/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Qur'an al-karim cannot be translated into any language, even into Arabic

selma1
06-10-2006, 09:57 PM
from
[Link Removed]

Bliss1,chapt 25
The Qur'an al-karim cannot be translated into any language, even into Arabic. It is impossible to translate any poem into its own language precisely. It can only be explained, interpreted. We should not read the Qur'an's translation in order to understand it. To understand the meaning of an ayat means to understand what Allahu ta'ala means through this ayat. A person who reads a translation of this ayat cannot learn murad-i ilahi (the divine purpose). He learns what the translator has understood according to his level of knowledge. And he who reads the translation written by someone ignorant or by an irreligious translator, learns not what Allahu ta'ala says, but what the translator, who assumes that he understands it, is expressing from his own thoughts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
limitless
06-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Salaam brother,

I have an arabic Al Qu'ran and another Al Qu'ran which is "translated" to (english) to understand it from that individual's perspective, and many people read it. So I preassume that no-one ACTUALLY knows what Allahu ta'ala said in Al Qu'ran ?? Many apologizies if i am incorrect please do correct me.

chacha_jalebi
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
no1 can understand the divine purpose :D

the Quran was revealed in arabic so why wud it need 2 b translated in2 arabic:? lol

we have bare tafseers of the Quran and each are different, so that shows that no1 only Allah (swt) knows the real true meaning!! as it says in the Quran Allah (swt) has the full knowlegde of the unseen & knowlegde of everythin!!!

afriend
06-11-2006, 02:30 PM
wa kazaalika anzalnaahu hukman 'arabiyyaa

"and we have revealed the wisdom (the Quraan) in arabic" (Quraan:wub: Love this ayah a lot too)

There are some ayaat which are easy to understand, and some which need more explanation.

e.g.

"do not kill your offspring in fear of poverty"

Very easy to understand!

And there are some like this:

"and divorced women shall wait (for marriage) 3 'Quroo''..."

The word Quroo' means menstural periods, now it is hard to tell that if Allah refers to the time after the periods or the time during the period...

But it has been deducted and deliberated by the 4 Imams (Abu Hanifah, Shaf'ee)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
selma1
06-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Only mujtahids can understand Qur'an
[LINK REMOVED]

What does ijtihad mean? Who is called mujtahid?
Chapt27

selma1
06-11-2006, 02:40 PM

[LINK REMOVED]

What does ijtihad mean? Who is called mujtahid?
Chapt27

HeiGou
06-11-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by selma1
[Link Removed]
If that were true Muslims would be in a bind wouldn't they? Because they could not approach their religion without mediation. They would need a mujtahid to stand between them and God's words. Wouldn't that be shirk? Isn't it more likely that all Muslims can understand the Quran it is just that some are marked by their piety and learning and so are better placed to interpret correctly than others?

UniversalTruth
06-12-2006, 05:26 PM
To say the Qur'an cannnot be translated is a dangerous thing. It implies that each may make of his translation what he will; to accept the words or to deny even the essence.

Take, for example, The Women, verse 93 (4.93)

Those who blow up bombs in Jordanian wedding parties, or in Mosques, or even target the nearly 100% Moslem Iraqi Police cannot say that Moslem deaths were accidental.

So instead they must argue that the words of this verse have been misunderstood; and that they know the true meaning.

For myself, I will not debate with Allah.

selma1
06-18-2006, 01:20 AM
we should learn true belief ,halal ,haram and fards(salat ,fasting .......) we cannot understand them from tafsir-ül Koran we should read ilm-i hal books for example Reddul Mukhtar(iİbni Abidin) , Fetava-i Hindiyye,Halebi-i Kebir we can find these precious books from endless bliss.

selma1
06-18-2006, 01:22 AM
This book that is endless bliss consists of writtings of ahla sunnat savants and Ibni abidin.There is sufficciently info about endless bliss book on the below.
Endless bliss consists of Five Fasicles
Salamun alaikum :)

ENDLESS BLISS

(Five Fasicles)

The following is a translation of the Arabic eulogy written at the beginning of the fifth edition of the book Se’âdet-i Ebediyye (Endless Bliss) by the late great religious scholar, the virtuous Hadrat Sayyed Ahmad Mekkî Beg:

Bismi’llâhi’r-rahmâni’r-rahîm ve bihî sikatî

All praise be to Allah who bestowed upon us what we did not know from beyan (expression and rhetorics). Peace and blessings be on our Sayyed Muhammad (alaihissalâm), who is the best and highest of all those who were given Fasl-ı khitâb and wisdom, and on his pure Ahl-i-bayt and companions who were chosen for him!

I have examined the book Se’âdet-i Ebediyye (Endless Bliss) written by the most virtuous of our age and the best of our time. I have found the knowledge of kalâm, fiqh, and tasawwuf (*) in this book. I have seen that all of these were collected from the books of those who obtained their information from the source of prophethood. There is not a piece of information or word which does not conform to the creed of the Ahl as-Sunna wal Jamâ’a in this book. May Allah reward the efforts of the Ahl-as-sunnat scholars and the author of this book! Amen!

O innocent youth! Obtain your religious and cultural knowledge from this fine and unique book which does not have and perhaps will not have a rival.

O my Lord! Make Huseyn Hilmi Isik, the writer of this valuable book, happy, blessed and prosperous! Amen! O my Allah! Be pleased with his mother, and father and his late and kind teacher. For the sake of the highest of all the prophets, accept this prayer! Amen!

7th July, 196729th Rabî’ul-awwal, 1387
Jum’a

The lowest of Born Servants,
Servant of Islâmic Scholars
Muftî of Kadıköy, Istanbul,
Descendent of Arwasîs

As-sayyed Ahmad Makkî Ucisik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*) Kalâm: (science of , the knowledge of) îmân (belief). in Islam.

Fiqh: knowledge dealing with what Muslims should do and should not do; actions, a’mâl, ’ibâdât.

Tasawwuf: (Islamic sufism as defined by Islam) knowledge and (after adapting oneself to fiqh) practice of the manners of the Prophet (’alaihi ’s-salâm) which strengthens îmân, makes the practice of fiqh easy and provides one to attain ma’rifa.

[CONTENT REMOVED]
And we can read the endless bliss book which is Five Fasicles from

[Link Removed]

we can read endless bliss book from HAKİKATKİTABEVİ part in serenityfountain.org city
Serenity Fountain e-mail group will send out e-mails daily to its members containing short passages that are needful for everyone from the books about Islam written by the Ahl as-Sunnat scholars. Moreover, an extra e-mail will be sent out on special occasions such as on Fridays, and other Islamic holidays.

([Link Removed]) is updated daily. At the Web site, you will find short passages that are needful for everyone from the books about Islam written by the Ahl as-Sunnat scholars, and hadîth-i-sherîfs of our Prophet (that is, his blessed words). Furthermore, you will also be able to download these books about Islam written by the Ahl as-Sunnat scholars, in ".html" and ".pdf" format to view them offline on your computer. You will also be able to download and listen the Qur'ân al-kerîm (the Holy Koran) and have an opportunity to learn how to read it. Later on, a glossary contains of English religious terms and their definitions will be provided at the Web site since we think that this feature will be very useful.

"One is together with the person whom one loves."
(Hadith ash-sharif)

Khaldun
06-18-2006, 01:52 AM
:sl:

Do not link to that website again.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.