/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Best way to reach youth's heart-the message of Islam.

shudnt_have
06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
:sl:

Please Brainstorm here if you got any ideas. I am really looking forward some kicking info..I have been discussing this topic with an elderly Muslim Librarian. Since we have a BIG age difference. I am trying to convince that media is best way to reach today's youth..

She is willing to cooperate by listening and my taking up the suggestions. if I can bring some mindblowing ideas on the bargaining table.

I am thinking of brining in more CDS and DVDS to the library..and plus

iw anted to prepare some power-point presentations which would cover the basics of Islam...

what do you all think? Please let me know...subha'Allah it is heart breaking to see some of the youths are miles away from Islam. may Allah guide us all and protect us from the greivious punishment of Hell fire. :X ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Daffodil
06-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Asalamulaikum

I dnt understand what u mean, are u talking about ideas in general or ideas for the library. Can u please elaborate

Ghazi
06-16-2006, 10:50 PM

We need shieks to be more in touch with the youth some imams bore the youth it's about communication if you achieve this then your heading in the right direction.

shudnt_have
06-22-2006, 07:32 AM

for the library....please...

as for the successful communication...can anyone chip in some tips on how to acheive that? plz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM

just as a general peice of advice, i think an important thing is to get their attention, so you need to appeal to them, with out trangressing the bounds established by islam.

and another thing is that there are ahadith and stuff that deal with the matter of talking to people at their own level, or something along those line... i.e. you dont want to overwhelm them with too much and make them feel hopeless.

also a good thing, in my opinion, is to highlight to them the mercy and good attributes of God, the kinds of things that will give them hope.

i hope that helps..:)

:w:

julie sarri
06-22-2006, 02:24 PM
:sl: I thinck we need to talk more about the prophet saw as he was a good role model and that what the youth of today need stories of the companions.Most of the youth dont realy know that much about them so i thinck it would be a good starting point :w:

Ghazi
06-22-2006, 02:38 PM

Shieks like "Abdul Malik" are a good example they're in touch with the youth if you listen to his lectures you'll be hanging of his every word, cause he can relelate to the youth in ways which imams of older generations can't.

Ayesha Rana
06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Oooh i've gotta hear his lectures.

aamirsaab
06-22-2006, 07:06 PM
It is common for the youth to mimic a role model. Subhanallah, the only role model we need is the prophet [saw] - although, the connection with the him is now lost.

Thus, one has two options:
* Remind them of the prophet [saw] and his actions
* Start to act upon his actions so that the youth may follow.

shudnt_have
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM

Some great advices. However if i had to be blunt and honest, some of them are just unachieveable. I am not a brother. :( some of the young teenagers who seems to be the lost are the young boys...but iam trying to reach some local muslim brothers who are knowledge and can help ( i havent seen any cool dudes who would be willing do that..as some said, some sheikhs do not appeal to these young teens..)

i got no way of reaching them? what am I suppose to do? (my worries stem from the difficulties my close female friends are experiencing with their young brothers...from what i know they are completely fed up with their gangster attitute...etc)

IDEAS I HAVE GATHERED for the Library materials SO FAR ARE::rock:
  • GET THE SEERAH OF PROPHET (PEACE BE UP ON HIM) IN AUDIO FORMAT
  • BUY THE STORIES OF SAHABAS; LIKE THE BOOK "THE MEN AROUND THE PROPHET (PEACE BE UP ON HIM)
  • GET THE ABDUL MALIK'S LECTURE.

My next question: what do you guys think if I make some powerpoints and burn them on CDS on these topics????

I need some sources for how to respect parent etc, and a child's duty towards's them. I remmeber one of the great stories Sheikh Sulayman has mentioned in his lectures..
are there stories like that??
please help for sake of Allah tallah.:muslimah:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.