/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Situation In Somalia

Ghazi
06-17-2006, 11:52 AM
:sl:

JOWHAR, Somalia Jun 17, 2006 (AP)— The leader of the Islamic militants who captured the Somali capital earlier this month said 300 Ethiopian troops entered the country on Saturday and accused the United States of supporting the incursion.

The Ethiopian troops entered Somalia through the border town of Dolow in the southwestern region of Gedo at 8 a.m., Sheikh Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, chairman of the Islamic Courts Union, told journalists.

"We want the whole world to know what's going on. The United States is encouraging Ethiopia to take over the area. Ethiopia has crossed our borders and are heading for us. They are supporting the transitional federal government," Ahmed said.

"They have deployed a lot of soldiers around the border towns, which is why we have been saying that Ethiopia is going to send in troops to Somalia," the cleric said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Idris
06-17-2006, 12:09 PM
well I am from Somalia and anyone Somalia can know the very close friendship
of the US and Ethiopia. I hope Somalia is not the new Iraq,but however my people are sturdy and will fight of anyone that attempt to take over
[MAD][/MAD] [MAD][/MAD]

Vishnu
06-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Will Somalia ever have peace?

root
06-17-2006, 12:29 PM
my people are sturdy and will fight of anyone that attempt to take over
Does that mean they are going to fight the Islamist Militia since they are attempting to take over and also wonder if you could give us an indication of who exactly is backing them?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vishnu
06-17-2006, 10:48 PM
When was the last time they had a Goverment in Somalia?

amirah_87
06-17-2006, 11:21 PM
ass salaamu alaykum ppl......

i just hope that place does'nt get turnt into iraq or palestine no2.....

i heard that the north of somalia is the only part in somalia that actually has a government!!

lavikor201
06-17-2006, 11:24 PM
I thought they controlled the south pary and Mogudishu.

Idris
06-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Does that mean they are going to fight the Islamist Militia since they are attempting to take over and also wonder if you could give us an indication of who exactly is backing them?
The people are back them.

Will Somalia ever have peace?
Allah know I hope soon,But I feel the US don't like this and will come back.

When was the last time they had a Goverment in Somalia?

The north where I am from has a Goverment and has peace, but it's wanted to spit from the south because of the war lord the controlled the south,but it will not now because the so called "Islamist Militia" have won back Mogudishu after 15 years of hell.

Trumble
06-18-2006, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idris
But I feel the US don't like this and will come back.
Hmm.. reading

UN fears new conflict in Somalia

I fear the US will be the least of your problems. Take care... we can only hope peace finally comes to Somalia soon, and without further bloodshed.

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 12:47 PM

Stupid UN we don't want the goverment we want the Islamic courts to bring in the sharia but yet again they never do listen to the people do they.

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 04:20 PM
The north where I am from has a Goverment and has peace, but it's wanted to spit from the south because of the war lord the controlled the south,but it will not now because the so called "Islamist Militia" have won back Mogudishu after 15 years of hell.
That is to bad. I will pray for all the innocent in Somalia.

Ummu Amatullah
06-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Hi Root,
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Does that mean they are going to fight the Islamist Militia since they are attempting to take over
No the Somali people will not fight the Islamists nor have an uprising against them since the Islamists themselves say that they aren't looking into forming their own government or into taking over the whole of Somali,they only wish to establish the Shari'a and to establish safety for the Somali citizens.
and also wonder if you could give us an indication of who exactly is backing them?
The people or the Sha3ab are the ones that are backing up the Islamists 100%

muslima04
06-18-2006, 05:53 PM
for the first time in 15 years the Somali ppl in modish actually slept peacefully and this is due to islamic militia. the world is seeing this issue through the eyes of the media and ya rabi they are so inaccurate. why do ppl panic when ever they see the world "Islam" or "islamic". i cant believe they are actually linking them to al-qadi.....plzzz. anyway insha'allah everything will end Allah's way.

root
06-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Root - Does that mean they are going to fight the Islamist Militia since they are attempting to take over and also wonder if you could give us an indication of who exactly is backing them?

Idris - The people are back them.
I am sorry but I just don't see that as being very truthful, for a start "The People" cannot offer finances for the Islamic forces to buy weapons and to a certain extent fighters.

Finances for the courts are reportedly being provided by rich individuals in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States.

There have also been reports that Eritrea - which has a long-running border dispute with Ethiopia - has been supplying arms to the Islamists. This is denied by the authorities in Asmara. The chairman of the Union of Islamic Courts, Sharif Sheikh Ahmed, has written to the United Nations, the European Union and the United States, calling for the establishment of friendly relations with the international community, based on mutual respect. In his four-page letter he denied giving sanctuary to Islamic extremists, or groups loyal to al-Qaeda.
Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/5092586.stm

Here are comments of your everyday Somalians and it does not really give overwhelming support to the Islamic militia, further the majority seem to want the Government already in place to do something to help them

The Islamic militia are now patrolling the town and I have seen many people have congregated in front of the police station. Some of the people were welcoming them but most of others are fleeing.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/5080700.stm

Abdidir Ali Hashi - I support the government - we need a government. We can accept [President Abdullahi] Yusuf even though he is not from here but from northern Somalia. We have a saying: "A man who marries your mother becomes your uncle." This means that if we really want to, we can all live together again. The first thing the government must do is to take down the checkpoints, disarm the militias and restore law and order. I also hope that education would be free again.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041421.stm

Mahamut Issa Abdi I have heard that a new Somali president has been elected in Kenya. I really hope he can come back to Somalia and end this anarchy. If there is a new government, I would like to go to school and learn something. This hammer is very heavy and if I had a choice, I would do something else. But if I could not go to school and had to carry on doing this, at least if there were a government, I would not have to give half the rods to the gunman.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4040889.stm

Nimo Ali Hassan For myself, I am afraid that a new government might regulate the khat trade but for Somalia, I think they should. Also, if there were a government, I hope I would be able to find another job. I would prefer to do something else.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041027.stm

Bashir Aden Ibrahim It's better to have a government but I am not confident that a government can come and control the whole country unless foreign troops come and disarm us because there is so much distrust between the clans here. Or maybe Somalia's former soldiers could help us to disarm. For myself, I have no problem with the newly elected president [Abdullahi Yusuf] or his prime minister [Ali Mohamed Ghedi] but I will do what my leader tells me.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041315.stm

Abdullahi Abuker Mahamud - I have heard about the new government and I fully support it. Life is very hard for us cattle herders.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041251.stm

Halima Mubarak Rashid - I have heard about the peace process but I have so many problems surviving, I haven't had time to think about that. My mind is full up, trying to find enough food to eat and pay my children's school fees.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041825.stm

We support the new government and have been following what they have been doing. I think this time will be different. I hope the government can give me some assistance. There are no schools or health services.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041161.stm

Muktar "Idi" Ramadan - I hope this government will restore peace and hope to Somalia but I don't have faith that they will. It will be very hard to collect all the weapons from the militias. I cannot see all the different warlords working together. They are not going to fulfil their promises to disarm their militia. They all still want to be president and we cannot have 15 presidents in Somalia.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4041111.stm

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 07:26 PM
It sounds like there aren't many people who care about the innocent in Somalia... Is there a people party there? or just warlords, and extremists?

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
It sounds like there aren't many people who care about the innocent in Somalia... Is there a people party there? or just warlords, and extremists?

Why do you call them extrimists please don't by into the western stupidity they're just against somalia being run by the sharia they don't want islam to rise and regain it's former glory which will happen sonner or later.

ummAbdillah
06-18-2006, 07:34 PM
salaam
may allah bring peace to somalia and other countries
in similar situations
ameen
wa salaam

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Why do you call them extrimists please don't by into the western stupidity they're just against somalia being run by the sharia they don't want islam to rise and regain it's former glory which will happen sonner or later.
Well the person from Somalia in this thread was saying that people run in fear from them also I think...

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Well the person from Somalia in this thread was saying that people run in fear from them also I think...

I'm also Somali, people might just be afraid of armed men it's common when the SWAT go into the building people do take notice same with most law enforment who are armed, anyways Somalia is a muslim country and therefore the courts have evry right to bring in the sharia. What I don't like is some people from other nation's to decide whats good for our country why can't the UN see this is what we want.

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 08:23 PM
You live in Somalia? Wow, than this is playing out right in front of you. There isn't any fighting near you right now is there?

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 08:27 PM
You live in Somalia? Wow, than this is playing out right in front of you. There isn't any fighting near you right now is there?

I live in the uk but I'm keeping upto date with the situation from the media and I hope it works out well.

amirah_87
06-18-2006, 08:28 PM
i don't think he lives there @ the mo' !!! i think he's a britsh somali

i agree with bro' islam_truth!!...it is annoying seein' other ppl butting in ,they should just let them be!!!....it's best to fight the crimes in your country first b4 tryin' to crack down crimes in other ppl's!!!

lavikor201
06-18-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

I live in the uk but I'm keeping upto date with the situation from the media and I hope it works out well.
Is your family ok? Do you have any loved ones still in Somalia?

DAWUD_adnan
06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Im somali two and let me tell you theses so called clerics arent and do not KNow anything of islam they have just gathered knowledge from the Quran which they use to lie to people subhanAllah!

they are beating women who do maybe not even have the money to buy hijab's! while they sit there and watch the criminals operate and they also also hav soled EVRYTHING from somalia after they took it over ! mango plants EVEN our SHEEP! astagfirullah!! they have planted Drugs in somalia which they use to run the young minds and manipulate them!

IM FROM MOGADISHU MYSELF AND KNOW THAT IT IS VERY BAD THERe
they are just kiling other muslims, they do not read to the people the parts of the quran that express Forgiveness and MErcy!

they just read the fighting part and we all know that the fighting part is in fact the fiting against our own NAFS, these people are very bad and are just planning to takeover the country and to place it under thier rule and deny what Allah has orderd!
they have their AK's on their Right HAnds and the Quran on their left hands And they say that ANyone who does not follow them is a KAfur!
they hav their children educated in USA and Europe and they call the somali who have left to go to europe as refugees KAfirun!
one time they killed a theatre FuLL of children the oldest being 8 year old because they were watching a film!

subhanAllah! these people deserves what comes to them they are EVIL! they are the munafiqun!
they use youngmen who can not read and are mostly orphans to fight while their own kids are getting ''FAT'' in Europe !

amirah_87
06-18-2006, 08:55 PM
subhaanallah....that's bad!!...but becareful who you call a munaafiq akhee!!...only Allah can judge that insha'allah....

DAWUD_adnan
06-18-2006, 09:33 PM
thats true Allah please forgive me for my insolence!

AlhamduLilahi Rabi al- alamein!

rali ahaw wallalo!

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
thats true Allah please forgive me for my insolence!

AlhamduLilahi Rabi al- alamein!

Edit your post inshallah.

Idris
06-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Root not mean but you have no idea what’s going on in Somalia your just miss quoting people just to get your view across. Like this guy

Bashir Aden Ibrahim It's better to have a government but I am not confident that a government can come and control the whole country unless foreign troops come and disarm us because there is so much distrust between the clans here. Or maybe Somalia's former soldiers could help us to disarm. For myself, I have no problem with the newly elected president [Abdullahi Yusuf] or his prime minister [Ali Mohamed Ghedi] but I will do what my leader tells me.
This guy is a GUNMAN

I have been a gunman for 14 years.
I work at a check-point, where we stop passenger buses, taxis and good trucks but if we see a vehicle with its own security guards, we leave them alone.
We are ignorant - we just do what our leaders tell us. If our leaders tell us to start fighting, that's what we know best, so it's very easy.
This is what the fight is about to stop people like this meat head that will kill anyone if they don’t pay up.

Abdullahi Abuker Mahamud - I have heard about the new government and I fully support it. Life is very hard for us cattle herders.
Another one you miss quote THE NEW GOVERNMENT IS WHO?

I have heard about the new government and I fully support it.

I think the government can bring peace and stability to Somalia

The first thing they should do is to collect the weapons from the gunmen.

Root I have no time to fix your wrong doings, but don’t just miss quote.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 11:03 AM
No frickin way! Oh I hope those dogs are chased back out of the country. As if occupying part of Somalia isn't enough.
Allahuma a'izzal Islama wal Muslimeen!

Idris
06-19-2006, 11:12 AM
one time they killed a theatre FuLL of children the oldest being 8 year old because they were watching a film!
You have a link or something we can look at?

Your just 1% of somali that have this view...but your view is yours

DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
i heard it on the somali radio,

i saw another on TV were this woman is EATING her arms!
saying; I Will eat the Kufar!
im not playing around but im sure that a muslim would never eat an arm because of their rage

these people have killed many trust me im telling you in my opinion they are munafiqun but Allah knows best, these are the same people who were selling body parts from US soldiers, in 1993

Mslims do not do that!

we live and die by honour and peace

muslima04
06-19-2006, 10:49 PM

im not playing around but im sure that a muslim would never eat an arm because of their rage

these people have killed many trust me im telling you in my opinion they are munafiqun but Allah knows best, these are the same people who were selling body parts from US soldiers, in 1993

Mslims do not do that!

looooooooool oh my Allah brotha where on earth are u getting this ridiculous info from. "i saw another on TV were this woman is EATING her arms!
saying; I Will eat the Kufar!" you saw it on tv???????? mind if i ask where cause i would like to see it. subhan'allah ppl need to check their info before informing others.

Wahid
06-20-2006, 12:02 AM

Mslims do not do that!

Salaam
Wow ur obviously brain washed by anti Islamic programs.. Selling body parts, women eating her hand? Right.
check ur sources carefully bro, if they did what u accuse them of the western media would be all over it since they have a pro western gov in the north... and how long have they been power?? One week? Fear Allah! before claiming such huge accusations without any evidence...

lavikor201
06-20-2006, 03:35 AM
It just sounds so crazy there right now. Hopefully the people will be able to live safely there soon.

mujahedeen2087
06-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Well if the islamic militas are true muslims then Allah will help them and cause them to triumph. That goes for the resistance in Iraq palestine chechnya etc. don't you all understand it by now the reason we are losing all over the world is because we are not working to establish a true islamic state! We are supposed to be an example to the whole of mankind. but we have fallen back. We are the most hated ppl in the world. we have only ourselves to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![MAD][/MAD]

DAWUD_adnan
06-20-2006, 05:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vahid
Salaam
Wow ur obviously brain washed by anti Islamic programs.. Selling body parts, women eating her hand? Right.
check ur sources carefully bro, if they did what u accuse them of the western media would be all over it since they have a pro western gov in the north... and how long have they been power?? One week? Fear Allah! before claiming such huge accusations without any evidence...

SunhanAllah ! i do fear my Lord Allah more then anyone else,
ive seen this on the somali television programm on the somali TV

Quruxbadaan
06-20-2006, 05:57 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum

the situation is unfortunate in somalia but tis destined and nothings happens without the will of the ruller of Man and jin so all we can do im afraid is pray

May Allah restore our deen and bring us back to the authentic islam practiced by the prophet saw and his sahaaba Ameeen !!!!!
Maa salaama

DAWUD_adnan
06-20-2006, 06:00 AM
ameen sister,

Allah shall jugde between all and HE is Exalted in Might All-Knowing

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mujahedeen2087
Well if the islamic militas are true muslims then Allah will help them and cause them to triumph. That goes for the resistance in Iraq palestine chechnya etc. don't you all understand it by now the reason we are losing all over the world is because we are not working to establish a true islamic state! We are supposed to be an example to the whole of mankind. but we have fallen back. We are the most hated ppl in the world. we have only ourselves to blame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![MAD][/MAD]
Not necessarily. It's because our sins are as high as those of the kuffar. That is the only reason we lose a battle, because of our sins. The reason the battle of Uhud was lost was because the archers disobeyed the Rasul (SAW) and therefore sinned. Remember that next time y'all sin.
W'salaam

jm100
06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Not necessarily. It's because our sins are as high as those of the kuffar. That is the only reason we lose a battle, because of our sins. The reason the battle of Uhud was lost was because the archers disobeyed the Rasul (SAW) and therefore sinned. Remember that next time y'all sin.
W'salaam

To my knowledgem the battle of Uhud wasn't a "defeat", more or less a draw. I have this belief from the crticisms scholars levied against and animated cartoon about the Prophet Muhammad's (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) life. One of the crticisms was the movie portrayed Uhud as a defeat, when it wasn't. But the reason there was a draw was because the soldiers dudb't obey the Prophet Muhammad(sallallahu alayhi wassalam) and did not guard the canyon and ran to the booty.

:w:

youngsister
06-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Salam i am from Somalia too i really hope the Islamist Militia will take over and for Somalia to have a proper government soon Ish`Allah.

Abdullah4ever
06-21-2006, 07:19 PM

This is a frustrating time, Allah is the best of all planners. My parents r going to somalia in a couple of weeks ... Insha'allah they wont get hurt

Ghazi
06-21-2006, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

This is a frustrating time, Allah is the best of all planners. My parents r going to somalia in a couple of weeks ... Insha'allah they wont get hurt

Inshallah no harm will come to them.

Vishnu
06-21-2006, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

Are your parents aid workers or soemthing? Why would they want to go to Somalia? (Family?)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.