/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gog and Magog in China, Mongolia???

al-fateh
06-20-2006, 02:53 PM
last night i was watching a lesson on the Islamic Channel Iqraa

the scholars topic was about the last days. he was talking in depth about Gog and Magog, and the possibility of them being people living in the east landlocks in China, Mongolia, and between Russia!

has anyone heard of this before? Gog and Magog being asians?

maybe Chinese or Mongolians?

i also check the bible references i noticed that they talk about the same thing, with the same relation as well to Zul Karnain

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
06-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Nah - i think they're the zionists

Muslim Knight
06-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Whatever they were, they don't exist today as single ethnic groups. They have mingled around and mixed blood with other races. It is possible that people who cause destruction and commit so many killings have inherited from Gog and Magog.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM

:sl:

From the above posts i get the impression u lot think that gog n magog are living amongst us but i heard they are sealed up in between two mountains behind a barrier

^ im sry if this info is wrong, feel free to correct inshaAllah!

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al-fateh
06-20-2006, 03:05 PM
What is the relation of them with Turkey?

and Russia?

Muslim Knight
06-20-2006, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

From the above posts i get the impression u lot think that gog n magog are living amongst us but i heard they are sealed up in between two mountains behind a barrier

^ im sry if this info is wrong, feel free to correct inshaAllah!

:w:
There is a hadith narrated by Zaynab bt Jahsh wherein Rasulullah mentions that a hole have opened in the barrier. Judging the 1400 years have passed, it could not be impossible. Moreover, Gog and Magog aren't exactly supernatural creatures; they are descendants of one of the offspring of Nuh 'alayhissalaam, but they have natural propensity for bloodshed and destruction and this were noted in the Quran. One could only compare between the races of the world today and seek out which ones are the most destructive.

Muezzin
06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
One could only compare between the races of the world today and seek out which ones are the most destructive.
Be very, very careful in how you discuss this...

Nablus
06-20-2006, 03:19 PM
we shall ask about

Muslim Knight
06-20-2006, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Don't worry. I won't point anyone out. However, since no race have stepped up front claiming to be Gog and Magog, I am of the opinion that they are already among us, having mingled around for so many centuries that the distinct ethnicity have long since run out. That's why I am saying they don't exist as single ethnic groups.

lolwatever
06-21-2006, 10:00 AM
we can keep guessing but we won't know till they come out.
So if you know you'll live till then, you might wanna keep betting on who's right or not.

lol salam

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 10:01 AM
has anyone read 'the thirteenth tribe'?

SirZubair
06-21-2006, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I think everyone should pay This thread a visit.

muslimah_here
06-21-2006, 10:25 AM

Actually Iv aslo heard they that yaagoog and maagoog (Quraanic name for gog and magog) tribe would arise from china in the Quraanic Tufseer of Dr.Israr Ahmed on QTV. However no one is 100% sure about this n besides these things are not as important as remembering the fact we might even die before that time the more important thing is to strive to be better muslims and seek knowloedge of deen that would make our imaan stronger and help us attain Jannat INSHALLAH! :)

FI AMANALLAH.

06-21-2006, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
has anyone read 'the thirteenth tribe'?
Yeah has any1 heard of the 13th tribe?

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 10:35 AM
no one knows for sure that's why all the scholars say ''allahu 'aalim'' when they finish...

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
There is a hadith narrated by Zaynab bt Jahsh wherein Rasulullah mentions that a hole have opened in the barrier. Judging the 1400 years have passed, it could not be impossible. Moreover, Gog and Magog aren't exactly supernatural creatures; they are descendants of one of the offspring of Nuh 'alayhissalaam, but they have natural propensity for bloodshed and destruction and this were noted in the Quran. One could only compare between the races of the world today and seek out which ones are the most destructive.

:salamext:

yes but i thot there gnna come AFTER dajjal... am i wrong?

:wasalamex:

------
06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
LOL Asian Gog And Magog....thats funny :hiding:

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah
LOL Asian Gog And Magog....thats funny :hiding:

asian implies bengali's right?

*thinks about brother-in-law* ;D ;D

hmm im jus thinkin, i heard gog n maggog gnna drink up the ocean soon as they come out aswell... i aint heard of no ocean being drank lol!

06-21-2006, 12:01 PM
No it wasn't the ocean it was the sea of Galilea (river tiberius), which has already dried up. That's why scholars say they've already come. There are differences in opinion however.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma1
No it wasn't the ocean it was the sea of Galilea (river tiberius), which has already dried up. That's why scholars say they've already come. There are differences in opinion however.

WHOAH!!! Itrs dried up? subhanAllah!! Then they hav come, if rasullulah saws said wen they come the river will be drank then they must hav come by now!!! right? coz its a prophecy...

Ghazi
06-21-2006, 12:05 PM

They havn't come the mahdi hasn't even arrived yet by the time they get here Isa would've already come.

IceQueen~
06-21-2006, 12:06 PM
the reason why scholars say they'll come after dajjal is because of the sequence in the sahih muslim hadith...

06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

They havn't come the mahdi hasn't even arrived yet by the time they get here Isa would've already come.
Yep but there's no surety in saying that they're coming after the mehdi. There's this really good lecture by Imran Hosein that's worth listening to (i'm gonna try and find the website)

Daffodil
06-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow this stuff is amazing.

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marge1
the reason why scholars say they'll come after dajjal is because of the sequence in the sahih muslim hadith...

SAHIH MUSLIM:

Book 041, Number 6932:
Hudhaifa b. Usaid reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) was in an apartment and we were beneath that that he peeped in and said to us: What are you discussing about? We said: (We are discussing about the Last) Hour. Thereupon he said: The Last Hour would not come until the ten signs dppear: land-sliding in the east, and land-sliding in the west, and land-sliding in the peninsula of Arabia, the smoke, the Dajjal, the beast of the earth, Gog and Magog, the rising of the sun from the west and the fire which would emit from the lower part of 'Adan. Shu'ba said that 'Abd al-'Aziz b. Rufai' reported on the authority of Abu Tufail who reported on the authority of Abu Sariha a hadith like this that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not make a mention of (the tenth sign) but he said that out of the ten one was the descent of Jesus Christ, son of Mary (peace be upon him), and in another version it is theb lowing of the violent gale which would drive the people to the ocean.

^^ Gog and Maggog are mentioned AFTER dajjal and the beast...

manaal
06-21-2006, 03:28 PM
So are they among us or not? According to the hadith they are not, 'cos dajjal (pseudo messiah) and the beast (dhabbathul ardh) have not appeared..obviuosly.
I have heard about the tribe being barricaded in a cave.... is this mentioned in the qura'n? must look it up now...

al-fateh
06-21-2006, 03:32 PM
not mentioned in a cave

but they are mentioned being behind a barrier of metal, a wall the zhul karnain built

look at Surah Kahf

IbnAbdulHakim
06-21-2006, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
not mentioned in a cave

but they are mentioned being behind a barrier of metal, a wall the zhul karnain built

look at Surah Kahf

Even now no1 knows who zhul karnain is... and i dont think its Alexender... no reason why though!

manaal
06-21-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh
not mentioned in a cave

look at Surah Kahf
Thanks sister, that helped locate this:

Surah Kahf (18)

83. And they ask you about Dhul-Qarnain. Say: "I shall recite to you something of his story."

84. Verily, We established him in the earth, and We gave him the means of everything.

85. So he followed a way.

86. Until, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a spring of black muddy (or hot) water. And he found near it a people. We (Allâh) said (by inspiration): "O Dhul-Qarnain! Either you punish them, or treat them with kindness."

87. He said: "As for him (a disbeliever in the Oneness of Allâh) who does wrong, we shall punish him; and then he will be brought back unto his Lord; Who will punish him with a terrible torment (Hell).

88. "But as for him who believes (in Allâh's Oneness) and works righteousness, he shall have the best reward, (Paradise), and we (Dhul-Qarnain) shall speak unto him mild words (as instructions)."

89. Then he followed another way,

90. Until, when he came to the rising place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We (Allâh) had provided no shelter against the sun.

91. So (it was)! And We knew all about him (Dhul-Qarnain).

92. Then he followed (another) way,

93. Until, when he reached between two mountains, he found, before (near) them (those two mountains), a people who scarcely understood a word.

94. They said: "O Dhul-Qarnain! Verily! Ya'jûj and Ma'jûj (Gog and Magog) are doing great mischief in the land. Shall we then pay you a tribute in order that you might erect a barrier between us and them?"

95. He said: "That (wealth, authority and power) in which my Lord had established me is better (than your tribute). So help me with strength (of men), I will erect between you and them a barrier.

96. "Give me pieces (blocks) of iron," then, when he had filled up the gap between the two mountain-cliffs, he said: "Blow," till when he had made it (red as) fire, he said: "Bring me molten copper to pour over it."

97. So they [Ya'jûj and Ma'jûj (Gog and Magog)] were made powerless to scale it or dig through it.

98. Dhul-Qarnain) said: "This is a mercy from my Lord, but when the Promise of my Lord comes, He shall level it down to the ground. And the Promise of my Lord is ever true."

99. And on that Day [i.e. the Day Ya'jûj and Ma'jûj (Gog and Magog) will come out], We shall leave them to surge like waves on one another, and the Trumpet will be blown, and We shall collect them all together.

100. And on that Day We shall present Hell to the disbelievers, plain to view,

101. (To) Those whose eyes had been under a covering from My Reminder (this Qur'ân), and who could not bear to hear (it).

102. Do then those who disbelieve think that they can take My slaves [i.e., the angels, Allâh's Messengers, 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), etc.] as Auliyâ' (lords, gods, protectors, etc.) besides Me? Verily, We have prepared Hell as an entertainment for the disbelievers (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism).

manaal
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
Thanks sister, that helped locate this:
Sorry, meant to say: thank brother :rollseyes

al-fateh
06-21-2006, 04:32 PM
you are welcome sis

tilmeez-ullah
06-22-2006, 02:30 AM
the other day i was watching a documentary on the discovery channel. tribes in the forests of indonesia tell stories of their forefathers explaining how there once lived very short people up in remote caves. they claimed that these "little people" were very savage and beast like, and would often raid local villiages. another thing that caught my attention was that they calimed that the little peole ate everything when they raided the villages. they even named these people based on their savage eating habits.

someof the last old aged survivors to remember these people told the story and even showed the caves where they once lived.

probably not yajooj and majooj...but allah hu alam

no scource, i guess youll just have to take my word.

abdussattar
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
As Much as I know, Yajooj and majooj are trapped inside a Iron wall made be Zhul-qarnain, and they will come out after the appearance of dajjal.

They daily make a hole in the wall, and they say "we will do it tomorrow" and the hole gets closed.
One fine(unfine or us) day, they will say "INSHALLAH will will do it tomorrow" and the hole will remain and many holes will break the wall and they will com out.

Allahu Alim I am no scholar.

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
I too think that they are Zionists. But Allah knows best.

Cabdullahi
09-08-2010, 01:43 PM
yajoj and majuj were trapped near the Caucasus mountains, some say they broke out a long time ago, one group is the europeans who converted to judaism (zionists) , they're not short zombie like monsters as some of us believe

manaal
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I've been told they resemble the Turks.

Cabdullahi
09-08-2010, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
I've been told they resemble the Turks.
but the turks resemble...a whole lot of people including arabs

abdussattar
09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
As much as I know, they are giants...?

Allahu Alim

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-08-2010, 04:35 PM
^ Gog and Magog are Human beings with great minds. Allah has given them so powerful minds that Allah alone can destroy them. (hadeeth-e-Qudsi).

Alpha Dude
09-08-2010, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
As much as I know, they are giants...?
Allahu Alim
I actually thought they were short. :><:

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 09:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Allah has given them so powerful minds that Allah alone can destroy them.
Ohh scary:scared:..... Not even the greatest human weapons can defeat them? Wow thats amazing I cant help Imagining ho powerful they are...:uuh:

By the way, Who are Zionists?:embarrass

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Not even the greatest human weapons can defeat them?
They have all the greatest weapons. You know Israelis, the Caucasians who converted to Judaism are Zionists. It is a cult of Judaism like Kabbalism.

When they'll be completely destroyed?
It is when Isa (alayhi salaam) pray to Allah SWT to destroy them. Allah will send down birds with long necks and these birds will destroy them.

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
So they're humans...? :?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes, they are humans.

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 10:30 AM
So if they're humans, almong the people, then what about the Iron barrier?

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-09-2010, 10:38 AM
The iron barrier and the moulted copper is in ruins near the Caucasus mountains. And they are using the the sea of Galilee's water fin large quantities and the sea level is dropping day-by-day and this makes Prophet's SAWS prophecy true.

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Isralies drink sea of Galilee's water? Isnt sea water salty...? Drinking sea water would dehydrate you...

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Isralies drink sea of Galilee's water? Isnt sea water salty...? Drinking sea water would dehydrate you...
They are using it for industrial purposes....(That's too much knowledge for a 10th grader) :hiding:

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
.That's too much knowledge for a 10th grader :hiding:
Ehmmm I dont think so.... :( :unhappy:

By the way, where are Caucasus mountains?

What about this ayah

97. Thus were they made powerless to scale it or to dig through it.

18:97

'Abd Al-Maajid
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Search it on Google maps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus_Mountains

abdussattar
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Hmm I checked wikipedia for sea of Galilee and they say it is a freshwater lake.. so it CAN be used for drinking... this is intresting..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.