/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good study of what Jesus taught according to Islam

nimrod
06-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Folks I have been looking for a good study source concerning Jesus’ teachings according to Islam.
I have been reading a thread one of the Mod.s was kind enough to link for me.

The thread covered some of the Christian views of what Jesus said and taught but not too much of what Islam say’s Jesus said and taught.

This is what I am looking for:

Jesus taught many things during his ministry.
It is clear that the Jewish folks disagreed with some of what Jesus taught.

What were Jesus’ teachings according to Islam?

How did those teachings differ from what had been taught before, that the Jew’s would want to kill him for his teachings?

How does Islam’s teachings, of what God instructed, differ from what the Jewish Old Testament teachings?

An example of what I mean is this:

Old Testament law allowed for a man to divorce his wife for any number of reasons.
Jesus taught that except for adultery, there is no divorce allowed.

Old Testament law gave no indication of punishment for desiring your fellow man’s death, as long as you never acted on those desires.
Jesus taught that if you harbor those desires in your heart then you are just as guilty as the man that acted on those desires.
Jesus carried this one step farther and declared that even shouting words of malice toward your fellow man was just as bad and puts a person in danger of Hell-Fire.

Old Testament law teaches that a man who steals your jacket is to be brought up for punishment.
Jesus taught that not only are we to forgive that person, we are to turn around and offer him our cloak as well.

You see some of how what Jesus taught differed from Jewish teachings.

What do Islam’s recordings show that Jesus taught?

Thanks
Nimrod

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
06-18-2006, 03:23 PM
It's hard to say what Jesus (pbuh) did or didn't teach since the sources have all been modified. We believe in the message Jesus (pbuh) sent, but we also know of how it is changed in history. So the only certainty for us is what The qur'an says about Jesus, and that is not an afwul lot when it comes to rules and regulations. Basicly we believe he was a muslim and followed the same religion as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Mozes, John and all the other prophets including muhammed, peace be upon them all.

3:48
Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."

Muslim Knight
06-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Nimrod,

You can try here The Gospel of Jesus and here Jesus the Muslim

Regards

nimrod
06-18-2006, 04:34 PM
Muslim Kinight, Thanks for the links.

I am studying them

Thanks
Nimrod

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.