/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Thankful!!!!!

Helena
06-13-2006, 11:23 AM
:sl:

It is said that once Hasan al-Basri had a very sharp headache, so he tied a bandana over his head. Rabia Basri saw him and inquired the cause for the bandana, to which Hasan al-Basri told her of the headache.

Rabia Basri asked him if this headache is something he gets often. Hasan al-Basri replied that Allah has blessed him with good health and it is after many years that he had a headache this severe.

“Is it not strange that Allah gave you good health for years, and then when He afflicts you with some pain, you wear a banner on your head to advertise your pain?”
Hasan al-Basri says that after that day he never ever complained of any harship he faced.

I don’t know the authenticity, but I often marvel at the lesson. How thankful are we in the times of ease and how we complain in the times of difficulty? May Allah save us from hypocrisy.

any comments inshalah?

:w: :sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hassanomar
06-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Good Post - gives a good lesson - makes me think that i am too easy to start complaining without even thinking on how much goodness Allah has put into my life - thanx again

Helena
06-14-2006, 09:24 AM

shukran for being the first one to view the thread....well said brother! dnt knw wots wrng wid da oda members?

:w:

muslim_friend
06-14-2006, 04:03 PM

I think it's simply amazing. If we happened to be in his place.. we would have probably said.."Oh, i don care what people think of the bandana, let them think i'm trying to catch some attention.I'm wearing it to ease ma headache".. but Hasan al basri (May Allah have mercy on him) made sure there wouldn't be a gap for any sort of hypocrisy.

format_quote Originally Posted by helena

shukran for being the first one to view the thread....well said brother! dnt knw wots wrng wid da oda members?:w:
...Well, there's nothing wrong with me... except that i've got fever, exam fever that is :happy: ..but be patient sis, the comments will flow in after today's WC matches ;D inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mawaddah
06-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Is this story authentic sis? If it was then it's just a wonderful example of the level of Iman those Imams had Subhanallah.....
Although it's not haram to complain of pain, since we know that once Rasulullah peace be upon him had a headache and he told Aisha "Waa Ra'saah" O My head .
But I think most of us go overboard when complain about sicknesss and all of that :( and we make a big deal out of it......and the irony about it, is that when we get better, we even forget to say Alhamdulillah!! :(

SistaHH
06-14-2006, 06:47 PM
I think most of us go overboard when complain about sicknesss and all of that :( and we make a big deal out of it......and the irony about it, is that when we get better, we even forget to say Alhamdulillah!! :(
Subhanallah.... ^^It is so true

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.