/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff What Do You Think

MR_muslimah
05-16-2005, 10:34 AM
EVERY BEEN TO CARDIFF , WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE THINK OF IT :)

i can tell you one thing its the best city when cums down to the religon honestly i've been to sheffiled. london, bristol, manchester, liverpool, leeds, and non of them came even close,

i havent checked of birmingham though i herd its realy good as a matter of fact we had one shiek that came from birmingham the other day, is names abdul hakeem billal davies, his lectures are amazing, he gave a lecture in cardiff about salafee's and ho they are upon the write path.

cardiff all the way LOL : :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
05-16-2005, 10:55 AM
sorry bro never been to cardiff

أحمد
05-18-2005, 03:12 PM
:sl:

:D I used to live there around thirteen years ago (In Catheys; I can no-longer spell it), so it must have changed alot sinse :), it was a very clean :shade: place unlike Birmingham, but much more expensive :omg:. Also in those days there were some issues against Muslims; I remember when a Mosque was half blown up and the police said that you won't mis a broken brick or two. Sub-haanallah, went to Gladstone School. :p I moved to Swansea after that and it was overall abit better, but the environment as you see it; is no-where near as clean as Cardiff. Anyway; I shouldn't be writing my Biography so thats all . . . :zip:

:w:

Z
05-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Isn't Wales known for its Shia population?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
06-30-2005, 10:31 AM

Have you ever been Leicester? Thats the place to be ;)

NOTE: Try not to make this sectarian

أحمد
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

:) Never been, nor heard much about it . . . :p But might in the future Insha-Allah . . . :p

mary
07-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Heya!
Cardiff is a nice place to b. The shops are really kewl....
I visited the uni and met sum really nice muslim students there. There is a sense of togetherness between them which is really nice. Generally Welsh people are meant to b nicer anyway!
given all that though i still decided not to go there lol....... 4 no particualar bad reason just that it was a little to far from home!

mohakem
07-15-2005, 10:22 AM
As salamu alikum

Its a really good city, not too big not too small and the muslim population is good.

Cardiff UNI islamic society is very active, in fact there was a barbeque last week, about 30-40 peeps altogether including 2 imams all playing football!

Really good :thumbs_up

Wa alikum salam

TEH
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok, ive been everywhere, no where compares to London, sorry dudes...

:D

Muezzin
07-27-2005, 06:14 PM

Nothing compares to London, eh? As long as you don't go for a brisk jog down the concourse with your rucksack on, I'm sure it's fine and dandy. :)

And whoever said Leicester is where it's at is right.

Cardiff What Do You Think?
Too many Welshmen :p

TEH
07-28-2005, 01:09 AM
I wear a rucksak everyday on the bus and tube, and yeah, everything is fine and dandy...

and i mean wales is also full of sheep...

Muezzin
07-28-2005, 09:59 AM
TEH, you really better edit that 'sh' word before a Mod does. :p

TEH
07-28-2005, 12:18 PM
LOL, alright fine...

:p

Rabi'ya
07-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Assalamaulaikum

Cardiff rocks!!!! I lived in Roath for the past 3 years. Ive moved to my mums recently in west Wales but ill be back in Roath in september inshaAllah.

I love Cardiff....such a friendly Muslim community alhamdulillah, the other big cities are nowhere near as friendly. I go to Al Mannar mosque and sometimes Dar-ul-Isra.

I can never imagine living anywhere except Cardiff :D

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya :rose:

Rabi'ya
08-02-2005, 03:32 PM
*bump*

doesnt anyone else have anything to say about cardiff??

Rabi'ya:rose:

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 03:34 PM

Do the people speak with proper Welsh accents there? I love Welsh accents. They're so funny. Sometimes I watch Fireman Sam just to hear their accents ('Nor-man! Nor-man!')

Rabi'ya
08-02-2005, 03:36 PM
;D do u think theyre funny

:-[ I have a welsh accent. lol. born n brought up in wales. lived here my whole life :shade:

Yes the people in Cardiff do have a very distinctive welsh accent

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 03:39 PM

Wicked. I'm liking this place already.

Mohsin
08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
I've lived in cardiff all my life and i mostly disagree with people who have posted so far. Cardiff people definitely don't have welsh accents, its people from the valleys who have the cool accents
Da'wah and Islamic activity wise i think Cardiff is well behind other cities. I have met brothers who have gone to universities to loadsa other cities and they say they put Cardiff to shame
The good thing about Cardiff though is it is gettin better deen-wise particularly with Dar ul Minar and Dar ul Isra mosques, and the other good thing is the people here don't judge you on your religion. There's been very little retaliation from non-muslims here compared to other cities

TEH
08-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Welsh accents are soooooooo funny, absolutely brilliant, but anyway, my uncle just got married to a lady from cardiff...

azim
09-28-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm gonna start this thread again. I'm from Cardiff. Going to St. Davids ROMAN CATHOLIC college...thas right, I sold out. It's a great place to be, and a growing Islamic community alhamdulillah. So who else is from Cardiff?

TEH
09-28-2005, 10:23 PM
What do you mean you sold out???

:confused:

azim
09-28-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm just kidding. A few friends called me and the other muslims going to the Catholic college 'sell outs'. It's not really as if there was a Muslim alternative but the college is better than the secular ones in the area. There not too bad there. Just to mention - they sell halla chicken and lamb burgers in the canteen, but they fry it in the same oil as the bacon. I told my friend not to eat them since there not actually halal, and the chef cooked up (lol, pun) such a fuss shouting about me and bringin the box over to show me. I couldnt be bothered arguing back so I just let him embaress himself.

TEH
09-28-2005, 10:46 PM
LOL, ahh well, hey I go to a catholic school, and al hamdulillah my islamic society there ROCKS....

So, why dont you start up your own...

:)

azim
09-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Not enough muslims sadly. Well, theres enough muslims, but not enough practising muslims. Inshallah I was hoping of organising something for Ramadan. I have no idea if it would be successful or not.

It's great you have an Islamic society at your school though - managed to convert any ;)?

TEH
09-28-2005, 11:09 PM
Not yet, many interested though...

Ile tell you what, try and get some speakers to come, Im sure even the famous Muslims come to Wales, when they do, try and get them to come to your school and give a talk in a lunch time...

And start doing Dhuhr and Jumah at school...

baby_muslimah15
09-28-2005, 11:12 PM
Salaamz,Mr_Muslimah...But mulsimah is for a women

azim
09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I do Zhur at college...alone. No one wants to join me and theres only so much I can pressure them before I get aggressive reply. Alhamdulilla, for Jummah, every muslim in the school has the afternoon off on Fridays. Not by our request, simply by the will of Allah. Allahu akbar. Inshallah some more people come for Zhur prayer though.

TEH
09-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Al Hamdulillah, is it a college with a school???

azim
09-29-2005, 04:26 PM
College.

Beblessed
09-29-2005, 06:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

i used to live in leicester mashallah leicester is a small city but many muslims live there..but never been in cardiff

TEH
09-29-2005, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
College.
Oh ok, I have a lot of the younger kids in my society too...

TEH
09-29-2005, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
i used to live in leicester mashallah leicester is a small city but many muslims live there..but never been in cardiff
Minaz and Muezzin live there, need I say more???

Muezzin
09-30-2005, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Minaz and Muezzin live there, need I say more???

And Kadafi, and Farhan, and Muhammad, and Gaf-G, and Brother Mujahid, and Genius...

All your member are belong to us. :p

Umm Yoosuf
10-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Cardiff Masha Allah fisrt time I've heard of islam been well practised there.

TEH
10-02-2005, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
And Kadafi, and Farhan, and Muhammad, and Gaf-G, and Brother Mujahid, and Genius...

All your member are belong to us. :p
:omg: :omg: :omg:

Wow, I suddenly feel so alone...

:(

And hey you lot, the even I posted in the events section will be in Cardiff too...

Mohsin
11-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Salam just thouht i'd re-open this old post. We got Abdul Raheem been coming down aain. Us guys at Cardiff islamic society have oanised it and inshallah a lot of people will turn out.He is quite a famous speaker so inshallah it'll be good. It's an old topic -"Sex Drugs and Rock and Roll- Is there more to Life than this". People have told me he's done this talk before and it's meant to be good
So if any rothers from cardiff here should attend, wednesday 16th November in Maths building opposite Al Manar

Rabi'ya
11-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Is this talk for brothers only?! or sister too :D*looks hopeful*

if it is then ill go...but coem to think of it ive not, yet, read an email to say its for sisters and i guess id get it if it was for sisters too

Mohsin
11-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Assalam
No its for sisters too. All people are welcome. Sorry that's my fault in my post i was meant to say all brothers and sisters should come. Sorry.
It's a talk aimed at muslims who perhaps aren't practicing the deen as they should be. They may be going clubbin, enjoying student life etc etc
It could be muslims who envy the non-muslims who go out every weekend and think the are having a good time and may think they themselves are missing out
And also it's aimed at non-muslims who think all life is about is getting drunk and having a good time. This talks put a pespective to things inshallah
So inshallah invite others to come to this talk
I will be posting more details soon inshallah

Rabi'ya
11-13-2005, 12:06 AM
JazakAllah for posting brother. but I havent yet seen an email from the ISOC be sent out....will there be one following shortly?

Mohsin
11-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Inshlallah you'll get poster in next coupla days, it should be being emailed as we speak actually

For more info go to http://cardiffisoc.co.uk/abdulraheemgreen.jpg

Mohsin
11-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Salam sister Rabi'ya

The email has been sent out now, inshallah you'll have received it. Let me know if you haven't

W/Salam

Rabi'ya
11-14-2005, 09:17 AM
:sl: brother Moss

I have received the email. JAzakAllah for sending. inshAllah i will try my best to go and bring some friend too.

azim
10-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

Just reopen this old thread (for perhaps the 3rd time!).

Subhan'allah ... the last time people discussed on this thread was nearly a year ago!

Well Abdur-Raheem couldn't come down in Nov 2005 as he fell ill...but alhamdulillah, its November 2006 and we have him booked again!

Also, brother Mohsin is now head of the Cardiff ISoc so he will be able to give us full details about the talk insha-allah.

Sister Rabiya - will you be able to make it?

We also have lots of other events planned in Cardiff for the next few weeks.

Take care.

Asalaamu alaykum.

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MR_muslimah

i can tell you one thing its the best city when cums down to the religon honestly i've been to sheffiled. london, bristol, manchester, liverpool, leeds, and non of them came even close,

i havent checked of birmingham though i herd its realy good as a matter of fact we had one shiek that came from birmingham the other day, is names abdul hakeem billal davies, his lectures are amazing, he gave a lecture in cardiff about salafee's and ho they are upon the write path.

salam.
Bristol is the worse place trust me i live here && it's not a good place.
Birmigham is a good place Mashallah also of Qari's/Sheiks come there && Masjid Abu-Bakr is Subhanallah a wonderful mosque i know people whom live there && always talk about Birmigham && who came today which Qari came there && led Tarweh or which Sheik came there ....
mashallah a great place to live is Birmigham, even though it's not all that but better than Bristol!
w.salam

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 08:24 PM

I agree, Bristol is NOT a nice place. i lived there for a few months. I couldnt wait to leave

Brother Azim, Im not sure about the talk, inshAllah ill see. If you can post the details when they are available. Im not sure im on the ISOC mailing list any more - duno if u can ask bro Mohsin to add me again?

Whens the talk planned for?

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 08:26 PM
salam.
i hate Bristol it's worse than Bradford, i live here Bristol && trust is so bad! :offended:

whats Isoc??
w.salam

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Isoc = islamic Society

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Isoc = islamic Society

salam.
where is that? who is that? why is that? when is that? how is that? :D:D
w.salam

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 08:33 PM
:sl: sister

each university has a students union. and within the union are societies. If you contact your local university you may very well find out they have an islamic society which runs events, meetings etc.

My local uni is Cardiff, which is why i asked brother Azim or brother Mohsin to add me to the mailing list - as i live in cardiff and have attended some of the lectures/events in the past.

Sunflower
10-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Assalamaulaikum

Cardiff rocks!!!! I lived in Roath for the past 3 years. Ive moved to my mums recently in west Wales but ill be back in Roath in september inshaAllah.

I love Cardiff....such a friendly Muslim community alhamdulillah, the other big cities are nowhere near as friendly. I go to Al Mannar mosque and sometimes Dar-ul-Isra.

I can never imagine living anywhere except Cardiff :D

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya :rose:
ahhhh Darul Isra Mosque..ill never 4get that mosque we always used to go their when we were younger..i might hve grown up a bit but i remeber they used to do the best eid parties ever.

i was brought up i wales and although i live in london which has a very big muslim community mashallah i dont feel the closeness as i did with people in wales. and for all those people who say london rocks it may be a nice place to live but no city is better than CARDIFF - my home town!!!:happy:

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 08:38 PM
:okay: :okay: :okay:

really sis - u were brought up in cardiff? mashAllah. I was brought up in another part of Wales. but since ive been living here(approx 4 years now) its become my home. i LOVE cardiff. its such a lovely place to live. alhamdulillah i really feel happy in cardiff.

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 08:42 PM
:sl: sister

each university has a students union. and within the union are societies. If you contact your local university you may very well find out they have an islamic society which runs events, meetings etc.

My local uni is Cardiff, which is why i asked brother Azim or brother Mohsin to add me to the mailing list - as i live in cardiff and have attended some of the lectures/events in the past.

salam.
they don't have that in the Brdford one :rollseyes
w.salam

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 08:51 PM

they do sis

Bradford ISOC

Sisters Contact

Kittygyal
10-15-2006, 08:54 PM

they do sis

Bradford ISOC

Sisters Contact

salam.
EDIT SOWIEE!
w.salam

Sunflower
10-15-2006, 09:03 PM
:okay: :okay: :okay:

really sis - u were brought up in cardiff? mashAllah. I was brought up in another part of Wales. but since ive been living here(approx 4 years now) its become my home. i LOVE cardiff. its such a lovely place to live. alhamdulillah i really feel happy in cardiff.

yep i was born and bred there but moved about 5 years ago when i went to boarding school then came to london :D ....but i last went to cardiff in the summer coz all my family live there...

azim
10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

Sis Rabiya - insha'allah I'll ask Mohsin to add you again.

The date is early November, but I can't remember the exact date. Same talk (Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll) btw.

Yeah, alhamdulillah Cardiff is great. Although I think we could be so much better, theres a decent Muslim population but we're not as organised as other cities.

Btw - has anyone seen the renovated al-Minar - subhan'allah, stunning. It looks so much bigger as well.

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 09:34 PM
:sl: bro

is the sisters bit finished yet? I heard the brothers bit is massive now mashallah.(but obviously i havent seen it :uuh: )

jazakAllah kheir for adding me again, inshaLlah ill go as soon as i know the details. gota few weeks yet tho havent we so no rush. things usually get decided last minute in my life anyway loool

I agree - with a bit of organisation, Cardiff could be amazing, much better than it is. but i love the community feel of Cardiff. u dont get that in other cities.

azim
10-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

Yeah, the sisters bit is finished (but very recently). They've been having talks every Saturday there during Ramadan.

Rabi'ya
10-15-2006, 09:44 PM

oooh, ok. I didnt know. i asked someone, coz i went last 2 years for tarweeh there, but thought it wasnt finished so didnt go. Havent been well during Ramadhan now anyway so, probz wouldnt have gone.

Inshallah ill pop along soon and check it out. it better be good :D

Mohsin
11-05-2006, 12:16 PM

Yeah the talk is coming up insha'allah. It will take place next wednesday the 15th. Watch this space!

PS rabi'ya we are having trouble with the isoc mailing list. if u cud pm me or abdul azim ur email address i will add it to the new one iA. Out of interest, have you been receiving ANY sioc emails so far. It may help me to get to the root of the problem iA

Rabi'ya
11-05-2006, 12:38 PM
i had the one about the Eid gathering in swansea. but thats the only on e ive had recently. ill pm u my email address inshallah

azim
01-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Asalaamu alaykum.

Um...bumb...

Anyone new from Cardiff around here?

lolwatever
01-26-2007, 01:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MR_muslimah

all i know about cardiff is that my diploma came from there :statisfie:

azim
01-26-2007, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
all i know about cardiff is that my diploma came from there :statisfie:

Did you study there?

Sabbir_1
01-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Birmingham and Leicester

top cities in uk..

lolwatever
01-26-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Did you study there?
nope, but das where the International Baccalaureatte is based (well... its 2nd headquarters, the other being Geneve)

i done IB so yeh :D

:w: :)

SUMMAYAH
01-26-2007, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
Birmingham and Leicester

top cities in uk..
Every time I go Leicester, It feels like another country! Sommat like gujrat in India with all the peeps in the shops speaking Guji!
My sis who lives there is a fan of Molana Saleem Dorat.

azim
01-26-2007, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
Birmingham and Leicester

top cities in uk..
Asalamu alaykum.

I remembering visiting Coventry Road at B'ham, and at prayer time all the shops closed. I remember the mosque I prayed dhur at was packed to the brim - alhamdulillah, it was nice to see.

Leicester I've heard has a strong Islamic spirit - unfortunately I've only been to the sikh areas so I haven't had any first hand experience.

I think the nicest thing about Cardiff is that its developing its Muslim infrastructure, so you feel part of a growing and strengthening ummah.

Mohsin
02-14-2007, 11:06 PM
insha'allah theres an upcoming talk by cardiff isoc;

Sheikh Shady Sulleiman
Returning to Allah
Law Buolding
Park Place
Cardiff University

An inspirational talk from a powerful speaker, don't miss out!

Mohsin
02-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Assalamu'alaikum

Here are posters and details of our IAW

EDIT: The posters are coming out too big so instead here are the links

http://www.cardiffisoc.co.uk/IAW1copy.jpg

http://www.cardiffisoc.co.uk/IAW2.jpg

Try and come insha'allah and more importantly bring along other non-muslims

Wsalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.