they were going to stand outside hospitals and schools as human shields.

They quickly came home when Saddam got them standing outside a sensitive military base.

Tit four tat, one day it has to stop,...,....

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 08:55 PM
so the Israelis show their intelligence by just attacking civilians in these crowded areas

oh joy thats justified

i know of americans who have been to both israel and palestine and the strip, but i will leave what they saw and whos worse to myself, if everyone just took a trip there they would get the real image and stop relying on media thats so pro israel and anti palestine making them look like savages.

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 08:56 PM
It is just sad that innocent are always in the crossfire. Maybe if Hamas decided to actually recondnize Israel's right to "exist" in the Middle East

And did not claim that the only way they will ever stop blowing up cafe's and shooting rockets at schools was when Israel became an "Islamic State" maybe the peace process would go along. Israel can't make peace with a group who seeks to destroy it....

format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
so the Israelis show their intelligence by just attacking civilians in these crowded areas
Oh and like the Palestinians are better??? they don't even shoot with the intent to kill Soldiers... they just go blow themselves up in a Cafe' and kill an American like Danile Wultz!

When will Hamas step up and sit down at the peace table!

Vishnu
06-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Hamas makes all of there bases near Civillian populated areas so when they attack they can hide behind the children and women. What do you expect israel to do?

Sit there and do nothing when hamas launches a rocket into a school!?!

Nablus
06-09-2006, 09:00 PM
can u compare between the weapon of palestinian and israelis!!!

I think impossible to compare bcz its clear what the israeli have

can u tell me how many palestinians killed by israel?!!!

who built the apparathied wall ?!!!

who confiscated the land?!!!!

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Cinfiscated land!!!!???!!!

Arabs were planning to attack Israel and Israel then ended up taking the arab land during the war!

If the Arabs captured tel Aviv would they give it back to Israel? So why should Israel give any land back that they captured????

Did Jordan or Egypt even try to make a Palestinian state when they had the Gaza strip and West Bank?!?

Nablus
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM
u should know israel is an illegal country in the middl-east and it is built on the palestinian land

Vishnu
06-09-2006, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Cinfiscated land!!!!???!!!

Arabs were planning to attack Israel and Israel then ended up taking the arab land during the war!

If the Arabs captured tel Aviv would they give it back to Israel? So why should Israel give any land back that they captured????

Did Jordan or Egypt even try to make a Palestinian state when they had the Gaza strip and West Bank?!?
Great Post!

The Arab world would never have given any land back if they captured any when they started the ILLEGAL WAR of 1948.... So why should israel give any back after they captured it... especially since it is proven that the Arabs were ready to attack israel!

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Israel= mostly europeans who came over
palestine= native arabs

moral of the story is who stole what? and this question is not about religion

and btw im mostly white so this isnt racist

and on another note doesnt it say somewhere in the Torah that jews are not to have a seperate place?

lmao ganes everytime a discussion that has anything to do with "muslims are bad" u jump in, come on dont make me track all ur posts and prove this, you can write an anti muslim book on all your posts here

lmfao with your "hindus believe in zionism"

u crack me up dude

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh really! My family has lived in Northern Israel for over 8 generations (as long as we can go back probably longer)

There are millions of Mizrahi Jews... heck Jews have been living in israel before Islam was created!

and by the way it sais that no where. It is an interpretation of the torah held by 20,000 of the 15 Million Jews around the world.... and there beliefs follows that they will reclaim and create Israel when the messiah arrives expelling all Non-Jews.

Us regular Jews actually believe in living side by side with a peace partner...we are still looking for one it is not in hamas.... maybe fatah.

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 09:14 PM
your right on that note but most of people currently in israel now are white as can be io had a friend who just came back the majority are european with european values aka im better then u views, this goes far beyond judaism and islam, it has a racist tone as well, take some history classes

Vishnu
06-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Palestinians were never forced from there homes when Israel was created... The GRAND MUFTI (ally of Hitler) ordered them to leave and come back when the Arab Nation destroyed israel... guess what israel survived and those Palestinains who left after Israel asked them to stay and create a Nation together were never able to come back.

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 09:30 PM
ganes there u go again spilling false exagerated info, your really funny and should know noone takes u serious

can you give me permission to collect all your posts to put em together and write an "i hate muslims and hindus are the new zionist" book in honor of you
lmfao :giggling:

Vishnu
06-09-2006, 09:35 PM
You say that my facts are false yet you provide me with no "facts" to refute my post.

Maybe because it is common knowledge that the Grand Mufti as supporter of Hitler called for all Muslims in israel to leave and then come back and be able to double there land when israel was destroyed. As you know, Israel was not destroyed, and therefore the land was never returned.

It is also recorded that Israel called out to these people who left to come back and live side by side with them and fight together.... of course most left thinking that 7 Arab legions would quickly decimate small little Israel.

Plus, no of my posts are ever attacking Islam. My posts attack the terrorists who ruin the great name of such a peaceful religion.

Yet you jump right in and take a shot at my religion. Such class...

Woodrow
06-09-2006, 09:40 PM
Oh really! My family has lived in Northern Israel for over 8 generations (as long as we can go back probably longer)

There are millions of Mizrahi Jews... heck Jews have been living in israel before Islam was created!

and by the way it sais that no where. It is an interpretation of the torah held by 20,000 of the 15 Million Jews around the world.... and there beliefs follows that they will reclaim and create Israel when the messiah arrives expelling all Non-Jews.

Us regular Jews actually believe in living side by side with a peace partner...we are still looking for one it is not in hamas.... maybe fatah.
I do agree with you fully here. I've known a number of Mizrahi Jews and many Palestinians. All of them have told me much the same that there was peacefull coexistance for many centuries and they recognise each other as being From Abraham.

Perhaps we will once again see the day when Peace will return.

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I hope so... Just to be clear I completley condone these attacks no matter who was there....

Israel has an obligation to not just fire a missle because a terrorist is there.

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 09:42 PM
No ganes I think you are well known for always attacking Islam,

hey mods am i allowed to copy and paste someone elses posts for proof that people are liars?

i would love to expose ganes and his lying self

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Just put the link down.... I would like to see if he has wrote anything anti-Muslim...

I know for a fact that you have not shown much respect to the Hindu religion in some of your posts.

Looking4Peace
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
i will soon as i find em, and better yet i just found out i can block certain people so i can never see their posts again? hope this is true because everyone one of his posts hurt my eyes badly, most are disgusting

have to go out

will be continued =)

lavikor201
06-09-2006, 09:48 PM
You claim that you can post something proving he is Anti-Muslim yet you show no evidence... and you say you are going to look for one...

I'm interested so please show me if he is an Anti-Muslim....

Attacking Islam is not justified, even if someone attacked Hinduism.

Halima
06-10-2006, 05:58 AM
:sl:

I remember, I saw this on TV. What a terrible situation to be in. Especially if you had just saw your father being killed violently.

This poor child, she was so young to witness such a horrendous event. Just think what would you do if you were in her shoes?

:w:

Nablus
06-10-2006, 06:53 AM

millions false infomation they are countd on ur hands

lavikor201
06-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I love how you just throw out lies.... There are over one million Mizrahi Jews.... The fact that you just call my post a lie without any info to back yourself up is pathetic.

It has also been reported now that out of 10 who died on the beach 3 were Militants firing rockets into israel with the aim of hitting a school.

It is truley terrible that they camp out and fire rockets near civillian areas so if israel responds, there are always more casualties than just the Militants.

i_m_tipu
06-12-2006, 04:52 AM
hello
i just reading some of the post of this thread
All western condemned this killing 7 on beach
Israel authority also regretting

but looks like u r not gonna condemned this killing

Looking4Peace
06-12-2006, 04:57 AM
Just put the link down.... I would like to see if he has wrote anything anti-Muslim...

I know for a fact that you have not shown much respect to the Hindu religion in some of your posts.

for a fact are u bananas?, I am the one telling some muslims here off when they insult hindus, i have always said that one should not judge anothers religion and should have respect towards one another, ganes in the one always bashing muslims, go ahead collect all my posts you lying trouble maker+o(

in fact go look for my post when i said how one of my best friends and neighbors are hindus and that i find them to be completely peaceful, its ganes full of hate representing his own faith wrong, go ahead do ur digging

Vishnu
06-12-2006, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by i_m_tipu
hello
i just reading some of the post of this thread

All western condemned this killing 7 on beach
Israel authority also regretting

but looks like u r not gonna condemned this killing
Wow.... if you could read, then maybe you could have seen lavikor's post on page 2....

I hope so... Just to be clear I completley condone these attacks no matter who was there....

Israel has an obligation to not just fire a missle because a terrorist is there.

Oh yes.... he does not condone these attacks.... :rollseyes

Nablus
06-13-2006, 08:07 PM
imagine this happend for a jew family!!!!!!!!!!!

israeli army will deleteall palestinians

the mass media in the world will be debating on the topic for more than amonth

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
imagine this happend for a jew family!!!!!!!!!!!

israeli army will deleteall palestinians

the mass media in the world will be debating on the topic for more than amonth
If they are trying to "delete" all Pals they are doing a poor job of it. They have the manpower and the firepower to get it done.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.