/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do something good for your heart.

hasib
06-19-2006, 06:52 AM
:sl:

Most people, esp in the United States and Canada, are obese.

Some people are obese because of their genetics and not too much can be done about that however the majority of people are obese because they eat food and then don't have enough physical activity in their life to burn off the food. So the extra food is stored in the body as fat and over time it accumulates.

Obesity leads to many health problems in life and they usually creep around your 30s. Issues such as heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure. Now I know a lot of the board members here are young and see 30 as something very far but trust me one day insha'Allah all of us will be there and we need to prepare now rather than wait till something develops in our later years and then take medicines to combat it. The best thing is natural by your body i.e. start being more active now while you are still young. The above mentioned diseases are not to be taken lightly. They have severe consequences and in half the cases they are fatal for the human. This applies to both men and women.

So what to do? First off get some physical work in your daily routine.
- Do some house work. Help out your mother/father. Hey kill 2 birds with 1 stone: they will appreciate it plus you work out ;)!
- Do some gardening work.
- Walk to the local grocery store instead of driving.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator (if possible).
- Cut back on high calorie fatty foods.
- (Ladies) While cooking use less oil, butter, ghee. Some people's food are floating in oil! I've seen!
- Reduce the time spent in front of computers, tv.
- Eat good, healthy food.
- Ride a bicycle or if not possible then an indoor bike.
- Take up any sport on a part time basis.

In conclusion, also remember being fit is part of Islam but too often we ignore this.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
samina1
06-19-2006, 07:02 AM
ASALAMUALIKUM
although everythin u say thr r really helpful, but inshallah will find time for it. jazakaLLAH ANYWY..

MehaR
06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
very nice n infOrMative pOst!

hasib
06-19-2006, 06:07 PM

I know esp our desi cooking, the mommies/aunties kill the food with oil, ghee etc.. Yes the taste is awesome but we are killing ourselves slowly :S..!!! I keep telling all the cooking people at home heheheh.. finally i am getting thru to them.. moms stopped using so much oil and we've switched over to olive oil now!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Silver Pearl
06-19-2006, 06:49 PM

Shukran for the info,

I think it is hard for people to go from drastic eating oily stuff to being healthy. I for one enjoy fish and chips, hot wings and chips regardless of the fact that it is unhealthy. I suppose small dosages of them are better than eating them constantly.

Also I’ve noticed there are a lot of salt in the unhealthy foods; the food tastes really bad especially with chicken satay.

Pk_#2
06-19-2006, 07:00 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

Hmm..jazakhala?

- (Ladies) While cooking use less oil, butter, ghee. Some people's food are floating in oil! I've seen!

I know esp our desi cooking, the mommies/aunties kill the food with oil, ghee etc..

Femenists would really hate you brother Hasib..

Your lucky the sisters above don't :)

WalaykumSalaam.

hasib
06-20-2006, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
Femenists would really hate you brother Hasib..

Your lucky the sisters above don't
who generally does most of the cooking in muslim households??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.