/* */

PDA

View Full Version : High School, Prom, Graduation parties

limitless
06-14-2006, 07:32 PM
:sl:

Everyone I have to ask you all this questions because one day, I will be going through several questions about the prom and graduation parties of high school. So in two years i will be graduating but I like to keep things planned and stuff anyway on to my point. Are muslim brothers permissable to prom and the graduation parties (some may have alcohol but I will not drink it, ever.)? What are your alternative choices to prom and graduation parties (hosted by others, not school).

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
06-14-2006, 07:48 PM

Simply put, dont go. It is a complete waste of time, and the filth going on in such places is incredible. It isnt for a muslim to be in such a place. The places are over flowing with drinking, intermixing, and fitnah. Honestly, do something better with your time then going to such parties and proms.

jzcasejz
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM

Well it depends, there are some graduation parties where you HAVE to attend for the school to to wish you "farewell"
It's meant to be a ceremony to celebrate the end of your high-school life.

As for the after-party, you should be careful, alot of bad things go on there. Alcohol was even drunk by boys in our school so you should be careful. Best thing is to enjoy the Graduation Party but it's no reason to COMPLETELY LOSE THE PLOT! :brother:

solid_snake
06-14-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

Simply put, dont go. It is a complete waste of time, and the filth going on in such places is incredible. It isnt for a muslim to be in such a place. The places are over flowing with drinking, intermixing, and fitnah. Honestly, do something better with your time then going to such parties and proms.

lol if you think that's filth ... you should go clubbing ;D :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
06-14-2006, 08:28 PM

It's haraam to be in such places.

hafizyunus
06-14-2006, 08:39 PM
You should not go espcially when wine and alcohol is there.These are totaly Haram.Remember the fear of Allah watchin you shouild always be with you.

solid_snake
06-14-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

It's haraam to be in such places.
o rly? did the koran speifically say no to parties? :p

limitless
06-14-2006, 08:55 PM

Thanks for your answers, but I do have to attend this ceremony graduation party thing, it is a requirement for me to get my diploma :| but the prom i have to pay $80 to go to. I seen many muslim guys go to prom and I thought it would be okay as long as you dont do haram activities their.

ps: Solid_snake i like ur avator :D nice next gen consoles!

solid_snake
06-14-2006, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

Thanks for your answers, but I do have to attend this ceremony graduation party thing, it is a requirement for me to get my diploma :| but the prom i have to pay $80 to go to. I seen many muslim guys go to prom and I thought it would be okay as long as you dont do haram activities their.

ps: Solid_snake i like ur avator :D nice next gen consoles!

that's what I thought too

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by solid_snake

This is twice I've had this sort of comment from members on this forum, This is a kufur prom right, music dancing ect allah has made them haraam simple as don't go.

Halima
06-14-2006, 11:37 PM

Take my advice: don't go.

I've regretfully went to some and yes, I was foolish (May Allah forgive me) but the experiences there was so far from anything muslim. no matter if your muslim friends are there or not. Your gonna get peer pressured so many times its not even funny.

I had went there with the intention that I wasn't going to get involved with anything but then it had backfired and I ended up regretting heavily.

It only takes only time to mingle. One time for the shaytaan to grab his chance no matter if you are going there without any bad intention AT ALL.

DON'T GO TAKE MY PERSONAL ADVICE.

Barak Allahu Feekum

muslima04
06-15-2006, 07:28 AM
the quran shouldn't need to tell us everything some things are common sense.

Muezzin
06-15-2006, 07:52 PM

Let me get this straight. You have to pay 80 bucks to go to a prom, which consists mainly of 'haram activities', and if you do go, you will not perform such activities?

Read that again, think about it and keep your wallet in your pocket. :)

x Maz x
06-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Breda, I din go to mine, and Alhamdilullah daym prouda mslf, yo just gonna regret it so please use that clever God-given brain and dont attend, its an evening of fitnah and is absolutely faeces, I heard about the rubbish activities going on in my one, standardized rubbish, Muslim bredas get drunk and tipsy, Muslim sistas get on a hype and well they just float around, have abita jiggle get into a fancy limpo, take a cruise around their own neighbourhood >> point being?? they live in de freakin place yeesh...and off they go...thats an eveinin ta look forward to? Breda Please InshAllah dont attend, its pathetic and haram :) Peace x

x Maz x
06-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Yup, evening of fitnah, they treat it like its some sort of holy ritual, Man give it a rest, I cant wait to get outta ma pit hole of a skool wah makes em think Imma cum bak and celebrate in skool, madness i tl ya, absolutely madness WalaykumAsalaam x

limitless
06-15-2006, 10:22 PM

Mashallah everyone. :) I really appericate all of your posts and advising me not to attend, I will defininately not attend it (subnallah). And (inshallah) I will not be tempted.

Hajar
06-15-2006, 10:25 PM

Wuah 80 bucks.. thats not even worth it!!

bint_muhammed
06-16-2006, 10:52 AM
lol if you think that's filth ... you should go clubbing ;D :p
have you bin clubbing?

bint_muhammed
06-16-2006, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x
Yup, evening of fitnah, they treat it like its some sort of holy ritual, Man give it a rest, I cant wait to get outta ma pit hole of a skool wah makes em think Imma cum bak and celebrate in skool, madness i tl ya, absolutely madness WalaykumAsalaam x
i miss my school, even though it could be bad examples at times! the things as long as you know your limits, school was fun!:happy:

limitless
06-19-2006, 02:47 AM

:) My high school years so far are great, awesome! ooo i think this is being off topic?

Zohair
06-19-2006, 03:21 AM
answer is simple...NO NO NO and...NO! lol, I said it 4 times cause I wanted to emphasize the NO. :)

I have been invited to so many parties, box-socials, after-parties, whatever you want to call it, I never go. there is always acohol and these parties and drugs like weed. people get drunk and high, and they are out with their girlfriends doing all kinds of fawahish, and imagine, you will be in the middle of it!

if they force you, simply complain :rant: ask them why they encourage and force people to go and dance and drink.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.