/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Train company probes abuse claim

seeker_of_ilm
06-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Thats the railway station I use! But my cousin saw this on the news, and he said most of the insults were to do with the hijab

Central Trains are investigating claims that workers trapped a Muslim girl in a carriage and subjected her to racist abuse at Leicester railway station.
Nisa Khan, 21, from Leicester was waiting on a train for Birmingham when the driver told her to get off as the destination was Sheffield.

But she said he then locked the doors leaving her trapped inside.

She was later released by the British Transport Police. Central Trains said the matter would be fully investigated.

'Trapped in carriage'

A spokesperson said: "We are taking this incident very seriously.

"Once the investigation has taken place, we will be speaking to the woman concerned."

Ms Khan, a student at University of Central England, Birmingham, said the driver was joined by two other colleagues who taunted her and prevented her from leaving the carriage.

She called police on her mobile phone who arrived after around 20 minutes and freed her from the train.

Ms Khan said: "What normally is a one-hour journey ended up being the worst day of my life. "I got into in Birmingham at 11pm because I was too scared to take another train, I had to get dropped off and I keep suffering panic attacks."

She was travelling on the 18.14 service from Leicester to Birmingham to go back to university on 4 June.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.