/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Several dead in Kashmir attacks

Vishnu
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
BBC Reports:

Reports say the workers, eight Nepalis and a man from Bihar state, were surrounded by gunmen who opened fire.

Earlier on Monday, at least one person was killed and 15 others wounded in a grenade attack on a bus stand in another part of the state.

Militants hurled three grenades at the main bus stand in the winter capital, Jammu, during the morning rush hour.

It is not yet clear who has carried out either of the attacks.

"These labourers were working at a construction site when an unknown number of gunmen surrounded the site and opened fire," police official SP Pani told the Associated Press.

Four other labourers were injured.

Senior Jammu police official Mukesh Singh said the Jammu attack took place when militants targeted a counter where passengers were buying tickets for buses to Katra, the base camp for a famous Hindu pilgrimage.

Five of the injured are in a critical condition, he said.

The state government has tightened security in the state following a rise in violence during the Hindu pilgrimage season.

At least four people have been killed and more than 35 injured in a series of grenade attacks on tourists in the state in the past few weeks.

Islamic militant groups have been fighting a long-running insurgency against Indian rule in Kashmir since 1989, a conflict which has so far cost more than 60,000 lives.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/5070458.stm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vishnu
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
No comments? Anyone living in Kashmir from this board?

Pk_#2
06-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Not living in Kashmir

:(

May Allah help them

chacha_jalebi
06-12-2006, 09:22 PM
now now ganesh sikkim!

why do u keep postin articles about kashmir? :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mohsin
06-12-2006, 09:31 PM
No comments? Anyone living in Kashmir from this board?
What do you want us to say bro? Bros are dieing everyday, may Allah help the innocent

Vishnu
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm just curious if there is anyone living in Kashmir. I would like to hear an opinion of someone living inside the conflict.

AvarAllahNoor
06-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Hmmm, i wonder what happened to the other thread of the same title!! :rollseyes :thankyou:

Vishnu
06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
I contacted the Moderator and asked him if I could post things on Kashmir as long as they were nuetral and not coming from a source which put Islam in a bad light. This is BBC.

But thanks for caring so much.

AvarAllahNoor
06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
I contacted the Moderator and asked him if I could post things on Kashmir as long as they were nuetral and not coming from a source which put Islam in a bad light. This is BBC.

But thanks for caring so much.
And my post on the Sikh Massacre was not relevant :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.