star2005
06-10-2006, 09:04 PM
A Horrible* Fact about KFC

KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many
people,
day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they
are eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New
Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts. First of all, has anybody
noticed that just recently, the company has changed their name?

Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought
the
real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue.

IT'S NOT! !

The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word
chicken
anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use
genetically
manipulated organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes
inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their
structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone
structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is
great
for KFC.

Because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There
is
no more plucking of the feathers o r the removal of the beaks and feet.

The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say

chicken anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to
their commercials, I guarantee you will not see or hear the word chicken.

As a result, these so called KFC are not healthier and easily get affected
by bird flu disease, etc.. so please stop eating KFC, instead eat healthy
chickens.

I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know. Please
forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we make KFC
start using real chicken again.

Deidre Williams
Mis Tech, Boston/Hingham
Boston (617) 626-1295
Hingham (781) 740-1600 ext.112

For Muslims: Our muslims living in Dubai and Saudi Arabia say we are in
Muslim country. But its KFC's policy to get products from USA wherever they
open their franchize outlet, just to cut down their expensis they follow
their company policy. The bird which is not halal, eating is HARAM!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
06-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Is there any proof for this and I dont get how its haram
And do yall have a picture please I wannna see what they look like.

EDIT: I jus got why the title says is it true lol

Woodrow
06-10-2006, 09:17 PM
This is a story that has been around for a long time. It was disproven at least 3 years ago. the story continues to make the rounds.

Claim: KFC restaurants no longer use the word 'chicken' to describe their product because they serve meat from genetically engineered animals that the government will no longer permit to be referred to as 'chickens.'

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 1999]

KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many people, day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts.
First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently, the company has changed their name? Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue. It's not. The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is great for KFC because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks and feet. The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say chicken anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to their commercials, I guarantee you will ot see or hear the word chicken. I find this matter to be very disturbing. I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know. Please forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we make KFC start using real chicken again.

Origins: Every
fast food chain gets its own urban legend these days, from claims of worms in McDonald's hamburgers to roaches in Taco Bell tacos to snakes in Burger King's ball pits, we're determined to demonize corporate purveyors of cheap, industrial food products. It appears to be KFC's turn in the spotlight again (their original legend about the fried rat having become a bit long in the tooth), and they have become the proud owners of a legend intended to reflect another modern fear: genetically engineered food.

Versions of this legend have been circulating for several years now, as indicated by the e-mail's reference to Kentucky Fried Chicken's "recent" name change, an event that occurred 1991. Earlier versions of the tale featured six-legged chickens ("How do they taste?" "Dunno; no one's ever been able to catch one") or birds so plumped by chemicals that their gigantic breasts made it impossible for them to keep their balance well enough to walk.

Looking4Peace
06-10-2006, 09:20 PM
actually i was in a mcdonals with my friends and the chicken was rancid, these stories come from truthful experiences

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Looking4Peace
06-10-2006, 09:22 PM
and kfc is haram, mechanically slaughtered chickens, why is this even a question, do you think a muslim, jew or christian humanly slaughters them or that they are fed a proper vegetable diet?, yea just as much as perdue and the rest of these huge disgusting slaughter houses.

sapphire
06-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Thank Allah i dnt eat in these places......you dnt kno who to trust these days subhanallah !

Woodrow
06-10-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
and kfc is haram, mechanically slaughtered chickens, why is this even a question, do you think a muslim, jew or christian humanly slaughters them or that they are fed a proper vegetable diet?, yea just as much as perdue and the rest of these huge disgusting slaughter houses.
Asalaamu alaikum,

Excellent point. The statement is a moot topic to begin with. KFC chicken is haraam anyhow.

samsam
06-10-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
Thank Allah i dnt eat in these places......you dnt kno who to trust these days subhanallah !
Me too allhamdillilah you send this very useful info. may allah reward you

star2005
06-10-2006, 09:41 PM
yes i have kfc chicken pictures but do no know how to attach .i also want proof .wheather kfc is hallal or haram

Looking4Peace
06-10-2006, 09:46 PM
do you know the requirements for halal meat and are you a muslim because from my knowledge fast food chains are never halal

halal meat has to be slaughtered in a certain manner by preferably a muslim, but a jew or christian can be halal too under certain circumstances, cannot be fed a diet with any blood, meat or by products, vegetarian/grain only and cannot live in filth, has to be treated humanly during the time the animal is alive.

now do you really think a fast food chain like kfc cares about any of this? being that the average american eats this stuff, people that will eat just about any gross filth, how many people do you see who have to eat halal, kosher or just people who care about their health eating this slop?

Halima
06-11-2006, 12:26 AM
:sl:

Eat it at your own risk

:w:

snakelegs
06-11-2006, 06:05 AM
i have long ago stopped eating meat - not because i think eating meat is wrong, but because of the greed-driven horrible cruelty that goes on in the meat industry. it is truly disgusting.

NJUSA
06-11-2006, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i have long ago stopped eating meat - not because i think eating meat is wrong, but because of the greed-driven horrible cruelty that goes on in the meat industry. it is truly disgusting.
I eat free-range organic chicken whenever possible. "Halal" chicken should be held to that standard.

Mawaddah
06-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm reading a book now by Kevin Trudeau called "Natural Cures They dont want you to know About" and in this book he listed some very interesting facts about all these fast food chains like McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc.

He mentioned that Doctors performed a test on a perfectly normal 26 year old man, in which he was to eat fast food for 30 days, and in 30 days his liver had just about transformed into fat.....and the change in the mans body was drastic.
I wouldn't trust eating these fast foods anyway since they're all pumped full with chemicals and all sorts of nasty stuff

Like how Sis Halima said, eat it at your own risk.

BTW did you know that one milkshake from McDonalds has more than 16 teasps of sugar in it???.......Whoa.....no wonder people put on weight so fast these days.

sevgi
06-11-2006, 11:43 AM
kfcs not haram everywhere...depends on which country you live in...

star2005
06-11-2006, 05:00 PM
The Curse of Frankenchicken
From David Emery,
Your Guide to Urban Legends and Folklore.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
KFC serves up 'genetically manipulated organisms'
(Originally published January 1, 2000)

The Net rumor du jour, a forwarded email bluntly titled "Boycott KFC," urges us to think twice before buying a meal at KFC restaurants lest we end up consuming a product shockingly different from what we've been led to expect. Said product may look like fried chicken and taste like fried chicken — and it is fried, thank God — but it isn't chicken, the email claims. It is, in fact, a "genetically manipulated organism" so far removed from the real animal that KFC is legally forbidden to call it chicken. This is precisely the reason, supposedly, that Kentucky Fried Chicken, Inc. foreshortened its brand name to an acronym several years back.

Executives at KFC headquarters are aghast at the idea that anyone would take this seriously. When I asked Michael Tierney, KFC's director of public affairs, if there's any truth whatsoever to the allegations, he snapped back: "Of course not. Any thinking adult would know it's absolutely absurd."

Well, all right. But, for the sake of perspective, we are talking about the Internet, where just last year tens of thousands of credulous users besieged Honda's corporate Website with inquiries about a baseless email promising free automobiles to frequent forwarders. There is a lesson in this for Mr. Tierney, I believe.

'Chicken that Isn't Chicken'

Colette Janson-Sand, Associate Professor of Nutrition at the University of New Hampshire (where research proving the artificiality of KFC's products was allegedly conducted), says her department has fielded a flock of phone calls about the "chicken that isn't chicken" rumor, a few of which she described as "hysterical." The University wasted no time publishing a rebuttal on its Web site.

Back at KFC, Tierney was quick to point out (and it is easily verified) that although the company dumped its "Kentucky Fried Chicken" brand over a decade ago to emphasize product variety, it still uses the "forbidden" word ubiquitously in its advertising and in-store signage. Remember the recent TV commercial jingle, "We Do Chicken Right!"? That was KFC. The company's Web site makes reference to chicken on virtually every page.

Text of the Rumor

In spite of the fact that one of its two main allegations is so effortlessly disproven, the "mutant chicken" rumor as exemplified below continues to enjoy a phenomenal circulation (see following page for a six-legged variant):

Subject: Boycott KFC
KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many people, day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are eating?

During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts. First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently the company has changed their name? Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue. It's not. The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms.

These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is great for KFC because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks and feet.

Panatella
06-11-2006, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by star2005
A Horrible* Fact about KFC

KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many
people,
day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they
are eating? During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New
Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts. First of all, has anybody
noticed that just recently, the company has changed their name?

Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought
the
real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue.

IT'S NOT! !

The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word
chicken
anymore. Why? KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use
genetically
manipulated organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes
inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their
structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone
structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is
great
for KFC.

Because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There
is
no more plucking of the feathers o r the removal of the beaks and feet.

The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say

chicken anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to
their commercials, I guarantee you will not see or hear the word chicken.

As a result, these so called KFC are not healthier and easily get affected
by bird flu disease, etc.. so please stop eating KFC, instead eat healthy
chickens.

I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know. Please
forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we make KFC
start using real chicken again.

Deidre Williams
Mis Tech, Boston/Hingham
Boston (617) 626-1295
Hingham (781) 740-1600 ext.112

For Muslims: Our muslims living in Dubai and Saudi Arabia say we are in
Muslim country. But its KFC's policy to get products from USA wherever they
open their franchize outlet, just to cut down their expensis they follow
their company policy. The bird which is not halal, eating is HARAM!
First, I would like to apologize in advance, but this article is absurd. The whole "bio-engineered organism" idea is rediculous. It is silly in so many ways that it hardly warrants comment. The chickens are chickens. Yes, they are fed antibiotics, but they are still chickens.

KFC does not raise it's own chickens. They are in the business of cooking chickens, not raising them. In most countries, they have contracts with slaughter houses/processing plants that supply them. KFC is a high priority customer. They pay a premium to get the top quality product. Meaning, they get first pick, the best chickens.
I won't speak for all processing plants, but the one that I have been to handled the chickens humanely right up to the slaughter. They had soft, blue, low lighting to keep the chickens calm. They even had a time limit on how soon the chickens had to be slaughtered after arriving at the plant, in case they 'knew' what was going to happen(prevent prolonged mental anguish).
They were real chickens, with feet, feathers, and yes, beaks too.

Deidre Williams, the person that wrote the article, is in a propaganda war against KFC. Her and other PETA members have been spreading lies for years. Pamela Anderson was quoted as saying that they steamed the chickens while still alive to loosen the feathers. This is a blatent lie, and is humorous to anyone that knows biology, or has slaughtered any animals. If the chicken is steamed while alive, the skin will turn a bright, blotchy, very unapettizing red. In order for the skin to be the pale white/pink that you see on the market shelf, the animal must be dead, and completely bled before steaming.

I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know.
It is unfortunate that a liar is given the right to continue spreading lies.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.