/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Released Detainees Refute US Guantanamo Suicide Cover Up

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
CAGE PRISONERS

PRESS RELEASE: Tuesday 13th June 2006

Released Detainees Refute US Guantanamo Suicide Cover Up

London – Former Guantanamo detainees, including the 9 British nationals released from the camp, have poured scorn on allegations that the three deaths at Guantanamo were suicides and claim that they are almost certainly accidental killings caused by excessive force used by US guards there.

Moazzam Begg, in a statement on behalf of all the freed British detainees elucidates that the camp’s regime is designed to dehumanise detainees and to make them bereft of hope and believe they have no rights – framing and encouraging suicide amongst them – and suggesting imaginative ways to do so.

Tarek Dergoul, who spent significant time with two of the deceased, provides the first in depth insight into their time in Guantanamo. He describes both Manei al-Otaibi and Yasser al-Zahrani as having indefatigable spirits, never once discussing or contemplating suicide, and being the foremost in their lack of cooperation with their captors and long term committed hunger strikers; leading them to be punished by frequent reprisals and beatings by guards. That it was camp policy to systematically beat incompliant prisoners, Tarek says, makes it hardly surprisingly that such vicious attacks could result in death.

He further elaborates that in Camp One, where he was also held – it would have been physically impossible for them to have committed suicide successfully.

Abdullah Alnoami a former detainee from Bahrain substantiates this accusation, exposing the true nature what was previously believed to be the most oft-quoted suicide attempt at the base, of a Saudi detainee in December 2002. Following an ERF attack, Mishal Al Harbi was left in a coma and permanently paralysed and restricted to a wheelchair for life.

Dr. Adnan Siddiqui of Cageprisoners said “It is clear that the US administrations claim that these deaths were suicide does not stand up close scrutiny and we call on the US administration to allow a full and independent inquiry to debunk the cover up and lies that these deaths were suicide and not murder.”

Statement on the Deaths in Guantánamo Bay

By Joint Former British Detainees

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=14510

Another Guantanamo Whitewash

Statement by Tarek Dergoul

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=14511

Statement by Abdullah Alnoaimi

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=14460

Downloadable pdf of statements

http://www.cageprisoners.com/downloa...statements.pdf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
06-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Jazak allah Khair
May allah(s.w.t) help our brothers

Ninth_Scribe
06-19-2006, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
London – Former Guantanamo detainees, including the 9 British nationals released from the camp, have poured scorn on allegations that the three deaths at Guantanamo were suicides and claim that they are almost certainly accidental killings caused by excessive force used by US guards there.
Possibly, but the fact that these men obtained their freedom first is a little more than suspect. I do recall the infamous Inquisition. I'd like to hear this testimony from someone who remains inside the facility without any promise of release... that might convince me, but no promises.

Ninth Scribe

Daffodil
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
May Allah swt either giv these ppl hidayah n if not may he put his most severe/harsh/painful curse upon them so that they may suffer the worst of the worst of the hell fires. AMEEN

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Possibly, but the fact that these men obtained their freedom first is a little more than suspect. I do recall the infamous Inquisition. I'd like to hear this testimony from someone who remains inside the facility without any promise of release... that might convince me, but no promises.

Ninth Scribe
So an innocent man is less trustworthy than a man who is locked up?:)
No that the detainees still locked up are guilty.... most of them haven't even been trialled.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
May Allah swt either giv these ppl hidayah n if not may he put his most severe/harsh/painful curse upon them so that they may suffer the worst of the worst of the hell fires. AMEEN
Ameen......

Ninth_Scribe
06-20-2006, 05:43 PM
So an innocent man is less trustworthy than a man who is locked up?:)
No that the detainees still locked up are guilty.... most of them haven't even been trialled.
By bad, I misunderstood the statement. I thought the released men were defending the United States against allegations of abuse... which blew my mind considering the state of the men who are imprisoned there.

Ninth Scribe

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Lol no it's ok.;)

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Weree these people captured in Afgahnstan?

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Who? The ones who died? Or the rest who weren't even given a trial?

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Who? The ones who died? Or the rest who weren't even given a trial?

The ones released...

I am curious as to why they were in Afghanistan.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Aren't you curious as to why they were released? Ummmmmm... maybe because they were innnocent?

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Aren't you curious as to why they were released? Ummmmmm... maybe because they were innnocent?
I'm not implying they are not innocent... I am just curious as to why they were there... scary place to be.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-22-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't know. It could have been anything.

Isaac
06-22-2006, 07:59 PM
so what if they were in afghanisatn. what are brtish contractors doing in iraq? why are ex-militarty working in iraq as security guards? maybe they had a genuine reaosn. i was on the border of afghnisatn in 2003 does that make me a suspect. i think that the muslim countries should do what they can do get this dungeon closed, seeing that 99.9% of those locked up in there are muslims. what are he muslims countries who have INNOCENT nationals in that dungeon doing to close it down? we should have a cage and but bush and blair in their, that would sure bring in all the kids. it will be funny seeing them throwing eggs at the animals.

Vishnu
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM
we should have a cage and but bush and blair in their, that would sure bring in all the kids. it will be funny seeing them throwing eggs at the animals.
Is that in accordance with Sharia law, or is that in accordance with I view others who do not hold my belief as animals law?

Isaac
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
nah thats just my view. actually ill chage that to lets drop bombs on them and see how they feel kind of view????

Isaac
06-22-2006, 08:56 PM
how i see it is an animal should be treated like an animal, a terrorist shgould be trated like a terrorist, a murderer should be treated like a murderer. how can you justify the locking up of innocent people in a cage? can you justify it? if you cant then accept that what the have dne is illegal and deserves its due punishment.

Daffodil
06-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Lol i sure wud like to see that happening too.

I know, we cud put strobe lightening in it n deprive them of sleep, we can flay their skin, we can shackle them in torture position for hours n hours n hours, 24 hours shud be gud cuz they wudnt be able to sleep, then we cud get some horny gorillas in there too then we cud cut their eyelids off, i have lots of ideas.

Isaac
06-22-2006, 09:16 PM
hey sis i thought i had ideas, honry gorillas:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: ;D ;D ;D :happy:

Ninth_Scribe
06-23-2006, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
nah thats just my view. actually ill chage that to lets drop bombs on them and see how they feel kind of view????
I fully understand the view... as bad as that might make me... God, do I understand the view!!!

Ninth Scribe

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL...... sis i thought i was nutty, but you take 1st prize!:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.