/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bored

AnonymousPoster
06-11-2006, 09:59 PM
:sl:

I'm seriously bored all the time, there seems to be nothing to do. I don't have many friends, because I tend not to like relying on people, because people can seriously stab you in the back. But I want to do interesting, constructive things, with my time. Any suggestions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aly
06-11-2006, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I'm seriously bored all the time, there seems to be nothing to do. I don't have many friends, because I tend not to like relying on people, because people can seriously stab you in the back. But I want to do interesting, constructive things, with my time. Any suggestions?
Be Happy and Offer Prayers and Think positive.. thats the best way to keep ur self satify , try to keep u busy

Hajar
06-11-2006, 10:10 PM

Yeah try to keep yourself busy.. go do sports! Thats a good way to make friends too inshaAllah.

:w:

Aly
06-11-2006, 10:13 PM

Bro what kind of friends you looking for , may be i can help u or cheer u up :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Daffodil
06-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Asalamulaikum

Best thing to do is plenty of dhikr of Allah, keep on top of ur prayers, read lots of books on islam, take up caligraphy or something creative like that.

Also the best thing wud for u to do wud be to induldge urself in some islamic activities, take part in organising islamic events, organise islamic events ur self along with the help of other brothers/sisters u may know from the masjid etc. Also getting ur self involved with islamic activities will create loads of new contacts for u, ull meet loads of other practicing brothers/sisters.

Visit relatives, get married, have babies that will take u out of ur boredom inshallah

Asalamulaikum

06-12-2006, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Asalamulaikum

Best thing to do is plenty of dhikr of Allah, keep on top of ur prayers, read lots of books in islam, take up caligraphy or something creative like that.

Also the best thing wud for u to do wud be to induldge urself in some islamic activities, take part in organising islamic events, organise islamic events ur self along with the help of other brothers/sisters u may know from the masjid etc.
yep i totally agree sis

chacha_jalebi
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
yesh i agree wit d daffodil sista :D

also bro run round, jump up & down jus live d life and smile!!! :D :D :D:D:D:D:D:D

anonymous
06-12-2006, 01:40 PM

Do Zikr Insha'Allah...and pray to Allah swt....that's the best thing anyone can do in their spare time!

chacha_jalebi
06-12-2006, 02:03 PM
yup zikr read nafl prayers :D, study islam :D

eat, drink :D say chanks 2 Allah (swt) :D jus b happy :D

Nawal89
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
get married, have babies that will take u out of ur boredom inshallah
that option is not available for plenty people right now. :rollseyes:

amirah_87
06-12-2006, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
that option is not available for plenty people right now. :rollseyes:
HI THERE NAWAL!!.........^^^^^^HOW CUMS??

Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 10:36 PM
in that case adopt em...babies so cute!!!!!!!!!

hidaayah
06-13-2006, 02:07 AM
read islamic books maybe..thats the best past time for me and u can even listen to audio islamic lectures.
wasalam

lolwatever
06-13-2006, 10:57 AM

You don't hav to rely on friends just because you have friends. I dont think you should look at people that negativly coz really not everyone is like that... It's important to mix with good people (even if they hav shortcomings, as we all do), otherwise its easy 4 you to drift off into your own world without anyoen to keep you on the straight track...

Also try find a hobby, you know.. reading, art, horse-riding, sports.. im sure there's something out there that will appeal to you.. and excel in it. At same tiem don't let it take too much of your time... you know, ther'es other important stuff out there 2b done too..

Come up with idea's, projects, schemes... trust me there's alot to be done and explored :) Don't let a few arguments or disagreements put u off from making friends :) we all make mistakes.. the best way is to keep your side clean and let people know what you thinkof them if u hav any concerns..

anyways hehe all the best :thankyou:

maryam (",)
06-15-2006, 07:53 PM
find something you enjoy doing and volunteer your time

snakelegs
06-15-2006, 09:05 PM
you can try to learn a foreign language - if you're muslim, you might want to study arabic. maybe you can take classes where you live.

Xara
06-17-2006, 12:45 AM

Learn Arabic? If don't already know it. Find out if there are any classes near where you live. :)

Protected_Diamond
06-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Advice Concerning the Usage of Time

Written by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-'Uthaymeen
Taken from: Kitaab-ul-'Ilm, Pgs. 204-205

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-'Uthaymeen was asked:

"What are your guidelines concerning usage of time, and protecting it from being wasted?"

He answered saying:

"It is necessary for a student of knowledge to protect his time from being wasted. Time-wasting occurs in a number of ways:

1. That one leaves learning and revising what one has read.

2. That one sits with his friends and indulges in vain talk which contains no benefit.

3. This is the most harmful of them upon a student of knowledge: That he has no concern except pursuing people's statements, [for] "maa qeela wa qaala (what was said and what he said)", and [for] "maa hasala wa maa yahsul (what occurred and what is taking place)", regarding an issue of no concern to him.

No doubt, this is from a weak Islaam, as the Prophet (sall-Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "From a person's good Islaam is to leave that which doesn't concern him."

Busying oneself with "Qeela wa qaala (what was said and what he said)", and excessive questioning are time-wasters. In reality it is a disease which, when it comes into man - we ask Allaah for well-being - it becomes his greatest concern. He may show enmity to one who does not deserve enmity, or he may ally one who doesn't deserve alliance due to concerning himself with these issues, which busy himself away from knowledge, with the pretext of "championing the truth", while this is not the case.

Rather, this is pertaining to occupying oneself with an issue which does not concern him.

If a report comes to you, without you having pursued it or sought it, then all people receive news but they don't busy themselves with it, nor does it become their greatest concern, because this occupies the student of knowledge. It corrupts his affair, and opens for the Ummah the door of Hizbiyyah (partisanship) then the Ummah will split.

The Prophet was reported to have said,
"There are two blessings in which people are cheated: health and leisure time." (Al-Bukhari)

And Hassan al-Basri rahimahullaah would say, describing the salaf,
“I saw those people - and how they were more careful about their time than about their dirhams and deenaars".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.