/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious Question

DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
asalaam

hey peeps, i knew this uy he is nice and does everything obligated in islam and even more i think:rollseyes

but thats not it he is very nice but everytime he told me that everytime he prays SHaitan or something widpers thing abou our deen that could make him a kafur he does not know what to do hew tries to fight these thoughts as much as posiblle that even when he prays he forgets to say it corectly because he is so caught up in his fight! is he still muslim or not???

:offended: i hope he stil is because he is VERY nice and Allah ....Allah is oft forgiving :offended:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
no answers?, this guy asked me to help him and i do not break promises Please help him!
Peace asalaam

------
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
is he still muslim or not???
:sl:

Insha'Allah he still is a Muslim if he tries his best to fight with the Shaytaan.

Ask him to do some Dhikr Insha'Allah...It might help.

Allahu Alim

:w:

Ghazi
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM

It's only a sin when acted upon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 02:55 PM
i Still cant belive he trusted me with this story SubhanAllah

thank you for this advice i will do all that i can to help him and i will show him this thread!

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
A man once came to Rasululllah peace be upon him and complained to him that the Shaytaan whispers to him In Salaat. Rasulullah then asked the other Companions "do you find this also?" So they said "Yes O Rasulullah" So Rasulullah said "Verily this is a sign of Imaan"

And A Sahabi once came to Ibn Abbas (if I'm not mistaken he is the one) and said to him "Ya Ibn Abbas, verily the Jews claim that their worship is better than ours, since the Shaitaan does not whisper to them in their prayer" So Ibn Abbas replied "And why would the Shaitaan want to wreak havoc in a destructed heart?"

Because the Shaytaan will not want to go and bother the person who is already firmly rooted in his disbeleif, rather he wants to go and bother and whisper to the person who has Iman in his heart. And Rasulullah already clearly stated that this is a sign that a man possesses Iman Insha'allah.

Ask your friend to do as how we were ordered to do in Salaat if we feel that Shaytaan is bothering us : lightly spit three times to the left of our shoulder whilst saying A'udhubillah min ash Shaitaan ar rajeem.

Insha'allah this is just a test for your friend and make sure he understands this also. Tell him to read lots of Qur'an and do acts which strengthen the Iman.

------
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Masha'Allah.....that reply is getting reps!! :sister:

glo
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't want to interrupt the flow of this thread or dostract from Dawud's question, but when does somebody stop being a Muslim then? (Other than the obvious, i.e. when s/he apostates)

Thanks.

Sohrab
06-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't think his Islam would be affected. Advise him to ignore the thoughts, and not to worry about them. Shaitaan always tries to distract during Salaat cos it's time when people are trying to connect to Allah. Here's a close translation of last ayaat of sura A'raaf....

200. And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitân (Satan) then seek refuge with Allâh. Verily, He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

201. Verily, those who are Al-Muttaqûn (the pious - see V.2:2), when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitân (Satan), they remember (Allâh), and (indeed) they then see (aright).

202. But (as for) their brothers (the devils) they (i.e. the devils) plunge them deeper into error, and they never stop short.

203. And if you do not bring them a miracle [according to their (i.e. Quraish-pagans') proposal], they say: "Why have you not brought it?" Say: "I but follow what is revealed to me from my Lord. This (the Qur'ân) is nothing but evidences from your Lord, and a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe."

204. So, when the Qur'ân is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy. [i.e. during the compulsory congregational prayers when the Imâm (of a mosque) is leading the prayer (except Sûrat Al-Fâtiha), and also when he is delivering the Friday-prayer Khutbah]. [Tafsir At-Tabari, Vol.9, Pages 162-4]

205. And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and with fear without loudness in words in the mornings, and in the afternoons and be not of those who are neglectful.

206. Surely, those who are with your Lord (angels) are never too proud to perform acts of worship to Him, but they glorify His Praise and prostrate before Him. (Ayat for Sajdah)

------
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
when does somebody stop being a Muslim then
I'll let someone else answer tht....:hiding:

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry i'm confused.... why would he be a kaafir? He hasn't comitted shirk has he?
W'salaam

Sohrab
06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I don't want to interrupt the flow of this thread or dostract from Dawud's question, but when does somebody stop being a Muslim then? (Other than the obvious, i.e. when s/he apostates)

Thanks.
106. Whoever disbelieved in Allâh after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allâh, and theirs will be a great torment.

Sura Nahl

When one accepts disbelief with all his heart...he's no longer a muslim.

Peace

P.S. this isn't about dawood's question :)

glo
06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
This may be a purely Christian perspective, and not very helpful to the discussion, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

People who are 'lukewarm' in their faith and don't take it very seriously often don't have a sense of Statan's presence in their lives.
In contrast, when somebody pushes forward in their faith, get closer to God or seek him more earnestly, Satan will try to interfere and distract that person all the harder! People may then feel tormented by doubt, questions and temptations.

So, if this guy is 'worthy' of Satan's attention, it may be that his walk with God is strong! :statisfie He just needs to keep walking in his faith and push through ... until Satan realises that he cannot win!

peace.

glo
06-19-2006, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sohrab
106. Whoever disbelieved in Allâh after his belief, except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with Faith but such as open their breasts to disbelief, on them is wrath from Allâh, and theirs will be a great torment.

Sura Nahl

When one accepts disbelief with all his heart...he's no longer a muslim.

Peace

P.S. this isn't about dawood's question :)
Thanks, Sohrab

So the crucial question is not whether somebody is feeling doubt and questions - but whether s/he is giving into those feelings? Would you agree?

Peace.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 03:18 PM
That is in fact true. The more iman you have the more shaytaan tries to lure you away. But if you have committed kufr or shirk...:-\.... i don't know what's going on!:'(

Sohrab
06-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Sohrab

So the crucial question is not whether somebody is feeling doubt and questions - but whether s/he is giving into those feelings? Would you agree?

Peace.
Indeed i would agree. I was amazed at your quote (from bible, was it?). I'm tempted to study it more closely now. :)

Salam

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
This may be a purely Christian perspective, and not very helpful to the discussion, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

People who are 'lukewarm' in their faith and don't take it very seriously often don't have a sense of Statan's presence in their lives.
In contrast, when somebody pushes forward in their faith, get closer to God or seek him more earnestly, Satan will try to interfere and distract that person all the harder! People may then feel tormented by doubt, questions and temptations.

So, if this guy is 'worthy' of Satan's attention, it may be that his walk with God is strong! :statisfie He just needs to keep walking in his faith and push through ... until Satan realises that he cannot win!

peace.
We Beleive the same in Islam glo :) I quoted some hadeeth in my post to show for this.

glo
06-19-2006, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
That is in fact true. The more iman you have the more shaytaan tries to lure you away. But if you have committed kufr or shirk...:-\.... i don't know what's going on!:'(
What's 'kufr', Umm-Shaheed?

glo
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
We Beleive the same in Islam glo :) I quoted some hadeeth in my post to show for this.
Sorry, I must have missed your earlier post.
I have read it now. Yes, it says very much the same thing ... :statisfie

Peace.

DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 04:04 PM
kufr is someone who has denied Allah

SubhanAllah , so this could mean that this guy has a strong imaan huh?
WOW! and to think him being so close to me!
Alhamdulilahi rabi al alamein

[QUOTE]Ask your friend to do as how we were ordered to do in Salaat if we feel that Shaytaan is bothering us : lightly spit three times to the left of our shoulder whilst saying A'udhubillah min ash Shaitaan ar rajeem.[QUOTE]

are we supposed to tdo that during salah or after finishing it?

Mawaddah
06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
^ Duringst the Salaat Brother

DAWUD_adnan
06-19-2006, 04:15 PM
thank you and may allah bless you all

SubhanALLAh

- Qatada -
06-19-2006, 05:20 PM
:salamext:

you should check this thread out bro insha'Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...need-help.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/304175-post4.html

Waswasa
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?searc...et=0&msubmit=1

:wasalamex

Dhulqarnaeen
06-20-2006, 05:10 AM
[QUOTE=DAWUD_adnan;363567]kufr is someone who has denied Allah

SubhanAllah , so this could mean that this guy has a strong imaan huh?
WOW! and to think him being so close to me!
Alhamdulilahi rabi al alamein

[QUOTE]Ask your friend to do as how we were ordered to do in Salaat if we feel that Shaytaan is bothering us : lightly spit three times to the left of our shoulder whilst saying A'udhubillah min ash Shaitaan ar rajeem.

are we supposed to tdo that during salah or after finishing it?
According to the hadith we split three times to the left exactly when we eel disturbed by syaithon and they make us forget in which rakaah we salah. I think if we split after we salah it will be too late right? Cause maybe we have done mistakes already :)

lolwatever
06-21-2006, 02:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
asalaam

hey peeps, i knew this uy he is nice and does everything obligated in islam and even more i think:rollseyes

but thats not it he is very nice but everytime he told me that everytime he prays SHaitan or something widpers thing abou our deen that could make him a kafur he does not know what to do hew tries to fight these thoughts as much as posiblle that even when he prays he forgets to say it corectly because he is so caught up in his fight! is he still muslim or not???

:offended: i hope he stil is because he is VERY nice and Allah ....Allah is oft forgiving :offended:
maybe he's possessed lol.. its ok if he mentions he's got a problem but tell him to not get too specific because the companions complained to the prophet 'o prophet there are some thoughts that pass us, the heavens would collapse if they where revealed.. and teh prophet advisedthem (omg i forgot the rest of the hadith reight this very second :X maybe someone can complete, sorry)

- Qatada -
06-21-2006, 06:34 PM
:salamext:

We advise you not to pay any attention to these whispers, and to ignore them, and to do the opposite of what they are calling you to do. For these whispers (waswaas) come from the Shaytaan to cause grief to those who believe. The best way to deal with them is to remember Allaah a great deal (dhikr), to seek refuge with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan [by saying: a`udhu billahi mina ash-shaytani ar-rajim; I seek refuge and protection in Allah from Satan, the accursed).], to keep away from sins and wrong actions which are the means by which Iblees gains control over the sons of Adam. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Nahl 16:99]

It is worth quoting here what Ibn Hajar al-Haythami (may Allaah have mercy on him) said about dealing with waswasah in his book al-Fataawa al-Fiqhiyyah al-Kubra, 1/149. This is what he said:

“He was asked about the problem of waswasah (insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan), and whether there is a remedy for it.

He replied by saying that there is an effective remedy for it, which is to ignore them completely, no matter how frequently they may come to mind. When these whispers are ignored, they do not become established, rather they go away after a short time, as many people have experienced. But for those who pay attention to them and act upon them, they increase until they make him like one who is insane or even worse, as we see among many of those who have suffered from them and paid attention to them and to the devil whose task it is to insinuate these whispers, whom the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us against when he said, “Beware the whispers with regard to water (i.e., wudoo’) which is caused by a devil called al-Walhaan” – because that causes a person to go to extremes with regard to doing wudoo’, as was explained in Sharh Mishkaat al-Anwaar.

In al-Saheehayn there is a report which supports what has been mentioned above, which is that whoever suffers from waswaas should seek refuge with Allaah and turn away from the waswaas. So think about this effective remedy which was taught by the one who does not speak of his own whims and desires to his ummah, and understand that whoever is deprived of this is deprived of all goodness, because waswasah comes from the Shaytaan, according to scholarly consensus, and the accursed one (the Shaytaan) has no other desire than to make the believers go astray, make them confused, make their life a misery, cause them distress to the extent that they leave Islam without realizing it.

“Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy”

[Faatir 35:6 – interpretation of the meaning]

According to another hadeeth, the one who suffers from waswasah should say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers).” Undoubtedly, whoever thinks of the paths of the Messengers of Allaah, especially our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will find that his path and his law is easy and clear, with no hardship in it.

“… and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78 – interpretation of the meaning]

Whoever ponders this and believes in it sincerely, the problem of waswasah and listening to the Shaytaan will go away. In the book of Ibn al-Sunni it is narrated via ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), “Whoever suffers from this waswaas, let him say ‘Aamantu Billaahi wa bi rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and in His Messengers)’, three times, and it will go away from him.”

Al-‘Izz ibn ‘Abd al-Salaam and others mentioned something similar to the above. They said: the treatment for waswasah is to believe that this is an idea from the Shaytaan and that Iblees is the one who is bringing these thoughts to his mind, and he should strive to fight him. Then he will have the reward of the mujaahid, because he is fighting the enemy of Allaah. If he does that, then the Shaytaan will flee from him. This is what mankind has been tested with from the beginning of time, and Allaah has given him (Iblees) some power over man as a test for him, so that Allaah may show the truth to be true and falsehood to be false, even though the disbelievers may hate that.

In Muslim, hadeeth no. 2203, it is narrated that ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas said: “The Shaytaan was interfering with my prayer and recitation of Qur’aan. He [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ] said: ‘That is a devil called Khanzab, so seek refuge with Allaah from him and spit drily to your left three times.’ I did that, and Allaah took him away from me.”

This hadeeth proves the point we are making, which is that waswasah can only overpower the one who is ignorant and confused and does not know what’s what. But the one who has knowledge and understanding will the Sunnah and keep away from bid’ah. The worst of the innovators are those who follow waswaas, hence Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated that his shaykh al-Rabee’ – who was the imam of the people of his time – was the fastest of the people in relieving himself and doing wudoo’.

Ibn Hurmuz used to be slow in relieving himself and in doing wudoo’, and he used to say “I have a problem, do not follow my example.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said that one of the scholars thought it was mustahabb for the one who was affected by waswasah with regard to his wudoo or prayer to say Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, for when the Shaytaan hears dhikr (remembrance of Allaah) he slinks away, and Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah is the best of dhikr, and the most effective remedy for warding off waswasah is to remember Allaah a great deal.

We ask Allaah to take away the waswasah that you are suffering and to increase us and you in faith, righteousness and piety. Ameen.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&QR=62839

---

I strongly encourage you to read the following threads too:

Soul Selling
http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...l-selling.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...8-did-you.html

Satanic Whispers: Meaning & Remedy
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503544296

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?searc...et=0&msubmit=1

---

You may feel afraid that you're sinful for this act, even though its not your fault. But alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah Almighty) - our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

“Allaah has forgiven for my ummah that which is whispered to them and which crosses their minds, so long as they do not act upon it or speak of it.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6664; Muslim, 127)

original post:
http://www.islamicboard.com/304175-post4.html

:wasalamex

Maryam22
06-27-2006, 12:20 PM
check these out.
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=21052&dgn=4
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=82763&dgn=4
please keep in touch, such thoughts can be distressing.
let us know, if he needs furhter assistance.

------
06-27-2006, 12:43 PM
“Verily, he [the Shaytaan] has no power over those who believe and put their trust only in their Lord (Allaah)”

[al-Nahl 16:99]
Thats so tru........Subhanallah!

AnonymousPoster
06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I think Dawud's friend must say the following dua - "Auzu billahi kalimathi tha'math min sharri ma halak" which means " I seek refuge with Allah from all evils He has created"

ysmeenaah
06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I think Dawud's friend must say the following dua - "Auzu billahi kalimathi tha'math min sharri ma halak" which means " I seek refuge with Allah from all evils He has created"

Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.