/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is all these sisters

Aly
06-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Well i couldnt understand this Chemistry .....:rollseyes

I have seen many muslim sister walking on the road with wearing hijab , but other hand they are wearing tight shirts or some thing like that ...... the basic meaning of hijab is to cover your body parts and hairs etc.. if every thing is visible then why would we take care about hijab ..

NOte: Sisters dont take me offensive , its truth which i see every day .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Daffodil
06-09-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aly

I have seen many muslim sister walking on the road with wearing hijab , but other hand they are wearing tight shirts or some thing like that ...... the basic meaning of hijab is to cover your body parts and hairs etc.. if every thing is visible then why would we take care about hijab ..

Perhaps those sisters have only just started practicing and are taking things step by step, giv them credit where its due atleast theyre wearing the hijab. Remember..."a fig leaf is better then nothing"

Muezzin
06-09-2006, 09:54 PM
We should lower our gaze too.

BlissfullyJaded
06-09-2006, 09:55 PM
:sl:

Unfortunately, I think this is common everywhere.

But I think its about time we actually started doing something about it instead of badmouthing these sisters. It could be that the parents could be at fault for what the girl is doing. They didn't do their job in raising her, they didn't explain to what the hijaab is and why she has to wear it and how to wear it, etc. Or they are forbidding her from wearing it, and she can only wear clothes that her parent find acceptable and "safe" for the society they live in.

Then there is the opposite case where the sister's parents are fully encouraging her towards hijaab and she rebells...

And then there are sisters who're just wearing it for the sake of fashion, cuz the scarf is a "cool" thing.

Anyyways, what my point is, we do not always know why a girl is dressing the way she is. Yes. hijaab is fardh. But it also our duty as brothers and sisters to help others when their imaan is low and try to guide them. (Obviously this would be something sisters would have to help other sisters on...)

And yes, lower your gaze! :rant: Sorry, I just had to say that. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aly
06-09-2006, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

Unfortunately, I think this is common everywhere.

But I think its about time we actually started doing something about it instead of badmouthing these sisters. It could be that the parents could be at fault for what the girl is doing. They didn't do their job in raising her, they didn't explain to what the hijaab is and why she has to wear it and how to wear it, etc. Or they are forbidding her from wearing it, and she can only wear clothes that her parent find acceptable and "safe" for the society they live in.

Then there is the opposite case where the sister's parents are fully encouraging her towards hijaab and she rebells...

And then there are sisters who're just wearing it for the sake of fashion, cuz the scarf is a "cool" thing.

Anyyways, what my point is, we do not always know why a girl is dressing the way she is. Yes. hijaab is fardh. But it also our duty as brothers and sisters to help others when their imaan is low and try to guide them. (Obviously this would be something sisters would have to help other sisters on...)

And yes, lower your gaze! :rant: Sorry, I just had to say that. :)
lol omg Aunty jeee :uhwhat i usually lower my gaze its all i see and some of my friend they are non muslim they discuss with me these kinds of things ...

and i think sisters look MAshallah so nice when they wear scarf salute to them ....

well btw sister do you wear Hijab, scarf etc

afriend
06-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I say that you either do it wholly or just don't do it.

Allah says in the Quraan, Chapter number 2, verse 208 (Dr. Zakir Naik Style LOL):

Oh you who belive! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF ISLAM) and do not follow the footsteps of Shaytaan.

So you either follow or you don't!

BlissfullyJaded
06-09-2006, 10:12 PM
well btw sister do you wear Hijab, scarf etc

Alhamdulillah yes I do wear hijaab and niqaab.

Aly
06-09-2006, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah

Alhamdulillah yes I do wear hijaab and niqaab.
:w:

Sister i am thining about your name , is that Labibah , i neva heard that before what does that mean , i just heard about LAIBAh

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 10:25 PM
You know what sometimes...sisters get forced into wearing the hijaab cause thier rents or older brothers or whoever want them to wear it, maybe cause they want other members of the family/friends to think better of them and thier children, so they'll were the hijaab because they got told to, but they won't act/dress like a hijaabi should, trust me i've seen it in my college, sisters with harsh brothers especially, they are wearing tops saying Muslimah, or slave of Allah (Swt) on them, and then sitting on dudes in my col, so shameful astaghfirullah, even the non-muslim girl in my english class told me about a similar incident and even she knew it was bad... (naming no names), maybe it isn't their fault, maybe they are not aware of the consequences, so they don't really care what others think.

Well that's what i think.

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 10:36 PM
asalamulaikum

lol sis labibah u have a fan.

and i think sisters look MAshallah so nice when they wear scarf salute to them ....
sisters dnt wear the scarf to look nice or attractive.

I say that you either do it wholly or just don't do it.

Allah says in the Quraan, Chapter number 2, verse 208 (Dr. Zakir Naik Style LOL):

Oh you who belive! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF ISLAM) and do not follow the footsteps of Shaytaan.

I think that should be enough to explain that.
brother iqram, so ur saying the sisters who wear the hijab but still dnt observe modesty shudnt bother wearing the hijab?

dnt forget brother, the quran was revealed over a period of 23 years, and the first ten years was regarding tawheed. everything else then was revealed step by step.

u cant all of a sudden wake up one morning and be totaly practicing, it doesnt work that way, u have to walk before u can run other wise u fall. it takes time.

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Nice reply Daffodil ^^ agreed

aamirsaab
06-09-2006, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
u cant all of a sudden wake up one morning and be totaly practicing, it doesnt work that way, u have to walk before u can run other wise u fall. it takes time.
Valid point, but what about the ramadhanians (yeah, I made that up) who only wear hijab in ramadhan? (similarly, certain muslim males only practice Islam in this holy month - sad init?)

Although, It is important to remember that we shouldn't judge people - it's what's on the inside that counts; as long as they have faith in Allah, that's the important thing.

Aly
06-09-2006, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
asalamulaikum

lol sis labibah u have a fan.

i am fan of all you sweet people out there, i enjoy when ever i come here nice and increasing my knowledge but sis Labibah didnt answer that :?

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
But do they?

inshaAllah

afriend
06-09-2006, 10:43 PM
JazakAllah for telling me about the tawheed part....Didn't know that before...

true said, but it's like, when you have a bath, and you don't wash one part of your body.

ok, that's silly, but it gives a bad name to the hijaab, people will look at them and say, look they wear scarves, but I can see their legs and their figure. So called Muslims they are.

The whole purpose of wearing the hijaab is to cover the body...and I think if you don't meet minimum requirements, then how can it be termed as a hijaab for them?

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Valid point, but what about the ramadhanians (yeah, I made that up) who only wear hijab in ramadhan? (I could say similar for certain males, too)
shaitans locked up in ramadhan so of course ppl are bound to practice more n inshallah its a start for them n may they continue after ramadhan too ameen.

Helena
06-09-2006, 10:47 PM

erm...i've seen myself too....well wot can i say its more of a trend.....wearing diff colours scarfs to match theri skirts, or blouse that are worn....and i agree most clothes are tight! plus make ups are done, which brings attractivenss towards the opp gender!

I think girls shud wear the hijab for the right intention, understand the purpose and do it only and love for allah(swt), we shudnt wear it coz as some susters are forced into it, otherwise it will be by name ur wearing a scarf and totally ignoring the prupose of it!

Same goes wid brothers, erm...new fashion.....stylish beard..remember my thread....that was kinda interesting debating wid brothers!

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 10:48 PM
ok, that's silly, but it gives a bad name to the hijaab, people will look at them and say, look they wear scarves, but I can see their legs and their figure. So called Muslims they are.
then those muslims need to look to them selves because if thats how theyre thinking then their hearts dnt seem pure, rather then thinking bad of them how about they giv them dua that Allah swt guides them.

The whole purpose of wearing the hijaab is to cover the body...and I think if you don't meet minimum requirements, then how can it be termed as a hijaab for them?
remember brother a fig leaf is better then nothing.

afriend
06-09-2006, 10:48 PM
erm...i've seen myself too....well wot can i say its more of a trend.....wearing diff colours scarfs to match theri skirts, or blouse that are worn....and i agree most clothes are tight! plus make ups are done, which brings attractivenss towards the opp gender!

I think girls shud wear the hijab for the right intention, understand the purpose and do it only and love for allah(swt), we shudnt wear it coz as some susters are forced into it, otherwise it will be by name ur wearing a scarf and totally ignoring the prupose of it!

Same goes wid brothers, erm...new fashion.....stylish beard..remember my thread....that was kinda interesting debating wid brothers!
Good point sister!

MashAllah, the intention is extremely important.

afriend
06-09-2006, 10:50 PM
remember brother a fig leaf is better then nothing.
Was that said somewhere by RasoolAllah(SAW)?

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah intention....If you don't have the correct intentions, you defo int getting the reward what's the point...i pray inshaAllah those that are forced to wear it, learn why it's important inshaAllah

Khaldun
06-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Sister i am thining about your name , is that Labibah , i neva heard that before what does that mean , i just heard about LAIBAh
i am fan of all you sweet people out there, i enjoy when ever i come here nice and increasing my knowledge but sis Labibah didnt answer that
Please stay ontopic, and dont ask sisters personal questions.

Aly
06-09-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena

LOL Oppss Sister HAlean ;D they look bad when they put make up init ?
but they dont attract me at all but make me laugh and scared

Well about beard , so beard is in Islam but islam is not in beard ,

Helena
06-09-2006, 10:55 PM

yeap...intentions is da key to all answers.... anything for Allah(swt)!

Life is too short
neva know wen death is near
live it to da right path
and ur reward will be given...jannah...wt else do we want...
To please Allah(swt) and our rasul.......anything at all inshalah!

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
That'll be why she dint answer them then :)

I don't get why some people are so picky on clothing, don't need to be tight n grusome, no one wants to see your flabby figure, but i still have symathy for those that are forced to wear it, cause they don't get a chance to understand the hijaab themselves and will always feel like its been oushed upon them cause it wasn't thier choice.

Aly
06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Please stay ontopic, and dont ask sisters personal questions.
well its personal question if you read it propery all i wanted to know the meaning of the name ! there is no where islam stop us to ask the meaning of name, yes if sister cant tell the any of you brother can tell , there is nothign rong at all ... dont make islam too strict Brother

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 10:58 PM
Dw just look it up :)

Helena
06-09-2006, 10:59 PM
LOL Oppss Sister HAlean ;D they look bad when they put make up init ?
but they dont attract me at all but make me laugh and scared

Well about beard , so beard is in Islam but islam is not in beard ,

erm its helena......not halean...is it my nickname...lol...

putting makeup its da worse thing.....jus be simple...and the naturalness is ur beauty...

Beard is part of islam, part of sunnah, part of life, hw can we deny our prophet(saw) examples? to follow it or not? its all up to u bro.....beard is the beauty of islam, represents ur religion islam, and mercy is given by Allah(swt) inshalah!

afriend
06-09-2006, 11:01 PM
well, what we could all do is just keep ur gaze down, let them be what they are.

Helena
06-09-2006, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
well, what we could all do is just keep ur gaze down, let them be what they are.

true bro..but we shud pray and help them somehow inshalah and bring them more closer to islam,

hey wheres bro aly.....reply bck to my post bout beard?

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:05 PM

Beard is part of islam, part of sunnah, part of life, hw can we deny our prophet(saw) examples? to follow it or not? its all up to u bro.....beard is the beauty of islam, represents ur religion islam, and mercy is given by Allah(swt) inshalah!

Mashallah beard look so nice , its a part of our Islam , PROPHET(PBUH) but its ur choice , you rite ! but i mean to say there is no where written that if you are muslim you should have beard ? correct me if i am rong .!

afriend
06-09-2006, 11:05 PM
Also, if you find it hard to keep your desires under suppression, then the best deal would be to fast!

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 11:06 PM
Beards are cool, the hijaab is cool so why not ? :)

BlissfullyJaded
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM

You cannot expect people to wear hijaab properly when they have not worked on their imaan. :) When the Quran came, Allah did not first reveal the halaal and haraam. He revealed about Jannah and Jahannam. He tied the believers to the akhira, and therefore when the halaal and haram was revealed, they automatically obeyed for their desire to please their Creator and be granted Jannah. So yes, when the believing women heard the ayah on hijaab, they automatically obeyed it.

But are our sisters really aware about Jannah and Jahannam? Are they striving for Jannah on a daily basis? Is the community they live in encouraging them towards pleasing their Creator, or remain fearful that you may not be safe if you dress like a Muslimah?

Regarding the beard, thats another topic...so continue in sis Helena's topic? :)

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:11 PM

hey wheres bro aly.....reply bck to my post bout beard?

Sister i am here , going no where tonight i am up all nite doing some work dont worry so i am ready for you attacks.:hiding:

Pk_#2
06-09-2006, 11:13 PM
your**

Helena
06-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Mashallah beard look so nice , its a part of our Islam , PROPHET(PBUH) but its ur choice , you rite ! but i mean to say there is no where written that if you are muslim you should have beard ? correct me if i am rong .!

bro try to find my thread called 'stylish beard'....answers are there...we can discuss it there, dnt wana go off topic inshalah!

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 12:51 AM

What i have noticed is,...

..Whenever i go to a wedding,the MAJORITY of the women that attend those weddings,when they walk into the hall,they dont have their heads covered,they have more makeup on than JoJo the clown,..

..and when the Imam is reciting a Dua at the end of it all,..ALL the sisters rush to put their scarves on !
...and as soon as the Dua is over,the scarves come off again.... :?

Aly
06-10-2006, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
What i have noticed is,...

..Whenever i go to a wedding,the MAJORITY of the women that attend those weddings,when they walk into the hall,they dont have their heads covered,they have more makeup on than JoJo the clown,..

..and when the Imam is reciting a Dua at the end of it all,..ALL the sisters rush to put their scarves on !
...and as soon as the Dua is over,the scarves come off again.... :?
l

lol funny isinit ?;D

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 12:55 AM
l

lol funny isinit ?;D
lol

But to be fair,i've seen Brothers walking around with Extremly tight Shirts,showing off their muscles,...and they have the nerve to say things like "Women should cover themselves properly!"

it works both ways. :)

Aly
06-10-2006, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
lol

But to be fair,i've seen Brothers walking around with Extremly tight Shirts,showing off their muscles,...and they have the nerve to say things like "Women should cover themselves properly!"

it works both ways. :)
Brother all we can make dua Allah show us right path !

btw ;D how many times did you walk away showing them your muscles :rollseyes

Helena
06-10-2006, 12:59 AM

yeap it def work both ways...

SirZubair
06-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Brother all we can make dua Allah show us right path !

btw ;D how many times did you walk away showing them your muscles :rollseyes
I used to do that,alot.

But that was back in the days when i didnt believe in Allah s.w.t,The prophets of islam,The angels and the Day of judgement.

Things have changed now :)

I wear 3/4 pants though.

Before i used to wear pants that used to drag on the ground,i got told it wil lead me to hell.

So i've abandoned those.

Now im being told that the 3/4 pants i wear will lead me to hell.

Heck,looks like im destined for hell... :rollseyes

Woodrow
06-10-2006, 01:10 AM
Just a thought. I just realised that as I am sitting here posting. There are billions of people living on this planet. Of all the people whose actions I am personaly responsable for, they are all sitting in my chair.

True we can see things we perceive as being wrong and it is our duty to point them out. But, no matter how hard we try to be responsible to educate everybody, each person must know what and why they do anything, as an individual. We will never know what a person is expeiencing in their own heart or how much they have or have not learned up to this moment.

Umm Yoosuf
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Indeed it works both way. Why this problem though? It's due to two thinkings i believe.
1. Ignorance, of the truth.
2. Denial, to follow the truth.

As for ignorance believe it or not most sisters don't know that the Hijab is Obligatory Or they know and understand that but they don't know the correct Hijab therefore dress what they appear to think the correct Hijab is. May Allah guide such sisters.

As for denial is a phenomenal thing! Some sisters are aware the command of the Hijab but they want to follow their desire’s and turn a blind eye! May Allah bring them back to the truth.

Either way it should be our duty to inform them with the Haq (truth) in a beautiful mannerly way Insha Allah.

Ghazi
06-10-2006, 01:16 AM

Sad thing I've noticed is that there's people who claim to have knowladge saying such things as the quran doesn't say wear hijab, I've spoken to muslims who hold this view.

Helena
06-10-2006, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Sad thing I've noticed is that there's people who claim to have knowladge saying such things as the quran doesn't say wear hijab, I've spoken to muslims who hold this view.

astagfirullah...ur kidding..i cannot believe it...wot has this world come to....getting near and near to the day of judgement!

May Allah(swt) help them and show them the right path, this duniya is nothing, its just a test.....ya Allah

Ghazi
06-10-2006, 01:30 AM

astagfirullah...ur kidding..i cannot believe it...wot has this world come to....getting near and near to the day of judgement!

May Allah(swt) help them and show them the right path, this duniya is nothing, its just a test.....ya Allah

Wish I was sad thing is theres sisters not wearing it cause they believe it too be not needed and when you tell them other wise they say only allah can judge me etc.

Samee
06-10-2006, 02:54 AM

Not to backbite, but I see certain girls in my school who wear hijab and then kiss kaffir boys.

It's so hypocritical that it's not even funny, man.

Skillganon
06-10-2006, 03:48 PM
I think education is the key, majority of the mulsim children learn how to read the Quran and how to perform salat, and all that, and lot of do and don't by word of mouth, but never actually have understood the Quran at all. If you ask me do I understand if you gave me a Quran to read, I will say no. For the very simple reason I don't understand arabic. The Quran has no effect on them. This is where the problem remain's.

The first step to a solution to this problem is:

1. Education on Arabic as another language. (especially the word of the Quran).

2. Quran reading, with Good English Translation alongside.

I will not go and blame sister's, but if any blame is to be put it must be on the society itself for failing in it's job.

The Ruler
06-10-2006, 03:55 PM

this is totally weird cuz in dis gals skool i went to for 4 days, i saw dis gal wid hijab, de nxt days shes not wearing it, de nst day shes wearin a shirt dat shows er belly wen she moves.....im lyk wat da....wat kinda coverin up is dat?!

*noor
06-10-2006, 03:57 PM
i really dont think we should have a thread that may lead to backbiting.

Skillganon
06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
My Advice is start learning about Islam, meaning ther Quran and the sunnah.
My main emphasis is on education the individual by getting the person to understand the Quran i.e. what Allah(s.w.t) say's.

IT is easy to condemn people, like many here are doing, but what you are doing is voicing some hot air on something that is apperant and obviouse but not doing anything about it in any productive way.
Think of the solution to the problem.

I can go on and on condemning and pointing out problem, but my brother's and sister's you have to ask yourself, what are you doing about it?
The main emphasis should be on a way to find solution for all this mentioned, by means that is effective.

Anyone has a solution?

Hijaabi22
06-10-2006, 06:01 PM

exactly wat i wonder

aamirsaab
06-11-2006, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samee

Not to backbite, but I see certain girls in my school who wear hijab and then kiss kaffir boys.

It's so hypocritical that it's not even funny, man.
And it's painful when you are unable to stop it.

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 12:48 PM

Hmm, Meh never really understand chemistry either...no wonder why I failed muhahahahahaha...Ok seirous talk hehe

Yup that sums meh up :X nah jokes Meh get you, But the thing is ma dearest akhi this is the mere rubbish bin of a reality we are in :'( SubhanAllah The sisters need ta be bought closer to Islam, The veil is not just the covering them outside its the inner veil aswell and it should preserve their modesty...Its so sad that the West promote this "if you got it, flaunt it" rubbish << Yuh Respect you heard meh!!!...I mean they aint gonna be saying that when they standing before their Lord...SubhanAllah we need ta give dawah to these sisters and show them from right from wrong, it is our obbilgation as Muslims, we in a society where Islam is slowly slowly fading :( ..Tha sisters in my opinion from those i used ta chill wit, personally known and taked to do this for the attention from ma fellow bredas and the bredas funnily enough give in to their nafz and one thing leads on to the other, It takes two to tango ....Would you like ta see your own sister flaunting about in whatnot then got a hijaab on her head?...SubhanAllah meh seen bredas cotchin' on street corners at ma local shopping centre eyeing and harrasing their own sisters what kind of example is that?...Lower your gazes bredas and sisters for pity's sake give dawah to these gyals and follow the teachings of The Prophet [Pbuh] and act like the beuaitful Muslimahs you are and change yo ways! :)

No offence taking, the first step to overcoming an issue is to acknowlegde that there is a problem :)

Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:15 PM
i think some people (guys & gals) make excuses to follow der own way insted of d deen!!!

also some people think they are wearin a shalwar kameez, n its all gud lol, but dey wear such tite shalwar kameezs dat ders no point lol :D

its like d hadiths were RasoolAllah (saw) says "near the hour, women will be covered but still naked"

also i think its got a lot 2 do with up bringin and d area u belong 2, if dey brought up islamically then i dnt tink dey wud b dressed lik dat, and d influence of der friends n stuff!! but i dunno dey cud b dressed in a certain way & still hav a heavy deen!!

bcos der r sum hijabi sistas dat wear hijabs n hav lost d plot :p

1st peopple gota hav a hijab frm inside, and in der hearts den dey will hav a hijab frm d outside :D ameen!!

sevgi
06-11-2006, 02:19 PM
i agree with this brother...:)

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:20 PM
u no im rite lol :p

jazakhallah :D

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Ameen, Whats gwanin wit u n dat excessiv use of heavi? lol...fweek...muhahahaha....Yuh big up tho! Meh gets what you saying [first time fo eryting]...In a way i pity the gyals that do though cause i think they havent been taught about the true beuaty of Islam and the veil, its sucha sick thing but people abuse it, I feel unfortuetly tis all a fashion stament like the gyals got sumin to prove but inshAllah instead of criticsing em we gotta do sumin bout it i.e preach to em...and bredas LOWA YO GAZES ...Fi ImanAllah and Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.