/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Adab in Posts

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Assalamu 'Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

I have noticed that alot of memebers, while posting, do so in a very rude manner. For example, someone may have an opinion... and someone else just attacks them for having that opinion. Even if the person is Muslim, we should have patience whilst explaining to them. Remmeber, they may even be right.
I know i'm not perfect. Far from it, actually. And recently I myself have been trying to tone down the aggression in my posts, at the suggestion of a very nice mod lady:X (Rabz I stilll can't believe you called me aggressive!). But the saddest thing is that other memebers sometimes encourage and excuse members (they are usually 'friends' with these memebers) when they behave in a rude manner. I don't care if the person is your blood brother, you shouldn't encourage bad behaviour. Rabi'ya is my friend, and I always accept constructive criticism from her. I actually much prefer to be criticised (aslong as it is in a constructive way) than to be praised. Praising someone too greatly can be very dangerous, as your ego can sometimes destroy you and spoil your good deeds.
So this is basically just a reminder for everyone and myself also. Please remain respectful to each other.

60.8] Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allah loves the doers of justice.

W'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
I agree sis hope i'm not like that:hiding:

Helena
06-14-2006, 10:57 AM
:sl:
sooo...true sis.....i kinda feel that in some of the threads or posts...ppl attacking me frm diff angles.....it dsnt really effect moi....i jus leave it.....dats me

adab means respect rite?

:w:

amirah_87
06-14-2006, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
sooo...true sis.....i kinda feel that in some of the threads or posts...it dsnt really effect moi....i jus leave it.....dats me

adab means respect rite?

MEANS MANNERS!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mizan_aliashraf
06-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Salam
True, and Jazakillah Khayr for the advice
The religion is based upon advice, as the Prophet said.
And Allah knows best
Wassalam

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah it means manners.:)
W'salaam

Umu 'Isa
06-14-2006, 11:03 AM
yeah i agree with you sis.
jazaki Allah khair for the reminder, we should all take this into account insha Allah.

Helena
06-14-2006, 11:05 AM
shukran sis for the meaning...i was kinda confused...

amirah_87
06-14-2006, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
shukran sis for the meaning...i was kinda confused...

WA IYYAAKI SIS!!

JAZAAKALLAHU KHAYR FOR THE THREAD SIS!

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-14-2006, 11:09 AM
wa iyakkum ya ukhti jameela;).
W'salaam

umm_amina04
06-14-2006, 11:33 AM
I think that your advice is very wise and a basic reminder jazak allah

Muezzin
06-14-2006, 12:37 PM
Ah, quit yer yappin'!

I'm joking of course. Good post.

north_malaysian
06-15-2006, 07:50 AM
When I have a very different opinion - I've got these attacks too. If u really have problem with my posts and want to critize me hardly just Private msg me.

Umm Safiya
06-15-2006, 07:59 AM

Masha Allâh.. Barak Allâhu fîki for your advice ukhti..

aljawaad
06-15-2006, 08:41 AM
I appologise too if ever i offended anyone in my posts.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Ah, quit yer yappin'!

I'm joking of course. Good post.
I was talking about you, you know. Nah, but jazakAllah... inshaAllah you benefitted.

Salam,
Nice post, I think I should take this post to apologize for any rude behaviour on my part. Sorry.
I appologise too if ever i offended anyone in my posts.
Insha-Allah you haven't offended anyone, not that I have seen anyway.
W'salaam

SirZubair
06-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I apoligise to each and every person on this forum whom i might have offended.

I know i've offended afew people,no doubt.

I know i've offended the topic started in the past ... :hiding:

Im trying my best to not make harsh comments,..but so far,i havent done such a great job.

Kheir.

Will keep trying.

Wa'salaam.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 09:40 AM
It's ok. I'm described as aggressive and scary, so I know how you feel. It could be because we both have strong opinions? But i'm learning how to express them in a polite manner. Hope it's working.
W'salaam

Rabi'ya
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM

looooolz at part of the post and i totally agree with the rest.

i agree that we shud all be respectful..and remain patient with others when replying to posts. all too often we can jump to conclusions..

Good post sis umm Shaheed - mashAllah

Rabi'ya:rose:

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
you said my name:eek:
Lol... jazakAllah for the comment sis.
W'salaam

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
I thought this ayah was very relevant:

It is part of the Mercy of Allah that thou dost deal with them gently. Wert thou harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about thee: so pass over (Their faults), and ask for (Allah’s) forgiveness for them; and consult them in affairs (of moment). Then, when thou hast Taken a decision put thy trust in Allah. For Allah loves those that put their trust (in Him). [3:159]

W'salaam

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
^ O Subhanallah!! do you know what sis? when I first read this thread of yours, that's the exact verse that came to my mind :D

But masha'allah good post, I dont know if I've been aggressive though? :X

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Lol anh sis you're the least aggressive person on this forum!:D
W'salaam

------
06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Jazakallah...Wicked post....and a good reminder!!

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Lol anh sis you're the least aggressive person on this forum!:D
W'salaam
Ah, ok, I kinda doubted that I was aggressive anyway :giggling:

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Lol.... i wish i felt the same!:X

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.