/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mpac

TestData
05-18-2005, 03:43 PM
:sl:

Did anyone see the Channel 4 Operation Muslim Vote?

I really enjoyed watching it though it was an insight into the workings of some muslim communities.

I was so shocked and disppointed with the muslims in places like blackburn especially the leaders who seemed to be so corrupted by power that they placed the welfare of Muslims secondary to their power.

A lot of respect to those two guys from MPAC who did all that hard work.

Whats your views?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
niqaabii
05-18-2005, 03:56 PM
nah ..i didnt watch it

S_87
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
do you know where i can watch online???????????????
and did u see the veiled sister...found out yesterday ..that sister is on this forum :D

Ibn Syed
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
I wanna see it too. Where is it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TestData
05-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Perhaps the MPAC website may have more details about it.

Yes I did see the part where the sister donated some money and gave a good telling off to those guys outside the mosque.

It was dispressing to see how insular and uninformed so many muslims were.

There were so many incidents in the program that disturbed me.

The leaders thought they were looking after their own interests in the UK by sacrificing their muslim brothers and sisters!

I couldnt believe it when one Muslim said they voted for jack straw because he had helped bring over some of their relatives from Pakistan.

Then their was the Muslim activists for labour going on about how the two guys from MPAC were anti semitic.

I think the guys from MPAC are doing a good job and we all should make an effort to help them. especially when it comes to lobbying other muslims so that we all try and bring a influence on a situation collectively.

aamirsaab
05-19-2005, 08:54 AM
i saw that program - it was wicked! :P

but what i found most disturbing is when the two mpac guys went to i think blackburn mosque and got beaten up - flippin ridiculous.

This proves my theory that the average muslim is not ver clever: "derrr u dont fight on camera, you dont fight with another muslim on camera...derrr" - crazy ppl on that, crazy.

MPAC - good luck. :thumbs_up

TestData
05-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Watch the repeat!

Channel: Channel 4
Date: Saturday 21st May 2005
Time: 04:25am to 05:25am

swanlake
05-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Salaam TD

Thanks for this. I havent seen it..but to get up at that time!! Well it is after Fajr so maybe it aint so bad.
I am looking forward to this much talked programme inshallah.

MetSudaisTwice
inshallah i will try and watch it

MetSudaisTwice
does anyone wath the Shariah TV on Channel 4?

Abubakar
05-20-2005, 12:26 AM

I watched 90% of it, I only found it as I was chanel hoping.

Really good program, the two guys really went for it.

I liked the part where they taked to all the Imans, so straight forward in their message.

I would recommend it, so watch or record the repeat.

I would add that I am biased because I think these guys were correct and if I had known about them I would have supported them.

In Bristol East a lot of Muslim brothers and sisters got a phone call on Election day from a friend or a friend of a friend saying that it looked like the Tories were going to win the seat so go and vote Labour. Really they were frightened that the Liberal Democrats would win the seat because there was a lot of anti-war feeling here.

The Tories came third!!! It was just a put up job. Such lies. Lots of people swallowed the story, of the people I've talked to more changed their vote because of this than anything else. I spent the next week asking them if they knew how to use their brain, I was so mad.

Striver
05-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Amani did you get to watch it then?

S_87
05-25-2005, 11:51 AM
nope
it dont load :(
even with that thing it still not working

MetSudaisTwice
05-25-2005, 11:52 AM
sheikh qasim our local imam was on Shraih TV on channel 4 a couple of weeks age

Striver
05-25-2005, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
nope
it dont load :(
even with that thing it still not working
Mine worked. you have to download all of them in order and then extract. You know how Chrism said on IF, thats exactly how I did it, and it worked.

ahm
05-25-2005, 12:48 PM

You know people make an issue about beard and stuff, but where were those brothers with beards speaking out? Instead we can nitpick for the way people are dressed? If people have an issue with beardless people speaking out, then you who have a beard do something.

Striver
05-25-2005, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahm

You know people make an issue about beard and stuff, but where were those brothers with beards speaking out? Instead we can nitpick for the way people are dressed? If people have an issue with beardless people speaking out, then you who have a beard do something.

^Mashallah, well said, and Its so true.

Striver
05-25-2005, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahm

And this is exactly what I said to those guys outside the mosque who started making an issue out of the MPAC Brothers' clothing and not keeping a beard. Alot of it wasnt shown on TV though.

Ra`eesah
05-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

not fair i missed out, i always miss out on tyhe good stuff

sonz
11-22-2005, 07:25 PM
asalam

i have just watched operation muslim vote

u can watch it here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...084892674428&q

it was really interesting and i support them but i didnt know that the sister with niqab was on this forum??? which member is she???

masalama

S_87
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM

the member two posts up :p
ie sister striver

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.