/* */

PDA

View Full Version : China wants to walk on the moon!

lavikor201
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Couldn't all the money they are using on there space program be used for I don't know.... feeding the millions upon millions of poor people in the country. :heated:

BEIJING, China (Reuters) -- A top official in China's space program has set 2024 for the country's first moonwalk, a Hong Kong newspaper reported on Monday, cementing its position as a new space power.

The mission would kick off in earnest next year, the Beijing-backed Wen Wei Po paper said, when China launches an unmanned lunar satellite in March or April to orbit and survey the lunar surface.

"China now basically possesses the technology, materials and the economic strength" to put a man on the moon, the paper quoted the official as saying.

China has come a long way since then paramount leader Mao Zedong lamented in 1957 -- the year the Soviet Union put the first ever man-made object into orbit -- that the country was incapable even of putting a potato into space.

In 2003, China became only the third country -- after the United States and Soviet Union -- to launch a man into space aboard its own rocket. Last October, it sent two men into orbit.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al-fateh
06-19-2006, 09:31 PM
the same can go for the US rather than taking millions and bomb other countries and go for space race

Ghazi
06-19-2006, 09:32 PM
:sl:

Why are people obsessed with space, they can't even get along on earth,also it's a waste of time and money I mean common the moon big deal why don't they stand on a mountain at night with a space suit and jump around.

al-fateh
06-19-2006, 09:54 PM
space dominance is just like Air dominance

the US is seeking it to have a better grip on this planet

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
06-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Why is that any time a non-musim posts a news thread, he/she gets attacked. I swear, this forum is lucky i'm not a mod - i'd have banned half of the members by now.

Get back onto the topic and quit with the insults.

OT: I think it'd be interesting to see if this mission is actually successful and what they can find out.
Thank you lavikor for posting the thread.

SirZubair
06-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Only half?

Muezzin
06-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Cool, I hope they broadcast it. I've never seen a live moon landing, though my parents have.

Yeah, the money could be used for other stuff, but at least they're not using it to build weapons or something. I say give other countries a shot at getting to the moon. :)

KAding
06-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Good luck to them. Actually, I think a space program might be a fairly effective way to promote science and development. Feeding people is good of course, but it doesn't lead to much development.

root
06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
An interesting post, however don't be fooled into thinking that China simply wants to to "walk on the moon", the top economic powers have future industrial interests in the moon.

The Moon has very high quantities of helium-3 which is rare on our planet.

The unique atomic structure of helium-3 promised to make it possible to use it as fuel for nuclear fusion, the process that powers the sun, to generate vast amounts of electrical power without creating the troublesome radioactive byproducts produced in conventional nuclear reactors. Extracting helium-3 from the moon and returning it to Earth would, of course, be difficult, but the potential rewards would be staggering for those who embarked upon this venture. Helium-3 could help free the United States--and the world--from dependence on fossil fuels.
Al Fetah - space dominance is just like Air dominance the US is seeking it to have a better grip on this planet
How is this relavent to moon landings, I agree with your point but the US does not need the moon to achieve this and is so off topic.

Islam-Truth - Why are people obsessed with space, they can't even get along on earth,also it's a waste of time and money I mean common the moon big deal why don't they stand on a mountain at night with a space suit and jump around.
If islamic countries don't wake up from opinions similar to yours they will only find themselves further isolated from economical power.

Lavicor - Couldn't all the money they are using on there space program be used for I don't know.... feeding the millions upon millions of poor people in the country.
So that these Governments can continue to plough the money into more anti-US strategies and of course their own bank accounts! I mean why should North Korea feed it's people if the US has the money then it should right!

root
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Yes you're correct with this view, it is not just for the purpose of planting a flag. There is an infinite amount of resources in space, which cannot be overlooked by developed nations.
Scotland where I live is only a small nation and ruled by England with a small ammount of local power given to scotland (devolution). However, it is developing a "sling Shot" mechanism which will allow it (so we hope) to develop a mechanism of delivery to the moon without the need of rocket boosters and all that is currently required to get gear into space.

The moon will become the staging post for future space missions and has an abundence of rocket fuel on it, without the need of breaking earths atmosphere interstellar space travel will need the moon in which to build and launch future spacecraft without the weight problems imposed here on earth. My point being Scotland is a small country and might profit from it's small investment which would be good for our country.

But this raises an interesting scenario, suppose people do reach space it is highly likely that only the very elite developed countries will be the ones that do so. Where would this leave the poor still developing countries...
developing countries should be asking themselves exactly the question you have?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 12:17 PM

What is the process that takes place when your helmet is taken off while on the moon? im just curious because no1's eva explained exactly what happens to the body...

:w:

------
06-20-2006, 12:20 PM
You Die :rollseyes

Obviously! There isnt no oxygen on the moon!!!!!! :heated:

06-20-2006, 12:21 PM
u suffocate to death.... u shrivel up and die(due to difference in pressure).... what else can it be?

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
You Die :rollseyes

Obviously! There isnt no oxygen on the moon!!!!!! :heated:

is dat it? i swear somethin extra happens.... duznt it? its not just a lack of oxygen....

I saw in many cartoons dat da head goes massive n den pops..... :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

lol :w:

06-20-2006, 12:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

I saw in many cartoons dat da head goes massive n den pops..... :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

lol :w:
yeah there's a higher pressure inside u so that's a possibility.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
yeah there's a higher pressure inside u so that's a possibility.

lol see is that the same as drowning? coz i heard wen u drown ur lungs n brain burst... dats why ur shaheed so, can u become shaheed by dying on the moon?

06-20-2006, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

lol see is that the same as drowning? coz i heard wen u drown ur lungs n brain burst... dats why ur shaheed so, can u become shaheed by dying on the moon?

Dunno - lets get back on topic!

I think China is selfish to want to go on the moon when there are so many people dying of starvation.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 12:39 PM

if u tell them that they will say they wanna go to the moon to improve the lives of people and blah blah and prob bring up the population crisis...!!

j4763
06-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Good luck to them! I would love to see a moon landing in full colour. Always wondered why the yanks haven’t staged another trip to the moon in the last then years with all this new technology, imagine they could hook up a live web cam on the moon or something.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-20-2006, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Cool, I hope they broadcast it. I've never seen a live moon landing, though my parents have.

Yeah, the money could be used for other stuff, but at least they're not using it to build weapons or something. I say give other countries a shot at getting to the moon. :)
Yeah. I wonder why no one else has tried it yet.
W'salaam

lavikor201
06-21-2006, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Yeah. I wonder why no one else has tried it yet.
W'salaam
It costs a LOT of money.... :)

Ghazi
06-21-2006, 07:59 PM

Also it's already been done I doubt the public would be excited about people walking on the moon these days, they'd probably want reality T.V.

Vishnu
06-21-2006, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Also it's already been done I doubt the public would be excited about people walking on the moon these days, they'd probably want reality T.V.
I'm not so sure about that. 2/6 people on this earth live in India or China, so if one of the countries were to have a guy on the moon it would be huge.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.