/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A levels

Bittersteel
06-15-2006, 08:10 PM
can't A levels be completed within 1 year or 1.5 years?Is it always like 1 year or 2 years?
well if it is it narrows down my chance to join the army.Damn!I hate this life.:heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
salaam,

joining the army??
it takes 2 years in college brother....and whats wrong with an extra year? you'd find it goes very quickly anyways.

wassalam :peace:

Pk_#2
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

You can take one year A-level, eg retail etc...but that will involve doing double award, which is much harder of course,

All the best :)

WalaykumSalaam.

Pk_#2
06-15-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

joining the army??
it takes 2 years in college brother....and whats wrong with an extra year? you'd find it goes very quickly anyways.

AsalamuAlaykum,

It only takes 2 years if you are doing the single award,

which is first year As-level, das half the A-Level,

And then second year you complete that half and do A-levels.

I hope you understand all that.

WalaykumSalaam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend2
06-15-2006, 08:18 PM
salaam,

^^^^ yep thats what i meant...lol i dont know much about it since i havent reached that stage yet although i know bits from like my sisters and bro.

Pk_#2
06-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Your not in college....mature sister mashaAllah :)

afriend2
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Your not in college....mature sister mashaAllah :)
salaam,

loq nope not yet, inshAllah im hoping to go to an Islamic college next year, please make du'a for me.

and jazakAllah at the maturity thing...

youngsister
06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
You can do Intensive A Level thats what i be doing next year InshAllah

06-16-2006, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
salaam,

joining the army??

Well i know some1 who did A levels in one year, they took both As and A2 lessons for the same subjects. But it's gonna be kinda difficult and it depends which subjects ur taking, and how many.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
well if it is it narrows down my chance to join the army.Damn!I hate this life.:heated:
You're joking, right?
Please tell me you're joining the mujahideen or something....

Bittersteel
06-17-2006, 02:31 PM
I was talking about the Bangladesh army.afaik Bangladesh is mostly Muslim.

afriend2
06-17-2006, 07:07 PM
salaam,

^^^^ arent the army kind of corrupt in desh?

Allahu Alam

Bittersteel
06-17-2006, 07:14 PM
wtf?says who?
total bs.there's corruption in almost all armies but BD army compared to other institutions and organisations of Bangladesh are less corrupted.

afriend2
06-17-2006, 07:18 PM
wtf?says who?
total bs.there's corruption in almost all armies but BD army compared to other institutions and organisations of Bangladesh are less corrupted.
salaam,

i was recently in desh (actually a couple of years back) and there was a lot of commotion about the corruption including the matter of the army. like i said, Allahu Alam.

however, i would say strongly think about it before joining it. just because the people themselves may be muslims, the instructions may be un-Islamic.

but forgive me if im wrong, since ive only heard about things like this from my family.

strider
06-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I know my question is totally off-topic so forgive me: Why do you want to join the army?

Ma'assalama

Bittersteel
06-18-2006, 07:24 AM
becuz I have interest in that area,in the military.

i was recently in desh (actually a couple of years back) and there was a lot of commotion about the corruption including the matter of the army. like i said, Allahu Alam.
what matter?

Woodrow
06-18-2006, 07:43 AM
When I look into a mirror I am reminded of a young man I knew for a long time. Over 40 years ago, it was his dream to have a military career. He worked hard to make that dream come true. It was his desire to eventualy be a Combat pilot.

He managed to serve 7 years, in the USAF. Four of them years as a Security Dog handler, 2 of them as a combat pilot, one as a bed patiant in a Hospital bed.

Years later, came the dreams of the reality of what it means to be a military man, memories of the dead, memories of wondering who died from the dropped napalm.

The young man wanted to travel, excitement, serve his country and live a career to be proud of. But, today that young man is much older, a body wracked with arthritic pains from many shattered bones and with memories I wish I never had.

Think carefully about a desire to join the Army, be certain the cause will be worth the pain and memories, 50 years from now.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 09:01 AM
wtf?says who?
Take a look at the government of that country and tell me if you still want to join the army.
W'salaam

Bittersteel
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
you know nothing about BD army.If we were corrupted why there is a separate women's brigade.
Crap(crimes) happens sometimes but unlike other organisations in this country criminal are most of the time prosecuted.
ask the UN if you think our BD army is corrupted.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 01:38 PM
The UN? Lol.... okie dokie. So you think your government is good islamically? Because you will be serving them, correct?

afriend2
06-19-2006, 07:13 PM
you know nothing about BD army.If we were corrupted why there is a separate women's brigade.
Crap(crimes) happens sometimes but unlike other organisations in this country criminal are most of the time prosecuted.
ask the UN if you think our BD army is corrupted.
salaam,

i dont think i need to get some answers from the UN.
ive seen what they do to criminals, and ive heard some of the awful stories as well. money has corrupted peoples minds easily. yes, its true that desh is a poor country, and money ensures stabilty, however Islamic morals should come first.

Bittersteel
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
our govt is secular but the army isn't.Cadets are woken up at 5 in the morning for prayers,Muslims and Non-MUslims.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Your Govt is secular.... uh huh.... that answers it for me. I'm sorry it doesn't answer it for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.