/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Real time version forum?

afriend
06-18-2006, 06:31 PM
:sl:

I've seen that many people reply to posts late (;) u kno who im talkin about), it would be cool if things were updated instantly by the help of real time processors e.g. MSN messenger, as it shows who goes on or off instantly.

I was wondering if that would be possible on this forum...Just a suggestion....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-18-2006, 06:35 PM
I've seen that many people reply to posts late ([IMG]../images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] u kno who im talkin about)
Talk about rubbing it in! I've tried to use the quickreply box to speed up my posts!

afriend
06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
lol ;D

I use the quick reply too, i still reply too slow, at times, we really need real time.

Silver Pearl
06-18-2006, 09:00 PM
:wasalamex

Seriously I don’t think it’ll make people post any faster, I mean you have to check your post for spelling and grammar errors or you’ll face the consequence (you know what I’m talking about). It depends on the individual. Personally it’s not going to make me post any faster....simply because I can’t be bothered anyways.

But interesting....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
06-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I think u've understood, in real time, information is updated instantly, do you understand what I'm saying?

Far7an
06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I think u've understood, in real time, information is updated instantly, do you understand what I'm saying?
I think, she did... but she's saying most members won't find a need to have 'realtime'.

Woodrow
06-18-2006, 10:23 PM
Shukrahn,

I just want to thank each and everyone of you for keeping this forum at a pace I can keep up with. At my age I need every available second, that can be squessed out, to finish a post.

PS. I started typing this post last Tuesday

Halima
06-18-2006, 11:46 PM
:sl:

Have you ever thought the more technology becomes modern the less patient people become? :-\

Mainly computers especially :rollseyes Why pay for more money just to get your computer to go faster

There's kids starving in africa man! :-\

:w:

snakelegs
06-19-2006, 05:45 AM
my limited experience with MSN messenger is that it seems like it doesn't lend itself to intelligent, in depth discussions and in general, is just for more superficial conversations.

Woodrow
06-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Real time forums do exist. they are usually called chat rooms. They can be enjoyable, but they are more geared for temporary immediate gratification.

A discussion forum is just that. A discussion forum. The posts do not vanish with the next reply. a person can go back and forth and have time to research an appropriate comment. The goal of a forum is more in line with being an exchagable resource of specific knowledge among all viewers and not the personal conversation between a few active participants. some of the best posters here seldom post, however each of their posts are well thought out and applicable to all viewers, not just a social reply.

Silver Pearl
06-19-2006, 04:03 PM
:wasalamex

no, tell me :X
Off-topic posts will not be tolerated regardless of your statues on this board.

You know what i'm talking about

Info is updated quickly for me, so hmmm.....

Sabrun Jameel akh

afriend
06-19-2006, 07:48 PM
ok ok true said, but it feels pretty silly trying to post something about the person above you, and then you post a bit late...

But oh well....Let's just wait to hear from the Admins now

I don't think anyone else needs to add an opinion on this topic, or it will turn into a free posting thread (:mad:).

:w:

Pk_#2
06-19-2006, 09:31 PM
ohh noo..what a silly idea..hate real....its crap...

get braodband and update it every second...and all dat ova stuff my cousin brothers do to my pc...

Am..i ...free...posting? wheres my sign gone :(

Its...quick anyway dnt you think?

afriend
06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
u can't update while you are typing now can you?

Pk_#2
06-19-2006, 09:45 PM
It's automatic

Hence it's called automatic updates :)

Does it on it's own...when needed...init

afriend
06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
How do you get it to do that?

Pk_#2
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
My people do it....contacts ;)

afriend
06-19-2006, 09:52 PM
:rollseyes

ur not helping........C'mon tell us.....Muslims should share :)

Pk_#2
06-19-2006, 09:55 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

my sis will tell you inabit...i dnt really get this...ryt now she keeps saying 'yo momma' so brb yeah

tc :)

afriend
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
lol ok sis :)

If this is good enough then there's no need for realtime....

Pk_#2
06-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh wait...real times cool...

i think we should improve the site with real time...

i always have mixed feelings about things.

Woodrow
06-20-2006, 06:39 AM
Statues ????? Statues invading the forum. Call out somebody we must dispose of the Statues before zAk sees them. Who brought in the statues ?????

syilla
06-20-2006, 09:49 AM
lol...you're so funny...

what about replying via mobile phone...that will be kewl.

afriend
06-21-2006, 10:24 PM
you can do that already :)

Pk_#2
06-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Really? cool!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.