/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Condemnation of terrorism?

seeker_of_ilm
06-13-2006, 07:19 PM
:sl:

What do you guys think, of starting up a website, with articles about why islam condemns terror attacks on innocent civilians, and like an online petition thing, with as many muslims as possible signing it, to show the world that the "silent" majority against such things...IS indeeed against it. Would put that misconception out. What do you people think, be honest...even if you think its stupid...its just something that sprang to mind.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-13-2006, 07:24 PM

Good idea, we could also add articles regarding jihad rules cause many westerners think it's about killing innocents and they think it means "Holy war" ect which is wrong so inshallah the more we educate these people the less terrorist looks we'll get :)

kahmed
06-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Why not open a site addressing the issues that create the need for 'terrorism' responses in the first place? If Muslims, as nations and communities, supported each other, the need for people to engage in these kinds of attacks wouldnt arise.

How about a site that explains why Muslims are justified in fighting back? How about a site that addresses the history of the West in Islamic states, the history most Americans are oblivious to?

I don't support the terrorist actions of these Islamist groups. I don't support Islamists at all. But it bugs me that Muslims aren't working to find solutions to the problem. They think temporary appeasement of the stronger side will get them some approval.

Woodrow
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

What do you guys think, of starting up a website, with articles about why islam condemns terror attacks on innocent civilians, and like an online petition thing, with as many muslims as possible signing it, to show the world that the "silent" majority against such things...IS indeeed against it. Would put that misconception out. What do you people think, be honest...even if you think its stupid...its just something that sprang to mind.
Excellent idea. I have 3 Islamic groups on Care2 and that is a frequent question that comes up . Why, don't Muslims protest terrorism?

A web site doing just that and spread effectively would be an excellent tool to show we are all about Peace and we actually do protest terrorism, it is just that people ignore our protests, we get no publicity and when we are shown protesting against terrorism, we usually are not identified as being Muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
06-16-2006, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kahmed
Why not open a site addressing the issues that create the need for 'terrorism' responses in the first place? If Muslims, as nations and communities, supported each other, the need for people to engage in these kinds of attacks wouldnt arise.

There are a number of sites already doing that. However they are often viewed by non-Muslims as being terroristic. the message is clear to Muslims, but looks like a threat to non-Muslims.

How about a site that explains why Muslims are justified in fighting back? How about a site that addresses the history of the West in Islamic states, the history most Americans are oblivious to?

Trying to point out the wrongs of another person, is usually a very ineffective method of spreading truth. That only arouses emotionalism, and a person looking with an emotional impact, is oblivious to facts. The wrong message is usually the connantation that is understood and not the facts.

I don't support the terrorist actions of these Islamist groups. I don't support Islamists at all. But it bugs me that Muslims aren't working to find solutions to the problem. They think temporary appeasement of the stronger side will get them some approval.

Most non-Muslims are unaware that we do not have a central administrative hierachy. we do things as individuals or as individual Mosques. There is no earthly authority that speaks in the name of Islam. We do protest, we do demonstrate, we do try to educate others. But, we are seldom noticed. The media really does ignore our anti-Terrorism efforts. We have no more means of contacting Terroristic Groups, then a non-Muslim has.
The above paragraphs in red are my responses.

SirZubair
06-16-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

Seeker of ilm,i reckon that is an awersome idea. You,my friend,continue to amaze me :) Genius idea.

This one time,there was a protest happening in NewZealand ( after the whole cartoon-dilema..),there were 2 men in the crowd shouting out loud,the the photographers took photos of these two loud-mouthed dimwits and printed it on the front page on the National Newspaper.

Once again,...a couple of idiotic muslims made all muslims,..and worse,..islam look bad.

That is why Adab is so important in islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.