/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am new to islam help me

anonymous
06-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Salam everyone i reverted to islam about three months ago i now wear the full hijab i believe islam is the right religion.
I used to be a model i had everything i could always rely on my looks and body but now that i am a muslim and wear the full hijab my life changed for the better.
But At times i get upset because i cant do what i used to do i miss looking beautiful i miss doing my hair and showing it off i miss all those compliments i used to get oh forgive me i feel weak :(
I always loved male attention i loved the comments and now i dont know i am a good muslim but at times i dont know why i feel like this maybe is because of the country i live in temptation all around me i dont know please help a new sister:sister:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
06-17-2006, 01:00 PM
My Muslims sisters will be much better at advising you in this matter.

I just wanted to welcome here. :thankyou:
I trust you will get much support and advice in this forum.
Adjusting to a new way of life, as you are, must be difficult! Do you mind me asking in which country you live?

May you always walk with God, sister. :)

Blessings.

786rani
06-17-2006, 01:02 PM
mashallah sis congrats on yr reversion. be strong and you'll achieve rewards in the other world inshallah. having guys attention can have loads of problems reape ect. remember that next time. hope u all the best.
rani

anonymous
06-17-2006, 01:10 PM
glo I live in England but used to live in Italy .
Rani i understand i always needed compliments my whole life was based on my looks and now is different is just a bit hard sis thats all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
786rani
06-17-2006, 01:12 PM
i'm like that aswell with attention but u just have 2 control yrself.
rani

Ghazi
06-17-2006, 01:24 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the fourm

limitless
06-17-2006, 01:39 PM

Subnallah, just amazing. Everyday since I joined this forum I am just surprised to see more reverts/converts. Especially a model, just amazing. I mean, I am so impressed, may Allah keep you strong and guide you to the righteous path. I just want to say this, start by doing little things, start to pray 5 times a day, read Qu'ran, and if you really wanted to feel compliemented then I'd suggest you get married :), hence you only please your husband not other men, besides that it completes 50% of your religion in islam. I am so NOT good at advices but I try to. May Allah keep you strong and guide you through the righteous path.

:w:

anonymous
06-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Thank you brother i do pray and so on. Maybe i just need to get used to the full hijab and i would love to get married thanks for the advice :)

anonymous
06-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you i could look at it in that way! I just need to really get used to it.
It not about the compliments really but the fact that now i need to change my approach to things i cant rely on looks so i am just a bit scared nobody ever looked at my personality or who i am on the inside.

Pk_#2
06-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Don't worry about what everyone thought of you in the past, now your a covered Muslimah everyones going to reflect on your personality, seeing as your appearence is quite hidden, hiding your beauty isn't easy, May Allah (Swt) reward you for your efforts.

Peace :)

Makky
06-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Alhamdullilah . praise be to Allah who Saved you .
in few points ...What i think you should do is:
1- You are now starting a new life at which your values are different from non-muslims , So you have to build your islamic values ..what should count and what shouldn't count ... I know that you know that looks, color & race don't count but faith...what i want to say is how can you create another personality to live with .. You need to renovate your views from inside... Waiting for compliments is a bad thing in islam even if its for faith. So in few words purify your intention , always try to make this strong in your heart , keep purifing , make it a deep belief in your heart
2- I know many cases who have the same problem , i guess those people always think they deserve the best of the best . and this is an important point you should notice... and my advise in this point consists of two points :
2-a Try always to persude yourself that its allah who created you beautiful , its not you but its Allah's gift , Try to exercise by avoiding the best things you like in your life for sometimes , Fast at least 3 days each month , Don't buy everything you like to buy.. in this way you will feel some changes in your personality ...what we need to feel is that we are slaves asking for forgivenss and don't deserve compliments
2-b on the opposite you can't avoid your best friends who always remind you to be a good muslim , in this case we must search for the best of the best even in marriage seek the one you feel he is the best , and with him its good to wait for his compliments.

may allah grant us his guidance ameen

REPSTER
06-17-2006, 04:02 PM

congratulations on becoming a muslim

MashaAllaah may Allaah swt reward you for your efforts sis.it is excellent that u wear the full hijaab.
every blessing that Allah swt has given us we should us it in his way wether it be beauty, money, speech etc
when we do this Allah swt inceases those blessings.
remember this is a test and with every test that you pass there is peace and happiness after it.

sometimes when we find following islam really difficult(its not easy nowadays)
we should strengthen our relationship with God.we can do this by reading th Quraan and learning about islam.also Reading the prophet Muhammmad (pbuh's) seerah. doing this makes u feel content and at peace.

its very difficult to change ur lifestyle. but the more difficult something is for us to do the more good deeds we get for it.May Allah swt give u patience.

Halima
06-17-2006, 04:54 PM

Beauty on the outside eventually fades.

Beauty on the inside stays forever.:)

DigitalStorm82
06-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I suppose you've already passed the test of external beauty. You know you're beautiful, you don't have to prove it anymore.

Alhumdulillah, You have accepted Islam. You will soon see the flaws of your previous life style.

Now the test is... whether people will like your internal beauty. I'm guessing not many people looked at you before and said, wow, she's has a great heart.

It's definitely not going to be easy to adjust... but, in Islam, everything you do is to please your Lord.

Be patient sis, you have our support 110% of the way.

I would like to hear your story on how you became a muslim. They are always so beautiful. Please do share with us :)

May Allah make this test and task easy for you, Inshallah.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

limitless
06-17-2006, 06:18 PM

Yes indeed. I am so interested in hearing how you became a muslim, it is not quiet often where you get a beautiful model turning to islam, very indeed surprising to me, Subnallah. You are one of my new insiprations now :) , May Allah grant you paradise in the hereafter, guide you through this rough changes in your life, and help you become a better muslim each and every day. You will be rewarded from the creator of all, Allah for becoming a muslim and now changing your self from a beautiful model to a way more beautiful sister by obeying Allah, his Commandments and everything that every muslim must follow. May Allah give you patience and a stronger heart to bear the difficulties that you are facing or will be facing in the near future.

~*miz*kurdiya*~
06-17-2006, 10:37 PM
salaam hun...
i felt the same way when i started wearing hijab i loved my fashion and although i loved islam sometimes i would feel i wanted clothes hair and stuff back and i felt confused bout which was the real me cos i want used to it...but its shaytan that plays with us... at the end of the day u know islam is the right religion so everytime u feel bad bout it just think bout why u reverted and try put it to the back of my mind... when i first started wearing the hijab three months down the line i thought bout taking it off and then everyday i would wake up and say to myself ok let mesee how today goes im gonna keep it on for today.. if i got through that day i would wake up the next day thinking well i got through it yesterday and i will beat shaytan today aswell.. and now its been 8 months and alhumdulilah im much better and i still think bout how i miss my hair and clothes lol but hey what do they matter? at the end of the day someone is gonna look at you and respect you for who u are not cos of just what they see... and that persons suggestion was good... maybe get married... theres many good brothers out their and mashallah many reverts too so no doubt you can find someone u can relate to on that level as well...take it slow hun one day at a time... the guys may not understand as well as the girls but so many of us go through what you go through everyday but then weigh those peoples compliments with how Allah will be pleased with you... which is worth more?

(in saying this i hope it goes to my brain too ;) )

Isra
06-18-2006, 03:36 AM
You get less compliments, but trust me, you get more respect.

Woodrow
06-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Speaking as a Man who is a fairly recent newbie to Islam, I am very much impressed with the beauty of ALL Muslimahs. It is only after I became Muslim that I discovered the true equality of women, the true inner beauty each possesses. To me it now seems like it is such a shame that non-Muslim women fail to see their own beauty and allow an outside temporary screen to pass as beauty.

glo
06-18-2006, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Speaking as a Man who is a fairly recent newbie to Islam, I am very much impressed with the beauty of ALL Muslimahs. It is only after I became Muslim that I discovered the true equality of women, the true inner beauty each possesses. To me it now seems like it is such a shame that non-Muslim women fail to see their own beauty and allow an outside temporary screen to pass as beauty.
That's a beautiful reply, Woodrow.
I want to thank you on behalf of all women - Muslim and non-Muslim.
May we all know our God-given inner beauty and qualities!

Your post reminds me of this:
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.