/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I love being a Muslim because...

Ferrari1981
06-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Salaam Peeeps

I love being a Muslim because... it feels deep in my mind and heart about our way of life, and though raised Muslim; I did my own research on Christianity, Judaism and Islam... Islam appealed to me more due to its closeness to Allah (swt) and the steps we had to do were much clearer since it was the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) we had to use as our role model... Islam is a simple, peaceful and understanding religion even though there are differences of opinion on certain matters.

Qadr is the most important thing I’ve learnt though seeking advice from Yusuf Estes who told us that its not freewill but free choice… Qadr (fate) is written by Allah (swt), but we still do have ‘Free choice’ not freewill… now I understand the meaning and I will implement this into my life… My future though planned by me (my personal preferences) I understand my dreams will change due to Qadr and free choice (Allah (swt) is the best of planners) but at least I have a rough guide about what I plan to achieve and where.

For the past few weeks I’ve been thinking very hard about my future and my Deen. I’ve been having many dreams about death and my future life. My ambitions in life were to learn Tajweed (for Qur’anic purposes), Arabic (for visiting Arab countries), Gujarati (for marriage purposes) and cooking (for survival techniques) together with Qur’an and my Deen of Islam as a whole. Quite recently due to certain circumstances death has been on my mind a lot and though it doesn’t mean much to you, I’m quite afraid of the future and what it holds, not just for me but my family and friends and the whole Ummah…

Seeing young religious Muslim couples with their children really inspires me towards my Deen and to this day I’ve helped many children world wide via Daw’ah.

May Allah (swt) guide us all on the right path and grant everyone’s wishes here and in the afterlife, AMEEN

Anyway you guys take care; I hope to hear from you soon. Jazakallah for your patience in reading this... it may not have answered the question but it’s just a reflection on life...

Ma'asalaama

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
06-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Quoting You:

"May Allah (swt) guide us all on the right path and grant everyone’s wishes here and in the afterlife, AMEEN"

That is probably the most we can ask for and it is really all we need. You have a good insight on life. Your post is very interesting. I hope all comes to be for you.

manaal
06-14-2006, 07:55 AM
I love being a Muslim because...
Islam is a beautiful religion
Islam tells what to do in every situation
Islam protects women and their rights
Islam is an ongoing relationship between God and man
The beauty of Islam is not being appreciated in many parts of the world due to the un-islamic acts of groups of people in the name of Islam. This sadddens me.

To truly understand Islam we have to be pure in heart.

manaal
06-19-2006, 11:44 AM
This thread should have more posts. I would like to thank ferrari1981 for starting it and more people should post there replies!

C'mon, what do you love about being Muslim?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
06-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I LOVE BEING A MUSLIM!!!!! Because....

Islam is so perfect and so complete and its just beyond expression!!

Ghazi
06-19-2006, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
I LOVE BEING A MUSLIM!!!!! Because....

Islam is so perfect and so complete and its just beyond expression!!
:sl:

Since when did you get back, anyways welcome back.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-19-2006, 02:18 PM

Becoz:
Its the only way to have Allah on ur side, and wivout Allah... lol... :thumbs_up goodluck!

:w:

------
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Tru....It says in the Qur'an...

[PIE]If Allah helps you then no-one can overpower you, but if
He should abandon you, then who is there to help you?

Qur'an, Surah 3, Verse 160[/PIE]

IbnAbdulHakim
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
^ and rememba wen a man held a man held a sword to rasullulah saws neck and said "who will protect u now...", wat did rasullulah saws say? "ALLAH!!!!!"

------
06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
U mean this Hadith....

[PIE] Jabir ibn 'Abdullah reported that he went on an expedition with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in the direction of Najd. When the Messenger of Allah returned, he returned with him. Midday overtook them in a valley with a lot of large thorn-trees in it. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, alighted and the people split up to seek the shade of the trees. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, alighted under a tree and hung his sword on it. We went to sleep and then the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, called out to us. There was a bedouin with him and he said, 'This one unsheathed my sword against me while I was asleep. I woke up and he had it unsheathed in his hand and he said, "Who will protect you from me?" I said, "Allah" three times.' He did not punish him, but sat up." [Agreed upon] [/PIE]

IbnAbdulHakim
06-19-2006, 02:26 PM

The one i read was put a bit diff but im gessin thats from miskaat due to the "agreed upon" which means its by both bukhari n muslim i presume. MashAllah sry 4 not quotin it when i mentioned it.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I love being a Muslim because Islam rocks, and therefore Muslims rule.
Allahu Akbar!:D
W'salaam

------
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
[BANANA]** Allahu Akbar **[/BANANA]

The Ruler
06-19-2006, 04:00 PM

i luve bein a muslim....cuz wen eva i think bout it, i find peace inside me...it also helps me calm down loads of tyms :happy: ...

------
06-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Exactly Taggy!! Am so with u on tht one!

habiibti
06-19-2006, 04:06 PM
when i thank Allah da most for making me a muslim is,when i see them kufaar doing something very disgusting or inhuman.
wat i love most abt being a muslim is,we have a purpose in life,and with Allah on our side,insha Allah we will accomplish it.

May Allah make us among those He is most pleased with. Amin

DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Alhamdulilahi SubhanAllahi

Indeed Allah has bestowed upon us the best of gifts one can receive on earth!
islam we should Thank Allah every breath we take that we are muslim!

REPSTER
06-19-2006, 07:47 PM

I love being a muslim because islam is the most just and best religion.
and it is the direct way to paradise.

being a muslim u will always have peace (depends on how close u r to god):brother:

Abdulwaheed
06-20-2006, 03:14 AM
I love being a muslim because Islam gives me hope

Salah ad-din
06-20-2006, 03:57 AM
I love being a Muslim, because, I mean what else is there better to be other than a Muslim?

mujahedeen2087
06-20-2006, 05:06 AM
because i dont have to worry as much as i used to about the future.

i_m_tipu
06-20-2006, 05:21 AM
:love:I love being a Muslim Bcoz ------------- I
:love: It running on my blood ------------- N
:love: Islam gives me destiny ------------- S
:love: Gives me aim of life ------------- AL
:love: It's give me knowledge ------------- L
:love: Gives me straight way of life ------------- A
:love:Prevents my heart frm cursing ------------- H

snakelegs
06-20-2006, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ferrari1981
Salaam Peeeps

I love being a Muslim because... it feels deep in my mind and heart about our way of life, and though raised Muslim; I did my own research on Christianity, Judaism and Islam... Islam appealed to me more due to its closeness to Allah (swt) and the steps we had to do were much clearer since it was the prophet Muhammed (pbuh) we had to use as our role model... Islam is a simple, peaceful and understanding religion even though there are differences of opinion on certain matters.

Qadr is the most important thing I’ve learnt though seeking advice from Yusuf Estes who told us that its not freewill but free choice… Qadr (fate) is written by Allah (swt), but we still do have ‘Free choice’ not freewill… now I understand the meaning and I will implement this into my life… My future though planned by me (my personal preferences) I understand my dreams will change due to Qadr and free choice (Allah (swt) is the best of planners) but at least I have a rough guide about what I plan to achieve and where.

For the past few weeks I’ve been thinking very hard about my future and my Deen. I’ve been having many dreams about death and my future life. My ambitions in life were to learn Tajweed (for Qur’anic purposes), Arabic (for visiting Arab countries), Gujarati (for marriage purposes) and cooking (for survival techniques) together with Qur’an and my Deen of Islam as a whole. Quite recently due to certain circumstances death has been on my mind a lot and though it doesn’t mean much to you, I’m quite afraid of the future and what it holds, not just for me but my family and friends and the whole Ummah…

Seeing young religious Muslim couples with their children really inspires me towards my Deen and to this day I’ve helped many children world wide via Daw’ah.

May Allah (swt) guide us all on the right path and grant everyone’s wishes here and in the afterlife, AMEEN

Anyway you guys take care; I hope to hear from you soon. Jazakallah for your patience in reading this... it may not have answered the question but it’s just a reflection on life...

Ma'asalaama
respect! even though you were raised a muslim, you actively chose it yourself - by doing the research and making a conscious choice instead of just following it automatically.
you have a lot of goals and with your attitude, i think you will succeed.
i think it is only natural with what is happening in the world, to feel anxiety about the future.

lolwatever
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
because i don't have double vision about what im aiming for.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
respect! even though you were raised a muslim, you actively chose it yourself - by doing the research and making a conscious choice instead of just following it automatically.
i think it is only natural with what is happening in the world, to feel anxiety about the future.
Same for me. I was raised Muslim, but I knew next to nothing about Islam. After going to a minor pilgrimage I did the research myself, and alhamdulillah i'm where I am today.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
:peace:

in that case respect to every member of this foruM!! lol coz thats the reason im sure they all join! learn about there religion, and choose it 4 themselves :thumbs_up :D

------
06-20-2006, 10:28 AM
learn about there religion, and choose it 4 themselves
I get the learn bit but choose it for themselves....:?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
I get the learn bit but choose it for themselves....:?

I mean they truelly believe and CHOOSE to follow it whole heartedly, not coz der parents said so! lol

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Yeah that is what iman is all about. Anything for the sake any but Allah shall not be accepted.
W'salaam

x Maz x
06-20-2006, 11:31 AM

In the name of Allah, Most Mericiful Most Kind,

Why I love being a Muslim eh?..Well you want ma life story? u got it lol…
Truthfully I didn’t really have an interest in seeking ilm, giving and attaining dawah a lil wile ago, the more I learnt through peepz n through forums wallahi, made meh realize the true essence of our religion, It bought me closer to ma roots, closer to deen-ul-haaq and gave me a sense of wha I my soul purpose in life is…it gave me something to aim for…
Implementing and enacting the requirements set by Allah [swt] is something I always found hard buh SubhanAllah it made me realize that Islam is not only a religion but is a complete way of life, it covers every aspect in life and sets down rules to help us attain Allah’s reward i.e. Jannah and just knowing that bought a peaceful reassuring feelin in ma heart…

Learning about other religions akhi through school and again forums etc is something I myself found quite interesting…considering the fact I said I didn’t really have an interest in dawah etc however quite ironic that during discussions I was all tuned in and ready to go lol buh yesh looking and trying to understand beliefs from other religions isn’t both an eye-opener buh really does make one reflect on the beauty of their own deen subhanALlah, All praise be due to Allah…
Seeing so many reverts turn back to Islam is something that makes one ponder, really does give a sense of peace and harmony, I tort to maslf, well subhanAllah if they coming back to Islam tis surely some beauty in it? Verily Allah guides whom He wills and lets lead astray whom He wills!...

Yano without Islam I aint got nothing...You live ta die…
I think my greatest inspiration is personally been a sister I know and my mum, MashAllah Allah bless them, they shown me right from wrong and guided me at times of hardships, they bought to show me that despite this pithole of a dunya we are in, if u come back to Islam, come bk to Allah surley ur heart wil feel at easy, After pain is sweet relief…
I gotta give credit wer tis due *sighs* lol…This breda in particular, SubhanAllah, May Allah bless him…Bare respect goin out fo’ u, he opened ma eyes up to bare tinz and MashAllah taught me stuff that I din initially know…An as I said, I appreciate dese peepz cause witot em I woodna b hu I am now n I woodna realize de true beauty of r relijin enit…

Anuva tin is yano that fealin of hope and realiance? Especially when u down? That feelin where no matter how much the people of this worl can get u down u stil have Allah? Well that, Havin that man …wow cant even explain it, SubhanAllah tis heviiii…Beyond expression :’(…Infact naaah wait, I fort up of sumin to sum it up :D…All I have is Allah and Islam? Lol…Fine think up of sumin beta *sticks tongue out* lol…

In conclusion…
I love being a Muslim, because, I mean what else is there better to be other than a Muslim?
[SubhanAllah Akhi (Salah ad-din), I aint tryna pull this of as ma words…unleeeeeess I do a runner, then u cant sue meh muhahahaha lol…Nah MashAllah I really coudna put it better myself, I cant imagine ma life without Islam, it gives me a reason to live…And ta think wa I would be otherwise *shudders*…Yesh infact I cant think wah I would be otherwise, Glory be to Allah who bought me closer to the deen ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR!]

I hope Allah makes u all successful in every aspect of life and ease ur calamities and make tha trials of this worl and Akhirah easy fo’ u Ameen thumma Ameen!...Hope u maintain a hi level of health saabr and Iman,

Wa’AlaykumAsalaam Wa’Rahmatullahi’ Wa’Barakathu x

------
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Maz..........ReSpEcT! That's like......really gud Masha'Allah!!

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 12:24 PM
Yeah mashaAllah.... although the pink hurt my eyes lol.
W'salaam

snakelegs
06-20-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

in that case respect to every member of this foruM!! lol coz thats the reason im sure they all join! learn about there religion, and choose it 4 themselves :thumbs_up :D

good point. so many people (of all religions) just follow the religion of their parents automatically.

Ferrari1981
11-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Some very good responses... anyone else id like to hear more on this... it can be inspiring?

zircon
11-04-2006, 06:46 PM
i love being muslim because it helps me love myself, and being muslim is good that it makes us THINK before we do anything.. also, being grateful in any situation. AND... being able to praise and submit to Allah, the One who creates us and gives us everything. Thank You Allah!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I love being Muslim because of everything Islam gives us by Allah(swt) and His beloved Messenger(saw). I too knew not much in the past, now that I look back. I also chose for myself and not because my parents told me. I followed like that in my childhood until recently. Now my mind has opened up about everything. I thank Allah(swt) for guiding me and giving me such parents, MashAllah :)Not one day goes by where I am not thankful and thankful for being born a Muslim. I can't imagine how it would be if I wasn't. Lol i feel emotional now :p

Ferrari1981
11-04-2006, 06:56 PM
BTW just to note that when you guys mention messengers and etc... please add the following in brackets:

Prophet (PBUH)

Allah (SWT)

Jazkallah its called respect we do it for our prophets but not allah (swt) would be just more respectful so yea continue... :D

InToTheRain
11-04-2006, 07:00 PM

I love being a Muslim because people make space for me when I am on the plane and I always get "randomly" selected for a search which is a very injoyable experience as they rub your legs, feet, hand etc <--- THIS IS MY REAL REASON D*MN IT!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-04-2006, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah

I love being a Muslim because people make space for me when I am on the plane and I always get "randomly" selected for a search which is a very injoyable experience as they rub your legs, feet, hand etc

LOL! ok so whats your real reason? ;D

Al-Zaara
11-05-2006, 03:40 PM

Masha'Allah, what a very nice thread. :)

I love being Muslim because... I've found THE everlasting love and friendship in Allah (swt). :wub: Whenever I feel alone or sad, I just remember Allah (swt) and I feel so strong, subhan'Allah.

I've found something I can't explain in enough words, and Islam lead me to the truth, alhamdulillah. :)

How greatful I am for being a Muslim. This dunya has nothing to offer me now, when I've found the most everlasting thing: love for Allah (swt).

They may destroy my reputation and my home
They may take my family, my friends and my life.
What they will never take,
Is my love for Allah (subhana wa taala)
That's something I've found by myself,
It was not there when I came here,
So now I will always say;
It's the only thing, I will never give away.

lol My pathetic try to write a piece of my feelings in poetry. :p Bare with me guys.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
11-05-2006, 07:13 PM
no00o sis. Nothing is pathetic when someone writes it with their heart. It's nice :)

Al-Zaara
11-05-2006, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
no00o sis. Nothing is pathetic when someone writes it with their heart. It's nice :)
lol Yeah, you're right... lol :)

Woodrow
11-05-2006, 07:32 PM
I love being a Muslim because it allows me to be a slave of Allah(swt) and not of a church.

It gives me the freedom to be responsible for my own actions, not the forgiveness of another human.

It gives me the chance to welcome prayer and not see it as a ritual.

Being Muslim grants me total freedom by being a willing slave of Allah(swt)

I know I have the duty to question all things and accept because I believe, not because I need to please an authority.

Ferrari1981
11-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Some amazing answers... anyone else?

Inspire yourself...

Umar001
11-23-2006, 11:36 PM
I love to be a muslim because...

I am guranteed 5 clear appointments with my Lord with brothers there

My Lord will listen to anything I say and He is closer to me than my veins

Because Jesus, peace be upon him, was Muslim so inshaAllah Imma meat him in Jannah

I have an endless pleasure in seeking knowledge which helps me to understand my Lord and His ways better

Angelzz
11-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Even though ive only been a muslim for 3 going on 4 days.

I love being a muslim because i feel more at peace, calm and a more stronger - willed person.
I love being a muslim because i now KNOW things for a FACT that i wasnt sure on before.
I love being a muslim cause islam has given me more confidence and a new set of eyes to look at this world not just see it through rose coloured glasses.
I love being a muslim because i have gained knowledge of the truth and with truth and knowledge u become wiser.
I love being a muslim because islam answers all the questions in life and the hereafter (all my unanswered questions i had all my life about the world and religion - ISLAM answered them to my satisfaction as well).
I love being a muslim because i am surrounded by warm and friendly and peaceful and loving brothers and sisters who welcomed me with open arms into their family.
I love being a muslim because i now know what i have to do to be with Allah in the hereafter.
I love being a muslim because Im finally with all my heart HAPPY and know my purpose in this life.
I love being a muslim because i have a never ending passion and love for ISLAM which is so suprising - its like a fountain inside me i never knew i had.
I love being muslim because i can go on for hours and days telling u how much i love being a muslim.

Umar001
11-24-2006, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Angelzz
I love being muslim because i can go on for hours and days telling u how much i love being a muslim.
Oh man I forgot that one lol

------
06-24-2008, 01:13 PM
:salamext:

BuMpInG this up for the NeWcOmErS...

nocturne
06-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I love being a muslim because...

its only way to have a relationship with god.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.