/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Christians afraid of debate?

Immunity
06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
I have made numerous accusations on the Bible, and yet Christians fail to answer them! They divert the topic by criticizing Islam. <edit>

Here are some examples:

1.) The Bible says the world is flat

2.) Christians criticise the Prophet for having slaves, yet the Bible allows daughters to be sold to slavery.

3.) Christians critisize the Prophet for have numberous marriages, yet their Bible says that Solomon had over 700 wives and was still not happy!

4.) The Bible is so incoherent that its impossible to say its the word of God (ex. It says that Earth will never be destroyed but later says that Earth will be destroyed at Armageddon).

5.) The Bible encourages mass murder:

Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household'". (Matthew 10:34-36 NAB)

6.) Bible intolerance in many quotes such as:

When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you may nations...then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them and show them no mercy." Deuteronomy 7:1-2, NIV

7.) Numerous evidence that Jesus was not son of God.

And so on....

NONE OF THEM HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!

<edit>

mod note - I have edited part of this post and moved to comparative religion section(Rabi'ya)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
06-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Applauses to you good brother...

Their own religion preaches many bad things...yet they say that Islam is corrupt.....they should look at their own selves....but then again....Christianity has been changed and moulded to suit everybody's whims anf fancies..:(

Vishnu
06-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I did not know Soloman was a prophet... I thought he was just a king... Am I wrong... I am not to knowledgeable in this subject.

Ghazi
06-11-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
I did not know Soloman was a prophet... I thought he was just a king... Am I wrong... I am not to knowledgeable in this subject.
:sl:

He was a Prophet.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
06-11-2006, 07:23 PM
This in retaliation to the thread ''Are Muslims afraid of debate?''

afriend
I dunno....I just saw it..:)

Might be...I suppose

Immunity
Idk about Christianity, but he's a prophet of Islam. So is David.

Ghazi
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
:sl:

How about the mods merge both threads, and the christians and the muslims have a debate?

Immunity
06-11-2006, 07:27 PM
David had 18 wives and over 50 concubines.

And yet Christians critisize polygamy!

Vishnu
06-11-2006, 07:30 PM
So Christianity should not critisize polygamy? They should embrace it? Is this what you are saying?

Damn it feels wierd defending a religion you don't believe in....

AvarAllahNoor
06-11-2006, 07:40 PM
So Christianity should not critisize polygamy? They should embrace it? Is this what you are saying?

Damn it feels wierd defending a religion you don't believe in....
You don't have to believe in a religion in order to defend it. All you need is knowledge.

afriend
06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Wise words :)

Immunity
06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I am saying that its double standard to crticize polygamy when their own religious leaders are the biggest polygamists in history!

Immunity
06-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Lets merge the two threads. I want by question answered by REAL Christians! Not by Muslims, Hindus, or Sikhs....

afriend
06-11-2006, 07:55 PM
why don't u ask one of the MODS?

Hijaabi22
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
this shud be interestin.........jus listen 2 dr zakir naik man NOONE CAN ANSWER 2 HIM MAN HE TOO GUD

Joe98
06-11-2006, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Immunity
David had 18 wives and over 50 concubines.
And yet Christians critisize polygamy!

David was not a Christain, he was a Jew.

Joe98
06-11-2006, 10:29 PM
4.) The Bible is so incoherent that its impossible to say its the word of God
Its is NOT the word of God.

Chrisatains know it is NOT the word of God

Only Muslims believe it is the word of God

Immunity
06-11-2006, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
David was not a Christain, he was a Jew.
What I posted was in the BIBLE. It doesnt matter if he was Jewish. This thread is about the Bible, and I am posting accordingly.

Immunity
06-11-2006, 10:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe89
Its is NOT the word of God.

Chrisatains know it is NOT the word of God

You atheists never learn. You said that in another thread and I have refuted it from a Christian site. Stop being foolish, Christians believe Bible is the literal word of God.

Joe98
06-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Re: marriage

Christains follow secular laws, not biblical laws.

If David were around today he would be charged with a crime

Immunity
06-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Christains follow secular laws, not biblical laws.

If David were around today he would be charged with a crime
And thus today's Christians are neglecting the supposed "Word of God."

Joe98
06-11-2006, 11:06 PM
7.) Numerous evidence that Jesus was not son of God.

Over the last 2,000 years theologans have studied the bible in its original greek or latin or hebrew. Different books were written in different languages.

They concluded he is the son of God.

Are you a theologan? How about you take your concerns to the Vatican?

Can you read ancient Greek, Latin and Hebrew?

Why is your conclusion different to thr experts?

Joe98
06-11-2006, 11:08 PM
And thus today's Christians are neglecting the supposed "Word of God."
Its not the word of God

Christians consider the Bible a book.

Laws are made by the state.

Immunity
06-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Over the last 2,000 years theologans have studied the bible in its original greek or latin or hebrew. Different books were written in different languages.

They concluded he is the son of God.

Are you a theologan? How about you take your concerns to the Vatican?

Can you read ancient Greek, Latin and Hebrew?

Why is your conclusion different to thr experts?
Over the last 2000 years, the Bible has been distorted numerous times.

Its not the word of God

http://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-God-Word.html

Satisfied? Christians DO believe in the word of God.

duskiness
06-12-2006, 04:33 AM
Its not the word of God

thx, Joe. :)

i checked yesterday "The New Jerome Biblical Commentary" (with imprimatur). They even don't recommend using term "word of god" to bible without any privious, serious, teological thought..

Immunity - You have aksed the same question on other thread. I answerd it as i could. You didn't like it???
n.

Joe98
06-12-2006, 04:51 AM
Satisfied? Christians DO believe in the word of God.
Perhaps I can try to understand you.

You seem to be saying as follows: "Christains believe the Bible is the literal word of God but Christains refuse to follow it".

Is this your meaning?

north_malaysian
06-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Why debate - if we can discuss? There is no special cup or gifts to be won for debates - just escalate hatred to each others.

Trumble
06-12-2006, 06:24 AM
You atheists never learn. You said that in another thread and I have refuted it from a Christian site. Stop being foolish, Christians believe Bible is the literal word of God.

Some Christians do believe the Bible to be the literal word of God, rather more do not. There are a great many Christians, and numerous sects and denominations. You will "refute" nothing by referring to "a" Christian site.. all that will show is the opinion of the author or sect/denomination the author belongs to.

ummAbdillah
06-12-2006, 05:50 PM
salaam
we belive that the bible is no longer the pure word of god because it has been changed.
wa salaam :)

Kidman
06-12-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Some Christians do believe the Bible to be the literal word of God, rather more do not. There are a great many Christians, and numerous sects and denominations. You will "refute" nothing by referring to "a" Christian site.. all that will show is the opinion of the author or sect/denomination the author belongs to.
Ya, there's too many different sects and beliefs of christains to say anything.

If you say Christians believe one thing, then there will be a sect that doesn't believe that... you wont know who to debate and will be spinning in circles. If you want to debate or dialog with a christain, do it with one, not a group, if you do it with a group you will have the christians end up debating amongst themselves about who is right and who is wrong.

Immunity
06-12-2006, 06:24 PM
No wonder why there are so many sects .... they Bible is so that people are no longer inclined to believe its the literal word of God.

duskiness
06-12-2006, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman

If you say Christians believe one thing, then there will be a sect that doesn't believe that... you wont know who to debate and will be spinning in circles. If you want to debate or dialog with a christain, do it with one, not a group, if you do it with a group you will have the christians end up debating amongst themselves about who is right and who is wrong.
haha.. quite true ;) but still i believe that there is something one can call "mainline christianity" (orthodox, catholic, lutheran, abnglican, methodists, presbiterian). Add to this pentacostal movment & evangelical christians and you have 90% of this religion.
n.

Immunity
06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Jesus -- God of Peace?

I think NOT!!

Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword. For I have come to set a man 'against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and one's enemies will be those of his household'". (Matthew 10:34-36 NAB)

Kidman
06-12-2006, 07:53 PM
I just did a little research on this quote... and looked up the whole section... pretty interesting read:

Passage Matthew 10:30-45:
30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
32"Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. 33But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.

34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her motherinlaw—
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'[a]

37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

40"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."
the part where he said "anyone who doesn't take his cross and follow me...." is interesting... i don't know much about the history of this, but was the cross something significant before Jesus's (pbuh) death???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.