/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you go to the police if…?

j4763
06-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Would you turn to the police if you knew someone from your (Muslim) community was planning an atrocity against a non-Muslim country (usa/uk…etc) which was largely targeted at non-Muslims, and say you were assured none of your brothers or sisters were harmed.

And would you happily go to a protest against such people?

(Why I ask this is because what I’ve seen so far is that many Muslims wouldn’t)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker_of_ilm
06-12-2006, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by j4763
Would you turn to the police if you knew someone from your (Muslim) community was planning an atrocity against a non-Muslim country (usa/uk…etc) which was largely targeted at non-Muslims, and say you were assured none of your brothers or sisters were harmed.

:sl:

If that were the case, and I knew of it, then yes, I would inform the police of it, be they muslim or non-muslim.

Muezzin
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM

Try to talk to them first, persuade them not to, maybe tell an imam who could do the same, but better than me. If he's hellbent, damn right I'm telling the cops. Anyone comes up to me, tells me they're going to kill someone, I'll try to make them listen to reason, and if they don't, I'll tell the police, regardless of religion. Innocent people ain't dying on my conscience.

Ghazi
06-12-2006, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Try to talk to them first, persuade them not to, maybe tell an imam who could do the same, but better than me. If he's hellbent, damn right I'm telling the cops. Anyone comes up to me, tells me they're going to kill someone, I'll try to make them listen to reason, and if they don't, I'll tell the police, regardless of religion. Innocent people ain't dying on my conscience.
:sl:

I agree with you thats the best course of action.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
06-12-2006, 04:28 PM

I would without hesitation. However, in my views those people would only be Muslim in name and not acting in accordance with Islam. I would be protesting against them, as being people who are planning evil, not against Muslims. Terrorists are not acting as Muslims in my opinion.

I would do all I could to fight the atrocity, but at the same time do all I could to protect Islam and the names of Muslims.

j4763
06-12-2006, 04:31 PM
What if you new they were helping someone or helping money wise with someone who was drawing up plans to perform some act but they were not actually the ones doing the killing, would you talk to them first or go straight to the police?

jameelash
06-12-2006, 04:49 PM
salam-our beloved prophet (s.a.w)had laid down set of rules and regulation for war.ladies and children should be avoided. (2)information on attacking should be previously informed.how can we encourage wat they are doing when so many innocents are killed which is against islam?(killing ladies and children.)they should be hanged

j4763
06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Now I think we all know that there are some who are plotting against the uk and recently with all the raids in London and that, its come to my attention that the police seem to be getting misinformed.
If the information was coming from Muslims surly the right people would be getting arrested instead of innocent people getting shot (and even killed), where are all the Muslims willing to stand up against the bad apples from within there community?

seeker_of_ilm
06-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Well I've never come across any such plots in my community, which has a majority of muslims. And maybe the people plotting keep it to a few select friends, who have the same views, and are sympathetic towards these methods?

j4763
06-12-2006, 04:58 PM
After the forest gate raids there's been all this protest against the police, there only doing there job and follow the few leeds there given, why protest against them? Instead help them!

Muezzin
06-12-2006, 05:00 PM
After the forest gate raids there's been all this protest against the police, there only doing there job and follow the few leeds there given, why protest against them?
Because they were, like, negligent, perhaps? :p

Instead help them!
This is true.

Woodrow
06-12-2006, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Immunity
1.) Its none of your business

2.) I personally think its a noble mission.
Rash thing to say, when you do not know what their intent is. Any act of terrorism or threat of terrorism, is a weapon used to undermine Islam. It is cowardenice and ignorance to speak with weapons instead of words. Weapons do not show Islam as being strong, it shows us as being weak and we need to rely on weapons to survive. It sends the message that Islam can be subdued simply by eliminating the source of weapons.

We must be strong enough to live by the belief that the Qur'an is stronger then bullets. It is easy to have faith that the Qur'an will protect us from wrong. But, do we have sufficient faith to believe that it is strong enough to bring goodness to all people?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.