PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Quiz



Aly
06-10-2006, 11:24 PM
:sl:

Lets start islamic quiz , after giving answer post your question which is realted to islam or islamic history !

Q: who is the first martyr of Islam ?

Allah Waris
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anonymous.92
06-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Sumayya RA How old was Fatima RA when she died?
Reply

Umm___
06-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
Sumayya RA How old was Fatima RA when she died?
29

How many children did the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) have? (name them)
Reply

manaal
06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Omar18
29

How many children did the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) have? (name them)
7, viz,
Fathima
Ummu Kulthum
Zainab
Rukkeiya
Cassim
Abdullah
Ibrahim

My Question:
Who was Musa (A.S) brother (also a prophet)?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
...
06-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by manaal
Who was Musa (A.S) brother (also a prophet)?
Haroon (A.S)

What are the months in the islamic calendar (name them)?
Reply

era
06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Dhul Q'adah
Dhil Hijjah
Muharram
Rajab

right?
Reply

era
06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
:haha:
Reply

jameelash
06-14-2006, 03:50 PM
one should ques only if they know the answer.o.k wat is Asharul Haram?
Reply

era
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by zÂk
ok... i confirmed...
sis era was right
ha ha i know:statisfie
Reply

era
06-15-2006, 06:11 PM
:sl:

ok

easy one

which sahabi is called as saif ullah?
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
06-15-2006, 06:33 PM
:sl:

Khalid ibn Waleed (Radiallahu Anhu)...
Reply

era
06-15-2006, 06:36 PM
next que plz sis?:)
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
06-15-2006, 06:39 PM
:sl:

Um.. :) Okay easy one. :p

After what incident did Sayyidina Abu Bakr earn the title as Siddiq?
Reply

era
06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
incident of meraj rigt?:)
Reply

BlissfullyJaded
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
:sl:

Yes. Your turn. :)
Reply

era
06-15-2006, 06:47 PM
which sahabi was similar like as haz mohammed(saw)?(saheed in battel of uhad)
Reply

amirah_87
06-15-2006, 08:33 PM
similar in which ways ukhti....in his looks!!:? or.........
Reply

era
06-16-2006, 10:40 AM
similar face sis:)
Reply

Dhulqarnaeen
06-21-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by era
similar face sis:)
:sl:
Its Ali bin Abi Thalib.
Who is the first woman in Islam who go with the mujahideen and crossed the sea in jihad for the first time?
Reply

era
06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
:sl:
Its Ali bin Abi Thalib.
wrong ans
Reply

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 12:04 PM
ok might it be Ja3fer ibn abi taalib....or either hassan and hussain!!!
Reply

era
06-21-2006, 12:12 PM
no sis wrong

i have told in the ques he was saheed in battle of uhad:)
Reply

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 12:13 PM
ok...shaheed!!!........lemme think !! ;)
Reply

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
:sl:
Its Ali bin Abi Thalib.
Who is the first woman in Islam who go with the mujahideen and crossed the sea in jihad for the first time?
umm salamah
Reply

lolwatever
06-21-2006, 12:17 PM
WHATTT YOU SERIOUS?? woww

mashalha she must have been really old by then.
Reply

amirah_87
06-21-2006, 12:17 PM
...........Sis era plz give us clue!!
Reply

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
WHATTT YOU SERIOUS?? woww

mashalha she must have been really old by then.
I think it was her-no-one's confirmed it for me!
Reply

era
06-21-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
...........Sis era plz give us clue!!
clue arrrrrrrrrrm:rollseyes ok

when he(companion) was matryed in the battle of uhad a news was spread
in the companion of haz mohammed(saw) that propht mohammed(saw) himself was matryed instead of him as he resembled prophet mohammed(saw).:)
Reply

amirah_87
06-22-2006, 01:25 PM
ok i think it's......... mus3ab ibn 3umair!!!!
Reply

era
06-22-2006, 01:59 PM
right sis:)

ok next?
Reply

amirah_87
06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

ok.....insha'allah

how many different types of shirk are there...and can you name all of the please..

barakAllaahu feekum!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Reply

era
06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
:w:

1-Shirk in Ruboobeeyah
(A) Shirk by Asso-ciation
(B) Shirk by Negation

2-Shirk in al-Asmaa was-Sifaat
(A) Shirk by Humanization
(B) Shirk by Deification

3-Shirk In al-Ebaadah
(A) Ash-Shirk al-Akbar (Major Shirk)
(B) Ash-Shirk al-Asghar (Minor Shirk)

4-Ar-Riyaa

right?
Reply

amirah_87
06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
yeah that's a couple of them but there's much much more sis ? :)
Reply

amirah_87
06-24-2006, 10:04 AM
you give up sis!!!.......shall i post in the answers??
Reply

lolwatever
06-25-2006, 11:27 AM
shirk il-uloohiyyah
shirk al-akbar
shirk al-asghar

wat else? umm..
Reply

amirah_87
06-25-2006, 04:35 PM
Ok then ppl here they are :

1) Shirk ar-Rubuubiyyah
2)shirk al-aluuhiyyah
3) Shirk fil al-asmaa wa as-sifaat ( the names and attributes)
4) Shirk akbar
5) Shirk asqar
6) Shirk khaffee (hidden)
7) Shirk i3tiqaadey ( in the belief..eg..for sum1 to believe that there is sum1 other than Allah who creates )
8) Shirk.. (serving parcitcal purposes to one other than Allah..eg: slautering )
9) Shirk laftee (verbal...swearing by other than Allah)
10) Shirk at-tashree3 wal-haakimiyyah
11) Shirk al-mahabbah ( to love someone like you love Allah or more )
12) Shirk al-khawf wal-khashyah ( to be scared of sum1 other than Allah..jinn , the dead..etc0
13) Shirkal-qasd wal-iraadah
14)Shirk at-Taa3ah
15) Shirk ad-dawah....

Ibnul qayyim rahimahullah says: There are alot of types of Shirk ... no one's able to enumarate them other than Allah !!


NEXT QUESTION PLZ PPL !! :)
Reply

lolwatever
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
lol veeeery true that's what i was thinking lol

umm ok i wanna ask a question.. umm what was the "harshest" form of martydom that the prophet himself hoped he wouldnt go through?

hint: dying in the battlefield isn't the only form of martydom in Islam.
Reply

Nusaybah
06-27-2006, 05:04 PM
dying in the ocean????
Reply

amirah_87
06-27-2006, 10:42 PM
is it ..dying whilst giving birth!!! :?
Reply

lolwatever
06-28-2006, 01:56 AM
nusaybah, nope but close.. hint: "what are the '3 elements'' lol... lol or think captain planet :p

amirah, nope.. hint: the prophet hoped he wont go thru it, (its unlikely a guy would need to hope he wont hav to die coz of giving birth)
Reply

Malaikah
06-28-2006, 02:02 AM
being burned alive? :?
Reply

lolwatever
06-28-2006, 02:08 AM
Originally Posted by cheese
being burned alive? :?
aha! yeh correct mashalah lol
Reply

Malaikah
06-28-2006, 02:15 AM
:sl:

cool :D

next question: who are the 2 greatest men in this ummah after muhammad pbuh?
Reply

lolwatever
06-28-2006, 02:15 AM
is it Abu Bakr and Umar?
Reply

Malaikah
06-28-2006, 02:17 AM
yep!
Reply

lolwatever
06-28-2006, 02:19 AM
salamz
lol cool wat a guess

ok a hard one, initially how many people will give bay'3ah (allegience) to the mahdi before the miracle happens (whent he army attacks and they get swallowed up)?

salamz
Reply

Malaikah
06-28-2006, 03:45 AM
313?
Reply

Nusaybah
06-28-2006, 03:55 AM
yeah it's 313, man u beat me to it:grumbling ;D
Reply

Malaikah
06-28-2006, 04:04 AM
:sl:

hehe cool i googled it ;)

um ok: which prophet had amazing patience even when God made so many bad things happen to him to prove to shaytan that this prophet was a true believer?
Reply

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 04:05 AM
:sl:

Hmm.. Prophet Ayyub (as) Shu'aib (as) ?
Reply

Malaikah
06-28-2006, 04:11 AM
:sl:

yeh it was ayyoub pbuh.. next question?
Reply

lolwatever
06-28-2006, 05:42 AM
lol yeh 313 is the answer -just saw the answers now.. both correct-

umm... name the miracle that will cause the downfall of dajjal. Afterwhich all his power is gone.

ps: lol thats very good.. i thought it'd take a few pages b4 ne1 would get the answer 4that lol
Reply

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 05:46 AM
:sl:

is it when he kills a man and brings him back to life and attempts to do it again and allah taa'la strips his powers?
Reply

lolwatever
06-28-2006, 05:52 AM
close, but what's the miracle?

ps: its a young boy not a man.
pps: offtopic - somali cricket team, that's new to me lol. cool
Reply

Abdullah4ever
06-28-2006, 06:01 AM
:sl:

THe miracle (I was never good with aqeedah classes) hmm.. can u give me a hint
Reply

saidaharther
06-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
close, but what's the miracle?

ps: its a young boy not a man.
pps: offtopic - somali cricket team, that's new to me lol. cool
salam alaikum
he will be unable to damage his neck?
salam alaikum
Reply

amirah_87
06-28-2006, 02:03 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

ok i think i know.....maybe not all of it though, ok he attenpts to kill this boy by cutting his head off or sumthing, but then Alllahu subhaanahu wa ta3aala turns his next into steel so he's unable to cut through!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Reply

lolwatever
06-29-2006, 02:23 AM
ws wr wb
lol yep!! brass to be precise (nuhaaas)
Reply

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 02:22 PM
ass salaamu aalykum...

ok then looks like next question's on me!!....

Who were the three sahabas mentioned in the Quraan who did not go to qazwat at-tabuuk??
which surah in the quraan is this mentioned in??
and the first letters of each of their name's makes up a name of sumthing...(in arabic)...What is it??

wa alaykum ass salaam
Reply

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
^ Oh Dang.....I'm so bad at names Amirah so I can't answer the first and third question :-[

But it's mentioned in Surah Tawbah

Ok someone else answer the other two insha'allah!!
Reply

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 03:41 PM
ass salaamu alykum

^^^^^ this was a famous D.J question!!!!... wait till i tell our teachers Maw and the shiekh!!!

looks like it's my turn to tell you to do your muraaja3ah and pull the books out ...LOL!...:giggling:
Reply

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 03:57 PM
:'( :'( Please dont tell Umm Salamah and Aisha about me!!! I was an itsy bitsy little girl then you cant blame me really ;D

Anyway I'm bad at all names Princess, not only those :p

So who are they then?
Reply

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
ass salaamu aalykum

hey it's only been an hour..i'll see if sumone else can get it sis!! :)

wa aalykum ass salaam
Reply

era
06-29-2006, 04:26 PM
:sl:

Who were the three sahabas mentioned in the Quraan who did not go to qazwat at-tabuuk??
kaab bin malik(raz)
hilal bin umayya(raz)
murara bin rabi(raz)

right sis?
and the first letters of each of their name's makes up a name of sumthing...(in arabic)...What is it??
:?
Reply

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Oh Masha'allah so those are the names :-[ I knew there was a Ka'b in there but I wasn't sure
Reply

era
06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
but what is the third question sis?
Reply

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by era
:sl:



kaab bin malik(raz)
hilal bin umayya(raz)
murara bin rabi(raz)

right sis?

:?
ass salaamu aalykum

yeah sis maahsallah..that's right!!....now try makin' a word using the arabic letters outta their names!!...(the first letters)

wa alaykum ass salaam
Reply

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 04:32 PM
^ Is it Kammah Princess?
Reply

era
06-29-2006, 04:33 PM
hkm-order:?
Reply

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 04:34 PM
no sisters ..:giggling:...a name of a holy place...
Reply

Mawaddah
06-29-2006, 04:35 PM
OH!! MAKKAH!!! dumbbbbbb meeeeeeee ;D

Kammah is a word too though :p
Reply

era
06-29-2006, 04:36 PM
MAKKAH!!
oh yah:giggling: :giggling:
Reply

era
06-29-2006, 04:39 PM
next

who was the father of ummul momineen umme habeeba?
Reply

amirah_87
06-29-2006, 04:40 PM
hahahaaa......yeah it's Makkah!!...
next questionppl
Reply

era
06-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by amirah_87
hahahaaa......yeah it's Makkah!!...
next questionppl
who was the father of ummul momineen umme habeeba?
Reply

Nusaybah
06-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Abu Sufyan bin Harb
Reply

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 10:35 AM
ass salaamu aalykum

So!...was she right Sis Era!! :?

wa aalykum ass salaam,
Reply

era
06-30-2006, 10:54 AM
ya right

next plz?:)
Reply

era
06-30-2006, 11:14 AM
plz next question?
Reply

amirah_87
06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
oh ok sorry !!!!........ how many sahaabas by the name of usamah are there?
Reply

era
06-30-2006, 04:18 PM
aaaaaah
how many:uhwhat

i know only usama bin zaid+o(
Reply

lolwatever
06-30-2006, 08:48 PM
one?
Reply

era
06-30-2006, 08:53 PM
you know other sahaba by the name usama:rollseyes
Reply

Nusaybah
07-01-2006, 12:12 AM
not me, anyone else:rollseyes
Reply

era
07-01-2006, 06:44 AM
sis amirah plz tel us the other names no one know:X
Reply

amirah_87
07-01-2006, 09:57 AM
ass salaamu alaykum sisters!

OMG did i ask for usama's....sorry sisters i meant the ZAYD'S....

sorry for that, got confused with usamah bin zyad's second name!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Reply

era
07-01-2006, 12:18 PM
ZAYD'S....

ok.

zaid bin sabit(raz)
zaid bin haris(raz)
zaid bin abu sufyan(raz)
zaid ibn arqam(raz)
zaid ibn khittab(raz)

right?
Reply

amirah_87
07-01-2006, 10:00 PM
right sis maahsaAllah!!

next quest!!
Reply

Taqiyah
07-01-2006, 10:23 PM
:salaam:

:grumbling What was the name of the man who said to the Prophet(saw) "Itaqi Laah" "fear Allah" and then the Prophet(SAW) said to him who else is gonna fear Allah if I don't.:? and the man just walked away from the prophet...
Reply

mirza123
07-01-2006, 11:25 PM
sorry g.................
Reply

lolwatever
07-02-2006, 12:21 AM
the khawarij guy.. 4got his name, the prophet after that said 'from his offspring will come a people who (and he gave their descriptiopn)

teh guy himself was bold, had a high cheekbone, sunken eyes...

i THINK his name was abdullah ibn something.. cant recall
Reply

umm-sulaim
07-02-2006, 12:46 AM
His name was dhul khuwaysirah, theres 2 of them so don`t get mixed up, one was the bedoiun a3raabi, who urinated in the masjid of the prophet sallahu alayhi wassalm,then theres this one the khaarijee, they're called the baa'il and saa'il, the urinator and the questioner.
The prophet sallalahu alayhi wassalam said, " 7 people (types of people) will be shaded by Allah , on a day that there will be no shade save his........alhadeeth"
Who can mention the 7 people?
Reply

lolwatever
07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
1. a person who refused to commit zina with a beautiful woman..
2. a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah
3. a personw ho gives charity, his left hand not knowing what his right gave
4. a just imam
5. someone who remembered Allah in secret and wept from rememberance of Allah
6.
7.
Reply

NEM
07-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
His name was dhul khuwaysirah, theres 2 of them so don`t get mixed up, one was the bedoiun a3raabi, who urinated in the masjid of the prophet sallahu alayhi wassalm,then theres this one the khaarijee, they're called the baa'il and saa'il, the urinator and the questioner.
The prophet sallalahu alayhi wassalam said, " 7 people (types of people) will be shaded by Allah , on a day that there will be no shade save his........alhadeeth"
Who can mention the 7 people?

(1) a just ruler;
(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;
(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given(i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."
Reply

NEM
07-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by NEM
(1) a just ruler;
(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;
(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given(i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."
Who is the Muslim of whom that I am grateful to have witnessed in my life?
He sings "God is the Light"
Reply

lolwatever
07-02-2006, 01:55 AM
^^ thx 4 completing the answer lol.. i so4got the other two.. *dammit*

can u xplain ur question a bit more? who is 'I' n wat do u mean by 'sing god is light'?

thx
Reply

NEM
07-02-2006, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by lolwatever
^^ thx 4 completing the answer lol.. i so4got the other two.. *dammit*

can u xplain ur question a bit more? who is 'I' n wat do u mean by 'sing god is light'?

thx
I as in me: NEM [my username]
"God is the Light" is a "Nasheed"
Look in the Audio/Video Segment under the Media Tab.
Listen and watch the clip.
Then you can answer his name.
Reply

Muslim Soldier
07-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
How old was Fatima RA when she died?
Originally Posted by Umm Omar18
29
I dont thik this is correct. Fatimah ra died only six months after the Prophet at the age of 18
Reply

Nusaybah
07-02-2006, 04:32 AM
ok the new q
Reply

umm-sulaim
07-02-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by NEM
(1) a just ruler;
(2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood),
(3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque);
(4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only;
(5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah;
(6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given(i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity).
(7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."
Allah the sublime says in the qur`aan: and verily its not the eyes that are blind,but the hearts which are in the chests"
"verily Allah guides those who he wishes"
Reply

learningislam
07-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by NEM
Who is the Muslim of whom that I am grateful to have witnessed in my life?
He sings "God is the Light"
well.....i know that........He is Yusuf Islam.........and i too, really like his nasheeds.
Reply

era
07-03-2006, 05:49 AM
:sl:

next question is

in which battle khaled bin waleed was rewarded with the title of saif ullah?
Reply

Nusaybah
07-03-2006, 05:51 AM
muta?
Reply

era
07-03-2006, 05:52 AM
yes
give the next
Reply

Nusaybah
07-03-2006, 06:06 AM
This companion was a disbeliever for 60yrs and a believer for 60. He was also related to the Mother of the Believers Khadijah. Who is He?
Reply

era
07-03-2006, 01:22 PM
haz anas bin malik:? (not sure)
Reply

Nusaybah
07-04-2006, 05:42 AM
no guess again
Reply

era
07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
:sl:

arrrrrm ok give some clue:?
Reply

Nusaybah
07-04-2006, 05:00 PM
during the boycott against Bani Hashim and Bani Abdul Muttalib, he sneaked food for the Prophet and his family.
Reply

amirah_87
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
ass salaamu alaykum...

was this ibnu 3abbaas..or bilal!!

wa alaykum ass salaam
Reply

lolwatever
07-05-2006, 05:47 AM
more like '3ABBAS??

ibn '3abbas wasn't even born then
Reply

Taqiyah
07-05-2006, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by Nusaybah
This companion was a disbeliever for 60yrs and a believer for 60. He was also related to the Mother of the Believers Khadijah. Who is He?

i am not sure but is it Khazima ibnu Hakim????
or Waraqah Ibnu Nawfal?? I am gonna go with the second one.....or....uh well..
Reply

umm-sulaim
07-05-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm thinking hakeem bin hizaam, he was old, radhiyAllahu anhu. and if i'm not mistaken khadija was his auntie, but i'm not sure if she radhiyAllahu anhaa was his maternal aunt or his paternal aunt.
Reply

Nusaybah
07-06-2006, 06:19 AM
correct umm sulaim
Reply

umm-sulaim
07-06-2006, 08:45 AM
OK next question is:
who was ka'ab bin alashraf, and name the comapinions that killed him, and if you can the story of how he was killed.
Reply

Nusaybah
07-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf was a Jewish leader who incited the disbelievers against the Prophet and instigated against the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet asked who can kill him and Masalamah r.a. and Abu Naila r.a. killed him.

FROM BUKHARI VOLUME 5, #369
"Narrated Jabir Abdullah: "Allah's messenger said "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His apostle?" Thereupon Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's messenger! Would you like that I kill him?" The prophet said, "Yes". Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka'b). The prophet said, "You may say it."

Maslama went to Ka'b and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad) demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) [taxes] from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Ka'b said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!" Maslama said, "Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food." Ka'b said, "Yes, but you should mortgage something to me." Maslama and his companion said, What do you want?" Ka'b replied, "Mortgage your women to me." They said, "How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the Arabs?" Ka'b said, "Then mortgage your sons to me." They said, "How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people's saying that so and so has been mortgaged for a camel load of food. That would cause us great disgrace, but we will mortgage our arms to you."

Maslama and his companion promised Ka'b that Maslama would return to him. He came to Ka'b at night along with Ka'b's foster brother, Abu Naila. Ka'b invited them to come into his fort and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, "Where are you going at this time?" Ka'b replied, None but Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Naila have come." His wife said, "I hear a voice as if blood is dropping from him." Ka'b said, "They are none by my brother Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.

Maslama went with two men. So Maslama went in together with two men, and said to them, "When Ka'b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strike him. I will let you smell his head."

Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Maslama said, "I have never smelt a better scent than this." Ka'b replied, "I have got the best Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume." Maslama requested Ka'b "Will you allow me to smell your head?" Ka'b said "yes." Maslama smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka'b again, "Will you let me (smell your head)?" Ka'b said "Yes". When Maslama got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions) "Get at him!" So they killed him and went to the prophet and informed him."
Reply

umm-sulaim
07-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Ahsanti, nice one sis, i beleive the next question is yours.
Reply

umm-sulaim
07-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Nusaybah
Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf was a Jewish leader who incited the disbelievers against the Prophet and instigated against the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet asked who can kill him and Masalamah r.a. and Abu Naila r.a. killed him.

FROM BUKHARI VOLUME 5, #369
"Narrated Jabir Abdullah: "Allah's messenger said "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His apostle?" Thereupon Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's messenger! Would you like that I kill him?" The prophet said, "Yes". Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Ka'b). The prophet said, "You may say it."

Maslama went to Ka'b and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad) demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) [taxes] from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Ka'b said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!" Maslama said, "Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food." Ka'b said, "Yes, but you should mortgage something to me." Maslama and his companion said, What do you want?" Ka'b replied, "Mortgage your women to me." They said, "How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the Arabs?" Ka'b said, "Then mortgage your sons to me." They said, "How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people's saying that so and so has been mortgaged for a camel load of food. That would cause us great disgrace, but we will mortgage our arms to you."

Maslama and his companion promised Ka'b that Maslama would return to him. He came to Ka'b at night along with Ka'b's foster brother, Abu Naila. Ka'b invited them to come into his fort and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, "Where are you going at this time?" Ka'b replied, None but Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Naila have come." His wife said, "I hear a voice as if blood is dropping from him." Ka'b said, "They are none by my brother Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed.

Maslama went with two men. So Maslama went in together with two men, and said to them, "When Ka'b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strike him. I will let you smell his head."

Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. Maslama said, "I have never smelt a better scent than this." Ka'b replied, "I have got the best Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume." Maslama requested Ka'b "Will you allow me to smell your head?" Ka'b said "yes." Maslama smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka'b again, "Will you let me (smell your head)?" Ka'b said "Yes". When Maslama got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions) "Get at him!" So they killed him and went to the prophet and informed him."
The companions that went with ka3ab were: 3abbaad bin bishr,salkan bin maslamah (ka3abs foster brother) and al-harith bin aws (his the one that got injured by the sword, after returning to the prophet he alayhi salaatu wassalaam put his saliva on al-hariths wound and it healed on the spot) and lastly 3abs bin 7ibr.
Reply

Nusaybah
07-07-2006, 05:22 PM
in Bay3atul Aqabah Thaani, there were 73 men and 2 women. Who were the two women who gave the pledge to the Prophet that day?
Reply

hamidah
01-01-2007, 03:16 AM
salamz

the two women Nusaibah bint Ka‘b from the Najjars and Asma’ bint ‘Amr from Bani Salamah
Reply

fatimabilals
02-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Assalamualaikum
I believe it is your turn sister
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 10:20 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 11:47 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 08:26 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-30-2004, 12:45 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!