/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why is it every topic i start gets closed?!!

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-10-2006, 05:12 PM
:sl:
for every topic i start less than a day i get a message saying its been closed!! to that mohammed brother who closes it why did you close the parents involvent in marriage one??!! can we not have a simple conversation bout day to day happenings that is presented to muslim youths nowdays?? for crying out loud!!
to be quite frank i dont feel i had my say in that topic which was so rudely closed!! i didnt mean it in a way to slag our parents off but ISLAMICALLY TO FIND A WAY OF APPROACHING THEM AND MAKEING THEM UNDERSTAND US!!
anyways ....... to that person that said if i was from kurdistan yeh i am lol!! but im from slaymani!! so further south from duhok i believe!! anymore kurds here??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sonz
06-10-2006, 06:51 PM
salama

i will let mod reply but u shuldnt publically post this. u should have contacted the li staff.

and cant u read what headmod muhammad said

http://www.islamicboard.com/350075-post12.html

u shuld continue in the other topics cuz they both have the same subject

masalama

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-11-2006, 08:43 AM
oh my goodness what have i entered? some over sensitive place that you might as well just say nothing?? is this for real?? and i cant pm nobody aprently cos i need to have like 50 posts and more or something like that!! and whats the big deal bout posting something like this? sheesh... i came here to learn sometihng and all i have learnt is how so many like to put a lid on things rather than teach...

afriend2
06-11-2006, 10:34 AM
salaam,

i can understand youre slightly frustrated sister, but please remember that this site is not compulsory for us, it is here to help those who want it. the reason your threads were closed was probably because there was a similar thread already posted, where you can carry on talking about the matter which you want to discuss....to avoid the closing down of threads please make sure you search it just in case it has been posted previously.

Allahu Alam

wassalam :peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
06-11-2006, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*miz*kurdiya*~
oh my goodness what have i entered? some over sensitive place that you might as well just say nothing?? is this for real?? and i cant pm nobody aprently cos i need to have like 50 posts and more or something like that!! and whats the big deal bout posting something like this? sheesh... i came here to learn sometihng and all i have learnt is how so many like to put a lid on things rather than teach...
Mods,time for a rules-review?

(Yes sonz,i know,the Mods have more knowledge than me,its just a suggestion)

sonz
06-11-2006, 12:48 PM
salama

i think u can pm but only the headmodz and adminz and not full memberz.

x Maz x
06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Woh, people gonna cause a volcanic eruption in here, First and formost, Big up Sis! MashAlllah Nuff respect going out to you coming here ta give and attain dawah!...So respect, Listen just chillax and remember the breda had a reason ta close that, I am sure the mods dont go on a hype over closing topics for the fun of it...hmmm....well some mods might but ahem lol...Nah MashAllah Muhammad one of the supermods right? So erm he must have provided a reason for why he did, so please go read it, and while you are at it my beloved ukhty I would recommend reading the Li forum rules as then you know for future reference and knowledge what ta post and what to refrain from...Your first thread if am I am not mistaken was to do wit secatarian issues? If having read the rules you would have realised that no secatarian issues are allowed up for dicussions as it may cause fitnah and arguments etc...

I am not criticsing you just saying my opinion, In future it would be wise to contact breda Muhammad or one of the admins...InshAllah hope to see posts from you, and looking forward to your contributions Wa'AlaykumAsalaam Your sister in Islam Mariya , Take care x

habiibti
06-11-2006, 09:22 PM
To be honest,this "u r a limited member" line is getting on ma nerves too.

i`m trying to be patient but it frustrates me soemtimes esp.wen i wanna access something which seem beneficial.
i know we need rules to guide us but this is like crazy [MAD][/MAD]

no offence people,i`m just relaesing ma tention.
phew.

Woodrow
06-12-2006, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti

i`m trying to be patient but it frustrates me soemtimes esp.wen i wanna access something which seem beneficial.

phew.
Asalaamu Alaikum Uhkti,

When a person first joins this forum. It soon becomes apparant that it is not run in the same manner of many other forums. After you been here a short time you will realise that the Administrators and Mods, actually do know what they are doing.

This 50 post rule before being a full member will soon make sense to you. Plus, it really does not take long to do 50 posts. Many people do that the first day they join.

One thing that has become very apparant to me. Is that the developers of this forum are doing their best to keep an atmosphere of welcome to everybody. It is a very difficult task and they are often criticised for it. Perhaps, most people do not understand that it is very difficult to be tolerant and at they same time not to be apologetic or apathetic. I believe they are doing a fine job at it.

What is strange is some who join, feel the rules are much too lax and others feel that the rules are to dictatrial. Same words and actions are often perceived differently by different viewers.

I believe if you get involved in a few topics, honestly search for information and ask reasonable questions, you will find youself learning, teaching, sharing and enjoying.

Relax, Be patient.

habiibti
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Woodrow,thanks for taking ur time to respond,
i`m not calling their rules dictorial or anything of da sort.i`m sure they(mods) do one heck of a job to make this site wat it is,

i`m sure i`m gonna get used to da rules,actually have to in order to be part of this family.
i have never seen any forums site which has as tough rules and peolple all under it adhere and respect,i really appreciate that.

thanks again .

x Maz x
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Asalaamu Alaikum Uhkti,

When a person first joins this forum. It soon becomes apparant that it is not run in the same manner of many other forums. After you been here a short time you will realise that the Administrators and Mods, actually do know what they are doing.

This 50 post rule before being a full member will soon make sense to you. Plus, it really does not take long to do 50 posts. Many people do that the first day they join.

One thing that has become very apparant to me. Is that the developers of this forum are doing their best to keep an atmosphere of welcome to everybody. It is a very difficult task and they are often criticised for it. Perhaps, most people do not understand that it is very difficult to be tolerant and at they same time not to be apologetic or apathetic. I believe they are doing a fine job at it.

What is strange is some who join, feel the rules are much too lax and others feel that the rules are to dictatrial. Same words and actions are often perceived differently by different viewers.

I believe if you get involved in a few topics, honestly search for information and ask reasonable questions, you will find youself learning, teaching, sharing and enjoying.

Relax, Be patient.
MashAllah Akhi, Couldna said it better myself *salutes to Woodrow*...Well said breda, We must as members realise maintaining a nice atmosphere and enviornment for all faiths whilst portraying the message of Islam isnt an easy thing for the mods and admins..To be quite honest, it seems a very hard task to monitor the site and make up rules to suit everyone, So be patient with the brothers and sisters...They are afterall humans aswell, have saabr and faith in them and if there are any enquiries to why your thread was closed then InshAllah in my humble opnion I think it would be better left via Pm...JazakAllah Khair for your patience, Allah reward you and keep you all on deen-ul-haaq, Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

glo
06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
This is slightly off topic, but I didn't think it was worth starting another thread.
I can understand that threads get closed.
But I am sometimes baffled when threads are closed without any explanation. For example the 'Are some Christians afraid of debate' thread. I've read it through, but cannot glean any reason as to why it was closed.

Personally, I would appreciate it if mods could give an explanation - when appropriate and possible, of course. If only out of politeness to the one who started the thread.

Just a suggestion ...

Peace.

Far7an
06-12-2006, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
This is slightly off topic, but I didn't think it was worth starting another thread.
I can understand that threads get closed.
But I am sometimes baffled when threads are closed without any explanation. For example the 'Are some Christians afraid of debate' thread. I've read it through, but cannot glean any reason as to why it was closed.

Personally, I would appreciate it if mods could give an explanation - when appropriate and possible, of course. If only out of politeness to the one who started the thread.

Just a suggestion ...

Peace.
Thanks for the suggestion glo. I agree, it can be frustrating if you're in the middle of a debate/discussion and the thread is suddenly closed without any reason given. In some cases, the mods/admins temporarily close the thread to clean out any off-topic posts or posts that break any rules. Once a thread is closed, the thread starter will be notified via PM (automatically) of the closure. If they feel it was not justified they can discuss it with the mod/admin who closed it and he/she will be happy to offer an explanation.

On a final note, we are human and we do make mistake at times. I'd like to thank the vast majority of members for their patience and good manners.

Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Thank**

see he made a mistake ...he's human! :)

That's not fair bro Far7an your not menno change it, that was the first time i felt clever :(

glo
06-13-2006, 06:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Thanks for the suggestion glo. I agree, it can be frustrating if you're in the middle of a debate/discussion and the thread is suddenly closed without any reason given. In some cases, the mods/admins temporarily close the thread to clean out any off-topic posts or posts that break any rules. Once a thread is closed, the thread starter will be notified via PM (automatically) of the closure. If they feel it was not justified they can discuss it with the mod/admin who closed it and he/she will be happy to offer an explanation.

On a final note, we are human and we do make mistake at times. I'd like to think the vast majority of members for their patience and good manners.
Thank you, Far7an.

x Maz x
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
JazakAllah Fa7an for the explanation, Allah reward you, but a thought whilst your posting can go a long way and is beneficial to other users in board InshAllah...Lol @ Tasmiyah...buh yeh MashALlah you got a point there, we are humans and mods are trying to improve this site regardless of how good it is and by all means suggestions are wicked but before criticsing InshAllah think of how it is in their shoes ...I'm sowi if I've been a pain with ma criticisms hehe ...Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti

phew.

you get me??!!! i get pm's into my box and i cant reply!! but fair do's the heads of this site must have enough on his/her plate as it is
but im still angry >:/

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-13-2006, 02:42 PM
btw when and how can i change my avitar?

x Maz x
06-13-2006, 02:45 PM
If your angry then i suggest you make ablution InshAllah, Go to CP located at the strip of tabs at the top of the page in the corner and go to Edit avatar, I thinks thats right Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x

snakelegs
06-13-2006, 10:41 PM
you get me??!!! i get pm's into my box and i cant reply!! but fair do's the heads of this site must have enough on his/her plate as it is
but im still angry >:/
as for the pm's - you can't send any messages until you have reached 50 posts.

Pk_#2
06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Dun be angry sista :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.