/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inside look at Hassidic Judiasm

Vishnu
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
A very interesting look at the religious jews who wear the "black hats" even those these look kinda furry.... ;D

Does anyone know what they are saying? They are speeking Hebrew right?

Anyone just thought it looked crazy, I find it interesting to see other cultures I am not knowledgable about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...547&q=hassidic

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
duskiness
06-14-2006, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
? They are speeking Hebrew right?
- :? might be also yiddish..

Vishnu
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Maybe someone who knows one of the languages can tell us.

snakelegs
06-14-2006, 05:00 PM
can't watch it because i have dial-up.
almost all hassidic jews speak yiddish (a sort of a dialect of german with a lot of hebrew thrown in), and still dress the way they did in the east european ghettos over 100 years ago.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vishnu
06-15-2006, 01:03 AM
do they pray in yiddish to or in hebrew?

snakelegs
06-15-2006, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
do they pray in yiddish to or in hebrew?
hebrew, but their pronunciation is funny. there are also a few prayers in aramaic.

Vishnu
06-15-2006, 01:55 AM
Thanks, interesting. I am learning about many cultures here.

lavikor201
06-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Some of the Hasidic Jews spend to much time praying and not enough of what they preach... which is helping the world become better by giving to charity, and helping those in need.

Most are good people though.

north_malaysian
06-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Are Lubavitchers part of Hasidic Judaism? There were some Lubavitchers from Romania in Penang. But all migrated because of Japanese occupation.

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Yes, Lubavitch is a Hasidic sect. :-)

chabad.org

Lamaggad
06-18-2006, 02:21 AM
They keep keep saying that in the Holocaust 6 MILLION Jews was killed...

then how come their is millions of them in US and Canada, i can see in this room like more than 3500 Jew and that is in NY only..!!

and another question... don't they believe that Palestine is their land?!?! then why they are still in US and Canada.
i was kicked out from Palestine, But now i came to Canada and all what i see here is zionist zionist zionist :(

did any one notice the small kids in the front covering there ears? hehe

lavikor201 when you pray, do you keep nodding your head as well?!?! what does it mean when you do that, do you have to keep doing it while praying and is it any good for your body movement?!?

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 03:49 AM
Many Questions! I will do my best!

then how come their is millions of them in US and Canada, i can see in this room like more than 3500 Jew and that is in NY only..!!
The Jewish population is still a little under 5 million Jews from where we used to be before 1941...But you have to remember 6 million died... but many more converted to Christianity to survive, which is why we still aren't at what we use to be before thw Holocaust.

It is law for us "to be fruitful and multiply"

The average Religious Jewish family has 7.9 kids. The Religious Jewish community doubles its population very quickly, and we are one of the fastest growing communities.

Fun fact: 2/8 people in New York City is Jewish.

did any one notice the small kids in the front covering there ears? hehe
That is funny, I did notice that! lol. :-)

i was kicked out from Palestine,
I'm sorry. I pray you can return to this great land and live in peace with Jews, and Arabs. :-)

lavikor201 when you pray, do you keep nodding your head as well?!?! what does it mean when you do that, do you have to keep doing it while praying and is it any good for your body movement?!?
Yes of course I do.... you can bow, move side to side... as long as your feet are still....

It is called Skokeling... We are commanded to use all of our mind and body in prayer, so you will always see us moving when praying, at least religious Jews do this. :-) We lose some weight doing this... lol.

In this movie you can see they are chanting:

The LORD is our king. The LORD has always been our kind. The LORD will be our king forever! Then they repeat, and then chant...

Hear O' Israel, the LORD is our G-d, the LORD is one!

Shema Yisrael, Hashem aloheinu, Hashem echad!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.