/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learning

AnonymousPoster
06-16-2006, 11:27 AM
It is kind of becoming a regular thing, I feel really down most of the time, like when I am trying to learn stuff, because I am so behind on things, I recently embraced Islam and I am still learning Arabic, things just seem very aggrivating, because it really feels like my learning is going so slow, it takes me a long while to memorise something compared to others, which really just upsets me most of the time, becuase no matter how hard I seem to try, I still end up being behind in the sense that if I do make any progress it is still minimal. Learning Qu'ran can be so fastruating because I have to learn it with someone then practice it and jus when it feels like I have learnt it, I check it again and theres mistakes which totally throws me off, I know that you have to have patience but it just feels so so so annoyin that no matter what I try it all still happens and I should be thinking about marriage but how can I even get married if I wont be able to teach my kids properly, it just feels like im stuck. I dont know if I am actually looking for comments, or just might be letting off steam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
06-16-2006, 11:32 AM
salams bro/sis

It's exactly for the reasons you mentioned that Allah gives double the reward to those who recite quran and find hardship in learning/pronouncing it properly, it's an authentic Hadith (dont hav the ref on me atm but i can look if u want)

Umm my advise is, it's not about how much you learn, it's about hwo consistent you are, that's how it goes with everything, personally i learnt alot, but there was a few years where i really didnt concentrate much on revising what i learnt and it all went up in vapour...

So learning one verse a week and applying it and living it is so much better than learning a page a day and not applying, revising and mastering it.

Allah will judge you based on your effort, not on the result, so don't stress inshalah :) Remember, you are getting DOUBLE the reward

so don't think you're behind, you're actually ahead of those who find learnign easy becasue of your added effort and perseverance

All thebest! if you hav trouble with arabic feel free 2plug a thread in the relevent section around here,
take care,

salams

lolwatever
06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
salams, oh and about not getting married coz u cant teach your kids..

i know of quite a few bros who did get married and they didnt know much (if any arabic) but they didnt use that as an exucse 2 not teach their kids, infact they attend arabic classes and stuff, and then they revise their stuff by teaching it to their kids.. and they find it qutie fun too.. the kids even feel good about 'haha daddy i know something u dont'

salams

AnonymousPoster
06-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I understand about the reward thing but the thing is that if im only learning so little a week or struggling to learn as much, then it is clear that I wont have as much knowledge that I can benefit from, which would mean also I wont be able to do more things which earn me more rewards and so forth.

As for the kids, what I mean is I could do the thing with the relaying what I have learnt but again, kids memorise and learn quick, after a month I wouldn't be able to teach them much, and if they learn any Quran I wouldnt be able to revise it with them it would all be dependent on someone else and the madrasas here are not very reliable.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
06-16-2006, 11:57 AM
salams

ok i'm guessing ur as is 4 soem reason, umm don't stress, you want a worst case scenario? There's an albanian bro i know.. and this guy been TRYING to learn arabic for more than a decade and he reeeeeeally suffered and exhausted himself, and i mean this guy was reeeeealllly suffering with it, but he put a brave face and kept at it

it took him like 5 years to get his head around the alphabets, anyway after all that hellish struggle mashalha he speaks it veeeeery elequoantly.. like u'd think he's a native Arab bedoin from the 1st decade AH.

the initial effort can be hard, he's a one off case, i havnt seen many that went thru as much trouble as he did... but its always the beginnign that's reeeeeallly hard

hey on another example.. i touch type right.. umm and i DIED trying to learn it.. it took me 1 year of hell practising and practising.. my dad never let me use the comp 4 anything except run this touch type software and learn it... but after all that hell and annoyance.. alhamdulilah i can type reeal quick mashalah and i actually appreciate all that effort i put in.... if it wasnt 4 that initial trouble.. i wouldnt be typing comments this long lol :P

all the best
salams

AnonymousPoster
06-16-2006, 12:04 PM
I understand what your saying and I see that, but to me it is worrying.

Hmm maybe I think thats why I knew that I wasnt lookin for comments, though I really appriciate it, because the comments are echoing half of what my brain is telling me, it is really akward because I know I should be patient and I know I inshallah will get rewarded but it still worries me, about my kids and stuff.

And what makes ya think im a sis?

lolwatever
06-16-2006, 12:08 PM
lol no idea

ill stick to bro/sis then

i guess all i can say is, do your bit, and leave the rest for Allah. Whoever seeks a path to knowledge, Allah opens a path for him to Jannah (Authentic Hadith)

Don't make learning arabic make marriage be an obstacle, alot of non Arabs where entering Islam in masses during the companions time, and they had families and stuff and they didnt say 'i dont know arabic yet so ill delay becoming Muslim', they went in with full courage and doen their best to teach themselves and their kids

Allah won't burden you with what you can't take :)

so don't stress, relax and be happy :) so long as ur consistent

tc salamz bro/sis
lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.