/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any reverts/converts to Islam from teenagers?

limitless
06-17-2006, 01:24 PM
:sl:

It is a curisotry to me, if young adult women/men convert to islam, then it is possible for teenagers as well :) . So anyone here converted to islam from ages 16+?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
06-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Personally, i know of four people who accepted Islam at an early age. Two sisters were 13 but extremely intelligent and mature for their age, another sister who was 16 at the time and a brother who accepted Islam at 14 and is nearing his 18th birthday.

Ma'assalama

Fishman
06-18-2006, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

It is a curisotry to me, if young adult women/men convert to islam, then it is possible for teenagers as well :) . So anyone here converted to islam from ages 16+?

I'm fourteen and almost a Muslim! Alhamdulilah!

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
I'm fourteen and almost a Muslim! Alhamdulilah!

Huh? almost a muslim?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
06-18-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Huh? almost a muslim?
My parents don't want me to say my shahadah yet, but Insha'Allaah I will soon.

strider
06-18-2006, 12:48 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Brother, if you believe in the shahada with your heart and declare it with your tongue you technically are a believer and all you have to do is repeat it infront of 2 muslim males or one muslim man and a woman. :)

Ghazi
06-18-2006, 01:01 PM

Don't dely brother do it as soon as possable and welcome to islam :)

umm_amina04
06-19-2006, 07:07 AM
:sister: :brother: :sl:
Just, been reading the posts and would like to knwo how you can be almost a muslim? Yeah sure I've heard of being born muslim, reverting to Islam, a converted muslim but never in the 4 1/2 years that I have been muslim I have never heard being "ALMOST A MUSLIM" you either are a muslim or your not, make up your mind. Will you stand on AL-YOM-AL-QIYAM and say to your lord, I didn't say my shahada becuase my parents did not want me to, but I was almost a muslim in the dunya? fear Allah SWT and speak of which you know that is truthful.

Now in reply to this thread yes, it's possible for teens to convert/revert to Islam, I reverted during my mid teens and so have many other friends and muslims that I have come across. Everybody I'm sure goes through the time of misguidance, then by the will of Allah become muslim and say their shahada. Muslims are the same some find the straight path and make sincere repentance to Allah. Nobody is perfect.

:thankyou:

F.Y.
06-19-2006, 07:09 AM
There are other members of this forum that are teenage muslims. I remember one brother - Henry. He doenst visit us anymore but I think he was about 11/12 when he reverted. He is about 15/16 now.

Peace

samina1
06-19-2006, 07:19 AM
iam born muslim, but not sure abt my parents, i was adopted whn i was a baby, da family who adopted me dont say anythin abt my parents n who thy were, but a while ago here in my state we had a islamic convention n thr was a guy cnt remba his name, who wnat 2 make da muslims who were thr in da convention his witness in judgment day, so he stood up n made da shahada infront of hundreds of muslim ppz MASHALLAH, im still amazed, he was pretty much a teenage, i duno i think we was same age as me, but not quite sure..
[BANANA]fishman, do whts u think is right for u, inshALLAH u have gt my dua on it.. nothin can go wrng if u r willin to do somethin good, as far as ur parents, may ALLAH show thm da right path tht u r on.. suma ameen[/BANANA]

Umar001
06-22-2006, 01:25 PM
I reverted at 18 and now 19 and I know at least 4 others that reverted from my college.

cAn someone share with us, I think it is a hadeeth, that states there is no obidience to creation if it means disobidience to the creator or something.

So if your parrents husband wife children are telling you to do something haram you dont have to obey them.

Else I prolly wouldnt be muslim

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 03:29 PM
This one guy reverted wen he was 12 years old n now hes 14 n lookin for a wife mashallah.

AvarAllahNoor
06-22-2006, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
This one guy reverted wen he was 12 years old n now hes 14 n lookin for a wife mashallah.
Looking for a wife at 14?? Jeez they do start young...

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Atleast hed rather make an honest girl out of her n himself n is willing to take care of her for the rest of their lives rather then sleeping around.

May Allah reward the brother abundantly ameen.

Goku
06-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Ameen

Its nice to see that even young people are reverting to the Truth.

AvarAllahNoor
06-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Atleast hed rather make an honest girl out of her n himself n is willing to take care of her for the rest of their lives rather then sleeping around.

May Allah reward the brother abundantly ameen.
If he's in England, as well as other countires that would be illegal!

Ghazi
06-22-2006, 04:28 PM

Mash'Allah wise brother.

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
If he's in England, as well as other countires that would be illegal!
yep its here in sheffield my husbands dawah project was helpin him out.

n that law is pretty stupid considering they have all these underage pregnancies n young kids humping eachother left right n center. why? because the western society tells them that theyre only teenagers n its ok to act stupid n rebel n do such things, they tell them about contraceptives as young as 11 yet they dnt allow marriage, how daft a system is that, talk about double standards!

Alhumdulillah in Islam u arent inbetween, ur not lost, ur either a kid or adult n in islam adulthood starts at puberty. n in islam wen a child becomes an adult they are treated like one, unlike the western society, ppl under 18 are seen as kids n are looked upon as kids n treated like kids hence why they act like stupid kids its called "self ful filling prophercy"

Nawal89
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Looking for a wife at 14?? Jeez they do start young...
thats disturbing :heated: :heated:

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
thats disturbing :heated: :heated:
Why is that disturbing for u? Is it because society tells u, u have to be 30 years old with a nice car n house before u even think about getting married.

Nawal89
06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
^No it's not because of that at all. Marriage isnt just something to fling around like that. MashaAllah for him if it works out. Does he even have a sense of responsiblity yet? Can he even support her? Sure it's good to get married early and stuff because of the fitnah and all that, if he has support if he's able no probs. It's just that the average 14 year old today...well...not ready for that? Think reality hereeeeee.

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
^No it's not because of that at all. Marriage isnt just something to fling around like that. MashaAllah for him if it works out. Does he even have a sense of responsiblity yet? Can he even support her? Sure it's good to get married early and stuff because of the fitnah and all that, if he has support if he's able no probs. It's just that the average 14 year old today...well...not ready for that? Think reality hereeeeee.
Why do u think there is this thing called "brother hood/sisterhood" in islam. How comes we are one big ummah/family. We are all here to help n support eachother. who ses the brother had to buy her a house n a car in order to marry her. who ses they even have to live together in order to be married? remember the stories of some sahaba, one man didnt have nothing but his armour n house, n the prophet saw told him to giv his armour away to sell n have the wedding with the money he got from that, he didnt have diddly squat. yet he still got married. another sahaba didnt have diddly squat either, he didnt have nothing at all, yet he knew how to read the quran, so the prophet saw told him to teach his wife the quran as her mahr.

When u ask Allah swt, he gives.

scentsofjannah
06-22-2006, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm_amina04
:sister: :brother: :sl:
Just, been reading the posts and would like to knwo how you can be almost a muslim? Yeah sure I've heard of being born muslim, reverting to Islam, a converted muslim but never in the 4 1/2 years that I have been muslim I have never heard being "ALMOST A MUSLIM" you either are a muslim or your not, make up your mind. Will you stand on AL-YOM-AL-QIYAM and say to your lord, I didn't say my shahada becuase my parents did not want me to, but I was almost a muslim in the dunya? fear Allah SWT and speak of which you know that is truthful

sister that was unduly harsh and judgemental..and id expect you to know better since you are a revert too..Allah tells us in the Qur'an to speak mildly and give advice in the best manner...brother fishman has started praying..telling others hes muslim (this is shahada) bearing witness..he may not have sat before an imam but thats not necessary..he cna do shahada privately or confess to others...he has also told his parents..his RE teacher..the muslims in the new muslim organsation..

peace

strider
06-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I agree with sister Nawal89. A 14 year old should be concentrating on his studies and building up his Islamic knowledge, not rushing into marriage.

Ma'assalama

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Assalamu alaikum

I agree with sister Nawal89. A 14 year old should be concentrating on his studies and building up his Islamic knowledge, not rushing into marriage.

Ma'assalama

So u wud rather him be subjected to fitnah which could possibly lead to haram, then fulfil his desires in a halal manner which the prophet saw ordained for us? did u think that by being married u can no longer study or build up islamic knowledge? hmmm funny how ppl think marriage stops u from learning n studying. remember aisha ra got married at the age of 9, u reckon she shud have studied n gained more islamic knowledge before hand??? i dnt think so.

Pk_#2
06-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Quit creating conflict ppl...what this gotta do with the first thread...

I'm lost...bring it bak to me :)

Ghazi
06-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Ma'assalama

I Respect this brother for what I can't do, the amount of fitnah going on the street is shocking wallahi being tempted by zina of a daily basis is crazy and if marriage is going to save him from that then marry and I hope allah blesses him with a pious wife.

Pk_#2
06-22-2006, 09:35 PM
yay lets all get married!.....................

not 2geva :rollseyes

- Qatada -
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
:salamext:

I think you guyz gota realise that them guys (the kuffar) just want us to cause fitnah and arguments in between each other, so lets try to avoid the arguing insha'Allaah.

And obey Allah and His Messenger and do not quarrel for then you will be weak in hearts and your power will depart, and be patient; surely Allah is with the patient. (8:46)

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4, Narrated 'Abdullah (r.a)

We were with the Prophet (peace be upon him) while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

jazak Allaahu khayr.

:wasalamex

samina1
06-22-2006, 11:32 PM
mashallah, at age 14 wantin 2 gt married.. thts good, i would gt married now, if only da right person came along...
19 yrs i havent see my parents.. n so i gues i would have 2 choose my own person 2 marry, even though arange marriage would have been better..

Umu 'Isa
06-23-2006, 05:20 AM
i reverted when i was 18 alhamdulillah, i'm now 19.. I know 2 other sisters that reverted when they were 15 masha Allah, they are now 18 :D

strider
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
So u wud rather him be subjected to fitnah which could possibly lead to haram, then fulfil his desires in a halal manner which the prophet saw ordained for us? did u think that by being married u can no longer study or build up islamic knowledge? hmmm funny how ppl think marriage stops u from learning n studying. remember aisha ra got married at the age of 9, u reckon she shud have studied n gained more islamic knowledge before hand??? i dnt think so.
sister, i do not think marriage stops you from learning and studying. Marriage isn't only about being able to express your sexual desires in a permitted context. There is more to marriage then that. It holds with it responsibility and if you can't support yourself alone how are you going to support your wife? 14 is a young age, when the brain is still developing and teenagers are learning to make minds up for themselves, and i don't believe any 14 year old should be getting married. He hasn't even left school for goodness sake!

Times have changed from the days of Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him.) You will be far stretched to find a 9 year old who is mature enough to handle marriage like an adult would.

IceQueen~
06-23-2006, 02:50 PM
my grandfather converted from hinduism when he was 14
his family kicked him out of the house..

Daffodil
06-23-2006, 03:46 PM
sister, i do not think marriage stops you from learning and studying. Marriage isn't only about being able to express your sexual desires in a permitted context. There is more to marriage then that. It holds with it responsibility and if you can't support yourself alone how are you going to support your wife? 14 is a young age, when the brain is still developing and teenagers are learning to make minds up for themselves, and i don't believe any 14 year old should be getting married. He hasn't even left school for goodness sake!

Times have changed from the days of Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him.) You will be far stretched to find a 9 year old who is mature enough to handle marriage like an adult would.

Who sed marriage was only about physical attention. its much more then that, other wise it wudnt complete half ur deen wud it?

In islam a child becomes an adult at puberty, there is no inbetween like society tells u, theres no such thing as "teenager" in islam, ur either child or adult.

If u treat a kid like a kid then the kid is bound to act like one. u sed times have changed, yep times have changed, time doesnt stop still for any one, things are changing allt he time, but islam doesnt, generations change but the message still remains the same. look at children in poorer countries like india n africa etc, kids get married as young as 7/8 etc, kids around that age are sometimes orphaned n look after their little siblings n sometimes even support their mums if theyre still around, theyre the ones bringing food on the table. etc.

if u treat a kid like a kid because this society tells u this is how u shud be at this age etc then ur gonna be stuck in a rut because ur then following what society tells u n not what islam tells u about things such as marriage. as bro fi sab posted earlier on Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4, Narrated 'Abdullah (r.a)

We were with the Prophet (peace be upon him) while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

Dnt forget Allah swt is sufficient. How do u think ppl in poor countries get married? they dnt have a penny to their name yet they still get married, u cant use funds as a reason to stop ppl getting married. my husband didnt n still doesnt have a penny to his name yet we still got married. When u ask, Allah swt provides.

strider
06-23-2006, 04:08 PM
Who sed marriage was only about physical attention. its much more then that, other wise it wudnt complete half ur deen wud it?

In islam a child becomes an adult at puberty, there is no inbetween like society tells u, theres no such thing as "teenager" in islam, ur either child or adult.

If u treat a kid like a kid then the kid is bound to act like one. u sed times have changed, yep times have changed, time doesnt stop still for any one, things are changing allt he time, but islam doesnt, generations change but the message still remains the same. look at children in poorer countries like india n africa etc, kids get married as young as 7/8 etc, kids around that age are sometimes orphaned n look after their little siblings n sometimes even support their mums if theyre still around, theyre the ones bringing food on the table. etc.

if u treat a kid like a kid because this society tells u this is how u shud be at this age etc then ur gonna be stuck in a rut because ur then following what society tells u n not what islam tells u about things such as marriage. as bro fi sab posted earlier on Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4, Narrated 'Abdullah (r.a)

Dnt forget Allah swt is sufficient. How do u think ppl in poor countries get married? they dnt have a penny to their name yet they still get married, u cant use funds as a reason to stop ppl getting married. my husband didnt n still doesnt have a penny to his name yet we still got married. When u ask, Allah swt provides.
You raise some strong points, sister and i respect your opinion. Personally, i've seen too many teenagers pregnant and having kids when they can't even look after themselves.

If it works out for the brother, then i wish him all the best.

Umar001
06-23-2006, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
i reverted when i was 18 alhamdulillah, i'm now 19..

Sounds exact like me I thought you had quoted me for a second.

Anyhow.

With regards to being harsh, I recently read I think it was a hadeth and an ayah on this and it was clear that there are times in which you should be careful on how to speak.

I hope that the brother thinkin about Islam thinks carefully, and that he makes the right descion, it can be difficult believe me bro, trust I know people been kicked out and so on by their parents for becoming muslim but thats a test and if ya be patient then inshallah you'll be rewarded, if you can I'd advise you to read about Ibrahim peace be upon him.

Anyhow.

Lol with regards to marriage at 14, I wish I would be married at 14, would prolly save n help me lower my gaze, I agree that we should marry young,

But

If kids are brought up by their parents or in a society which smothers them and keeps them in the mentality of kids till they are 15 or so then I dont see how they can get married. In places I have seen like africa, people can get married young because that is what they are brought up to do, marry, live and so on, so their mentality is prepared. Here kids are mothered and dont have a concept of marriage till later on, so it would be irresponsible to bring up a child in such a state, where they are still not responsible for themselves at 16 and then say 'you've hit puberty dude, go get maried' it is the nurturing of the child from a tender age that can ensure not just physical maturity but also and most important mental maturity so they can deal with hardship, such as a nagging wife. lol.

Rie_Maya
06-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Salaams,
I converted/reverted 11.5yrs ago - when I was nearly 19!!!
And I know when I think back that I was always destined to do so - when Allah made the time right for me as have all those hwom have onverted before and after me, younger and olrder than me - for some of us that time comes earlier that's all!!!
Khuda hafiz

umm_amina04
07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Assalamu alaikum at the end of the day yes, teenages can revert/convert to Islam but all of this does not go ahead without the permission of the most merciful Allah (SWT). May Allah keep guiding us and keep us steadfast in our deen insha-allah ta'ala

ZOREENA
07-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Because u are young...means u are gona sleep around unless ur married?? At the end of the day, u reep what u sow, so i wouldnt reccommend somone gets married...so they dont sleep around...at that age, they still a kid...my wee sister is sooo not readi for marriage and shes gona be 14......and shez reali mature....and sex isnt on her mind!! Why is there such a rush? I think the mariage thing is my biggest problem....I cant understand why its so difficult! Inshallah Allah will help me be better and understand!!

ZOREENA
07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
Gee Daffodil...Regardless of what the non muslims do...has noffin to do with us...let them work away...at the end of the day, if the young bro cant control himself...then he has the price to pay...we all live thru choice...and what u do with it u will be held accountable!! I would say studying is most important...to seek and learn the knowledge, given, he can do that when married too!! But if he feels he wants to marry at 14 then fire ahead...but it most certaintly wouldnt be something I would encourage!! Young preganancies and the whole UK law...fair play to them, but noffin to do with us still...we have OUR rules and regs...is there many non muslim teenage pregnancies? If not then its working!!

And with regards to the 'nearli muslim bro'...U take ur time, itz not easy and everyone is here to support ya! I reverted only a wile back, and the thing is some people dont understand how difficult it is and what things can be effected and that....but Inshallah Allah makes it easy for you and everything goes well!!!

ZOREENA
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
And different countries do things diffrently...here in the UK we kinda have to adhere to how things work...so at 14..a kid cant evn get a job...to support his wife...u know...so if u could tell me how its done..??

Umar001
07-15-2006, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA
And different countries do things diffrently...here in the UK we kinda have to adhere to how things work...so at 14..a kid cant evn get a job...to support his wife...u know...so if u could tell me how its done..??

I dont get why you seem so against it, I mean I understand some of your points but what did daffodil quote? and who knows better??

There is nothing wrong with marriage at a the old age of 15 and so forth, depeding on how the child is brought up.

If a child is brought up in the way that he or she is told and made to think that he or she is a child until 18 then of course most of those kids will not be mentally mature to handle responsabilities, but if a child is brought up thinking of the Akhira, understanding Islam, being told the word of our Beloved Prophet peace be upon him and the words of the Qu'ran then inshallah most children brought up in such manner will understand that marriage is an important part of Islam, and will have no problem in maturing, provided they are brought up properly, and not spoiled with toys and being told 'awww my little baby, dont worry mumy is gona take care of everything' at the age of 15 then boy inshallah they will grow and be beautiful caring people like the people of old.

Also with regards to supporting the wife, if financial strain is there then there are ways to cope, for example if we have a couple who are both 16 and they are in school, who would support them if they were single? Their parents, so if they marry, which will help them lower their gaze and so forth, then their parents inshallah if they truly understand the benefit of marriage will be able to provide for them as they did before until a suitable income is found for both, we need not make problems just because we dont like an idea. That is jus one option there are others too.

Finally, with regards to maybe not understanding why its difficult, I dont know what girls are like but guys can be drive alot by physical desire, which does not just constitute of sexual activity but also of companionship, making the boy wait can make things worse in some cases, and of course it will be his sin and his fault, but why make things difficult when Islam has provided a way out for our youth.

ZOREENA
07-16-2006, 12:20 AM
No by no means make things difficult, whatever Allah (SWT) wills it will be..but here in the UK I think its all a bit different. I dont mean to be argumentitive...I just think for people in different countries...yeah its fine...but am...im talking within the UK itz harder, so does that mean at 14...or whatever...sex takes place and all? oooooo mad!!lol

Skillganon
07-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Here's my thought. If a person can have a girlfreind and study and sleep around with women and still study, why can't a muslim man get marry and ... e.t.c (you know) with his wife, and study and bring a career out of it. Heck they both can study and have a career.

I have student who are mothers, fathers, husband, wife who are studying in my uni, and are responsible.

Zohair
07-16-2006, 04:50 AM
I don't know this brother who is planning to get married at 14. but most 14 year olds (like myself) are not quite ready for the responsibility of marriage. Most 14 year olds aren't even able to take care of themselves.

Just because the arabs at the time of the Prophet SAW got married young, doesn't mean that we have to get married at the same age. the prophet SAW said to marry when you reached the age of responsibility and maturity, whenever you feel you are responsibile enough for marriage, then get married.

I am 14 as well, and I am not responsible at ALL! so marriage is the last thing on my mind right now.

in general being 14 and getting married at this time, is not a good idea.

ZOREENA
07-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah.... ma'shallah Zohair well said...but I do have a wee sister available u can take her off my hands as soon as u like lol....SERIOUS! What Im getn from this is to marry...so the boy can have sex...so he no longer has to fight temtation! I dont think theres anything wrong with mothering your son or daughter....and really in the Prophets Mohammads (SAW) and country and things....they began work young...they married young etc...because thats what u had to do and wer brought up to do! If we lived like that...and in particular if we lived in a Muslim country...the way it was meant to be..then that would be happening im sure...but times move...not to say religion has to be changed...but customs and doings of the Prophet (SAW) do become a bit more difficult...id rather work on the other Sunnah! And of course both can study when married....but realisticaly I dont see how it wood all work...married....living apart...being supported by ur mother...which is still a form of mothering...like looking after your weee baby...mummy will take care of it...and also if a baby comes along...u need to leave school for a while and who pays for it?

umm_amina04
07-16-2006, 03:28 PM
:sl: Some people are ready for marriage and then again some aren't. If this person would lilke to marry then by all means go ahead, it's better to be married at 14 then to have shaitaan tempt you with all the fitnah in todays society in any country. There have been many sisters I know of that have married at 14, 15 and 16years of age and Al-hamdulilah everyhting is going well. But muslims are increasingly brought up in the western societies, and are misguided by thinking that it is halal to have a girlfriend and study rather than do the correct thing and marry rather than take responsibilty. When I was 14 I knew that I was ready for marriage and then married in my mid teens as well, so if it's halal in the shari'ah then go for it, if you can take on that responsibility insha-allah ta'ala, Allah make it easy for you and reward you insha-allah AMEEN.
:w: :thankyou:

umm_amina04
07-16-2006, 03:35 PM
:sl: ALLAH GUIDES WHOM HE WISHES TO GUIDE AND MISGUIDES WHOM HE WISHES, may allah swt keep all muslims strong and steadfast in their deen-al islam insha-allah ameen.:w:

bint_muhammed
07-16-2006, 11:13 PM
i just love hearing bout people converting to islam! its soooooooo facinating especially in this day an age, where there is so much bad stigma attached to muslims. enwayz betta shut up as i aint revert! lol

mlsh27
07-17-2006, 01:10 AM
I reverted when I was 18 or 19..I can't remember. My husband reverted when he was 19 or 20.

umm_amina04
07-19-2006, 10:15 AM
:sl: masha-allah sister, may Allah give the new reverts guidance and keep us all steadfast in our religion insha-allah taa'la.
May allah accept our du'a for the muslims who are in hardship and relieve them of their pain and suffering insha-allah AMEEN.
:w: :statisfie

Skillganon
07-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Well, of course someone should marry when the age is right, but you should be wary that different people mature at different time, and are ready at different time.

------
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
:sl: ALLAH GUIDES WHOM HE WISHES TO GUIDE AND MISGUIDES WHOM HE WISHES, may allah swt keep all muslims strong and steadfast in their deen-al islam insha-allah ameen.:w:
[PIE]Qur'an, Surah 7, Verse 178

Whoso Allah guides, he is on the right path and whoso
Allah leads astray, they remain in loss.[/PIE]

Skillganon
07-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I think it is time to get back on the topic of the thread

Asyur an-Nagi
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
i was a catholic. my journey in finding Islam is second to none:)

Skillganon
07-20-2006, 01:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
i was a catholic. my journey in finding Islam is second to none:)
What you mean?

Asyur an-Nagi
07-20-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
What you mean?
mean my experience in finding the truth in islam, finding the right path, and finding myself in this religion.

Skillganon
07-20-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asyur an-Nagi
mean my experience in finding the truth in islam, finding the right path, and finding myself in this religion.
Istead of the word religion let's use the word "way of life" instead.

Kittygyal
07-20-2006, 05:58 PM

well am a revert and i reverted when i was 15 well was going to be then 16 (am way too old now!) when i reverted and ofcourse you can revert whever you want!

Daffodil
07-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Islamgyal, how did u come to islam

limitless
07-21-2006, 01:59 AM

Interesting and great to view such a great topic has been expanded. Now about the 14yr getting married. I am very impressed that he thought of that at his age, very surprising because at that age I was very afraid of marriage, but then again I guess the way I grew up was at fault. I have never been to England or know any of it's law, but in Ontario, Canada, you are permitted to be married at age 15/16 and have a credit card and are a responsible young adult. The government pays the individual and helps them so it is easier in Canada to be married and be supported :) , plus universal medical care, and you do not have to pay for the birth of the baby and you get treated at the highest and bestest quality care of the hospital has to offer. Canada seems much more advantageous for young individuals, even smoking has been banned permanitly from Ontario, Ouebec, Canada, another great law and move by the federal government. This was done for the growing teenagers. So where I live, it is possible legally, but very verey verey and I mean very very difficult to find a good practising muslim girls or a girl that will revert to Islam.

mujahedeen2087
07-21-2006, 02:54 AM

i was 14 im 19 now

umm_amina04
07-21-2006, 09:52 AM
:sl: :thankyou: My friend her name is maryam converted at 16years of age may Allah swt guide her, and all the muslims insha-allah. Most of my friends have converted from 16 years of age and up alhamdulilah. Also a sister who's name is Nabilah reverted to Islam at the age of 17 so Allah guides whom he will and misguides whom he wills. Subhan-allah, we see how Allah swt is so merciful alhamdulilah for being a muslim and alhamdulilah for having Islam as my deen.

AvarAllahNoor
07-21-2006, 10:08 AM
:sl: :thankyou: My friend her name is maryam converted at 16years of age may Allah swt guide her, and all the muslims insha-allah. Most of my friends have converted from 16 years of age and up alhamdulilah. Also a sister who's name is Nabilah reverted to Islam at the age of 17 so Allah guides whom he will and misguides whom he wills. Subhan-allah, we see how Allah swt is so merciful alhamdulilah for being a muslim and alhamdulilah for having Islam as my deen.
May i ask what religion you followed before the conversion?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.