/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bush Meets With Iraqi PM in Surprise Trip

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 02:21 PM
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- President Bush, seeking to bolster support for Iraq's burgeoning goverment and U.S. war policy at home, made a surprise visit to Iraq on Tuesday to meet newly named Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and discuss the next steps in the troubled 3-year-old war.

It was a dramatic move by Bush, traveling to violence-rattled Baghdad less than a week after the death of terror chief Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in a bombing attack. The president was expected to be in Baghdad a little more than five hours.

Bush met with al-Maliki in heavily fortified green zone at a palace once used by Saddam Hussein. It now serves temporarily as the U.S. Embassy.

"Good to see you," exclaimed al-Maliki, who didn't know Bush was in Baghdad until five minutes before they met.

"Thanks for having me," Bush responded. They smiled broadly and gave each other a two-handed handshake in the high-domed marble room.

The trip was known only to a handful of aides and a small number of reporters sworn to secrecy because of obvious security threats for Bush and members of his entourage.

The prime minister had been invited to the embassy on the pretense of taking part in a video conference with Bush, supposedly at Camp David, the presidential retreat in Maryland's Catoctin Mountins. The videoconference was to go on as scheduled, but with Bush appearing alongside al-Maliki.

It was a dramatic move by Bush, traveling in secret to violence-ridden Baghdad six days after the death of Zarqawi. The administration hoped the elimination of Zarqawi and the completion of al-Maliki's cabinet would make war-weary Americans look at Iraq in a more positive light.

Aside from al-Maliki and his cabinet, Bush was to see Jalal Talibani, Iraq's largely ceremonial president. Bush also was to meet with the speaker of the parliament, national political leaders and U.S. troops.

Air Force One landed in hazy daylight at Baghdad Airport, where the temperature was above 100 degrees. Bush transferred to a helicopter for the six-minute ride to the green zone.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...ck=1&cset=true

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kidman
06-13-2006, 02:24 PM
haha, bush invited himself and said "thanks for having me"

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
:sl:

He's putting him self at risk imagine what will happen to him if the mujahideen caught him.

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

He's putting him self at risk imagine what will happen to him if the mujahideen caught him.
Iraq would cease to exist. If they killed Bush what do you think Cheney (The New President) next move would be?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gen. Patton
Iraq would cease to exist. If they killed Bush what do you think Cheney (The New President) next move would be?
What's left of it now?

If he dies, he dies simple as that!

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 02:31 PM

Dare i say anything incase you report me to the moderator! :)

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:34 PM

You tell me.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Dare i say anything incase you report me to the moderator! :)

You've got permission to speak :giggling:

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:37 PM

You tell me.
You think there are atrocities now? You have no idea of the level of brutality Americans are capable of when are drawn into anger of that magnitude. Don't believe me? Ask the 2 warrior nations that tested us. Japan is as gentle as a kitten and how many Native Americans do you see walking around?

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 02:39 PM
how many Native Americans do you see walking around?
Yes that's something to gloat about!! :rollseyes

Pathetic!

And 9/11 brought you down to your knees, see it's not very nice is it when it happens right on your own doorstep!

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:40 PM

Pathetic!

Agreed.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:43 PM
You think there are atrocities now? You have no idea of the level of brutality Americans are capable of when are drawn into anger of that magnitude. Don't believe me? Ask the 2 warrior nations that tested us. Japan is as gentle as a kitten and how many Native Americans do you see walking around?

Let me educate you, you see those nukes americas got they'll never use them in fear of retaliation, plus us muslims out number americans so HA

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:51 PM

Let me educate you, you see those nukes americas got they'll never use them in fear of retaliation, plus us muslims out number americans so HA
Retaliation from who? Who would retaliate? Who retaliated the last time the US used nukes?

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:53 PM

Pathetic!

And 9/11 brought you down to your knees, see it's not very nice is it when it happens right on your own doorstep!
Who is gloating? I'm just stating fact. 9/11 didn't bring the US to their knees. They are still functioning aren't they? I'm not saying the US would go out and kill people on a whim I'm saying it would be retrobution for killing a standing president.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Who is gloating? I'm just stating fact. 9/11 didn't bring the US to their knees. They are still functioning aren't they? I'm not saying the US would go out and kill people on a whim I'm saying it would be retrobution for killing a standing president.

What would they do excatly in your opinion?

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 02:58 PM

If he did die, think of it as God's decision.

You're functioning? You're trying to eradicate terroism in as many islamic countries as possible. Yes i would call that 'functioning'

Wasn't it the USA who funded the IRA, yup it was. :rollseyes

Good day to You!

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 02:59 PM

I can't say for sure but rest assured it wouldn't be plenty.

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 02:59 PM

Gather 1.8 billion muslims and shoot you perhaps? :rollseyes

It's absurd

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 03:00 PM

You're functioning? You're trying to eradicate terroism in as many islamic countries as possible. Yes i would call that 'functioning'

Good day to You!

IRA as in the terrorist guys?

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:01 PM

The one and only!

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:03 PM

Good day to You!
That's the US problem and not mine considering I'm not from the US. By the way who was the one that cut off Gerry Adams? Who considered him a terrorist? It wouldn't be GWB would it?

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
The one and only!

Those MotherLovers, and they have the nerve to complain about OBL and his crew.

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Gather 1.8 billion muslims and shoot you perhaps? :rollseyes

It's absurd
Never said that but I can see Napalm making a come back

amirah_87
06-13-2006, 03:06 PM

he's got guts wallah.......if i were him i'd better not go!!!!!!:heated: :heated:

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM

Yes The Democrats was a big supporter of the IRA. Clinton and Blair used to had a big row about that. When GWB became president he severed those ties and froze their accounts.

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
he's got guts wallah.......if i were him i'd better not go!!!!!!:heated: :heated:
Why not? You know how many troops he have protecting him?

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:08 PM
That's the US problem and not mine considering I'm not from the US. By the way who was the one that cut off Gerry Adams? Who considered him a terrorist? It wouldn't be GWB would it?
I seriously doubt that!

If you're not from the US then why defend the actions of a loopy 'president'!

He wasn't even elected in the first place!

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Never said that but I can see Napalm making a come back
LOL Which country would you begin with there are over 50 Islamic countries. You're deluded mate

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:12 PM
I seriously doubt that!

If you're not from the US then why defend the actions of a loopy 'president'!

He wasn't even elected in the first place!
He was elected according to the US constitution. I'm defending the US because I think them and my commonwealth brothern are getting a bad rap.

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes The Democrats was a big supporter of the IRA. Clinton and Blair used to had a big row about that. When GWB became president he severed those ties and froze their accounts.

Only so he could put those funds towards invading other countries, his adminstration isn't stupid, but he sure is!!

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
He was elected according to the US constitution. I'm defending the US because I think them and my commonwealth brothern are getting a bad rap.
Florida?? They were rigged and you know it. And the second election was only won by the skin of his teeth. :rollseyes

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Only so he could put those funds towards invading other countries, his adminstration isn't stupid, but he sure is!!
You think the little money Sein Fenn was recieving would support an invasion? Man you are delirious.

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Florida?? They were rigged and you know it. And the second election was only won by the skin of his teeth. :rollseyes
How were they rigged? Do you know how many recounts there were after the fact and they all still came out for Bush?

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Defend the US by all means, the people of USA are not the ones at fault it's stupid Dubya

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:19 PM
How were they rigged? Do you know how many recounts there were after the fact and they all still came out for Bush?

Who's the senator of Florida, and what was his relationship with dubya, Need i say more! :giggling:

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:20 PM
You think the little money Sein Fenn was recieving would support an invasion? Man you are delirious.
Every little helps, as Tesco says

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Who's the senator of Florida, and what was his relationship with dubya, Need i say more! :giggling:
Govenor of Florida and he had nothing to do with the outcome the Supreme Court did. By the way the counties that they screwed up were all ran by Democrats. Did you know that?

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM

I think in future all wars should be done old school with swords ect and on a plain battlefield this would ensure no innocents get harmed.

amirah_87
06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
I Ain't Seen The News..........so I Wanna Ask..

What's The Purpose Of Him Going To Iraq???........peace..takin' It Over..or Has He Gone Back For Some More Oil??? :) :)...

amirah_87
06-13-2006, 03:28 PM

I think in future all wars should be done old school with swords ect and on a plain battlefield this would ensure no innocents get harmed.
YOU KNOW THERE'S A HADEETH THAT ACTUALLY SAYS THAT , THAT WILL HAPPEN..AS YAWM AL-QIYAAMAH COMES MORE NEAR...THEY WILL BE A TIME WHERE BIRDS COULD ONCE AGAIN FLY OVER A BATTLE FEILD!!!!!.........MEANING NO MORE GUNS/ TANKS..AND THAT IT'S GONNA BE THE GOOD OLD SWORD WAY!!

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
YOU KNOW THERE'S A HADEETH THAT ACTUALLY SAYS THAT , THAT WILL HAPPEN..AS YAWM AL-QIYAAMAHCOMES MORE NEAR...THEY WILL BE A TIME WHERE BIRDS CALLED ONCE AGAIN FLY OVER A BATTLE FEILD!!!!!.........MEANING NO MORE GUNS TANKS..AND THAT IT'S GONNA BE THE GOOD OLD SWORD WAY!!

Thats the best way just you and your enemies no innocents in sight, also it kind of sucks these days some dude thousands of miles away can kill you by pressing one button.

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Govenor of Florida and he had nothing to do with the outcome the Supreme Court did. By the way the counties that they screwed up were all ran by Democrats. Did you know that?
Didn't florida have the deciding vote? and that's where the recount was required. How many days did USA not have a president?

I feel sorry for the next president who's elected, they'll have to try and make ammends for dubya's stupidty. If we live that long that is.

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:32 PM

I've got my kirpan unsheathed as we speak :giggling:

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I Ain't Seen The News..........so I Wanna Ask..

What's The Purpose Of Him Going To Iraq???........peace..takin' It Over..or Has He Gone Back For Some More Oil??? :) :)...
If he invaded Iraq for oil then he's really stupid. The majority of the oil the US receives is from Venesuela. He would have been better of getting rid of Hugo. He wouldn't have to go as far and the US companies are already there.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I've got my kirpan unsheathed as we speak :giggling:

Whats that?

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:36 PM
If he invaded Iraq for oil then he's really stupid. The majority of the oil the US receives is from Venesuela. He would have been better of getting rid of Hugo. He wouldn't have to go as far and the US companies are already there.

What possible excuse could he have used?

It's all to do with oil mate no matter what is said!

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Whats that?
Kirpan = Sword in Sikhsim (My avatar)

We're allowd to wear it as it's a ceremonial sword.

Ghazi
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Kirpan = Sword in Sikhsim (My avatar)

We're allowd to wear it as it's a ceremonial sword.

Right, cool how heavy is it?

amirah_87
06-13-2006, 03:39 PM
The Five K's Right.... I Agree With You About The Oil Part!!!!

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 03:42 PM

Right, cool how heavy is it?
Well it's about 18'' and it's not very heavy!

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 03:45 PM
What possible excuse could he have used?

It's all to do with oil mate no matter what is said!
The fact he communist and is always confronting the US and Britian?

Ninth_Scribe
06-13-2006, 05:03 PM

Give me a break! I've never been more disgusted... and he doesn't fool me. I know what he did. Bush rushed to Iraq to pay a visit to his 'trophy' before it can be interned. He should really grow up... and while he's discussing who gets 'wiped off the map' maybe he should consider the fact that his home-state is sitting in the direct path of this summer's storms? It will be interesting to see if Texas has the same mismanagement problem in emergency aid that New Orleans suffered... but I doubt it. No swords this time.

Ninth Scribe

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Give me a break - Bush rushed to Iraq to pay a visit to his 'trophy' before it can be interned. He should really grow up... maybe worry more about the fact that his home-state is sitting in the direct path of this summer's storms.

Ninth Scribe
What trophy? Zarqawi? Well I'm not gonna comment on that but I say the forming of the new Iraqi cabinent is a good reason to visit and celebrate. Oh to let you know Texas has been in the path of storms every year and have survived just fine. What do you expext him to do anyway? Deploy troops to stop the terrorist storm?

Ninth_Scribe
06-13-2006, 05:43 PM
What trophy? Zarqawi? Well I'm not gonna comment on that but I say the forming of the new Iraqi cabinent is a good reason to visit and celebrate. Oh to let you know Texas has been in the path of storms every year and have survived just fine. What do you expext him to do anyway? Deploy troops to stop the terrorist storm?
They've already admitted to the 'discussion' so one would have to be naive to assume he wasn't interested in a peek as well. I didn't accuse him of going necro... but some people just can't resist their morbid curiositities.

I know that the gulf of Mexico offers a natural storm path to Texas, but try to remember, New Orleans survived throughout it's history as well. We reach this point every so often though, where intensity floods into every form and affects every thing... only, in different ways. Nothing is immuned. The ocean is awefully warm now, but come late July... no rocket science needed, and after New Orleans, yes... 'terror' storm would be appropriate.

Sparkles~~~~

Ninth Scribe

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 06:10 PM
They've already admitted to the 'discussion' so one would have to be naive to assume he wasn't interested in a peek as well. I didn't accuse him of going necro... but some people just can't resist their morbid curiositities.

I know that the gulf of Mexico offers a natural storm path to Texas, but try to remember, New Orleans survived throughout it's history as well. We reach this point every so often though, where intensity floods into every form and affects every thing... only, in different ways. Nothing is immuned. The ocean is awefully warm now, but come late July... no rocket science needed, and after New Orleans, yes... 'terror' storm would be appropriate.

Sparkles~~~~

Ninth Scribe
I don't even live in the States and I know the Federal government can't move unless the Governor gives the ok. And then The President can't do anything without either declaring Marshall Law or an act of Congress. I thought people were kidding when they said Americans were dumb.

Nablus
06-13-2006, 08:02 PM
seeking to bolster support for Iraq's burgeoning goverment and U.S.

:X :X

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I say the forming of the new Iraqi cabinent is a good reason to visit and celebrate.
They do that every few weeks!

Let them be i say, withdraw British/American troops and let them sort out the problems we've created. It's the only solution!

Gen. Patton
06-13-2006, 08:55 PM
They do that every few weeks!

Let them be i say, withdraw British/American troops and let them sort out the problems we've created. It's the only solution!
Within 4 months there wouldn't be a Sunni alive in Iraq.

AvarAllahNoor
06-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Within 4 months there wouldn't be a Sunni alive in Iraq.
How many are alive now?

They only attack each other because they think the shia are siding with the Americans.

That's my opinion, i may be wrong but we'll see!

What about Afghanistan, why are we still there? is Osama still there or we just helping them grow the poppies?

catmando
06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Give me a break! I've never been more disgusted... and he doesn't fool me. I know what he did. Bush rushed to Iraq to pay a visit to his 'trophy' before it can be interned. He should really grow up... and while he's discussing who gets 'wiped off the map' maybe he should consider the fact that his home-state is sitting in the direct path of this summer's storms? It will be interesting to see if Texas has the same mismanagement problem in emergency aid that New Orleans suffered... but I doubt it. No swords this time.

Ninth Scribe
The White House Occupier was born in New Haven Connecticut. He is a Texan by immigration only. His "ranch" in Crawford is merely a small farm, which he is denuding by chainsaw as fast as the photo-op cameras can shoot.

Texas has a long history of hurricane strikes, the worst of which in 1900 killed close to 8000 people. The Gulf Coast has excellent hurricane plans in place. The problem is there are millions of people to evacuate, not an easy task. Katrina and Rita have caused the authorities to fine-tune their efforts so I expect they will not be caught off-guard in the next one like the Gulf Coast east of New Orleans was.

Ninth_Scribe
06-14-2006, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by catmando
The White House Occupier was born in New Haven Connecticut. He is a Texan by immigration only. His "ranch" in Crawford is merely a small farm...
Home is where the heart is. I called Jill Carroll a 'home-girl' knowing she wasn't born in Boston, as I was. It wasn't my point to the post... I was only mentioning the nature of 'gain by violence - lose by violence' that's bound to play out concerning the two lands.

Ninth Scribe

KAding
06-15-2006, 08:45 AM
How many are alive now?

They only attack each other because they think the shia are siding with the Americans.
Well, I think the Shia's would say the are siding with their own government. The same goes for the Kurds. So that just leave those 20-25% who were formerly in power, the Sunni's.

Seems to me people on this forum should be more critical of those who commit daily bombings against a government which has majority support.

AvarAllahNoor
06-15-2006, 08:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Well, I think the Shia's would say the are siding with their own government. The same goes for the Kurds. So that just leave those 20-25% who were formerly in power, the Sunni's.

Seems to me people on this forum should be more critical of those who commit daily bombings against a government which has majority support.
I'm all against it, i don't condone it at all!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.