/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will Al Zarqawi’s killing bring political gains to Bush?

sonz
06-10-2006, 03:15 PM
After three years of lies and deception from the Bush administration can we really believe today's news that the U.S. occupying forces killed “the most-wanted Iraq terrorist”; Abu Mus’ab Al Zarqawi?

In the wake of today’s breaking news that the U.S. number one enemy in Iraq was finally killed as American warplanes dropped 500-pound bombs on his isolated safe house in Iraq, analysts raise questions regarding the significance of the timing of the killing of a man the U.S. had been allegedly chasing over the past three years.

The U.S. had long benefited from Al-Zarqawi’s reputation as Iraq’s number one terrorist and Al Qaeda man in a country where brutal killings and inhuman massacres have become routine.

Blaming deadly attacks which claimed far more Iraqi civilians than foreign troops on Al Zarqawi, specially at a time where ethnic tensions between Iraq’s Sunnis and Shias spiraled into fierce battles, used to make a hero out of the U.S.’ invading troops and the very few of its remaining allies.

But now President Bush, who hailed al-Zarqawi's killing as an opportunity for Iraq to fight “insurgency” that had wreaked havoc in the country, seems to have realised that he needs a far more effective strategy to save his declining approval ratings before his mid-term elections, especially after news broke out that Italy would begin reducing the number of its troops deployed in Iraq this month.

Bush’ job approval rating has fallen to all time low among California voters, as Republicans, once loyal to the commander-in-chief, start abandoning him for the extended and unjustified U.S. military presence in Iraq and failure to handle the war, according to a Field Poll.

The poll showed that only 28 percent of Californians now approve of the job Bush is doing, while 65 percent disapprove.

"We're in uncharted waters," said Mark DiCamillo, director of the Field Poll.

"The question is, can a president who has reached those depths reconnect with voters and turn those ratings around? I've never seen it done before because we've never had it happen before."

Historically Bush's approval ratings are the worst-ever given to a U.S. president by California voters.

President Richard Nixon’s approval rating reached 24 percent in August 1974 shortly before he resigned.

Despite celebrating Al Zarqawi’s death, the U.S. President stated that “the difficult and necessary mission in Iraq” will continue, which implies that even killing Al Zarqawi doesn’t mean that the U.S. will withdraw from Iraq soon.

“We can expect the terrorists and insurgents to carry on without him,” Bush claimed. “We can expect the sectarian violence to continue,” he added, urging Americans to continue to be patient.

By the time Al Zarqawi was killed, the alleged Al Qaeda leader was more powerful as a myth than as a man. He was the ghost the U.S. chased wherever it deemed an attack was necessary.

But the timing of his killing was carefully chosen to have the maximum psychological effect on the American public; gradually losing hope and trust in their President.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Immunity
06-10-2006, 05:17 PM
The answer: NO.

Bush still has a low approval rating.

Woodrow
06-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I think this is going to make more of us Americans see, Our little Texas Shrub, in an even poorer light then he has already been showing himself.

Zarqawi, was his biggest allie as a purpose for him to keep troops in Iraq. Now, if he can not come up with a reason why we cannot not immediatly pull our troops out of Iraq, he is going to have difficulty in justifying our purpose for being there. He is running out of excuses.

We do not like to send our young men off to foreign countries if there is no justification.

catmando
06-10-2006, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I think this is going to make more of us Americans see, Our little Texas Shrub, in an even poorer light then he has already been showing himself.

Zarqawi, was his biggest allie as a purpose for him to keep troops in Iraq. Now, if he can not come up with a reason why we cannot not immediatly pull our troops out of Iraq, he is going to have difficulty in justifying our purpose for being there. He is running out of excuses.

We do not like to send our young men off to foreign countries if there is no justification.
Beautiful post, reps for my Texas homie. :) I understand that he was not the only al Qaeda/insurgent operative we neutralized that day. We arrested 18-20 others. I hope that this will be the beginning of a new, more peaceful Iraq.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ninth_Scribe
06-11-2006, 06:41 PM
The death of Abu Musab Al Zarqawi is not going to solve ANYTHING because the reason he was fighting in the first place is still present with us!

Look, I'm not going to get into whether or not his actions were better or worse than the Americans, the Shiites, the Jews, or what have you. Everyone took up arms and did what they felt were in the best interests of... you all have that in common! And I can't cry anymore... I've shed my last tear for this place.

I thank Allah because Abu Musab wanted to die in battle and the air strike was a military operation that granted him Martyrdom. That was his wish.

I thank Allah because the issue over his suicide belt concerned me, so I was grateful that he was never given the need to use it. That was my wish.

I know some feel he should not have been killed, but rather captured and brought to trial. Be it known, he would never have found Justice in the courts of his named enemies and such a public display would have only humiliated him. I thank Allah for sparing him that.

I also thank the U.S. military for exercising restraint in their publication of his death. I asked that President Bush return his body to his family and that the King of Jordan allow his burial in Zarqa because no king has the right to place his pride above Shariah. I didn't care for the comment of 'staining Jordanian soil' either because we all know what is buried there...

No good will come from his death... It will not stop the wars and it will not end the suffering. Sorry, but he was not the cause of it... he was only the effect.

Ninth Scribe

Ghazi
06-11-2006, 06:48 PM
:sl:

The death of Abu Musab Al Zarqawi is not going to solve ANYTHING because the reason he was fighting in the first place is still present with us!
Excatly!!!!

Ninth_Scribe
06-12-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Excatly!!!!
So what have we learned here? I can't see past all the whirling emotions to find an ounce of wisdom in what has happened here. The only good I can find is in knowing the whole debate Rue spoke of (whether or not suicide belts were legal), was avoided - which comes as a relief because I've had enough of a time worrying about him when he lived. I didn't want to have to worry about him after he died as well. Of course, the King of Jordon isn't helping me out any there. Sigh!

----

Ninth Scribe

Ghazi
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM

Read the site it's intresting.

Ninth_Scribe
06-13-2006, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Read the site it's intresting.
I was supposed to do this years ago, but the wars caught me off guard and they continue to be a major distraction, but since there is such an out-cry for divine Justice and Judgement... well, enough said. The Judeans can have the land ~ but I assure you, it will be at the cost of their religion. Promise!

Now, if you'll all excuse me for awhile, I have some business to take care of.

Ninth Scribe

cleo
06-13-2006, 05:37 PM
I think the killing of Zarqawi is a conditioning for the minds, that it is a glorified killing and it is ok to kill..they praise this death, not the killing of Zarqawi itself, but, promoting a mind set for permission to kill, and torture. If it isn't questioned, it will go on and on. And no one soon cares, "conditioning."
Evil is, as evil does.

Ninth_Scribe
06-13-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cleo
I think the killing of Zarqawi is a conditioning for the minds, that it is a glorified killing and it is ok to kill..they praise this death, not the killing of Zarqawi itself, but, promoting a mind set for permission to kill, and torture. If it isn't questioned, it will go on and on. And no one soon cares, "conditioning."
Evil is, as evil does.
Excellent point. If this were truly the word of God (Justice)... Sorry, it's too much of a stretch on my state of being to believe God is that hormonal. I have always known him as Wisdom. The 'testosterone' seems to be coming from his kids! Oooops! Sorry, I'm not supposed to suggest that he had kids, so... Willful, mouthy, think-they-know-everything... creations ;)

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.