/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beach deaths 'not Israel's fault'

Vishnu
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- An explosion on a Gaza beach that killed seven people last week was caused by explosives planted there by Palestinian militants, not artillery fire from an Israeli navy gunboat, Israeli military sources said.

The Israeli investigation concluded that the possibility any of the six artillery shells fired from the gunboat last Friday could have landed on the beach was "almost nil," the sources said.

The deaths of seven people -- all members of a Palestinian family having a beach picnic -- prompted the military wing of Hamas to resume rocket strikes against Israel after a hiatus of more than a year.

The Israel Defense Forces report, to be presented to the Israeli Defense Minister and Israeli Chief of Staff Tuesday, will cite several factors that led to the conclusion that the explosion was caused by a mine planted on the beach by Palestinian militants, the sources said.

An Israeli commando unit used the beach to enter Gaza for a mission in recent weeks, prompting the militants to place the mines, the sources said.

Intelligence information gathered by Israeli investigators showed that Hamas quickly removed the remaining mines from the beach after the blast, the sources said.

Investigators were able to locate where five of the six shells fired from the gunboat Friday landed and none of them were near the beach, the sources said. The sixth shell -- the first to be fired -- could not have killed the family because it was fired further north and too early, the sources said.

Adding to the conclusion that it was not an Israeli shell that killed the family was an examination of photographs of the crater on the beach. The sources said experts found it was the type of crater caused by a planted explosive, not by an artillery shell landing from above.

Finally, shrapnel removed from three of the injured by doctors at Israeli hospitals was not the from an artillery shell, the sources said.

At least nine Palestinians, including two children, were killed Tuesday when an Israeli military aircraft fired missiles at a car in northern Gaza, Israeli and Palestinian sources said.

Israel Defense Forces said the car was en route to a site where Qassam rockets have been fired into Israeli territory.

Five Qassam rockets landed on the Israeli side of the Gaza border Monday morning, causing no injuries or significant damage, the Israel Defense Forces said.

The Monday launches followed a series of at least 70 rockets fired into Israel from Gaza since Friday, wounding four Israeli civilians, the IDF said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...obe/index.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
:sl:

Yeah right, sure they'd say that who's gonna admit they're guilty anyone who believes this is just stupid.

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Yeah right, sure they'd say that who's gonna admit they're guilty anyone who believes this is just stupid.

It's a possiblity, no?

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:03 PM

It has been proven in the past by international groups that Pals working carelessly with explosives have blown themselves up while blaming it on Israelis.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gen. Patton
It has been proven in the past by international groups that Pals working carelessly with explosives have blown themselves up while blaming it on Israelis.

Oh right I see, so I guess that gun ship was just out fishing then :rollseyes

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:29 PM

Oh right I see, so I guess that gun ship was just out fishing then :rollseyes
The gunship could have been tageting somewhere other than the beach. When police helicopters are deployed over my house it doesn't mean they're looking for me.

Kidman
06-13-2006, 02:29 PM
You're probably talking about the Gaza Beach Massicre, here's the source with pictures and all... such a sad story, I saw it yesterday and made me sad for the rest of the day. Inshallah one day the Palestinians will live w/out fear and be able to live a life of freedom.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/rev...rvice_ID=11433

sonz
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
ive edited the title cuz ganeshsikkim's title was misleading

the new title 'not israel's fault' in quotes means that its not 100% sure and its according to their side

Muezzin
06-13-2006, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
It's a possiblity, no?
It's a possibility that lizard-men from Venus flew planes into the World Trade Centre too.

aamirsaab
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
The gunship could have been tageting somewhere other than the beach. When police helicopters are deployed over my house it doesn't mean they're looking for me.
That's 'cus police helicopters aren't shootin at you.

Besides, saying "i didn't do it" or "it was an accident" doesn't heal wounds. Nor does it reclaim lives.

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab

That's 'cus police helicopters aren't shootin at you.

Besides, saying "i didn't do it" or "it was an accident" doesn't heal wounds. Nor does it reclaim lives.
So if a muslim kills an Israeli by accident they shouldn't be forgiven?

aamirsaab
06-13-2006, 04:55 PM
There shouldn't be killing in the first place. Perhaps if people weren't so damn trigger happy, we wouldn't have "collateral damage".

God decides who is forgiven, not men.

Vishnu

There shouldn't be killing in the first place. Perhaps if people weren't so damn trigger happy, we wouldn't have "collateral damage".

People should not be trigger happy... good post.

Vishnu
Exactly!

Does Hamas say "sorry" to the families crying over there loved one who was eating dinner and got killed.

They are saying that it is a land mine that killed them. Placed by Palestinians. Of course always blame Israel! :uhwhat

aamirsaab
06-13-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
Exactly!

Does Hamas say "sorry" to the families crying over there loved one who was eating dinner and got killed.
And did Sharon say the same?

They are saying that it is a land mine that killed them. Placed by Palestinians. Of course always blame Israel! :uhwhat
You believe what one side of the fence says, I believe what the other side say. Stalemate.

afriend2
06-13-2006, 05:05 PM

salaam,

well that was smart on the Israel's behalf on thinking of such a "clever story".....but thats all it is, a made-up "story".

i think we can all figure out for ourselves who is and are behind this disgusting act that took place.

Allahu Alam
wassalam :peace:

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

well that was smart on the Israel's behalf on thinking of such a "clever story".....but thats all it is, a made-up "story".

i think we can all figure out for ourselves who is and are behind this disgusting act that took place.

Allahu Alam
wassalam :peace:
Where is your proof?

Vishnu
06-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I believe that Israel has found a mine that was detonated....

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 06:13 PM
I believe that Israel has found a mine that was detonated....
That sounds like pretty good evidence it wasn't Israelis to me.

Vishnu
06-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Like you will be able to convince anyone on this board that. God forbid it was a Hamas mine! Will there be protests in the streets against Hamas then, with the same hatred towards Israel!?!

if Israel can prove it was a Palestinian mine will the Palestinians who over reacted by firing a rocket into a school say they are sorry?!?

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 06:31 PM

Isreal kill innocents and they shift the blame of themselfs and you guys have brought into the lie comon use your heads.

Vishnu
06-13-2006, 06:42 PM
It entirely possible that it was a mine... if so then all these protests and declarations of war were all based on a lie. See through the propaganda of Hamas. Abbas wants a Palestinian state... Hamas wants violence.

Vishnu
06-13-2006, 07:25 PM
New info:

shrapnel taken from two wounded Palestinians who were evacuated to Israeli hospitals showed that the fragments were not from the 155-millimeter shells used by Israeli artillery.
AP
Yahoo.com

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 08:16 PM
New info:

AP
Yahoo.com
You didn't know? AP is a zionist news agency:rollseyes

Joe98
06-13-2006, 10:20 PM

Men decide about taking revenge on innocents.

Vishnu
06-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I wonder how big the protests will be against the Palestinians who put this mine in the ground, since reports are saying that the shrapenal does not match the 155-millimeter shells used by Israel.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 10:31 PM
I wonder how big the protests will be against the Palestinians who put this mine in the ground, since reports are saying that the shrapenal does not match the 155-millimeter shells used by Israel.

The reports also said that iraq had wmd's those brothers arrested in london were terrorists ever heard of censership I for one know deep down they're guilty lets no forget they kill palastinians day in day out and have invaded their land.

Vishnu
06-14-2006, 12:19 AM

The reports also said that iraq had wmd's those brothers arrested in london were terrorists ever heard of censership I for one know deep down they're guilty lets no forget they kill palastinians day in day out and have invaded their land.
Your free to have your conspiracy theory I guess... that is what freedom and democracy (found mostly in the west) are all about.

virago
06-14-2006, 07:22 AM
What is your basis for denying the results of the investigation?

aamirsaab
06-14-2006, 08:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Men decide about taking revenge on innocents.
And God is just.

That's strange, i read on the news that the Israeli army actually admitted to launching the missile. So, clearly at least one lie is being told.

sonz
06-14-2006, 10:26 AM
hey ganeshsikkim

newsflash, whole europe is against israel for their terrorism against the palestinian people.

u can look at the statistics and how many palestinians died. the only way ur defending israel is cuz of religion since palestinians are muslims

Nablus
06-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Israel is abig lair

the weapons are made in Israel
what about the gun boats when they warn them

what aout the eye witnesses specaily Huda Galai

They Jews tried to cover their crimes but they failed

HeiGou
06-14-2006, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
newsflash, whole europe is against israel for their terrorism against the palestinian people.
Actually there is a poll out this week of "European opinion makers" which I guess means important people. Support for the Palestinians is diving. For instance

>source deliberately omitted<

Three years ago, 60 percent of French respondents said they took a side in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and of that 60%, four out of five backed the Palestinians. Today, by contrast, 60% of French respondents did not take a side in the conflict, and support for the Palestinians had dropped by half among those who did express a preference.
There was a sense "that Europe could cancel out its own colonial history by taking the 'right' side" - the Palestinian side. Yasser Arafat was viewed as "an anti-colonial, liberation leader."
Today, by contrast, the Europeans "are focused on fundamentalist Islam and its impact on them," he said. The Europeans were now asking themselves "who is the moderate in this conflict, and who is the extremist? And suddenly it is the Palestinians who may be the extremists, or who are allied with extremists who threaten Europe's own society."

An increasing proportion of Europeans are concluding that "maybe the Palestinians are not the colonialist victims" after all.

Palestine will have to struggle for independence on its own without European support.

And don't say I didn't warn you because of course I did.

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 08:40 PM

I KNEW THEY WERE LYING AN INDEPENDENT REASEARCH HAS BE DONE IT WAS AN ISREAL SHELL!! GUESS WHAT THE STORY IS NOW, IT WAS ALREADY THERE LIERS!!!!! I'LL POST THE ARTICLE UP SOON LOOK OUT FOR IT.

Wahid
06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Israel changes tack on beach deaths

Wednesday 14 June 2006, 14:05 Makka Time, 11:05 GMT

Palestinians have called for a UN inquiry into the explosion

Israel has conceded that it may have been responsible for the Gaza beach deaths after all, having ruled out any hint of blame hours earlier.

The military said on Wednesday that old Israeli ordnance could have killed the eight Palestinians last Friday, after its previous denial of responsibility was received with scepticism by the United Nations and elsewhere.

General Meir Klifi, who is leading the Israeli military investigation, said an examination of shrapnel removed from one of the casualties proved that it did not come from a 155mm shell - the type his army was firing at the Gaza Strip last Friday.

But he told Israeli radio: "It could be from another kind of munition that we have used in the past."

He said, however, that his investigation was incomplete so his findings were not conclusive.

This was a retreat from his position on Tuesday night when he appeared at a news conference with General Dan Halutz, the chief of staff, who said "we do not bear responsibility" for the deaths.

Amir Peretz, the Israeli defence minister, also said: "We have enough evidence that back our big suspicions that the attempt to present this as an Israeli incident is simply untrue."

Palestinians have asked for a UN investigation into the incident.

Human Rights Watch, a US-based group, has already inspected the site of the explosion.

Marc Garlasco, a former Pentagon adviser who is now a military analyst with the group, said: "It is my contention that the most likely scenario is that Israeli shelling hit the area."

Of Israeli suggestions that the blast was caused by a Palestinian mine, he said: "This is patently not the case." He told AFP: "We are very certain that it is a 155mm shell."

'Nothing to hide'

Kofi Annan, the UN secretary-general, called Israel's claims "odd".

Asked whether an international inquiry was needed, he said: "We would need both the Israelis and Palestinian authorities to co-operate with such an investigation."

An Israeli foreign ministry official said no request had been received from the UN to conduct an inquiry, but said Israel would co-operate if one were received. "We have nothing to hide," he said.

Source

Wahid
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
didn’t take long for them to realize they couldn’t keep saying this LIE!

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM

Those liers I knew it lets see the what the guys who were sticking up for them have to say.

Joe98
06-14-2006, 10:39 PM
I am getting the impression they use an old shell. As a result it fell in the wrong place.

It seems it was an accident.

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
I am getting the impression they use an old shell. As a result it fell in the wrong place.

It seems it was an accident.

Please they already lied once they're doing it again they have invaded Palistine already that must show their intentions, or is it the fact the victims are muslim that you can't side with them?

Vishnu
06-15-2006, 12:55 AM
The reason they are firing shells at Militants is because the militants are commiting terrorist attacks not aimed at soldiers... but aimed at innocent civilians....

Wahid
06-15-2006, 05:17 AM
The reason they are firing shells at Militants is because the militants are commiting terrorist attacks not aimed at soldiers... but aimed at innocent civilians....
Keep bringing on the excuses for the Israeli killings, first it wasn’t them now its ok. Sorry none buys ur lies & excuses except maybe ur Zionist friends

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.