/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I need someone to interview!

silverstring
06-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi there. My name's Brandon.

For a course I'm taking, I need someone from another religion to interview. I chose Islam because I find it the most interesting.

I don't know any muslims to interview, so I thought I could find someone here.

The interview is not a debate a tall, and I will ask perhaps 12 questions to learn more about the religion of Islam.

I haven't made up my 12 questions yet, but will today.

If someone would be interested in doing this interview, please let me know below. You don't have to do the interview on the forum if you want it to remain private.

Thanks and hello to the forum members - I look forward to finding out more about Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
06-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey silverstring!

Welcome to the forum, and i'm sure you'll have a beneficial stay here insha'Allaah (God willing.) :)

I wouldn't mind answering your questions.

You might want to check this site out to kinda get a better intro on islam:

www.beconvinced.com

Peace.

Daffodil
06-17-2006, 09:11 PM
Hi Brandon, Id be happy to do the interview, u can post the question n ill answer em n get them back to u as soon as I can. My husband will also be happy to do the interview, u may get different answers from him as he is a revert so that might help with ur research.

nurul3eyn
06-17-2006, 10:24 PM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
silverstring
06-18-2006, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Hi Brandon, Id be happy to do the interview, u can post the question n ill answer em n get them back to u as soon as I can. My husband will also be happy to do the interview, u may get different answers from him as he is a revert so that might help with ur research.

Hi Daffodil. I would love to be able to have both yours and your husbands interview. As you said it could show differences in your experiences!

Below are the interview questions I chose. I'd PM them but I can't PM people here yet :)

However you can PM me I believe, so when you are done you can PM me the finished interview, or if you'd like you can post it here - it's up to you!

Feel free to answer or not answer any question, and writing off the top of your head is fine since they're not right/wrong questions.

The only thing I need from you that is personal is your first names to show who said what. Other than that it'll be anonymous! You can answer the questions together or privately, whichever you wish to do.

Thanks - I appreciate you helping in my class project! And thanks for the welcome guys!

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

1 - What religion and division of that religion are you a member of?

2 - How long have you been a member of this religion, and were you born into this
religion, or became a member later in life?

3 - What are the official texts/scriptures for this religion, and which of those are most important to you in your life?

4 - What kinds of regular religious practices do you take part in?

5 - How do you feel your connection with God/Allah benefits your daily life, and how would it be different if you did not have this connection?

6 - Does your religion support equality inherent in all people, or is there inherent inequalities given to individuals by God/Allah?

7 - How do you feel about people who practice another religion and believe that your religion is inaccurate?

8 - Do you feel as though the national/international community is accepting of your religion? Is your religion portrayed by others accurately, or are there common stereotypes involved?

9 - Do you find that many people within your own religion interpret your religious scriptures differently, or is there agreement amongst what the scriptures mean?

10 - Lastly, what do you believe is the overall message and feelings expressed by the scriptures of your religion, and the message people of other religions should get from your religion?

Woodrow
06-18-2006, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by silverstring
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

NAME: Abdullah (posting ID Woodrow)

I am Muslim. There are no sects or denominations in Islam. All followers of Islam are Muslim

2 - How long have you been a member of this religion, and were you born into this

I have been Muslim since March of 2005

3 - What are the official texts/scriptures for this religion, and which of those are most important to you in your life?

The Qur'an, Sunnah and Hadeeth. Of these the most important is the Qur'an

Friday prayers, Fasting during Ramadam, try to do the 5 daily prayers, the dietary restrictions

5 - How do you feel your connection with God/Allah benefits your daily life, and how would it be different if you did not have this connection?

Without Allah(swt) I would be dead by now. I benefit through peace of mind and the knowledge that their is a God and he is Allah(swt)

6 - Does your religion support equality inherent in all people, or is there inherent inequalities given to individuals by God/Allah?

All people are equal. This is taught and commanded in the Qur'an

7 - How do you feel about people who practice another religion and believe that your religion is inaccurate?

There is no compulsion in religion. We are all free to worship or not worship as we desire.

8 - Do you feel as though the national/international community is accepting of your religion? Is your religion portrayed by others accurately, or are there common stereotypes involved?

Most people as individuals are very accepting. Once they learn what Islam really is. the media does portray us inaccuratly and has spread many false stereotypes about us. Most of us do not live in the desert, ride camels, carry swords and threaten to cut off the heads of non-believers.

9 - Do you find that many people within your own religion interpret your religious scriptures differently, or is there agreement amongst what the scriptures mean?

There is virtualy universal agreement on what the basics of Islam are and as to what the pillars of faith are. Those along with the saying of the shahadah are sufficient to call a person a Muslim.

10 - Lastly, what do you believe is the overall message and feelings expressed by the scriptures of your religion, and the message people of other religions should get from your religion?

We are a religion of Peace and Tolerance. We dedicate our entire being to do our best to serve Allah(swt). Allah(swt) is truly ir Rahman ir Raheem. (The provider of all and the most mercifull forgiver)

To those desireing to participate, simply quote this post. The questions should be all that show. Remove the quote tags and you got a fresh questioniare.
NAME:

samsam
06-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi there. My name's Brandon.

For a course I'm taking, I need someone from another religion to interview. I chose Islam because I find it the most interesting.

I don't know any muslims to interview, so I thought I could find someone here.

The interview is not a debate a tall, and I will ask perhaps 12 questions to learn more about the religion of Islam.

I haven't made up my 12 questions yet, but will today.

If someone would be interested in doing this interview, please let me know below. You don't have to do the interview on the forum if you want it to remain private.

Thanks and hello to the forum members - I look forward to finding out more about Islam.
Hello Brandon,
Hope you feel comfortable here,
Erm and queations just ask them and probably ill give you the answer,
check out this website www.sultan.org

Pk_#2
06-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Hello there bro,

welcome to the forum,

Enjoy,

Peace :)

Nafiisah
06-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Hello and Welcome
Hope that u discover what Islam really is
Peace

samsam
06-18-2006, 09:04 AM
:sl:

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: Sumaya

I am a muslim but i am not a member of an section of the reliogn because islam is one united reliogn
i was born in this reliogn
in this reloiogn we follow the sunnah of the prophet muhammed (saw) and the holy quran

we all pray five times a day give charity fast and go to the holy land makkah
by praying five times a day we can feel a connection with our lord if we did'nt have this connection with our lord it would be very differnet
everyone is the same in god's eyes just because you got all A levels does'nt mean you are the best you can only be better if you pray more or fast more etc.
we cannot judge each other reliogn because they follow their way and we follow ours.
our reliogn is misunderstood by manhy people because of the media, iot is portrayed as being violent to woman which we \are not , woman and men do have the same rights
the quran has'nt chandes over thousands of years so there is nothing to argue about
10 - Lastly, what do you believe is the overall message and feelings expressed by the scriptures of your religion, and the message people of other religions should get from your religion?[/QUOTE]
our message to mankind is pray fast help the needy and wo0rship your lord and in day of judgement you will recieve Paridese

thank you for your quistions,
:w:

afriend
06-18-2006, 11:40 AM
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Islam and I'm a Sunni

Born Muslim

The Quraan and the Sunnah

Prayer, fasting (a month in the year), charity and doing good

I would be lost without Allah, as he is who keeps me rightly guided and helps me out in times of distress, he is the one who gave me life and he is the one who keeps me alive and safe.

Islam is about equality and fairness, although at times different situations need a different approach such as some major differences between men and women.

We should respect their beliefs at the same time try and invite them to the path of Allah USING PEACEFUL MEANS

Islam is increasing in it's thousands every month, and it is heavily sterotyped by the media, other people and even other muslims

there are different ways of doing things in Islam, but they are more or less the same

Other people should know that Islam intends no corruption, the message of Islam is peace, Islam comes from the word peace.
My ansswers are in red.

Samira_01
06-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Welcome

Daffodil
06-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Here is my husband "dawud_uks" reply to ur questions. Ill try n get mine done too but havent had time to do em today sorry.

Islam and refer to myself as a Muslim as this is how God refers to the believers in the Quran.

2 - How long have you been a member of this religion, and were you born into this religion, or became a member later in life?

nearly 4 years, i was previously 'non of the above' i.e believing in a God but not a member of any official religion.

The Quran first of all, then the books of sayings and actions of the prophet Muhammad (saws) called the ahaddith. this is usually referred to as 'the Quran and Sunnah'

i pray 5 times a day as prescribed by my religion, fast for the month of Ramadhan, learn from the books of my faith as the major rites of my religion. I also try to spread the teachings of my religion as best i can.

My prayers and other acts of worship bring me a peace of mind of knowing God is hopefully happy with me and knowing if not then God is the 'most merciful' and will God willing forgive my shortcomings as a Muslim.

Men and women are different but equal, equally does not mean the same. so the fact that men and women have different rights in islam does not mean they are not equal.

However greater rights are given in an islamic state to the Muslim over the muslim, these are marginal but they are there. for example the non-Muslims must by 'Jiziyah' or a compulsary tax in return for protection by the state.

'there is no compulsion in religion' is a well known verse of the Quran, so they are free to believe in falsehood if they wish. i feel sorry for them and wish to help my fellow human beings but if at the end of the day they reject the message that is their look out not mine.

my religion is accepted if only seen as a series of rights like prayer, fasting, charity etc but not a complete system which is what islam is. islam has laws and rules pertaining to all aspects of human life and the western world is at war with this concept and is clearly attacking and killing all those who advocate it.

there is widespread agreement on the fundementals but some disagreement on some smaller matters.

worship one God, obey him and submit to him and the way of life he has given mankind through all the prophets from Adam down to the last and final prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.