/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do people make it sound as though Islam is strict?

Helena
06-12-2006, 09:22 AM
:sl:

i have realised this particular situation across the world, esp where am living! People simply think islam is absolutely strict and apparantely it dsnt allow certain thing that many people want to perform, it seems thou as they are grewing apart frm islam and taking the understanding of islam the wrong way! As some are making their own judgements to show islam is strict, which is totally outrageous!

Islam does allow things, but in the righteuos path, islam has a way accomdating people needs, islam does allow fun and enjoyment! its not boring, its simple! but sometimes we can make it difficult for ourselves thinking its hard and try to avoid it!

Does anybody feel this and why?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
06-12-2006, 09:31 AM
almost all religions have strict rules. If not strict people will further loosing their morality.

Helena
06-12-2006, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
almost all religions have strict rules. If not strict people will further loosing their morality.
i agree brother....but wud u say islam is strict? and in wot ways?

x Maz x
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Why do they feel like that? Well simple answer, in reality it is somewhat 'strict'...But if one is too ignorant to realise the true beuaty and haaq in our religion then their answering is to thy Lord...Islam sets rules for every aspect of life and I think the some people dont want to follow that thus for them it becomes 'strict'...Adopting such a way of life and reverting is without doubt hard as you have to leave old ways but SubhanAllah Allah opens the true path to whom He wills and makes easy for them and lets lead astray whom He wills...Peace x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joe98
06-12-2006, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
As some are making their own judgements to show islam is strict, which is totally outrageous!

Outrageous?????

Read the posts after yours. All the Muslims say that Islam is strict and needs to be!

Inshallah
06-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I do myself think islam has strict rules but there's nothing wrong with that at all, living in a non-muslim country it get's real tough following the islamic path strictly. There's no excuses and we can't decide whats right and what's wrong thats why we have the quran. May allah have mercy on all of us.

SirZubair
06-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Islam = Strict ?

No.

Muslims = Make things harder for themselves ?

Yes.

WOnt say much more than that.

Wa'salaam.

Ghazi
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Islam = Strict ?

No.

Muslims = Make things harder for themselves ?

Yes.

WOnt say much more than that.

Wa'salaam.

I agree.

Joe98
06-12-2006, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah;
....and we can't decide whats right and what's wrong .....

:rollseyes :rollseyes :rollseyes

Just ask me. I can give an answer in less than 1,000 words!

Idris
06-13-2006, 12:53 AM
We do not Compromise, negotiation or give and take with Islam and that why the media formulates a strict Islam.

The Disbelievers
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[109.1] Say: O unbelievers!
[109.2] I do not serve that which you serve,
[109.3] Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.4] Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
[109.5] Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.6] You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

syilla
06-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Islam is not strict.
They just want freedom. They want to do everything without being told not to do that and this.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Islam is not strict.
They just want freedom. They want to do everything without being told not to do that and this.

Exactly sis muslims today have a dangerously high level of love for dunya so it's no suprise that preparation for the next life seems hard.

Looking4Peace
06-13-2006, 02:20 AM
It is strict to a new revert especially one living in a western soceity, i know from personal experience, it takes time and patience to understand why the rules are the way they are and looking back onto one old life and actions and realizing all that freedom they once had really never did any good and usually had consequences usually in a form of emotional damage. And also the term freedom can be defined in so many ways, whats one persons freedom is anothers oppression depending on the values, religion and culture of the person defining it. Do I find Islam strict, yes i do, but for beneficial reasons.

Joe98
06-13-2006, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris
We do not Compromise, negotiation or give and take with Islam and that why the media formulates a strict Islam.

The Disbelievers
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
[109.1] Say: O unbelievers!
[109.2] I do not serve that which you serve,
[109.3] Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.4] Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,
[109.5] Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:
[109.6] You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

Can you tell us how the above verses are related to compromise and negotiation - or the lack thereof.

north_malaysian
06-13-2006, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
i agree brother....but wud u say islam is strict? and in wot ways?
Strict in saying what is good for u, and what is bad for you - and it's a good thing.

Helena
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM

shukran for all ur thoughts, i agree wid most of ya!

Rabi'ya
06-13-2006, 10:52 AM

I would just like to say, Islam has boundaries and guidelines the same as any belief or religion...However, t is not meant to cause hardship...and is definitely not designed ot be strict. Islam is as strict as u want it to be.

I think Islam is easy to follow in the main...there are always times when we find difficulty but Allah makes it easy for us.

There should be no hardship in faith!

Rabi'ya:rose:

06-13-2006, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I would just like to say, Islam has boundaries and guidelines the same as any belief or religion...However, t is not meant to cause hardship...and is definitely not designed ot be strict. Islam is as strict as u want it to be.

I think Islam is easy to follow in the main...there are always times when we find difficulty but Allah makes it easy for us.

There should be no hardship in faith!

Rabi'ya:rose:
Well said sis!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.