/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which country do you live in?

Pages : [1] 2

limitless
06-20-2006, 01:24 AM
:sl:

just a curosity :) . Just wanted to see who is from which country . Oh please answer honestly. By the way I am from Ontario, Canada :P

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
06-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Texas

although most Americans are under the impression that is one of the USA States. We humor them and let them think so.

BlissfullyJaded
06-20-2006, 01:38 AM

^ loq.

USA as well. :)

Abdullah4ever
06-20-2006, 01:40 AM

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
habiibti
06-20-2006, 01:49 AM
^^^^ my neighbour,

Hamilton,Ontario,Canada.

Abdullah4ever
06-20-2006, 01:58 AM

I lived there before... near Mohawk rd.

habiibti
06-20-2006, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
^^^^ my neighbour,

Hamilton,Ontario,Canada.
that is where da college is,i live east end tho.

Salah ad-din
06-20-2006, 04:02 AM
New York, New York. Family is from the West Indies.

Umu 'Isa
06-20-2006, 04:12 AM
i live in goood ol' australia mate :) lol

F.Y.
06-20-2006, 04:13 AM
Oo-soo-too-raa-lee-ya.

That's how the Japanese say it. :)
Peace

hidaayah
06-20-2006, 04:15 AM
100 % pakistani!
i think we have a similar thread here somewhere though

Malaikah
06-20-2006, 04:16 AM

AUSTRALIAAAAAAAA

Theres a kangaroo in my backyard..:eek: Grrr, how did that get there!:okay:

F.Y.
06-20-2006, 04:21 AM
Oh! Well, I have a koala in the house - its sleeping. Its so calm mashallah.
Hang on - how did it get there?;D

Tilmeez
06-20-2006, 04:34 AM
PAKISTAN!!
I come from North West Frontier Province, living in South (Karachi) for i studied here and now my job is here but my family is there in NWFP.

Umm Khalid06
06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
England=london;D

syilla
06-20-2006, 08:47 AM
you can see for yourself...on the left.

I thought most of you are from Europe...but I'm wrong.

SirZubair
06-20-2006, 08:51 AM
None of the above..thank god.

I am from NewZealand.

aamirsaab
06-20-2006, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
None of the above..thank god.
say that again, and I'll do this on you

:p (just kidding)

Britain isn't that bad.

SirZubair
06-20-2006, 09:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
say that again, and I'll do this on you

:p (just kidding)

Britain isn't that bad.
OH yes it is ;D ;D Especially london...and bolton smells like fish,..leicester..dont get me started on leicester.. ;D ;D

SirZubair
06-20-2006, 09:18 AM
LOL ! ;D

I've gotta admit...i loved my time in Birmingham,..i loved hearing all those guns go off all the time ! :hiding:

Chechen
12-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Salam

I was just wondering from where everyone comes from

So, what country do you come from?

oMz
12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
England!

England
12-14-2006, 04:52 PM
•»¤™¤«ËÑgl&#197 ;&#20 9;뤙¤«•

Umar001
12-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I dont really have a country, I live in England but its hardly somewhere I'd call home. :(

glo
12-14-2006, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I dont really have a country, I live in England but its hardly somewhere I'd call home. :(
Where were you born, Eesa?

I was born and grew up in Germany. I have lived in England for 16 years - and I definitely call it my home. :)

Keltoi
12-14-2006, 05:34 PM
United States of America

Umar001
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Italy, never lived where my parents are from, only stayed in italy a while, and then england, but never really felt like england is home, I've always had some sort of racism in the background.

Not having a place to call home aint that bad though, I mean, it makes it easier to realise that this world is only temporary.

jzcasejz
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Born In England (London) And Live There Aswell...

Hometown - Bangladesh...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-14-2006, 05:41 PM
From Pakistan...but born and raised in the US.

Chechen
12-14-2006, 06:07 PM
I see we've got a lot of people from England here

smile
12-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Down South Somewhere

MusLiM 4 LiFe
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
born in england..

chacha_jalebi
12-14-2006, 07:44 PM
manz was born in good old london :D england :D:D:D

Sabbir_1
12-14-2006, 07:48 PM
United snakes of amrika.. kiddin..

me from england..bham

Ar-RaYYan
12-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I know what you mean bro, my view is the same as yours. I have lived in four countries and non of them feel 'home'!

chacha_jalebi
12-14-2006, 08:05 PM
if you dont feel home then go home :p lol naa i understand

but although i am british, i dont call myself british, i always call moi self muslim and country wise im a pakistani :D :D but i have always considered englaaaand moi home :D

Ar-RaYYan
12-14-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechen
I see we've got a lot of people from England here

where are u from bro? :)

Sabbir_1
12-14-2006, 08:19 PM
''i am british, i dont call myself british, i always call moi self muslim and country wise im a pakistani but i have always considered englaaaand moi home''

only time i call myself a british is when i gotta fill in some forms, if someone comes to me and asks me ill just say im a muslim.. born in England land of free home of brave..lol..

Al_Imaan
12-14-2006, 08:29 PM
from Afghanistan..born, raised, and still livin in the US

England
12-14-2006, 08:35 PM
Born in England, raised in England, STILL in England and bloody proud of it too.

Umar001
12-14-2006, 08:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by proud_muslimah
I know what you mean bro, my view is the same as yours. I have lived in four countries and non of them feel 'home'!
Don't worries, where your from aint a biggie, I dont have a house here on earth but insha'Allah I'll have one in Jannah, thats my view!! :happy:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I dont feel attracted to where I live either. Not feelin at "home" here as well :D

Ar-RaYYan
12-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Don't worries, where your from aint a biggie, I dont have a house here on earth but insha'Allah I'll have one in Jannah, thats my view!! :happy:
Inshallah hope everyone one of us will have one in Jannah!:) Ameen!

I was born in Somaliawent to Ethiopia stay there for a while
then Denmark and now currently living in England

:)

Al_Imaan
12-15-2006, 12:28 AM
"May Allah(swt) bless us all with a house in Jannah. Ameen"......that feels much better

Chechen
12-15-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by proud_muslimah
where are u from bro? :)
I come from Chechnya the most beautiful country on Earth which I love and am so proud of!! :D :D

north_malaysian
12-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Federation of Malaysia...

where the sun shines on daily basis, and it could be rainy in any given day.....

Skillganon
12-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I originally comes from (ethnic origin) bangaldesh where their is no limit to floods and where the fishes roam free.

north_malaysian
12-16-2006, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
and where the fishes roam free.
and we have to import our fish supply from Thailand, even we are surrounded by sea.

Woodrow
12-16-2006, 01:57 AM
Born in the USA, Hartford, Connecticut to be exact. Lived in Connecticut till I was 19 and then wandered. Have lived in every State East of the Mississippi river and several west of it. Lived in several Mideastern countries, and 2 Far Eastern countries. Have also lived in Canada and Mexico.

I'm back in the USA again. this is my third time to live in Texas. This is the first time I have lived in Austin.

waji
12-16-2006, 04:24 AM

Pakistan

lyesh
12-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Maldives :)

Mawaddah
12-16-2006, 11:38 AM
My country?

I dunno

I was born in Malaysia, but never really lived there until three years back when I stayed there for 2 years. Until 10 I lived in the Bahamas, then Yemen for 5 and then back in the Bahamas.

Out of them three I dont feel at home in any place :cry:

Fishman
12-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Currently in a hamster.

limitless
12-16-2006, 12:40 PM
meh your all mostly in England!!

I'm from Canada :) !! and still living in Canada :D

Naheezah
12-16-2006, 04:59 PM
im from Mauritius!

Ninth_Scribe
12-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Salam

The U.S.A. - I was born in Boston, Massachusetts and live on Cape Cod. It's a nutty kind of existence. Every year it swings your life into some pretty twisted extremes. The place has awesome beaches and a cool afternoon sea-breeze, so it gets crowded here, to the point where you can barely breath in the summer much less drive. Everyone comes here to let loose and go nuts... one ten week long party! But the place empties out in the autumn, much to our relief, and before you know it, there's barely a soul to be found here. It sounds great but it can be depressing too since it's so dark, bleak and bitter during the winter months.

I brought my own own fire and ice to even out the odds, but I've seen the extreme changes in environment here, reduce some of the most disciplined people to drunks in as little as three years.

But it makes for some pretty pictures of Paradise.

Eastham: A quaint little drinking village with a slight fishing problem.

Ninth Scribe

Curious girl2
12-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Born in England, moved to Spain when I was a baby. Moved back to England when I was about 10, lived here ever since.

Peace CG

Snowflake
12-16-2006, 07:25 PM
born and bred in B'ham, UK. I feel the whole world is my home and every country is a room lol. But I'm barred! :(

Sanobar
12-17-2006, 06:32 AM
INDIA- its definitely home for me... :):):)

Chechen
12-17-2006, 11:12 AM
You guys are all lucky to live in the country you love and call home
I don't have that chance... :(

AHMED_GUREY
12-17-2006, 12:33 PM
cheer up bro insha-allah one day we will :happy:

samsam
12-17-2006, 12:48 PM
HOLLAND!!!- but now i live in England, im here for 2 years, whatever happens i'll alwayz call holland home

lamya
12-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,
I live in Pakistan, but i was born in England and i go there often, but i love my country even though there is corruption and what not going on!!

I used to love england/London but now.......... i dunno, since i started my niqab thingy everything changed, i stopped doing lots of things that where wrong and then i lived there one year recently and i realized how hard it is going out, and also rearing children islamiclly is harder, i feel more grateful here in Pakistan for everything I have and when i see the poor people, i get this feeling of sympathy and love for them.

I dont hate England coz my mums side live there and i go there every summer but i dont feel comfortable there anymore.

YusufNoor
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Born in the USA, Hartford, Connecticut to be exact. Lived in Connecticut till I was 19 and then wandered. Have lived in every State East of the Mississippi river and several west of it. Lived in several Mideastern countries, and 2 Far Eastern countries. Have also lived in Canada and Mexico.

I'm back in the USA again. this is my third time to live in Texas. This is the first time I have lived in Austin.
:salamext:

*looks at (Uncle)Woodrow's temp gauge 67*:ooh: *

*looks at weather channel ikon, 27* :eek: *

*wonders if we are in the same country :hmm: *

Tukwila, WA USA

but you could call it Little Somalia!:giggling:

:wasalamex

Periwinkle18
12-17-2006, 02:24 PM
From Pakistan...but born and raised in the HongKong

Chechen
12-17-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
cheer up bro insha-allah one day we will :happy:
Insha Allah
but where are you from?

Maarya
12-17-2006, 02:59 PM
salam

well, both sets of my grandparents were born in Pakistan, so woz ma dad, bt me n my mum were born here.

Maarya
12-17-2006, 03:00 PM
salam,
i just said me n ma mum were born here - here is England

AHMED_GUREY
12-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Insha Allah
but where are you from?
Somalia :happy:

Muezzin
12-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Krypton.

Chechen
12-17-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
Somalia :happy:
Oh that's cool. And where do you live now?

AHMED_GUREY
12-17-2006, 03:51 PM
London bro!

Chechen
12-17-2006, 03:57 PM
LOL how come everybody is in England???

Ninth_Scribe
12-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Dont be sad. We all had to fight and struggle. We just do this at different times. Your time is now and your future is in your own hands. One day...

Ninth Scribe

^..sTr!vEr..^
12-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Yeeaaah m the luckiest alhamdullilah!!
Born in Pakistan n inshAllah vil live here all my lyff.. :)

Chechen
12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Dont be sad. We all had to fight and struggle. We just do this at different times. Your time is now and your future is in your own hands. One day...

Ninth Scribe

Yeah I understand that. I'd rather never return to Chechnya rather than returning to a Russian occupied Chechnya. Just that I haven't been to my country for 7 years now. Ok sure not being able to go to your country but knowing that that beautiful place is being destroyed.:cry: Plus I haven't seen my relatives for 7 years. Some of my relatives and friends have died and I haven't managed to see them one last time. That's why I'm being patient but it's really hard...

Hijrah
12-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Born and raised in Amrika, but I call Pakistan home, and as polluted as it is, I would rather live there honestly.

:cry:

The Ruler
12-17-2006, 07:21 PM

pluto...sadly they just declared it not to be a planet :mmokay:...but i tell you...it is :happy:

Ninth_Scribe
12-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah I understand that. I'd rather never return to Chechnya rather than returning to a Russian occupied Chechnya. Just that I haven't been to my country for 7 years now. Ok sure not being able to go to your country but knowing that that beautiful place is being destroyed.:cry: Plus I haven't seen my relatives for 7 years. Some of my relatives and friends have died and I haven't managed to see them one last time. That's why I'm being patient but it's really hard...
Well, if I had to choose, I would not call anywhere in this world my home. I would call Heaven my home. I have friends and family there and hope to see them again soon. Till then, I'm stuck in this... evil place.

Ninth Scribe

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-17-2006, 11:25 PM
^^ Ha I agree sis. I choose Heaven anyday :)

Chechnya
12-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah I understand that. I'd rather never return to Chechnya rather than returning to a Russian occupied Chechnya. Just that I haven't been to my country for 7 years now. Ok sure not being able to go to your country but knowing that that beautiful place is being destroyed. Plus I haven't seen my relatives for 7 years. Some of my relatives and friends have died and I haven't managed to see them one last time. That's why I'm being patient but it's really hard...
May Allah (swt) reward you for your patience

Ive seen lots of pictures of Ichkeria, it is a beautiful country - its sad what the Russian dogs are doing to the people and the country...

Whats worse is the way Muslims and Muslim groups like Hamas betray brothers and sisters Chechnya and strike deals with Russia - these people are low.

Inshallah the Mujahideen will force the Russians out again - they did it in the first war, inshallah they will do it again

Al_Imaan
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM

so much travelin..woodrow...i've only moved once..and tat's from NY to MD...it's too quiet here compared to the wildness in NY...

Dahir
12-19-2006, 04:36 AM

Live in Robbinsdale Metro area.
Work in Hilltop rural strip mall.
Attend school in Minneapolis.

I like to travel quite often in my day. :uhwhat

Woodrow
12-19-2006, 05:16 AM
You notice how much bigger and prettier TEXAS is.

syilla
12-19-2006, 05:21 AM
lol....

maybe i should post malaysia map too...and it is prettier...lol

Dahir
12-19-2006, 05:29 AM

You notice how much healthier we are? ;D

Woodrow
12-19-2006, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
lol....

maybe i should post malaysia map too...and it is prettier...lol
In the US there is much Humor about Texas. For a long time Texas was the largest State and Texans used to brag about things being bigger in Texas.

Alaska is roughly 2 and 1/2 times the size of Texas and it has stolen our bragging rights, so we just get to pick on the lower 48 States. (But we figure that once all the ice melts Alaska will be smaller than some of our Texas counties)

Malaysia is a beautiful country. If I was still able to travel I would love to go there. I've only seen it from the air. Please do post some pictures.

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 05:39 AM

"Everything is BIGGER in Texas"

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 05:48 AM

Map of Malaysia

syilla
12-19-2006, 06:34 AM
requested by bro woodrow

i don't really have a beautiful pics at my place.

ppl have to guess where really it is... lol

(oops...not my pic...the food is not mine. it is just one of the popular dishes in m'sia..."satay")

Skillganon
12-19-2006, 06:49 AM
Bro North_Malaysian. Malaysia is very small compared to Indonesia.

Sis Syilla that food look's tasty. You must be a good cook.

north_malaysian
12-19-2006, 07:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Bro North_Malaysian. Malaysia is very small compared to Indonesia.
Very small indeed.... during sukarno's period, Indonesia opposed the independent of Malaysia and want it to be inserted as part of Indonesia... they even claimed that "Malaysia is British proxy in Southeast Asia".

But, now both of us Malaysians and Indonesians are OK.

Seeker-of-ilm
12-19-2006, 10:50 AM
May Allah reward u for your patience brother.

As for me, born in the UAE but living in Australia now. My background however is Eritrean....If you don't where Eritrea is, then shame on you :okay:
Australia is home for now but i don't see myself establishing any roots here if you know what i mean...

Chechen
12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
May Allah (swt) reward you for your patience

Ive seen lots of pictures of Ichkeria, it is a beautiful country - its sad what the Russian dogs are doing to the people and the country...

Whats worse is the way Muslims and Muslim groups like Hamas betray brothers and sisters Chechnya and strike deals with Russia - these people are low.

Inshallah the Mujahideen will force the Russians out again - they did it in the first war, inshallah they will do it again
Insha Allah the war will be over soon and the mujahideen will put the Russians to their knees and we'll be able to return to our country and anyone will be welcome to visit

New_Muslim
12-19-2006, 06:09 PM
The USA

limitless
12-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Interesting, I am the only as I have seen on the thread that is from Ontario ,Canada.
Love Canada :D . Sad, no one is from Ontario ,Canada so far :( .

However, all the muslim countries in the world are my homeland :D!

snakelegs
12-20-2006, 04:36 AM
the u.s. i've lived in a lot of states - now in southern california. i love it here but big problem is that way too many other people do too. dreaming of texas, cuz i hear there is considerably more freedom there.
i would love to roam the world!
limitless,
i lived in ontario for awhile as an illegal immigrant - kingston and ottawa. does that count?

north_malaysian
12-21-2006, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i lived in ontario for awhile as an illegal immigrant
:uuh: in my country you could be flogged...

snakelegs
12-21-2006, 08:05 AM
yikes! i was only 16 - they just sent me back to the u.s.
i liked canada a lot.... but it's way too cold for me.

i212
12-21-2006, 08:29 AM
from Malaysia..... "Food Paradise"... heheheheheh....
Specificly... Born in Kedah
more specific... Born in Sg. Petani.

Now..
Live in Selangor, work in Selangor. :)

AbuSalahudeen
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I was born in Somalia, but have lived in England since the age of 3.

convert
05-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Amreeka

glo
05-01-2009, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
yikes! i was only 16 - they just sent me back to the u.s.
i liked canada a lot.... but it's way too cold for me.
It's nice to still come across snakelegs' posts once in a while. Brings back memories ... :)

Raudha
05-01-2009, 03:50 PM
I come from South Africa..It's sad to see that there are so few South Africans on the forum..
Maybe we should consider going on strike :P

3isha
05-01-2009, 03:55 PM
England

but wanna experience wt its lyk to live in the Middle East,
one day inshalllah

Grofica
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
America org but now Bosna is home with my sweet husband <3

ardianto
05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
What country that has the largest number of Muslims people ?.........Indonesia !

But why I am alone ?, where is another Indonesian Muslim ?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-02-2009, 04:37 AM
I'm sure there are some lurking around bro or perhaps they still have yet to discover this forum... :D lol.

Yanal
05-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Bismillah Hair Rahmaan Nara Heem
Maybe we should have a poll to have accurate results?
Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah Wabarkatuh.

Grofica
05-02-2009, 05:40 AM
a poll would be nice. and easier to see how many people are from "our own area" fabulous idea Yanal!

saba muslimah
05-02-2009, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Bismillah Hair Rahmaan Nara Heem
Walakum Asalam Warakmatulah WaRehmatullah-e-Wabarkatuh.
Pls must write in arabic...these words u writing wrong by the meanings...

If in roman u like so pls write " Bismillahe Rehman ne Raheem"

You broke the last two words og ALLAH .....Hope u don't mind & if m wrong here so whynot u tell me freely.... :statisfie
JazakAllah

saba muslimah
05-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Salam

Oh on the first topic...
M from Pak.. Country...:thumbs_up

Danah
05-02-2009, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
It's nice to still come across snakelegs' posts once in a while. Brings back memories ... :)
Indeed :cry:
it has been more than 9 months!

ardianto
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
I'm sure there are some lurking around bro or perhaps they still have yet to discover this forum... :D lol.
Sister, actualy I know what the answer of my question.

Not only in this forum, looking for Indonesians in other ENGLISH Islamic forum is difficult. That is not because they have yet discover this forum or another English Islamic forum. When I visited Indonesians Islamic forum, I found they knew many English language Islamic forum in web, and sometime they visited these forums, they read many posts and even they made a discussion about posts in some English Islamic forum.
But why they never joined ?. That because, for many Indonesian, English is a 'scary language'. A tipicaly of Indonesian people is, they usually have low esteem and feel inferior if they must speak English. If you read posts of some Indonesians you can find they said "My English is not good".
I had an interested to joined this forum since the first time I found it, but I waited one month before I registered because I felt inferior with my English. And after I had registered, I need 24 hours to made my first post in introduction section.:D

In Indonesia is not difficult to find Muslims people who can not speak English but can speak in verry good Arabic. They are graduates from Islamic schools.

I have visited an English language culture (non religious) forum, and I found many Indonesians. But majority of them are non-muslims. No wonder, those non-muslims were prepared to study in foreign countries.
I often find Indonesian learn English in an English course but never learn longer than 3 months or even 2 weeks. This is a fact.

Oftenly, my friends ask me " How can you joined in English language forum if your English is not good ? ".
And I always answer " I know my English is bad, but that is not a problem. They always understand why I am talking about ".
Frankly, I have two reasons why I joined in LI. First, I want to meet my Muslim brother and sister from other countries. Second, I want to learn English.

Thanks for your response, Sister. Jazaka Allahu khairan.

north_malaysian
05-04-2009, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
What country that has the largest number of Muslims people ?.........Indonesia !

But why I am alone ?, where is another Indonesian Muslim ?
I am wondering the same... we had an active Indonesian member years ago, Asyur An Nagi... but he died in a tragic accident .. May Allah bless his soul...

He's Javanese and a Muslim convert... and just married to a Malaysian. His little brother, Pramudito informed us about his death...

I think now you're the only active Indonesian forummer here...

I might be the only active Malaysian forummer... I wonder why syilla and Muslim Knight are not here frequently... but both of them are quite active on facebook.

north_malaysian
05-04-2009, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
yeah

north_malaysian
05-04-2009, 01:47 AM

Not only in this forum, looking for Indonesians in other ENGLISH Islamic forum is difficult. That is not because they have yet discover this forum or another English Islamic forum. When I visited Indonesians Islamic forum, I found they knew many English language Islamic forum in web, and sometime they visited these forums, they read many posts and even they made a discussion about posts in some English Islamic forum.
But why they never joined ?. That because, for many Indonesian, English is a 'scary language'. A tipicaly of Indonesian people is, they usually have low esteem and feel inferior if they must speak English. If you read posts of some Indonesians you can find they said "My English is not good".
I had an interested to joined this forum since the first time I found it, but I waited one month before I registered because I felt inferior with my English. And after I had registered, I need 24 hours to made my first post in introduction section.:D

In Indonesia is not difficult to find Muslims people who can not speak English but can speak in verry good Arabic. They are graduates from Islamic schools.

I have visited an English language culture (non religious) forum, and I found many Indonesians. But majority of them are non-muslims. No wonder, those non-muslims were prepared to study in foreign countries.
I often find Indonesian learn English in an English course but never learn longer than 3 months or even 2 weeks. This is a fact.

Oftenly, my friends ask me " How can you joined in English language forum if your English is not good ? ".
And I always answer " I know my English is bad, but that is not a problem. They always understand why I am talking about ".
Frankly, I have two reasons why I joined in LI. First, I want to meet my Muslim brother and sister from other countries. Second, I want to learn English.

Do Indonesians learn English at school? Or they learn Dutch?

coddles76
05-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Parents are lebanese but I was born and bred in Good old Sydney Austraila. The land of pies and saugage rolls and were having a good time involves another shrimp on the barby with a good old VB coldie in the right hand ;)

Muslim Woman
05-04-2009, 02:09 AM
In the name of Allah , Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Salaam/peace

.. what country do you come from?
guess :)

a hint

ardianto
05-04-2009, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Do Indonesians learn English at school? Or they learn Dutch?
Do Indonesians learn English at school ? Yes.
Or they learn Dutch ? Bro, today is not collonial era :D

I dont know why Indonesians are lazzy to learn English seriously except people who want to go to foreign countries.
And even we make some jokes about our 'broken English' such as "Little little sih, I can" or "I am good good only" or "My salary no up up".

Dont you know ? in a blog I read an Indonesian wrote " Look at Malaysian, they say they have a national language but they always proud to speak English".

north_malaysian
05-05-2009, 12:56 AM

Dont you know ? in a blog I read an Indonesian wrote " Look at Malaysian, they say they have a national language but they always proud to speak English".
One weird thing about Malaysians... when a Malaysian meet another Malaysian abroad... automatically both of them will be talking in English..

In fact, most Malaysian professionals, talk in English.

In fact, many Malaysians mix English and Malaysian when talking...:exhausted

And the kids at schools have to learn Mathematics and Science subjects in English...

Like it or not, English Language is here to stay.... like forever... maybe because our nation is a member of the British Commonwealth.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 01:13 AM

LoL :D Ok brother MashaAllah. I'm glad you could answer yourself better than myself. I think one shouldn't let themself feel inferior because of a language barrier. It's not your fault u know. But MashaAllah I'd say ur English isn't as horrible as you may think. InshaAllah you'll improve mooreee :) You'd be surprised that some native speakers don't exactly have good english skills :skeleton: I have seen this throughout school :skeleton:

Wa iyaak brother. may Allah reward you, ameen.

Woodrow
05-05-2009, 01:41 AM

LoL :D Ok brother MashaAllah. I'm glad you could answer yourself better than myself. I think one shouldn't let themself feel inferior because of a language barrier. It's not your fault u know. But MashaAllah I'd say ur English isn't as horrible as you may think. InshaAllah you'll improve mooreee :) You'd be surprised that some native speakers don't exactly have good english skills :skeleton: I have seen this throughout school :skeleton:

Proper English Grammar seems to be a dieing skill among many of us native English speakers. Many of us fall into the trap of speaking non-standard or colloquial/slang English and/or any of the local dialects rather then staying with the traditional standard English, which is supposed to be taught in the schools, but is often poorly taught.

So you are correct, many English speakers, do not speak or write proper English.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 01:44 AM

Proper English Grammar seems to be a dieing skill among many of us native English speakers. Many of us fall into the trap of speaking non-standard or colloquial/slang English and/or any of the local dialects rather then staying with the traditional standard English, which is supposed to be taught in the schools, but is often poorly taught.

So you are correct, many English speakers, do not speak or write proper English.

How right you are bro. It kind of surprises me...when we read in class, many students struggle on words that you think you'd have mastered even by uni time...strange.

Intisar
05-05-2009, 02:07 AM
:sl: In short: Somalia - Kenya - travelled Europe - Canada (:D) - and now the US ( :skeleton:) .

ardianto
05-05-2009, 07:38 AM

I have many friend who active in internet and I often invite along them.
"Friends, try to join English discusion, or at least chating with foreigner. Dont worry with your bad English, they always understand and they will not mock you. Discuss or chat with people from other countries is a good chance for improve your English"
And may friends always replies "I shall" or "InshaAllah" but they still discuss or chating only in Indonesian language.
Maybe I must recognize them to my another friend. he was a driver, low educated, not rich but he had visited USA, Japan, Hongkong and Thailand because he speaks english very well. Unfortunately, he has moved and I dont know his new adress.

muslim soul
05-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Aslam alaykum
I was born in liverpool , uk but live in Algeria

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
I have many friend who active in internet and I often invite along them.
"Friends, try to join English discusion, or at least chating with foreigner. Dont worry with your bad English, they always understand and they will not mock you. Discuss or chat with people from other countries is a good chance for improve your English"
And may friends always replies "I shall" or "InshaAllah" but they still discuss or chating only in Indonesian language.
Maybe I must recognize them to my another friend. he was a driver, low educated, not rich but he had visited USA, Japan, Hongkong and Thailand because he speaks english very well. Unfortunately, he has moved and I dont know his new adress.
Wow, yea I think you should :) Sure why not, InshaAllah.

ardianto
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, yea I think you should :) Sure why not, InshaAllah.
Thank, sister :)
Jazak Allah khair

Imaan
05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
South Africa

Obiwan
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Born in Tajikistan. My homeland is Russia, Tatarstan

bewildred
05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Born and raised in Algeria. Thanking Allah for it's a great blessing to be born in an Islamic society.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Thank, sister :)
Jazak Allah khair
wa iyaak bro :D:)

nebula
05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I was born in east london aka ghetto :skeleton: lol, lived here most of my life.

Faith.
05-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Born and raised in Uk.!
dull and rainy Uk..:X

S_87
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM

the best island in the world barbados and currently in the UK :)

yusuf18
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
algeria

FatimaAsSideqah
05-05-2009, 10:42 PM

Born in Scotland and lived in there all in my life. :) But the Jannah is only my home IF Allah Taala accept me Insha'Allah!

GreyKode
05-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Mars.

greenshirt
05-05-2009, 10:57 PM
asalaamu alaikum

i was born in albania but have lived in the USA since a child and have been raised here. i live near DC in virginia and i love it here.

i may disagree with my government on many issues, but i love where i live and the people here :D

Imaan
05-06-2009, 09:10 AM
The brother who started this forum, is he from Chechnya?

SouljahOfAllah
05-06-2009, 09:27 AM
Born 'n' Bredded in the UK (londoom)
but from nOrTh CyPrUs *rolleyes*

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 02:21 AM
I was just wondering how many people from different countries are here? I always find it fascinating to talk to different people from all over the world.:D I happen to do that allot:D

I noticed a lot here are in the UK. Where else are you?

I am in Virginia, USA , how about you? Most of my family, %98 came form Italy. We live mainly in NY, but have spread all over the United states.

ardianto
01-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Everyone here know where I am living. Yes, Indonesia.
In exactly, at Bandung city, West Java province.

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 02:32 AM
I would love to go to Indonesia:D I heard it's a beautiful country:statisfie

ardianto
01-13-2010, 02:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Italianguy
I would love to go to Indonesia:D I heard it's a beautiful country:statisfie
Do not stay in hotel when you visit Bandung city. You must stay in my home.

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 02:49 AM
Do not stay in hotel when you visit Bandung city. You must stay in my home.
Your AWESOME!:D As long as you have room for me;D I don't want to imposeimsad

I really will go someday,God willing. Hope you don't mind a Christian dude stayin with ya;D I wont bother you...I'm a pretty fun dude to hang out with, you know see allllll the sights to see;D

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Isn't that near Cimahi Selatan?

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 03:33 AM
Ooo good thread idea, I'm from Ontario Canada. My father immigrated from the Netherlands my mom immigrated from the US. :)

ardianto
01-13-2010, 04:00 AM
Isn't that near Cimahi Selatan?
Cimahi is in the west side of Bandung, around 8-10 Km from my home. I am in Bandung Tengah area.

FYI :
Selatan = South
Utara = North
Timur = East
Barat = West
Tengah = Central

ardianto
01-13-2010, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zaira
Ooo good thread idea, I'm from Ontario Canada. My father immigrated from the Netherlands my mom immigrated from the US. :)
And they meet in Canada ?. :)

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:05 AM
Cimahi is in the west side of Bandung, around 8-10 Km from my home. I am in Bandung Tengah area.

FYI :
Selatan = South
Utara = North
Timur = East
Barat = West
Tengah = Central
Ohhh ok, I think I know where that is now:D Not like I have been there;D But I knew some friends whom were going on a mission trip there awhile back.

Abdul Qadir
01-13-2010, 04:09 AM
Sinagpore--concrete jungle

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Qadir
Singapore or Sinagpore? My brother had an offer for a job n singapor.

Donia
01-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Texas.
Yee-haw! :)

ardianto
01-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Singapore is Fine City.

Spitting (fine S$ 5)
Littering (fine S$ 5)
Vandalism (fine S$ 1,000)
Chew a chewing gum (fine S$ 1,000)
..... and many fines. :D

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 04:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Donia
Texas.
Yee-haw! :)
Y'all got dem big''ol steers dar, don't cha? lol

Everything is bigger in Texas:p

sister herb
01-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Finland.

As I know in this forum have also some other Finnish members - not many unfortunately.

:hmm:

Donia
01-13-2010, 04:30 AM
Y'all got dem big''ol steers dar, don't cha? lol

Everything is bigger in Texas:p
Very funny. Hardy har har.

lol.

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 04:41 AM
And they meet in Canada ?. :)
Yup my parents met each other in Canada.

Indonesia sounds like a beautiful country. I have a suspicion that in my family tree on my father's side is Indonesian blood. Many of my dutch relatives dark eyes and black hair, they look native american. I think an ancestor of mine got busy in the colony. lol

Have you ever been to Canada?

Abdul Qadir
01-13-2010, 04:43 AM
ahaha..its Singapore..its not a fine city at all ardianto...but i was born here..have to make Hijrah insyallah...as for italianguy's brother, good luck!!

Ramadhan
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM

Indonesia sounds like a beautiful country. I have a suspicion that in my family tree on my father's side is Indonesian blood. Many of my dutch relatives dark eyes and black hair, they look native american. I think an ancestor of mine got busy in the colony. lol

I am from Indonesia, and many of my relatives from my father side have fair skin, and we all think our great-great grandmother from my father side was a mistress of a dutch meneer who owned plantation in east java :)
oh, we could be related! :D

syilla
01-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Salams...

I'm from New Zealand.

I wish...

Amadeus85
01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Im from Poland.

Well, well this is a brittish forum. I am suprised why they didnt make any Monthy Python funclub here. Anyway, good that it's a forum and we dont have to listen to their accent :).

BintAbee
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
South Africa.....

Supreme
01-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm from the United Kingdom, and admittedly somewhat a patriot. I love the weather here. Never too hot, never too cold, and we never have droughts or hurricanes.

Raaina
01-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm from the United Kingdom to.

I'm sorry to say, i'm not very patriotic, although my country is beautiful in some areas, I don't like how this country is currently. I'd love to move abroad into Europe or Asia.

Edited to add: Great thread Italian guy!

Beardo
01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm from the United States of America! :D

Also happens to be the home country of the guy who made this thread.

Life_Is_Short
01-13-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm from Planet X. :D

tw009
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I am from Canada.

wildkat
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
Im from Poland.

Well, well this is a brittish forum. I am suprised why they didnt make any Monthy Python funclub here. Anyway, good that it's a forum and we dont have to listen to their accent :).
Oi!!!! At least nobody ever has any trouble understanding what we say! Lol yeah I'm British, love this place, cant imagine living anywhere else.

And Supreme, dont know where you've been this week but its freeeeeeeeeeezing here!

Supreme
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wildkat
Oi!!!! At least nobody ever has any trouble understanding what we say! Lol yeah I'm British, love this place, cant imagine living anywhere else.

And Supreme, dont know where you've been this week but its freeeeeeeeeeezing here!
Freezing? This Winter is pathetic. Try going to St Petersburg in February, with temperatures of -20*C- THAT is freezing!(-;

Hayaa
01-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Singapore is Fine City.

Spitting (fine S$ 5)
Littering (fine S$ 5)
The cleanest city out there... I'd love to visit! :D

Raaina
01-13-2010, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supreme
Freezing? This Winter is pathetic. Try going to St Petersburg in February, with temperatures of -20*C- THAT is freezing!(-;
New York is pretty cold this time of year to, Boston is worse!!

I speak from experience! :eek:

bewildred
01-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Oran, Algeria in here yessssssssss!!!! I love this city. It's simply gorgeous.

catalzzy
01-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Malaysian.. living in uk.. bleehhh

Supreme
01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Catalzzy
Malaysian.. living in uk.. bleehhh
How about our weather? It rains more in Malaysia that the UK because of the tropical monsoon; however, I imagine it's far colder than what you're used to.

Danah
01-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Middle East......
Singapore is Fine City.

Spitting (fine S$ 5)
Littering (fine S$ 5)
wow!!

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 08:05 PM
Hmm, let me see, I currently live in Egypt but my parents come from Somalia, I grew up in Holland most of my childhood. :D

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I am from Indonesia, and many of my relatives from my father side have fair skin, and we all think our great-great grandmother from my father side was a mistress of a dutch meneer who owned plantation in east java :)
oh, we could be related! :D
Oooh you never know eh :D ... I would be honoured to be related to such great people :statisfie

Someday if I have extra money I wanna get one of those DNA tests that tell you about your ancestry, I find those interesting.

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Oooh you never know eh :D ... I would be honoured to be related to such great people :statisfie

Someday if I have extra money I wanna get one of those DNA tests that tell you about your ancestry, I find those interesting.
I heard about this DNA test base which holdes records of DNAs of people with the smae name,I think Allahu'alam. :)
:wa:

Rabi'ya
01-13-2010, 08:40 PM
****The United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and unitary state consisting of four countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.****

I live in Wales :)

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AlHoda
I heard about this DNA test base which holdes records of DNAs of people with the smae name,I think Allahu'alam. :)
I saw a news report on it, it's about $1000 and you spit in a tube and mail it to california and they will tell you what diseases your most prone to and your ancestry. But I imagine it will be some time before I have an extra $1000 for that :p

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 08:54 PM
im from the country that when you go out in the morning to school its dark ,when you go for lunch in the afternoon its dark and when you come home in the evening its dark

dark.....dark....dark

bewildred
01-13-2010, 09:00 PM
You live on the moon????????

Cabdullahi
01-13-2010, 09:06 PM
england......

Asiyaah
01-13-2010, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
im from the country that when you go out in the morning to school its dark ,when you go for lunch in the afternoon its dark and when you come home in the evening its dark

dark.....dark....dark
LOL - sounds like here *sigh* - Come back sun. imsad

Güven
01-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm from a country where you freeze your head off, if you walk outside for a second. I'm from a country where I have to scrap ice off my car windows EVERY morning to get to school. I'm from a country... Ahh forget it. I'm from Holland. The freezing Netherworld..uhm I mean Netherlands. :hmm:

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
I'm from a country where you freeze your head off, if you walk outside for a second. I'm from a country where I have to scrap ice off my car windows EVERY morning to get to school. I'm from a country... Ahh forget it. I'm from Holland. The freezing Netherworld..uhm I mean Netherlands. :hmm:
Oh wow, ......hey is cold out there today?;D

I saw a special on tv where there were a bunch of guys in the suv's with monster tires driving on frozen lakes and across crevass's....crazy!;D

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mystical_moon
New York is pretty cold this time of year to, Boston is worse!!

I speak from experience! :eek:
I was just in little Italy(NY) a couple of weeks ago.......yup it was freeeeezziiing!

I was in Boston on November 16 for a competition at the Orphiam Theatre, i wasn't to cold.....but it rained the whole time. :hmm:

AlHoda
01-13-2010, 09:58 PM
:haha: :( I feel bad for you those in the west, you all are out there freezing, but Cairo has its strange weathers too. For example our house is cold but outside it always a bit warmer. Mystical. :D

Banu_Hashim
01-13-2010, 10:01 PM
I was just wondering how many people from different countries are here? I always find it fascinating to talk to different people from all over the world.:D I happen to do that allot:D

I am in Virginia, USA , how about you? Most of my family, %98 came form Italy. We live mainly in NY, but have spread all over the United states.
New Yorkers of Italian descent... hmm... Are you guys from Sicily by chance? (the home of the mafia):skeleton:

Italianguy
01-13-2010, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Banu_Hashim
New Yorkers of Italian descent... hmm... Are you guys from Sicily by chance? (the home of the mafia):skeleton:
Fuggedaboutit!;D

Yes we have Sicilian blood too, as well as Sardinian.

I only have a small portion of family left in Sicily, They are all fleeing the Mafia stronghold there, ......it's pretty bad there now.

I would say more but........my lawyer and the witness protection program have put a gag order on me ;)

Güven
01-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Fuggedaboutit!;D

Yes we have Sicilian blood too, as well as Sardinian.

I only have a small portion of family left in Sicily, They are all fleeing the Mafia stronghold there, ......it's pretty bad there now.
Are you somehow related to Tony Montana, Vito Corleone , Benjamin Ruggiero?

Woodrow
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
I now live in the Republic of Lakotah

I was living in the USA.

However, the Sioux have now severed all treaties with the USA and we have now declared independence and claim parts of the Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana and Wyoming as the Republic of Lakotah. Although, the government is sort of chuckling at us, we are dead serious and we will not recognize the wasichu government of the USA. We are doing our best to assert our independence peacefully, but if need be, we will have another stand off at Wounded Knee and this time the Blue Coats will have to bury all of the Lakotah, as this will remain Lakotah land as long as one Lakotah remains standing.

Although the Lakotah withdrew from all treaties in 2007, we have just now become fully organized and have announced our declaration of being an independent nation.

Lakota Indians Withdraw Treaties Signed With U.S. 150 Years Ago

Thursday, December 20, 2007

WASHINGTON — The Lakota Indians, who gave the world legendary warriors Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse, have withdrawn from treaties with the United States.

"We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,'' long-time Indian rights activist Russell Means said.

A delegation of Lakota leaders has delivered a message to the State Department, and said they were unilaterally withdrawing from treaties they signed with the federal government of the U.S., some of them more than 150 years old.

The group also visited the Bolivian, Chilean, South African and Venezuelan embassies, and would continue on their diplomatic mission and take it overseas in the coming weeks and months.

Lakota country includes parts of the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

The new country would issue its own passports and driving licences, and living there would be tax-free - provided residents renounce their U.S. citizenship, Mr Means said.

The treaties signed with the U.S. were merely "worthless words on worthless paper," the Lakota freedom activists said.

Withdrawing from the treaties was entirely legal, Means said.

"This is according to the laws of the United States, specifically article six of the constitution,'' which states that treaties are the supreme law of the land, he said.

"It is also within the laws on treaties passed at the Vienna Convention and put into effect by the US and the rest of the international community in 1980. We are legally within our rights to be free and independent,'' said Means.

The Lakota relaunched their journey to freedom in 1974, when they drafted a declaration of continuing independence — an overt play on the title of the United States' Declaration of Independence from England.

Thirty-three years have elapsed since then because "it takes critical mass to combat colonialism and we wanted to make sure that all our ducks were in a row,'' Means said.

One duck moved into place in September, when the United Nations adopted a non-binding declaration on the rights of indigenous peoples — despite opposition from the United States, which said it clashed with its own laws.

"We have 33 treaties with the United States that they have not lived by. They continue to take our land, our water, our children,'' Phyllis Young, who helped organize the first international conference on indigenous rights in Geneva in 1977, told the news conference.

The U.S. "annexation'' of native American land has resulted in once proud tribes such as the Lakota becoming mere "facsimiles of white people,'' said Means.

Oppression at the hands of the U.S. government has taken its toll on the Lakota, whose men have one of the shortest life expectancies - less than 44 years - in the world.

Lakota teen suicides are 150 per cent above the norm for the U.S.; infant mortality is five times higher than the U.S. average; and unemployment is rife, according to the Lakota freedom movement's website.
Map of the Republic of Lakotah. Gold area indicates boundaries that could be taken back if all treaties with the Lakota People and the United States are withdrawn. Red and maroon areas indicate current boundaries.

I currently live in the red area of the map. That is Reservation land and technically was not under Federal Law anyhow. So this will have little change for me except I am taking an active role in the recognition of RoL as an independent nation

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-13-2010, 10:37 PM

I am from Turkey.My hometown is a city called Zonguldak.It is popular with coal mines.Above photo shows the place I grew up.

desert winds
01-13-2010, 11:07 PM
Hello,
I love this topic, i am glad to know there are people here from all over the world,

Brother yasin i am feeling jelous! Your lucky i have heard turkey has a bit of everything in regards to cuisine, and the women there... Lol, the circus is always in town!

Anyway, i am a pakistani and i live in england. The country is dull. The snow however has been great, i was rolling around in it today, loved it!

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Love it there......did you notice all the florescant orange and purple trees there too?;D

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad

I am from Turkey.My hometown is a city called Zonguldak.It is popular with coal mines.Above photo shows the place I grew up.
And you moved?:hmm: Why?

It looks awesome there!:D

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 01:33 AM

I was living in the USA.

However, the Sioux have now severed all treaties with the USA and we have now declared independence and claim parts of the Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana and Wyoming as the Republic of Lakotah. Although, the government is sort of chuckling at us, we are dead serious and we will not recognize the wasichu government of the USA. We are doing our best to assert our independence peacefully, but if need be, we will have another stand off at Wounded Knee and this time the Blue Coats will have to bury all of the Lakotah, as this will remain Lakotah land as long as one Lakotah remains standing.

Although the Lakotah withdrew from all treaties in 2007, we have just now become fully organized and have announced our declaration of being an independent nation.

Map of the Republic of Lakotah. Gold area indicates boundaries that could be taken back if all treaties with the Lakota People and the United States are withdrawn. Red and maroon areas indicate current boundaries.

I currently live in the red area of the map. That is Reservation land and technically was not under Federal Law anyhow. So this will have little change for me except I am taking an active role in the recognition of RoL as an independent nation

Don't scalp me brother:raging:.......I wasn't here when the white devil's stole all these lands......we were in Italy and I wasn't even born yet:phew

I am just kidding bro:p

Thats awesome that you are trying to make it a nation:D I want to start my own nation too and everybody here is invited:D Free castles and fod, cars , and what ever you wan't.:D

Good luck and God bless!

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Are you somehow related to Tony Montana, Vito Corleone , Benjamin Ruggiero?
No comment.....:shade:

And Tony was Columbian;D That was one bad movie:D But he went out with a bang;D

Beardo
01-14-2010, 03:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Not too far from where my mind is usually.

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 03:59 AM
Come on people, there have been over 400 veiws of this thread and only like 20 people respond? Where is everybody from?

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 04:08 AM
I am a Punjabi (native of Punjab, one of most ancient lands of South Asia) living in Canada. Before that I lived in Saudi Arabia for most of my life. I am not patriotic about any country. I just prefer sticking my heritage and culture, within the confines of Islam i.e. food, language, dress and mannerisms. I've tried food from other distant cultures (Italian pasta, Chinese sushi and what not) but they could not stimulate my taste buds as much.

Rabi Mansur
01-14-2010, 04:33 AM

Amreeka, pacific northwest here.

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 04:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
I am a Punjabi (native of Punjab, one of most ancient lands of South Asia) living in Canada. Before that I lived in Saudi Arabia for most of my life. I am not patriotic about any country. I just like my heritage and culture within the confines of Islam.
Oh wow, I know you probably don't like it......but..... I am pretty dang good at playing the Dhol, I have been playing for 2 years. I also listen to Bhangra and go to the competitions....they are awesome shows!:D

Woodrow
01-14-2010, 04:42 AM
Don't scalp me brother:raging:.......I wasn't here when the white devil's stole all these lands......we were in Italy and I wasn't even born yet:phew

I am just kidding bro:p

Thats awesome that you are trying to make it a nation:D I want to start my own nation too and everybody here is invited:D Free castles and fod, cars , and what ever you wan't.:D

Good luck and God bless!
The Sioux can be a touch hot headed. In the original treaty the reservation was supposed to be what are now the States of Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. But after the Wounded Knee massacre of 1890 the reservations were broken down into what is red in the map. and even in there the only parts that have not been intruded upon are the dark colored areas which have been divided into Pine Ridge, Lower Brule, Cheyenne River, Sisseton-Wahpeton and Standing Rock. The last serious attempt to reclaim the land was in 1973 and ended with the Stand off at Wounded Knee resulting in the death of 3 FBI agents and I forgot how many Sioux. Leonierd Peltier was charged with murder for the deaths of the FBI agents. But, the standoff was at Wounded Knee on Pine ridge and the land is reservation and by treaty under tribal law the FBI agents had no authority on the rez and Peltier should have been tried under tribal not federal law.

The new Push on demanding independence is in hopes of the Rez being recognized as being Lakotah land. There is actually little hope of getting all the land wanted. But the reason for demanding that is because that is what the Lakotah were recognized as the boundaries established under the last treaty. But, the main goal is to establish once and for all the Rez land is not under USA jurisdiction. The timing to make the Push now is because both Texas and Vermont are scheduled to bring up a proposal of withdrawing from the US in the State Legislatures. In hopes the publicity will bring notice to the Republic of Lakotah and force honoring of the last Treaty. But, if they refuse to honor the treaty, the tribe will declare war on the USA and hope everything will resolve Peacefully.

latiffa
01-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Today...Germany.

Tomorrow...I don.t know. :)

But, pls. don.t ask me about yesterday coz I have too much to write... :D

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Oh wow, I know you probably don't like it......but..... I am pretty dang good at playing the Dhol, I have been playing for 2 years. I also listen to Bhangra and go to the competitions....they are awesome shows!:D
haha wow, dude, lol. I personally do not like Punjabi music, especially bhangra and dhol, one of the reasons because music is prohibited in Islam, but I did have some liking towards Punjabi flute in the past. Imagine playing melancholic notes on it on a foggy dull morning beside the Indus River ..... and praising God through sorrowful tunes.

Rabi Mansur
01-14-2010, 04:48 AM
Do it!!! You never know what kind of dna you are carrying around. DNAtribes has one for about $200.00. I took the test and had a huge surprise.

Even though my known ancestry primarily comes out of England, Denmark, France and Germany, my DNA closest matches were in the middle east. Of the top 5 population matches, 4 were in the middle east (UAE and Oman). My region scores were Arabia, not Europe, as you would expect looking at me (fair skin, light hair).

It completely blew me away. It was after I got my test scores back that I started studying Arabic and Islam. I knew nothing about either until I got the DNA results, then I thought it might be interesting to learn more about Islam.

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur
Do it!!! You never know what kind of dna you are carrying around. DNAtribes has one for about $200.00. I took the test and had a huge surprise.

Even though my known ancestry primarily comes out of England, Denmark, France and Germany, my DNA closest matches were in the middle east. Of the top 5 population matches, 4 were in the middle east (UAE and Oman). My region scores were Arabia, not Europe, as you would expect looking at me (fair skin, light hair).

It completely blew me away. It was after I got my test scores back that I started studying Arabic and Islam. I knew nothing about either until I got the DNA results, then I thought it might be interesting to learn more about Islam.

Ok pardon my ignorance, what does fair skin mean? Dont Europeans have "fair" skin i.e. white? Light hair? meaning not black? hmm confused.

Rabi Mansur
01-14-2010, 05:07 AM
Ok pardon my ignorance, what does fair skin mean? Dont Europeans have "fair" skin i.e. white? Light hair? meaning not black? hmm confused.
Oh sorry. Where I live "fair" skin means white skin. Or that it sunburns easily. Light hair means blond or reddish or light brown, not black.

Ramadhan
01-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Masha Allah!
It's so beautiful!!!

Did you really grow up there?
i thought it's only in stories that people can grow up in such beautiful places :D

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Masha Allah!
It's so beautiful!!!

i thought it's only in stories that people can grow up in such beautiful places :D
I grew up here.
http://www.pakembassy.cz/PakistanImages/IndusRiver.jpg
and here
http://pakistanphotos.files.wordpres...9/06/indus.jpg
kidding.

ok serious. I grew up here, allhamdulillah.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/-lucie-...7605013375485/
and here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/-lucie-/2581339806/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/-lucie-/3276910610/

good ol days.

Abdul Qadir
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Italianguy, whenever i see ur posts, i think of the tall italian guy from Mind your language...lol

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist
haha wow, dude, lol. I personally do not like Punjabi music, especially bhangra and dhol, one of the reasons because music is prohibited in Islam, but I did have some liking towards Punjabi flute in the past. Imagine playing melancholic notes on it on a foggy dull morning beside the Indus River ..... and praising God through sorrowful tunes.
I have never tried the flute? I love the sound of it though:D I do have to say I like the traditional style Indian music, north and south....but...the old stuff not that new mix with that rap crap:hmm: I love playing the Dhol, i play it outside......and the neighbors just love it!!;D

But what you said, would sound awesome:D

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Italianguy, whenever i see ur posts, i think of the tall italian guy from Mind your language...lol
Is that a tv show?? Not sure i have heard of it?

Abdul Qadir
01-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Is that a tv show?? Not sure i have heard of it?
how can u not know of that show!!!

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
OHH another pakora? mashallah

Italianguy
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh that show.lol it's so old. My father watched reruns when I was a kid. I used to walk around saying "holy ravioli" lol where is Mr. brown now......hmmmmm

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
01-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Umm I live in NY as u can tell in my profile...originally though I am Pakistani...and have Kashmiri background...
Not that this counts but my great great grandmother was Persian lol.

crayon
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Well let's see: by blood, I am Syrian, with Turkish, Kurdish, and French origins. By nationality I am Syrian Canadian. I've lived in Syria, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and the UAE. So how many countries do I represent? :P

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Well let's see: by blood, I am Syrian, with Turkish, Kurdish, and French origins. By nationality I am Syrian Canadian. I've lived in Syria, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and the UAE. So how many countries do I represent? :P
wow. lol.

btw falafel are amazing.

CosmicPathos
01-14-2010, 05:28 PM
OHH another pakora? mashallah
lolz...............

Abdul Qadir
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Oh that show.lol it's so old. My father watched reruns when I was a kid. I used to walk around saying "holy ravioli" lol where is Mr. brown now......hmmmmm
Mr brown is dead...he died as a cab driver...he was broke...=(..i missed those days...sweet memories...

cat eyes
01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
i come from umpa lumpa land you might have heard of it and i work for my boss charlie in a chocolate factory....... oompa loompa doom pa-dee-do

kamran javed
01-14-2010, 06:04 PM

first what's mean by NY i did't understand by this word..
i am pakstani and i happend much people or pak , and ur good decided uk.i have't give a much time to islamic fourm, then i don't saying sure about How many different countries represented here? so nice of asking about this lol

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i come from umpa lumpa land you might have heard of it and i work for my boss charlie in a chocolate factory....... oompa loompa doom pa-dee-do
africa?.......

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Masha Allah!
It's so beautiful!!!

It is really nice,isnt it? :DYes i really grew up there.You can even see the primary school i attended.It is the big building behind the mosque.If you look carefully you can see the minaret of the mosque.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Why didn't you mention about your Turkish side bro? Dont you like it?;D:p

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2010, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
a perfect mixture.i liked it ...

cat eyes
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
africa?.......
noop :giggling:

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Brother yasin i am feeling jelous!
Dont feel jealos.You can download the photo on your computer :D
Your lucky i have heard turkey has a bit of everything in regards to cuisine, and the women there...
what do you mean with women?

Cabdullahi
01-14-2010, 06:25 PM
noop :giggling:
kuala lumpur ,Malaysia ?

Güven
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Why didn't you mention about your Turkish side bro? Dont you like it?;D:p
Well, I only go there in the summer. And the weather there is incredibly warm. last year it was something around 30 - 40 Celsius :exhausted

I need something in between the freezing and the burning. The place where you stay looks good though. :D

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
And you moved?:hmm: Why?

It looks awesome there!:D
I left Zonguldak for university.I went Kocaeli and stayed there after uni.I didnt return coz I work in Kocaeli.
Zonguldak has nice shores, beaches but I wont return there.Because there are more practising Muslim in where I am living now.and Zonguldak is really poor when it comes to practise Islam.

Asiyaah
01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rabimansur

oh mashallah. What a wild way for Allah to introduce you to Islam. Wonder when your ancestry moved to europe. Maybe some of your ancestors migrated to muslim spain in the dark ages, how interesting.

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
I need something in between the freezing and the burning. The place where you stay looks good though. :D
Then you would love the Karadeniz region.

Güven
01-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Then you would love the Karadeniz region.
Yep I've heard its beautiful there.

The accent they have is funny though. :D

Life_Is_Short
01-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Love it there......did you notice all the florescant orange and purple trees there too?;D
No that's the worst case of pollution on planet Earth. :ermm:

Banu_Hashim
01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
By blood...I'm Indian with Iraqi and Hejazi origins. And I've lived in the United Kingdom all my life :).

desert winds
01-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Dont feel jealos.You can download the photo on your computer :D what do you mean with women?
Lol, the women wear loads of makeup and look like clowns!
And hey, im very fond of sibel can! I have no idea what she sings bout but i love the track 'cakmak' :-)

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
And hey, im very fond of sibel can! I have no idea what she sings bout but i love the track 'cakmak' :-)
lol,......look like clowns;D

Rabi Mansur
01-15-2010, 02:54 AM
oh mashallah. What a wild way for Allah to introduce you to Islam. Wonder when your ancestry moved to europe. Maybe some of your ancestors migrated to muslim spain in the dark ages, how interesting.
Yep. Pretty wild. I think all of our ancestors did a lot of moving around. I highly recommend that anyone look into DNA testing. It opens up a whole new world.

ardianto
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM

There is proverb in Indonesia. "Rambut sama hitam, pendapat berbeda" (Hairs are black, opinion is different). That's because all Indonesian have black hairs and also dark eyes. And Indonesians are not too different than native South American.

Not yet. But, Insha Allah.

sur
01-15-2010, 04:51 PM

I was living in the USA.

However, the Sioux have now severed all treaties with the USA and we have now declared independence and claim parts of the Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana and Wyoming as the Republic of Lakotah. ........

Very interesting, never herd of this land's story before.....

Anyways, I'm from Pak-istan .....

Fore-fore fathers from my father's side were "sikh" in india who converted to Islam....

while my mother's side has been muslim since ever..... as far as we can trace back ...... Grandfather of my mother's father(my grand'pa) used to teach Quran to "jinns"..... would u believe that.....

yasin ibn Ahmad
01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by desert winds
I know her but I dont listen to her songs.I dont know any new songs of her.
But there is an interesting story which reflects the contradiction of daily life in Turkey.I actually overheard this.The vice manager at the school I work was talking to a friend of him.He told this as an example of the contradiction of believers in Turkey.He said Sibel Can prays five salahs a day.I couldn't believe because she seems very different on the stage when singing in improper clothes.But who knows?Maybe he was right maybe he was wrong.But he sounded sure about his claim.

ardianto
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM

Isn't he your brother ?.

Taqiyah
01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
ok so am a bit confused...do you wanna know where I am from originally or where I live right now...:hmm::hmm:
Ok Anyways now I live in the Buckeye State!:D:D:D*The Home of the Champions*wuhooo;D;D Ok honestly I don't care so much for football(or should I say "American Football":p:hmm:) but I can't help it when everyone is putting it right in my face wherever I go,school, mall, tv, radio and did I say schoool:heated:;D Ok I don't absolutely hate it because if I do I will have to stop going out of the house and watching t.v:hiding::pimsadimsad Well anyway now it is really exciting how the bucks won the Rose Bowl! After all the excitement and cheering I deserve a rose:statisfienever got it thoimsad:p:p
http://www.islamicboard.com/attachme...gobuckeyes.jpg

Italianguy
01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
ok so am a bit confused...do you wanna know where I am from originally or where I live right now...:hmm::hmm:
Ok Anyways now I live in the Buckeye State!:D:D:D*The Home of the Champions*wuhooo;D;D Ok honestly I don't care so much for football(or should I say "American Football":p:hmm:) but I can't help it when everyone is putting it right in my face wherever I go,school, mall, tv, radio and did I say schoool:heated:;D Ok I don't absolutely hate it because if I do I will have to stop going out of the house and watching t.v:hiding::pimsadimsad Well anyway now it is really exciting how the bucks won the Rose Bowl! After all the excitement and cheering I deserve a rose:statisfienever got it thoimsad:p:p
http://www.islamicboard.com/attachme...gobuckeyes.jpg
It doesn't matter. Either where you are now or where you came from. I just started this thread because i love talking to people in every country and am interested to know where everyone is from:D

Gooooooo Buckeyes!;D Believe it or not.....I think i am the only man in "Ahmed_eee_ka" that doesn't watch sports:embarrass:embarrass

I will watch soccer or for us foreigners real "football" I love watching Italy play!:D

I will watch Cricket matches sometimes with my father in law. When he went to med school in India(where he's from) he was a good bowler:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.