/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alton Towers Muslim Funday

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Islamic Leisure Presents

ALTON TOWERS MUSLIM FUNDAY

17th September 2006

This event has been booked exclusively for our brothers and sisters by Islamic Leisure and will be held on Sunday 17th September. We have arranged with Alton towers to ensure no music, gambling or alcohol is allowed on the day as well as segregated adult ride areas, halal food stalls & designated prayer areas. We hope this day will live up to all your expectations and be a part of your happy memories for years to come.

Tickets are currently on sale. For those of you living in London you can either get them from me (please! I need to get them sold, help a brother out! e-mail me at blue_stratos@hotmail.com or call me on 07931 477 758) or alternatively book online at the Islamic Leisure website:

http://www.islamicleisure.co.uk

You can also buy over the phone. As well as seperate adult and child tickets, there will also be special family ticket deals at discounted rates. Please check the website for details inshaAllah. Also there will be coaches leaving on the day from London, Luton, Manchester and Birmingham. To find out coach ticket price and to book again check the website inshaAllah.

Please pass this message on through e-mail and word of mouth to all your friends and family. This is a first time, unique opportunity and needs to be a success if it is to happen again in the future inshaAllah. Get your tickets today, don't miss it!!

Islamic leisure Ltd is an up and coming leisure provider in the UK focusing on the needs of the Muslim community. Many of the leisure facilities in the UK are unsuitable for Muslim use due to the presence of alcohol, music & gambling onsite to name just a few of the Muslims concerns. We at Islamic leisure aim to liaise with existing leisure providers and arrange environments that are conducive to Islamic regulations whilst retaining the 'fun factor'. The ultimate aim is to fill the void in the arena of Halal leisure for Muslims.

www.islamicleisure.co.uk
0871 873 2939

Please forward

W'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Arwa
06-16-2006, 12:39 PM
:sl:

Sounds great! :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah.:)
I'm not going, but I thought others might be interested.
W'salaam

Musaafirah
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
OOH wow! that sounds so cool..do you think the seats will all be taken? :?
sounds like a good day out anyway..thank you for sharing!
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arwa
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
wa alaikum assalam

What seats?

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arwa
wa alaikum assalam

What seats?
Tickets are currently on sale. For those of you living in London you can either get them from me (please! I need to get them sold, help a brother out! e-mail me at blue_stratos@hotmail.com or call me on 07931 477 758) or alternatively book online at the Islamic Leisure website:

http://www.islamicleisure.co.uk
There you go.:wub:
W'salaam

Arwa
06-16-2006, 01:05 PM
But Alton Towers doesn't have seats... nor would they sell limited number?

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah i don't think it's limited.
W'salaam

SistaHH
06-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Jazakhallah for the info- sounds like a fun day out!

$i$ter
06-18-2006, 12:58 AM
I've jus bin wid a group of sistz da oda day ...der ws abt 45 of us all ova manchester dat went! ...it was sooo kool!

'RITA, Queen Of Speed' ...is well top! ...we w8ed abt an hour jus Be on da front row & it ws sooo worth it! ...My tears came out it ws soo fast!

...i myt B goin agen sumtim nxt month wid work if my team wins da insentive! (WE WINNIN AT DA MOMENT!) ..Inshallah!

hope yall av fun!

slm!..x

.................................................. ..............
Think Twice! ....Coz Theres Another Day For YOU & ME In Paradise!...x

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 01:36 AM

Where is Alton Towers@ and also does this mean they're gonna be no non-muslims there at all?

afriend2
06-18-2006, 11:06 AM
salaam,

mashAllah sounds wicked! i'll ask my family if they'd like to go inshAllah.

wassalam :peace:

afriend
06-18-2006, 06:55 PM
oh that looks good!

Helena
06-18-2006, 07:40 PM

that sounds really great!!!!!!!

i mite cum along....havn been alton towers yet....let see...my family or friends???

:w:

amirah_87
06-18-2006, 08:52 PM
oooh ma'shallah that looks good...i was plannin' on takin' my kids on a outin' somewhere on the sum hol's though..are'nt they gonna be back in school then!!

(my kids:meaning my students!! ;))

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Yeah sis, tehy probably would:).
W'salaam

Sister_6038
06-22-2006, 09:35 PM
hopefully i will be driving then...so i can stick all my friends...thats all 1000 of them into a 16 seater mini van ETHNIC STYLE I TELL YA!! HAHAHA!!

swanlake
06-23-2006, 09:23 AM

Isnt it Ramadhan on that day?

Nablus
06-23-2006, 11:22 AM
a blessd step

May Allah lead u to the good deeds

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
no its not ramadhan on that day, ramadhan starts around the 20th n the alton towers trip is on the 17th.

they gonna have it segregated, so brothers and sisters will have different times where they can go into the zones, so from 10-2 the brothers will be in certain zones n as will the sisters. but they will allow families with kids in the kiddis sections. but all adult rides wil be segregated.

we're gonna try n get some coaches going from our local masjid inshallah.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
You're going? MashaAllah, lucky you.
W'salaam

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
i dnt think i will be going sis cuz i will have a new born baby to look after but i might go, ill just see how i feel n if i think ill manage with the baby. i dnt go on rides so thats not a problem for me, im a wuss i dnt do rides.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Lol. I am a scaredy cat too, but I usually bottle up enough guts to get on the rides. I haven't been to a theme park in years though.

06-26-2006, 02:11 PM
Hey i'd like to go how much are the tickets?
And sis umm_shaheed how come ur not going?

Helena
06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
lol...i was planning to go wid my family but i'll be too busy prep for ramadan...something that we do every year....

mum and moi, making somasa before ramadan so it will be easier to fry it during iftar....its exciting..something i look forward every year!

so bye bye alton towers..but it wud've been wiked...a diff day wid da ummah!

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 02:17 PM
Nope, i dnt have enough courage to bottle my fear up n go on rides. i can just about manage the ferris wheel!

I think its a shame that ppl make ramadhan out to be a time where u have extra special food. Ramadhans about having less food, not having shed loads of special food u only keep for ramadhan it defeats the object. im gonna make a seperate thread on this.

Helena
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Nope, i dnt have enough courage to bottle my fear up n go on rides. i can just about manage the ferris wheel!

I think its a shame that ppl make ramadhan out to be a time where u have extra special food. Ramadhans about having less food, not having shed loads of special food u only keep for ramadhan it defeats the object. im gonna make a seperate thread on this.

sis..are u pointing out me sis? u cud've sed in a nice way.....

Daffodil
06-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I wasnt saying it directly to u, i was just saying it cuz u prompted me to say it. but i will be starting another thread on this. n i apoligise if u thought i was being harsh.

Helena
06-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I wasnt saying it directly to u, i was just saying it cuz u prompted me to say it. but i will be starting another thread on this. n i apoligise if u thought i was being harsh.
dnt worry sis..i'll be looking forward to ur thread inshalah...somasa its not a extra special thing for ramadan..its someting we have regularly......i knw the purpose of ramdan, some ppl do exceed food on ramdan and loose the purpose of ramadan..ur thread will be interesting...

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
Hey i'd like to go how much are the tickets?
And sis umm_shaheed how come ur not going?
Because i'll be too busy then. And Alton Towers will be missions.
W'salaam

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure. Try emailing the brother.
W'salaam
(jzk for the rep lol)

piXie
06-27-2006, 09:25 AM

lets all go and we will meet up :D

itll be FUN !! :p

i wanna go on all th fassst rides. lol

try an come sisters. th more of us th better...;)

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Lol sis, i'd love to. But I don't think I can.:(

piXie
06-28-2006, 09:33 AM

why not :(

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-28-2006, 10:29 AM
Because:(....
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Because i'll be too busy then. And Alton Towers will be missions.
W'salaam

piXie
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM

oh :(

sorry sis i missed tht. :sister:

dunno if i will be goin either :rollseyes

glo
08-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Is it true that the Fun Day was cancelled due to a lack of interest?

Starseeker
08-19-2006, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Is it true that the Fun Day was cancelled due to a lack of interest?
It was cancelled but not due to a lack of interest click on the website and It's all written there.:)

glo
08-19-2006, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starseeker
It was cancelled but not due to a lack of interest click on the website and It's all written there.:)
Which website, Starseeker? :?

I found this explanation in The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...835960,00.html

peace.

Starseeker
08-19-2006, 11:52 AM
It's http://www.islamicleisure.co.uk

glo
08-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks, Star Seeker

Isn't it amazing when you read totally different accounts of the same situation! :giggling:

I wonder what really was at the root of those 'contractual disagreements'???

Peace.

Snowflake
08-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I'm sure lots of people would love to go. But me.. I'm a chicken when it comes to those rides.. I'd rather do a sky-dive than trust the rides.. lol hmmm

Muezzin
08-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Luckily, aamirsaab and a few other people from our family went to Alton Towers anyway with those little £15 vouchers they send in the post. We went on Oblivion like, three times, Nemesis twice, would have gone on Air twice if the thing hadn't broken down, and Rita was closed for some bizarre reason. Overall though, we got on about thirteen or fourteen different rides, including the ones above. Sorted.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Lucky you. But I went to six flags in Holland over the holz. It was wicked. Especially goliath... you get a heart attack just looking at that thing.

afriend2
08-19-2006, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I'm sure lots of people would love to go. But me.. I'm a chicken when it comes to those rides.. I'd rather do a sky-dive than trust the rides.. lol hmmm
salaam,

sis i love massive rides! me and my cousin nearly cried when we went to chessingtons as kids...cos we were too short for the good rides! :cry: :cry:

i cant believe the Funday was cancelled! ...... that wouldve been the excuse i needed to go to a theme park!

wassalam :peace:

Daffodil
08-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Yep unfortunatly it was cancelled, alot of ppl from christian n jewish groups were complaining saying "how is it fair because if any one was to have a jewish or christian alton towers day then it wud be seen as unfair etc etc" theres lots of reasons, ppl just didnt want the muslims to go n have fun. the kuffar are never happy when it comes to things like this n want to make it horrible for the muslims. oh well may Allah swt reward islamic leisure abundantly any ways for trying ameen, n may he let us all enter into his fun abode in the name of Junnah tul firdos where we can have as much fun as possible ameen. cant wait.

glo
08-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Yep unfortunatly it was cancelled, alot of ppl from christian n jewish groups were complaining saying "how is it fair because if any one was to have a jewish or christian alton towers day then it wud be seen as unfair etc etc" theres lots of reasons, ppl just didnt want the muslims to go n have fun. the kuffar are never happy when it comes to things like this n want to make it horrible for the muslims. oh well may Allah swt reward islamic leisure abundantly any ways for trying ameen, n may he let us all enter into his fun abode in the name of Junnah tul firdos where we can have as much fun as possible ameen. cant wait.
Those are angry and bitter words, Daffodil! :cry:

Strange that Christian groups have complained, since for the last 11 years there has been an annual Christian event at Alton Towers ... http://www.ultimateevents.org.uk/altontowers.aspx

Peace, sister.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-19-2006, 05:58 PM
:uhwhat: noooooo why is it cancelled :(

Muezzin
08-19-2006, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Lucky you. But I went to six flags in Holland over the holz. It was wicked. Especially goliath... you get a heart attack just looking at that thing.
Holy moley! I've now got an excuse to go to Holland.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Lol. It's worth it.^^

believer1
08-19-2006, 06:05 PM
:sl: how r u all? i went dubai u c, so couldn't get in tuch
jus wannid 2 say salllams 2 all.:) :sister:

believer1
08-19-2006, 06:15 PM
:sl: Yeh i heard bout de muslims only day in alton towers but some people say dere's gonna be bombing dere so dats y its only muslims. does any1 know if dis is true?
wasalaam.:sister:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-19-2006, 06:16 PM
huh?!!! ^

S_87
08-19-2006, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by believer1
:sl: Yeh i heard bout de muslims only day in alton towers but some people say dere's gonna be bombing dere so dats y its only muslims. does any1 know if dis is true?
wasalaam.:sister:

:rolleyes:
no its not true. whats with all these rumors !! :rant:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-26-2006, 04:21 PM
innit.. :? i herd der woz gona b a bomb in metro centre las xmas.. sooo weird man :S

Sahabiyaat
09-04-2006, 10:45 AM
its cancelled.... ???...strange

i went alton towers last week :D ( for a fiver ;D )
and i'd rather go on shockwave consecutively all day than go on oblivion once ....lol i nearly cried before that ride ended...its so bloody frightening it should be illegal.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-04-2006, 05:37 PM
lol how u get in wid a fiver?? :p

Sahabiyaat
09-05-2006, 05:22 PM
lol

i got into alton towers and drayton manor both for a fiver!
my lil local masjid was given a grant to take kids out and since i'm a kid i went :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.