/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Were we all created equal?

*charisma*
05-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

well what do u think? what r ur views? :)
this is more of an oppinionated question i guess
unless i can contradict u on it ;)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ahm
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
:sl:

What do you mean? Men vs Women?

:wa:

Ibn Syed
05-18-2005, 08:50 PM
I think we were all created equal but thenpeople went astray and some stayed straight. I think that is the difference and the people on sirat al mustaqeem are not equal to those who are astray. I just mean we are higher than them. But not much.
:w:

*charisma*
05-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

no i meant as humans, were we all created equal.

example: a blind man and a man that can see?

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ra`eesah
05-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Allah is the creator and the one who evolves, I dont think i can answer that question... all i can say is that Allah created us all and created us all equal.... Allah is the most Just most Wise

h1jabi_sista
05-18-2005, 09:39 PM
i agree!

i think its an uncomfortable topic to talk about because there is not real answer what ever way you look it.

within myself i feel the only thing that splits the balance is religion,faith and iman.
a blind man can be equally successful as a man who can see. Things happen for a reason and allah gives to those who believe and do good deeds and have faith.

i guess everybody has different views on equality, i rekon its based on opinion

allah knows best
:)

Arwa
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

err..from what I understand from the question.. my answer would be:

Well.. as we all know, Allah has created us all equal.. no one is superior over another.. (Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasallam's last sermon) We will all be judged justly. :sister:

However, humans do not treat humans equally. :'( unfortunately that is.

There are quiet a few examples of which 2 I will state :unsure:
http://forums.gawaher.com/style_emot...ult/unsure.gif <-- emoticon :p

1) race.. ethinicty

2) I've noticed this in Pakistan (I don't know whether this happens in other places... it's quiet possible though) .. that if you go to a shop and you therelet's saaaay...you bike it and you have normal clothes on... and another person comes in a car with really good clothes on etc... then the person in the car will get treated as though he is a king whereas the person in a car will get treated like some off the street. :(
^ This is not neccessarily a shop.. anywhere.. even the police do it ???

:(

Ibn Syed
05-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Only Allah knows.

Khattab
05-18-2005, 11:27 PM

We are not created equal in terms of material things, but when it comes to judgement I feel everyone will be judged justly by Allah (SWT) on there intentions and circumstances.

"The Word changes not before Me, and I do not the least injustice to My Servants." (50:29)

Allah (SWT) will be just to his servants to the extent that even they will admit they had wronged themselves, and it was not Allah (SWT).

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Equality refers to value. We are all created with the same value. Poverty or disease does not decrease one's value. And we know the reason for suffering is that it is a test.

Ibn Syed
05-18-2005, 11:59 PM
True.

*charisma*
05-19-2005, 01:53 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

yes subhanallah very true ,
and plz dont get offended by the question cuz im not questioning Allah's creation or anything alhemdulilah

i just wanted to see ppls perspective on it and those who dont know where they stand in life and dont think they are all equal....

last year i believe, me and my uncle were discussing this and he asked me what i thought about equality and such i really dont know how the subject occured we were talkin bout the 4th dimention and then it shifted into that subject, wierd, well anywayz he told me something that subhanallah really got me thinking

he said if u put 2 men in a room and u put a red rose infront of them
wud they be able to convince eachother of the rose's color if one of them was color blind and the other one cud see?? wud they be equal?

i said well no they wudnt because the man that can see color will have the bigger advantage in life and it will be easier for him.

he said but how will they convince eachother the color of the rose through their perspectives, their sight?

i didnt know what to say i was flustered

that got me thinking and i was thinkin to myself that as people there are some who are blind and some that can see...when the blind cry subhanallah even though we think they cant see anything they can see everything and us as people that can see everything cant see anything because we let things get to our sight and block our views from the world.

So yes Allah subhana wa tala created us all equal whether we cant hear, cant see, or whatever....it seems as if we always look at the person next to us and want what we dont have or because we as humans dont feel "equal" get what im sayin..

Alhemdulilah for everything, Allah has blessed me with soo much i cudnt ask for anything else.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-19-2005, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
he said if u put 2 men in a room and u put a red rose infront of them
wud they be able to convince eachother of the rose's color if one of them was color blind and the other one cud see?? wud they be equal?
Well, they could both agree on a name for the color of the rose, but they would be unable to describe how that color appeared to them. In other words, if the rose is red, and the color-blind erson sees a greenish-red, that color-blind person has still grown up knowing greenish-red as red. So they will both agree the rose is red, but neither will be able to describe what red looks like to them.

Would they be equal? We need to know, equality in what sense? They are equal in the eyes of Allah azza wa jal. But they are not equal in their physical attributes, and if your original question was on whether or not we are all equal in our physical attributes, the answer is no. We are all different and diverse, and we are all tested in different ways.

that got me thinking and i was thinkin to myself that as people there are some who are blind and some that can see...when the blind cry subhanallah even though we think they cant see anything they can see everything and us as people that can see everything cant see anything because we let things get to our sight and block our views from the world.
beautifully said, subhanAllah. :thumbs_up

it seems as if we always look at the person next to us and want what we dont have or because we as humans dont feel "equal" get what im sayin..
Yes, I understand what you mean. It is man's nature to be greedy.

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 444: Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: I heard the Prophet saying, "If the son of Adam (the human being) had two valley of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam's son except dust, and Allah forgives him who repents to Him."

*charisma*
05-19-2005, 03:10 AM
Asalamu Alaikum

Well, they could both agree on a name for the color of the rose, but they would be unable to describe how that color appeared to them. In other words, if the rose is red, and the color-blind erson sees a greenish-red, that color-blind person has still grown up knowing greenish-red as red. So they will both agree the rose is red, but neither will be able to describe what red looks like to them.
that is why in life we must not always try to make others believe something or convince them into believing something, or for us to try to be the "same" or "normal" cuz there is no such thing in a society like this we are all so unique and different subhanallah
if we were all to think the same or act the same life wudnt be interesting and it wud be more of a struggle than it is today

Would they be equal? We need to know, equality in what sense? They are equal in the eyes of Allah azza wa jal. But they are not equal in their physical attributes, and if your original question was on whether or not we are all equal in our physical attributes, the answer is no. We are all different and diverse, and we are all tested in different ways.
yes subhanallah very true i dont remember the exact convo we had but i remember him asking me that and saying those words and it soo clicked with me alhemdulilah
life is soo long for those that practice and so short for those that dont
basically the lesson that i was taught through that is that when we arent blessed with something that a person has we are blessed with something else....everything we go through in life, our struggles, it molds us into a better person subhanallah because it keeps us strong for the upcoming struggles in the future, like it is said Allah tests one only up to what he can bare, for Allah is all-knowing, All-wise. We all see an object differently through our perspectives despite whether we are looking at the object from the same angle, in the same color whatever...like u may see a beautifully crafted, wooden chair, while for me it cud be a beautiful tree that once lived to serve as the purpose for that chair...either way we are both looking at a wooden chair.
many paths, different ppl, One purpose, One Allah subhana wa tala

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.