PDA

View Full Version : Bush wants to close Guantanamo Bay

Ghazi
06-14-2006, 09:54 PM

:sl:

Bush wants to close Guantanamo Bay

Last Modified: 14 Jun 2006
Source: ITN

George Bush wants to close the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay but admits he needs a plan for the prisoners first.

The President also conceded the camp has given some an excuse to criticise the United States.

Mr Bush said: "I'd like to close Guantanamo, but I also recognise that we're holding some people there that are darn dangerous and that we better have a plan to deal with them in our courts."

Two Saudis and a Yemeni hanged themselves with clothes and bedsheets at the prison for foreign terrorism suspects on Saturday, becoming the first prisoners to die at Guantanamo since the United States began sending suspected al-Qaeda and Taliban captives there in 2002.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
06-15-2006, 12:37 AM
Put them on a mock trial and get those Joe's framed. Who care's about them, know one know's them and have no representive.

snakelegs
06-15-2006, 01:24 AM
if guantanama is closed, will the mentality that created it disappear?

catmando
06-15-2006, 01:35 AM
SecDef just earmarked $30,000,000 to EXPAND Gitmo. So much for closing it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
06-15-2006, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
if guantanama is closed, will the mentality that created it disappear?
It will be a start. Get Bush and Blair and the goverment and the elite corporate involved in this illegal occupation (war) on a trial for war crime.

06-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Do u actually believe that Bush would wanna close it? - coz i don't. I bet he's just fibbing...

Tojo
06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Put them on a mock trial and get those Joe's framed. Who care's about them, know one know's them and have no representive.
You do know they have lawyers right?

snakelegs
06-15-2006, 07:33 PM
It will be a start. Get Bush and Blair and the goverment and the elite corporate involved in this illegal occupation (war) on a trial for war crime.
but bush thinks the u.s. is beyond the realm of international law in its "war on terror". so i doubt that what you wrote above will ever happen.

Muezzin
06-15-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

:sl:
Hey man, don't backbite :p

(I'm joking. But I sure as hell wouldn't want to see a picture of me looking like that!)

Bush wants to close Guantanamo Bay

Last Modified: 14 Jun 2006
Source: ITN

George Bush wants to close the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay but admits he needs a plan for the prisoners first.

The President also conceded the camp has given some an excuse to criticise the United States.

Mr Bush said: "I'd like to close Guantanamo, but I also recognise that we're holding some people there that are darn dangerous and that we better have a plan to deal with them in our courts."

Two Saudis and a Yemeni hanged themselves with clothes and bedsheets at the prison for foreign terrorism suspects on Saturday, becoming the first prisoners to die at Guantanamo since the United States began sending suspected al-Qaeda and Taliban captives there in 2002.
I hope it is closed, finally.

x Maz x
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
He may 'close' it, bovad?...SubhanAllah he will just build a place similar to toture ma Muslim bredas :'(...I mean lets look at our own Gitmos i.e Belmarsh/Broadhill etc, Allah ease their pains :'( Waslaams x

Pk_#2
06-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Ameen.

Skillganon
06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
but bush thinks the u.s. is beyond the realm of international law in its "war on terror". so i doubt that what you wrote above will ever happen.
Why, is America under a unified dictatorship?
No Democracy?

snakelegs
06-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Why, is America under a unified dictatorship?
No Democracy?
as much as i dislike my government, we are a long way from dictatorship!

Skillganon
06-16-2006, 01:03 AM
as much as i dislike my government, we are a long way from dictatorship!
If you are not, than how come Terrorist Bush is dictating the life of american kid's into act of terrorism, perpetuating in hediouse crime against innocent, in this illegal and inhumane war?

If your so called democracy does that? than you are just deluding yourself.

snakelegs
06-16-2006, 04:06 AM
If you are not, than how come Terrorist Bush is dictating the life of american kid's into act of terrorism, perpetuating in hediouse crime against innocent, in this illegal and inhumane war?

so all his buddies can get richer.

If your so called democracy does that? than you are just deluding yourself.
i can't answer for bush. i was opposed to the invasion of both afghanistan and iraq.
i didn't say i thought we had a democracy - only that it is not a dictatorship. of course we have elections - but elections are not democracy. if you meant that bush, acting unilaterally, is dictating to the world, i would have no argument.
as far as iran is concerned, i would support a nuclear free middle east, to begin, with and ultimately a nuclear-free world.

Skillganon
06-16-2006, 03:18 PM
i can't answer for bush. i was opposed to the invasion of both afghanistan and iraq.
i didn't say i thought we had a democracy - only that it is not a dictatorship. of course we have elections - but elections are not democracy. if you meant that bush, acting unilaterally, is dictating to the world, i would have no argument.
as far as iran is concerned, i would support a nuclear free middle east, to begin, with and ultimately a nuclear-free world.
I will agree to that, but first nuclear free west. than nuclear free east.
Also it should be noted that the only country that have used nuclear weapon is U.S, and dismantling their weapon. It also should be noted U.S has weapon that can be equally considered as the most hediouse and horrific.

Nuclear weapon is 1 bomb that can cause damage in a mass-scale, not only U.S and other western goverment has that, but they have more in terms of number of those hediouse weapons that can cause damage in mass-scale.

What is the difference between 1 nuclear weapon and thousand's of those smaller hediouse weapon being dropped?

Muezzin
06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
What is the difference between 1 nuclear weapon and thousand's of those smaller hediouse weapon being dropped?
With one or two, you only get a couple thousand toasted Japanese people. With thousands, everyone and their dog becomes a melted marshmallow!

Nukes suck the big one.

Skillganon
06-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Animal Activist:
"Oh :( ! You can't have marshmallowed dogs, it is inhumane and cruelty"

snakelegs
06-17-2006, 01:16 AM
Nuclear weapon is 1 bomb that can cause damage in a mass-scale, not only U.S and other western goverment has that, but they have more in terms of number of those hediouse weapons that can cause damage in mass-scale.

actually the u.s. is using depleted uranium in iraq, and also did in afghanistan.

Muezzin
06-17-2006, 05:48 PM
actually the u.s. is using depleted uranium in iraq, and also did in afghanistan.
Does that mean 'Gulf War Syndrome: The Sequel'?

Vishnu
06-17-2006, 10:40 PM
What is Gulf War syndrome?

ManchesterFolk
06-17-2006, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ganeshsikkim
What is Gulf War syndrome?
Something bad.... Uranium isn't good when floating around.

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 07:27 PM
A Nuke can reck a place fore ages later...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.