/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Asking for a divorce Halal or haraam?

umm_amina04
06-14-2006, 11:12 AM
:sl: Many women throughout the world whether muslim or non-muslim are being subjected to domestic violence everyday and the numbers are increasing dramatically. Alot of women these days end up going back to their partners because they feel they have no place to go except home. The should be a group working together in order to vioce their opinion on so that women especially muslim know that there is a better place that they can go to and feel safe instead of running to the kafir's and their laws. So is it halal for the muslim wife to ask for a divorce if her husband sujects her and her children to such actions?

:w: umm_amina04:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
06-14-2006, 11:16 AM
:sl:

Divorce is halaal but I stress you must have a good reason other wise you'll gain sin, it's the one thing that is halaal that allah hates the most.

06-14-2006, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Divorce is halaal but I strees you must have a good reason other wise you'll gain sin, it's the one thing that is halaal that allah hates the most.
Yup, it's the most hated halal act in the eyes of Allah (swt)

umm_amina04
06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Jazak-allahu khairun I am aware that divorce is one of the many acts that is frowned upon, and that Allah dislikes this but there are many women muslim and non-muslim who are told to stay in their relationships with their husbands because of the children, or becuase that's better for them. How is it justified to let people do this to another person especiallay one's that you are supposed to love and protect. If you have the daleel for this then please voice you opinion so that other muslims such as yourself will know that there is help out there.

After all prophet muhammad (PBUH) said in a hadith:
"Love for your brother what you love for yourself"

That is what I would like for muslims in this sistuation.

assalamu alaikum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
06-14-2006, 11:31 AM

I think it was "Abu Baker" who's daughter came to him and said my husband treats me harshly and he said to her have sabr, Abu Baker knew her husband was one of the ten that was promised Janna so he told her marriage isn't always about love and he also knew she would be with him in Janna if she had sabr.

umm_amina04
06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Everyone has different opinons about this issue, I've always believed that marriage should be forever in the dunya and in the akhirah. And that your bound to run into problems what marriage doesn't but it's another topic when physical abuse becomes more than a habit, it becomes an illness....May Allah gives us all sabr and lead us to what is halal and keep us away from what is haraam AMEEN.
Assalamu alaikum

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm_amina04
Everyone has different opinons about this issue, I've always believed that marriage should be forever in the dunya and in the akhirah. And that your bound to run into problems what marriage doesn't but it's another topic when physical abuse becomes more than a habit, it becomes an illness....May Allah gives us all sabr and lead us to what is halal and keep us away from what is haraam AMEEN.
Assalamu alaikum

Physical abuse, well the couple should seek advice from elders and also try and work things through if it continues then divorce as no one should put up with abuse.

Mawaddah
06-14-2006, 07:59 PM
If a woman was to ask for divorce from her husband without any reason then that's a very grave sin in the eyes of Islam. There has been reported a hadeeth in which Rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wa sallam states "Whosoever woman asks for divorce from her husband (without valid reason) then she will not smell the scent of Paradise "

A very serious matter indeed.

However of course a woman can ask for divorce from her husband provided that the reasons under which she is seeking divorce are valid under Islamic law, for e.g. , Her husband is Abusing her either Physically or Mentally, or He is neglecting her rights as a wife and not providing for her, Or Maybe he Abuses her.....in short, she has the right to ask for divorce from her husband if he violates any of the rights that Allah has given her, or neglects his duties towards her.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.