/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Jesus and Isa not the same person?

glo
06-10-2006, 06:35 AM
This post puzzled me:
we believe virgin birth, but we dont believe in jesus.. Jesus is not ISA Al MAsih which is our prophet. He is somebody else !!!
I have never heard any Muslim say Jesus and Isa were not the same person.

Can anybody give me their views or point me towards other threads/ stickies, which have covered this issue?

Thanks.
Peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
06-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Greetings

They do mean the same thing. That was just a simple misprint by the sister.

There was no need to put it on the stop light.

peace

glo
06-10-2006, 08:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
Greetings
They do mean the same thing. That was just a simple misprint by the sister.
Thank you, Hamila.

There was no need to put it on the stop light.
peace
I am not sure what you mean by that. :?
If it's important, can you please explain. If it's not important, don't worry about it.

Peace.:thankyou:

Halima
06-10-2006, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thank you, Hamila.
It's Halima by the way not Hamila.

I am not sure what you mean by that. :?

Peace.:thankyou:

Last edited by zÂk : 4 Hours Ago at 03:08 AM.
Mr. wAk :grumbling

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
?...
06-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Salam

Firstly please when you hear this kind of statment do some reseacrh on it, so u can prove it, the thing your doing is one type of research.

Jesus is Esa (PBUH), if you look at the biogrphy of the prophet Esa()PBUH), (In Qur' an & Sunna)you'll notice that Allah describes Esa (Jesus)or taken up to the heavens when jews were trying to polloteagains him, when the first roman entered to assassinate or arrest the prophet, Allah turned this roman into the apperience of Jesus, So the real Jesus(PBUH) was taken up to heaven, and the fake was crusufied.

Wassalam

glo
06-10-2006, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Halima
It's Halima by the way not Hamila.
Sorry, that wasn't deliberate! :hiding:
Ever wondered why I chose such a short and simple forum ID? :giggling:

Peace!

glo
06-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I did not mean to put anybody on the spot.
That's exactly why I didn't link to the original thread, or name the original poster.

I merely started a new thread, because I didn't want to confuse the old thread.
I hope this clarifies things somewhat.

Peace. :thankyou:

Edited to correct typo.

Silver Pearl
06-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Greetings Glo,

Jesus son of mary (peace be upon him) is the equivalent of Isa ibn mariam(alayhi salam). What i mean by that is that they are referring to the same person but due to language it differs. Just like Dawud (alayhi salam) is known as David (peace be upon him), Suleyman (alayhi salam) is known as Solomon (peace be upon him).

It is referring to the same person but the Qur'an addresses the prophets (peace be upon them) as Isa ibn mariam, Yousuf, Yaqoub etc (peace be upon them) thus there is where the confusion arises and people assume its talking about different people.

Perhaps the person made an error.

Also the way Jesus (peace be upon him) is described in Islam differs to the statues he is given in christianity, again making it easier for a person to phrase their comment so ambigious that it seems inaccurate and conflicting.

I hope that answers your question Glo

Regards

Silver Pearl :)

glo
06-10-2006, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
Greetings Glo,

Jesus son of mary (peace be upon him) is the equivalent of Isa ibn mariam(alayhi salam). What i mean by that is that they are referring to the same person but due to language it differs. Just like Dawud (alayhi salam) is known as David (peace be upon him), Suleyman (alayhi salam) is known as Solomon (peace be upon him).

It is referring to the same person but the Qur'an addresses the prophets (peace be upon them) as Isa ibn mariam, Yousuf, Yaqoub etc (peace be upon them) thus there is where the confusion arises and people assume its talking about different people.

Perhaps the person made an error.

Also the way Jesus (peace be upon him) is described in Islam differs to the statues he is given in christianity, again making it easier for a person to phrase their comment so ambigious that it seems inaccurate and conflicting.

I hope that answers your question Glo

Regards

Silver Pearl :)
Thank you, Silver Pearl and all others who answered my question! :thankyou:
My confusion has been cleared up.

Peace. :statisfie

Umar001
06-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Actually I have heard such statements including.

Our Isa is not a man on a diaper and so forth, very disgusting comments.

And people cursing Jesus and when you ask them why they cursing him if they muslims they say oh Jesus is not Isa, Jesus is the man on the stick and so on.

Its jus what some people say outa ignorance and fastruation when others say Allah is the moon G-d.

Its a tit for tat type of thing in my limited and short experience.

peace

north_malaysian
06-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Isa Al Masih is Jesus the Messiah

For Christians - he's son of God
For Muslims - he's messenger of God.

syilla
06-12-2006, 04:05 AM
it is the same untill before the day of crucifixion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.